PDA

View Full Version : Catherine Tate or Little Britain?

AnthonyShock1515
10-12-06, 02:43
If there was a new episode of both of these sketch shows and they were on at the same time; which would you choose over the other?

Ii personally would choose Catherine Tate, its much better than Little Britain. LB is funny but CT is absoloutly over the couch, hiccup inducing, hiemlich maneuvering funny!:jmp:

]{eith
10-12-06, 02:48
Am I bovvard?

I love both but Catherine Tate has sent me into uncontrollable hysterics, you wouldn't believe it!?!

I really love Catherine Tate, it's just so funny...

Guesse how much I love it? Go on, guesse? :jmp:

AnthonyShock1515
10-12-06, 03:03
lol 10.50...each!

This is in Derby
The dirty, evil, robbing *******s:D

Thta sketch should have its own series!:jmp:

in these arms
10-12-06, 06:09
:yah::jmp: Little Britain!:jmp: :yah:

Captain Mazda
10-12-06, 07:12
British comedy...somewhat of an oxymoron.

Elysia
10-12-06, 08:17
British comedy...somewhat of an oxymoron.
Hmmm... Fawlty Towers? Blackadder? Spaced? Black Books? Only Fools and Horses? Monty Python? The Goon Show? The Office? Red Dwarf? Porridge?

(To name but a few...)

Some of them are the best comedy shows ever made, and are recognised as such worldwide. Much rather watch Blackadder than some lame sitcom about some people who share a flat together and hug each other far too often... ;)

Anyhoo - between Catherine Tate and Little Britain?

Neither - I'd go down the pub! LB is a Fast Show rip off (FS was far superior ;)) and is tired now, and whilst a couple CT's characters are mildly amusing, most rely on hackneyed catchphrases. The only funy character she has is the old woman (and that's because she reminds me of my nan...)

Now QI... that's another matter! QI rules the TV in our house... :D

They just need to bring back Fist of Fun and Spaced and I'd be one happy little camper.

Ampersand
10-12-06, 08:54
Neither really. I suppose Little Britain would be my choice, since I utterly despise Catherine Tate, but I find comedies aren't that intelligent any more.

Captain Mazda
10-12-06, 09:42
Hmmm... Fawlty Towers? Blackadder? Spaced? Black Books? Only Fools and Horses? Monty Python? The Goon Show? The Office? Red Dwarf? Porridge?

You've named some of my favorites, Monty Python and Black Adder to be exact. But I meant in recent years ;)

Anyone ever watch 'Allo 'Allo?

Elysia
10-12-06, 09:45
You've named some of my favorites, Monty Python and Black Adder to be exact. But I meant in recent years ;)

Anyone ever watch 'Allo 'Allo?
In recent years... yeah, I'd agree with that! Only stuff recently has been... ummm... well... errr... Peep Show!

Peep Show was excellent. But apart from that, the crop has been pretty poor recently.

:D Used to watch Allo Allo as a kid - it hasn't aged very well, though. I even found myself watching The Brittas Empire the other day - bloody hell, that's dated!!

jarhead
10-12-06, 09:48

I love that show, specially the general ignorance round :tmb:

Personally I dont like either, I used to like both of them butr they got a bit repetitive and thus boring IMO. Occasionally some sketches are ok, but I dont generally find them funny

Alex West
10-12-06, 10:02
Catherine Tate - without doubt! Little Britain went down in the last series in my opinion while Catherine Tate stayed on top form...although I missed seeing the screaming woman lol. :p

]{eith
10-12-06, 11:54
The screaming woman is so funny.

I love british comedy and while I love both Tate and LB, nothing even compares to French & Saunders. Anyone see the Corrs parody? lmao!

Mad Tony
10-12-06, 11:56
Neither.
They're both utter trash IMO.
I'd rather just turn on a good, classic movie like Die Hard. :cool:

-DEBUG
10-12-06, 11:57
Oh Catherine Tate definately, Little Britain has lost it's touch, it's seems to be all about Gross-out humour! :( Catherine Tate show I always find hilarious

Greenkey2
10-12-06, 12:00

(To name but a few...)

Some of them are the best comedy shows ever made, and are recognised as such worldwide. Much rather watch Blackadder than some lame sitcom about some people who share a flat together and hug each other far too often... ;)

Anyhoo - between Catherine Tate and Little Britain?

Neither - I'd go down the pub! LB is a Fast Show rip off (FS was far superior ;)) and is tired now, and whilst a couple CT's characters are mildly amusing, most rely on hackneyed catchphrases. The only funy character she has is the old woman (and that's because she reminds me of my nan...)

They just need to bring back Fist of Fun and Spaced and I'd be one happy little camper.

Amen :D.

Personally I just don't get most modern comedy. Little Britain and Catherine Tate are just two examples.

Now Blackadder, Vicar of Dibley and QI are an entirely different matter :tmb:

CuteKittenlol
10-12-06, 12:00
Neither of them bother me, they used to be ok, but got boring as they have run out of new material imo.
But, if I had to choose, it would be Little Britain.

Bonez
10-12-06, 12:08
Catherine Tate by far.... I always found Little Britain just stupid and idiotic.

AnthonyShock1515
10-12-06, 14:02
If you type in 'Catherine Tate show' you get some really classic clips!

HAHA!:D

Phlip
10-12-06, 16:17
Little Britian, but I really like Catherine Tate!

viper456
10-12-06, 16:19
Catherine Tate at the mo..i exhausted Little Britain