PDA

View Full Version : Sounds on TR1

Anniversary Lara
05-12-06, 19:36
I'm playing with VDM sound. Today I listened to some in game tracks, which on PC can't be heard. I really liked them. So I downloaded xp_tr1_audio.exe (from tombraiderchronicles.com). The readme file says that it was tested with VDM sound and Glidos. But can I run it without Glidos? Because Glidos is not working on my computer.

The readme file also says, I have to create a CD and put it into my first CD drive and put the TR-CD in my second CD drive. Can I copy the TR CD with the tracks from xp_tr1_audio.exe, so I would have only one CD? If so, in which order should they be? (I would use that burned copy only for me btw).

Thanks in advance! :wve:

Andrea

Simulation
05-12-06, 21:54
Do you have the Sold Out version of the game?

Moving to Tech Support.

EscondeR
06-12-06, 06:39
Andrea, this can work both with Glidos and DgVoodoo, so don't worry.
Second, you can try to burn all on one CD (only for yourself :mis: ), but first try on CD-RW just in case ;)

Gert
06-12-06, 07:11
I also have a Question. Will the Tomb 1 sound fix also work I've you wanted to play it in Dos without Dgvoodoo or Glidos? Actually i've had tried it and it didn't work. The light of the cd-rom didn't even flash although if I use the original Tr 1 sold out cd it does flash. Did I do something wrong or does the sound fix don't work for Dos?

EscondeR
06-12-06, 07:16
I also have a Question. Will the Tomb 1 sound fix also work I've you wanted to play it in Dos without Dgvoodoo or Glidos? Actually i've had tried it and it didn't work. The light of the cd-rom didn't even flash although if I use the original Tr 1 sold out cd it does flash. Did I do something wrong or does the sound fix don't work for Dos?

Sound fix will (maybe) work for DOS if burned on a single CD (with TR folders & files). Two CDs work only under Windows/VDMS/DgVoodoo or Glidos ;)

Joseph
06-12-06, 13:12
I'm playing with VDM sound. Today I listened to some in game tracks, which on PC can't be heard. I really liked them. So I downloaded xp_tr1_audio.exe (from tombraiderchronicles.com). The readme file says that it was tested with VDM sound and Glidos. But can I run it without Glidos? Because Glidos is not working on my computer.

The readme file also says, I have to create a CD and put it into my first CD drive and put the TR-CD in my second CD drive. Can I copy the TR CD with the tracks from xp_tr1_audio.exe, so I would have only one CD? If so, in which order should they be? (I would use that burned copy only for me btw).

Thanks in advance! :wve:

AndreaYes. Just read this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=364128&postcount=5).

Joseph
06-12-06, 13:22
I also have a Question. Will the Tomb 1 sound fix also work I've you wanted to play it in Dos without Dgvoodoo or Glidos? Actually i've had tried it and it didn't work. The light of the cd-rom didn't even flash although if I use the original Tr 1 sold out cd it does flash. Did I do something wrong or does the sound fix don't work for Dos?According to the TR1 Readme (http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/Trclassic/TR1/TR1readme/TR1Faq.htm)(it's on the CD) you can play the game on DOS. What you need to do is burn a replacement CD following method 1, as described HERE (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=364128&postcount=5).

Anniversary Lara
06-12-06, 19:57
Thank you :wve:

Joseph
06-12-06, 19:59
But did it work? That is what we would like to know. :)

Anniversary Lara
07-12-06, 15:46
But did it work? That is what we would like to know. :)

Yes it worked, but I forgot that dummy track.