PDA

View Full Version : I bought Win Vista RC1 today

raiderfun
09-12-06, 16:37
Hello joseph and all the team :D
I bought today vista RC1 , but i must convince my dad to install it , can anyone give me hints or something good to let it install :D

I read this (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/features/default.mspx)and it's seems be interesting , but i want to tell him something instead of telling him to read it :D

One question : Does vista contain IE7 ?

Joseph
09-12-06, 16:49
Why did you buy it??? :confused:

It is a release candidate, version 1, it had installation problems on many machines (including mine), fixed in RC2 (which i have running atm).
it was freely distributed. Every cent you payed was a waste.
It contains several incompatibility issues and bugs (i don't know the details, but read about them)
It will be useless without a valid serial, which you must have obtained from Microsoft. Illegal serials are blocked, validation is checked every now and then automatically.For these reasons, i can't think of a reason to install it.

Yes, it incorporates IE7.

raiderfun
09-12-06, 17:05
WHAT !!!!!! :yik: :yik:
That's mean i should return it to them ????? :yik: :yik:

But can't i upload it or something like that ? :(

Captain Mazda
09-12-06, 17:27
lol, Vista isn't even out on the market yet and won't be for at least another month. I'd like to inquire where you bought it from. You do realize Microsoft can now sue the living hell out of the retailer?

Joseph
09-12-06, 17:29
"upload it "??? To where???? :confused:

Raiderfun, i would say: just try to install it. Do you have a serial with it? If it fails once, there is no need to retry because it will fail next time as well, then remember i warned you.

Joseph
09-12-06, 17:31
lol, Vista isn't even out on the market yet and won't be for at least another month. I'd like to inquire where you bought it from. You do realize Microsoft can now sue the living hell out of the retailer?
RC1 is Release Candidate 1. You can burn it, i can burn it (we probably all did LOL). Any 'retailer' trying to sell the freely released RC1 is just trying to win a few bucks for free.

jamieoliver22
09-12-06, 17:37
Yeah, it is free anyway. Plus, RC2 is a better version than RC1.

Joseph
09-12-06, 17:45
Yes, that's what i'm saying. RC2 is the one to go with, untill the official release end of January 2007. Release of RC2 has long ago stopped already. Who wasn't there in time, just doesn't have it. But so what, in less than 2 months you can buy the official version that is not even a candidate but the real deal! :)

raiderfun
09-12-06, 18:14
Yes i have it jo :) ;)

But the problem is that when i tried to launch it , they said your system has only 256 Mb of Ram it should have 512 or more !!!!! :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Simulation
09-12-06, 18:18
If you do install RC1, it is only for testing purposes. You will have to remove it soon because it is an unsupported version.

raiderfun
09-12-06, 18:31
If you do install RC1, it is only for testing purposes. You will have to remove it soon because it is an unsupported version.

Ah gee ! :p

Joseph
09-12-06, 19:03
As Simulation said: RC1 (and RC2) was only released for testing purpose. They both are not representational for the final release to come, but RC2 is of course closer.
RTM (Release to Manufacturer) is closest to the final, but whoever has it is luckier than most of us (however: that seems to be limited with only 30 days so stops end of December), while my RC2 will be running untill July 2007.

raiderfun
09-12-06, 20:42
As Simulation said: RC1 (and RC2) was only released for testing purpose. They both are not representational for the final release to come, but RC2 is of course closer.
RTM (Release to Manufacturer) is closest to the final, but whoever has it is luckier than most of us (however: that seems to be limited with only 30 days so stops end of December), while my RC2 will be running untill July 2007.

July 2007 :eek:
That's really far , microsoft is wasting a lot of time :p

Joseph
09-12-06, 20:49
Sorry: correction: June 2007. :wve: Anyway, time enough.

Captain Mazda
09-12-06, 21:17
Then perhaps I need to look into some software licences, because I'm sure selling freely distributed betas for profit is an offense.

raiderfun
09-12-06, 21:28
Sorry: correction: June 2007. :wve: Anyway, time enough.

Oh ok , fine now :) ;)