PDA

View Full Version : I've decided to ..

Meep
08-12-06, 07:10
Auction myself off to the highest bidder... if all else fails I'll announce myself as free to good home!

Bidding starts at 1c ...

angelika
08-12-06, 07:35
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Literally? :whi:

ELEN
08-12-06, 07:58
Click me (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79759). Thank you :wve:

xMyrax
08-12-06, 08:00
Elen did you mean sticky or closed? XD

ELEN
08-12-06, 08:01
That was a mistake. LOL!!!

tlr online
09-12-06, 01:08
I'll start the bidding at $1 then ;)

Ward Dragon
09-12-06, 01:08
So, Meep, you said in the other thread that you are having some trouble. What's the matter?

Thorir
09-12-06, 01:13
So, Meep, you said in the other thread that you are having some trouble. What's the matter?

It was opened again. :)

Just a question...
How do you mail yourself over to the highest bidder? :D

Meep
09-12-06, 01:14
Trouble yes..

I've now been single for well over a year.. I guess what i need is more advice or something I dont know.

I do all the right things i smile im confident around strangers i dress nicely (I hope)

Yet i come up trumps...

I've had to put it down to being severely unattractive ..

I'[m basically wondering what's so wrong with me ?

Crying everynight wishing for someone to like me isnt healthy right?

xMiSsCrOfTx
09-12-06, 01:15

Air mail! Or FedEx.

Meep
09-12-06, 01:15
It was opened again. :)

Just a question...

Preferrably I was wanting Australian Citizens ... however if it came to an overseas buyer I'd use whatever money i had to send myself via Air Mail...

tlr online
09-12-06, 01:17
Trouble yes..

I've now been single for well over a year.. I guess what i need is more advice or something I dont know.

I do all the right things i smile im confident around strangers i dress nicely (I hope)

Yet i come up trumps...

It just means you haven't found the right person yet Meep, coz the right one will instantly recognise your beauty, be assured of that.

Look at it this way. With every rejection, breathe a sigh of relief, coz you could have ended up with the wrong person ;)

xMiSsCrOfTx
09-12-06, 01:19
Look at it this way. With every rejection, breathe a sigh of relief, coz you could have ended up with the wrong person ;)

Man, that's deep. Never thought of it that way!

Thorir
09-12-06, 01:19
How old are you, Meep?
I´ve been single for almost three years! No, it´s not at all fun, but I guess we just have to hang in there!

And no, it´s probably not healthy, but if you´re depressed, you are definitely not alone, and there is help to get.

And as far as I remember from the members pics, you are not unattractive. ;)

Titanium
09-12-06, 01:21
Thorir, Meep, how are you two single I really dont know. :)

Geck-o-Lizard
09-12-06, 01:22
Could be that you're putting too much pressure on yourself to get into a relationship.

As J said; every rejection is a rejection from a relationship that wouldn't have worked out anyway, if they were so quick to avoid you in the first place. When you find that special someone, you won't need to put on a show to get them to notice you.

So try not to get too worked up about being single, and just enjoy life as it is. It's a beautiful world out there, and partners aren't everything. ;) :wve:

tlr online
09-12-06, 01:22
And as far as I remember from the members pics, you are not unattractive. ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing :tmb:

Ward Dragon
09-12-06, 01:23
Trouble yes..

Yet i come up trumps...

No, it's not healthy. I wish I had some good advice for you, but I don't. I'm sort of in the same situation you are. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 21 and I've never had a boyfriend, never been on a date, never been kissed, nothing. In my case, it's not because of being "severely unattractive" (when I dress up for parties, I'm told I look very good) so I don't think that's the case with you either. You said you've been single for over a year now, which implies that you had a boyfriend awhile back. What caused that relationship to end? Was he the wrong sort of person for you? Maybe you are just going after the wrong type of guys. If you can figure out what it is that you are looking for, then that's one step closer to achieving it. Don't allow yourself to become so desperate that you'll settle for the first person who shows an interest in you. If he turns out to be a creep, you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

Meep
09-12-06, 01:55
Thanks guys .... TLR *hug*

Maybe it's the Australian Men ...

sources have told me that UK men ... specifically Welsh men would go nuts for me.. Maybe I'm in the wrong country ?

