PDA

View Full Version : Help - anyone?!

Elysia
09-12-06, 18:16
I've got a problem - all my download links for my Baldur's Gate mod have gone... even her 'official' download site is playing up. Anyone know of a free hosting site where I can mirror her for a while until everything is sorted? :( :( (And if you do... do you know how to upload stuff like this? I normally host via a modding friend's site, and they do all of that kind of stuff for me, so I don't actually know how to do it... :()

Cheers in advance! :)

PS: Mods - If this is inappropriate, just close :)

Lew
09-12-06, 19:20
use an FTP program, I did its a great program I had was something like HomeFTP but I cant remember!

Geck-o-Lizard
09-12-06, 19:24
You could try www.1asphost.com but I'm not sure what filesize they let you upload. They have a 100MB diskspace limit per account, so you could register a few accounts to get all the content up there, if there's more than 100mb of it.

They don't allow certain filetypes to be stored though, most notably MP3. You can dodge that by renaming the filetype of those files to .txt or something, it won't affect the file itself, though you'd need to tell visitors that they'd need to change the filetypes back to use the affected files.

jamieoliver22
09-12-06, 19:29
use an FTP program, I did its a great program I had was something like HomeFTP but I cant remember!

Do you even know what FTP is? You cannot download unless it is hosted on an FTP server..

Elysia
09-12-06, 19:40
You could try www.1asphost.com but I'm not sure what filesize they let you upload. They have a 100MB diskspace limit per account, so you could register a few accounts to get all the content up there, if there's more than 100mb of it.

They don't allow certain filetypes to be stored though, most notably MP3. You can dodge that by renaming the filetype of those files to .txt or something, it won't affect the file itself, though you'd need to tell visitors that they'd need to change the filetypes back to use the affected files.
:) Thanks - I'll give this a go. There aren't any MP3s in the mod, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just hope they accept the files we do use!

kangaxx
09-12-06, 20:03
Just happy to know that BG have fans yet:hug:
welcome to the club!:D

Elysia
09-12-06, 20:07
Just happy to know that BG have fans yet:hug:
welcome to the club!:D

Been a big fan for years, my dear Demi Lich! :tmb:

Hoo boy... this is fun (not)! I knew marrying a computer nerd was a good idea... :D

kangaxx
09-12-06, 20:15
Glad to know!:D

yes it's a great game, i am a fan for years also, my fav games are The eye of the Beholder 1,2 & 3, BG 1 & 2 (with respective expantions), Resident evil saga, FFantasy and TR saga. Sooooo many hours of pure pleasure;)

:hug:

Elysia
09-12-06, 20:45
Oh, balls... no .exe or .rar files accepted. No .exe = no mod...

Back to the drawing board!

(Still - someone found a mirror. Which is a teeny bit worrying, considering I didn't know about it... :pi:)

Kangaxx - ever played Torment? That's a great game... :tmb:

Lew
09-12-06, 20:46
Do you even know what FTP is? You cannot download unless it is hosted on an FTP server..

Wait, nevermind forget I said that :D :)

kangaxx
10-12-06, 00:00
Torment?...are you talking about the one called "planescape Torment"?, it's the same game?, if yes i never played because it was not launched in my country:( but i sew a trailer when i got BG1 i think, it looks very nice indeed.