I know partners arent everything but ... I'm not a ver ysocial person and i freeze up when talkin to people ... and it's hard for me to keep any kid of friend because they get bored of me ... I'm basically friendless so my next to turn to is at least that one person that partner that i can hang out with and be close to ... like a best friend i guess...

Ive had people say to my face that im ugly and worthless so it's not just my imagination.

Sweet of those who have seen my photo.... maybe ive changed in the past few years from cute to ugly?

As far as looking for the wrong men goes ... I've tried basically so many different types or men ... race, music taste, wealth, age, anything you can think of ... they have all just been horrible.. I just want someone who likes my company correction who WANTS to be in my company, who thinks im gorgeous , thinks about me at LEAST once a day and truly cares about me ...

I'm not asking for a husband ... or full blown relationship... mm Just a close companion i can be with so i dont feel so isolated.

I know I'm wierd but surely there is someone who doesnt mind it ?

maybe ? on Pluto ?

Scottlee
09-12-06, 02:03
Meep (+Ward and the others)

Sorrow and happiness achieved from relationships are not the same as your first set of teeth and your second set. That is to say, one doesn't morph into the other and that's that, you're forever stuck with the second set. The hot kid in the playground who meets his sweetheart at fifteen may lose her at age twenty five and then have difficulties adjusting to that loss in later life. On the other hand, the young person who struggles to meet anyone at an early age, may get lucky at twenty five (for example) and be happy forevermore. Hell, the situations in both cases may reverse themselves yet again at thirty five and once again leave the early bloomer as the one with all the joy. This is just a bone-headed example of mine. It's not set in stone but I'm sure you get me.

The point is, it's not a case of finding someone and that's the end of it. The journey changes along the way. Or it won't change. You just don't know. Being single at twenty or twenty one though isn't failure or indicative of unattractiveness, it's just a condition of being. It's a status. It's a circumstance. And just as the circumstance of unemployment to employment can change within twenty four hours, so can the transformation from being lonely into being happy with someone. It's a quick turnaround. There's no five year training course where you learn how to be interesting or sexy, and THEN life will allow you to meet someone. It really is a simple case of "One day single and hating it, next day *poof*, where did that sexy motherhumper with the skeleton avatar come from????" (Joke). That's how it happens though. Don't be tempted to feel as if you're surely years away from changing into someone attractive. You're already there.

There's a huge advantage to going through a depressing single period at the start of your adult life, and that is that you learn to appreciate just what it would mean to you to be with someone. There are probably so many early starters who get pregnant at sixteen, or who settle down with someone at sixteen, and don't treat the relationship with respect. These are the types of people who can fall victim to taking their parters for granted, or of simply taking happiness in general for granted. I personally think you have to endure a period of lonliness (even if it's a small period) in your early life to fully develop your natural instinct for handling a full blown relationship. Can anyone, for example, read what Meep or Ward have written without thinking to themselves "Well they might be single, but when then do strike lucky they'll certainly appreciate their good fortune and be a great person for a guy to have". It's hard not to isn't it? And that's good news for some of the unknown parties who may never read this thread but will end up with either Meep or Ward. Or Thorir. Sorry, forgot about you for a second there. My bad.

And if all else fails....STRIP JOINTS!!! :jmp:

Oh just ignore me, I'm an idiot. Guys, seriously, your time WILL come. Don't worry.

xMiSsCrOfTx
09-12-06, 02:05
Yeah, I believe that there's someone out there for everyone. A few years back, I would've never imagined that I'd ever find someone though. You've got the rest of your life to find love and friends; when the time is right, they'll find you. :)

Thorir
09-12-06, 02:22
Aaw, that was a nice and long post, Scott. :hug:
And a lot of truth in it too.

I´m a bit like Bridget Jones. Neurotic and insecure. But I try to cheer myself up with the fact that I know I am a nice guy, and people who don´t like me are *******s and can just sod off. :D

Meep, have you ever tried online dating? Depends on your age, of course, wouldn´t reccomend it if you´re 16... But I´ve had a lot of interesting dates. :D Some great, some absolutely horrible!

Meep
09-12-06, 02:58
I've tried yes. Come out with nothing .

I'm 20 ....

In all honestly I'm on 4 sadly :(... still nothing

JamesFKirk
09-12-06, 10:04
Well... Truth to be told, I'm single my whole life. Not that I wouldn't try to find myself a girl that would share my feelings. I learned to coupe with status quo. Still - I learned one thing. You never know what's gonna happen tomorrow. One day, I was just your every day university student. Next day I was in love like I never thought possible and it seemed that the relationship will turn out just how I always dreamt a relationship should.
That it didn't turn out well is not what I want to discuss here (or anywhere else). I will point out one thing. Even laws of physics say that everyone will find someone - "What isn't prohibited by the laws of physics is bound to happen someday." end of definition. I can't tell you when it's going to happen for you. Who knows. Maybe when you read this, turn around and you see someone looking at you just the way you wish. Or maybe it'll take a week. It's not a question of "if", it's a question of "when" - and in this case, I think it's very positive fact.

Greenkey2
09-12-06, 10:20
Best advice is to stop looking for someone.

The right person will come along when you yourself are happy and secure in your own affairs.

Chasing after others in a bid to get yourself noticed will only cost you time, energy and self-esteem.

Above all, don't lose heart :hug:

Meep
09-12-06, 10:36
yep I've tried the whole " not looking " thing...

all it got me was people getting gf;s wondering why i was upset about it because theythought that i wasnt interested .

:|

Alive_and_Funky
09-12-06, 16:27
Yeah, I believe that there's someone out there for everyone. A few years back, I would've never imagined that I'd ever find someone though. You've got the rest of your life to find love and friends; when the time is right, they'll find you. :)
I agree. I've not found love yet (I'm only 14, so it doesn't bother me), but I'm sure that in time it will come. I often wonder who my "the one" is, what they're doing, what they're like. Just curiosity I guess.

Anyway, time to bid. I believe the last one was $1, so I'm bidding $10. :D

Agent 47
09-12-06, 16:44
cheap skate........

i raise the bar to $20 :ton:

on a serious note, being single really isn't that big a deal, to me anyway (4 years and counting)

but yeah! it is nice to have someone to talk to and share problems with :)

Night Crawler
09-12-06, 17:29
specifically Welsh men would go nuts for me..ROFL! Welsh men would go nuts for anything, even sheep, allegedly. :whi:

Lenochka
09-12-06, 17:30
^^^

Ew... sheep!? are you for real!? :eek:

Thorir
09-12-06, 17:35
ROFL! Welsh men would go nuts for anything, even sheep, allegedly. :whi:

Rivendell is from Wales, isnīt he? :mis:

Lavinder
09-12-06, 17:47
yep I've tried the whole " not looking " thing...

all it got me was people getting gf;s wondering why i was upset about it because theythought that i wasnt interested .

:|

You can always do the not looking thing, but just don't tell no one.

If there is a certain male that you like then go ahead, flirt furtively and use all the girly initiative !

You don't need a man to get your thrills in life, do something that you like, even if it might be something stupid, moping about like a lost sheep will turn the guys off. If they can see a broad smiling happy attractive girl then your in for a chance!

But of course, i'm a single 14/15 years old girl moping about after a certain someone at the moment, so you should hardly listen to me, but I might after all take my own advice.

Ward Dragon
09-12-06, 19:11
Good advice, everybody :hug: I hope that it helps Meep and Thorir (and anyone else who needs it). In my case, I know what my problem is -- I fell in love with a guy who isn't interested and I can't get over him (stupid me :rolleyes:).

kangaxx
09-12-06, 20:08
Meep, i dont understend very well if you are trying to get a boyfriend just to "date" or something more permanent, but if it's the permanent type you are looking for, give up!, a good relation never cames from the air, or cames in a instant looking for. live your life, and be very receptive, be also a super smart observer and that prince charmed could arrive any time.
i used to say, better alone that with bad company!
much love for you sweet friend:hug: ;)

Meep
10-12-06, 01:40
Thanks everyone for your awesome advice I'll surely try my hardest to take it on board no matter how stubborn I am.

It just brings me down when im told time after time that im not good enough.. but hmm who knows ...

Mr.Burns
10-12-06, 01:46
Meep, I go through the same thing. It's a confidence issue. We both need to be confident. People are usually more attracted to confidence than anything else. Don't let the rejection get to you. I won't put a positive spin on it because it does suck but, there is someone out there for you. Just keep your spirits up:hug: