PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player 11 and Internet Explorer 7

tlr online
11-12-06, 03:08
WOW! :tmb:

I'm lovin' both Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11, which looks so cool on Lara Croft TV when watching game trailers!!! :jmp:

Tabulated browsing rocks!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/McJustin/kewl.jpg

Mr.Burns
11-12-06, 03:12

I'm lovin' both Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11, which looks so cool on Lara Croft TV when watching game trailers!!! :jmp:

*coughs* firefox:D

Seriously though, How's WMP11 running?

tlr online
11-12-06, 03:19
Really fast, and pretty efficient on CPU and memory resources also. Not bad looking either. I'm impressed. I've messed around with Firefox, but I think I prefer I.E 7.0 atm.

tlr online
11-12-06, 03:20
I take it Microsoft ripped off the tabulated browser idea from Firefox?

Mr.Burns
11-12-06, 03:22

Actually, I think I recall hearing somewhere that another browser started tabbed browsing first *shrugs* I could be wrong. Firefox has been using it for quite a while though.

Kamrusepas
11-12-06, 03:24
I'm impressed. I've messed around with Firefox, but I think I prefer I.E 7.0 atm.

Blasphemy :eek: I can't stand Windows's programs :p

tlr online
11-12-06, 03:25
Hmm.. perhaps Opera. That's the only other established browser I know of.

tlr online
11-12-06, 03:25
Blasphemy :eek: I can't stand Windows's programs :p
Evening Kam. :wve:

What happened to your Second Life?

Mr.Burns
11-12-06, 03:26
Hmm.. perhaps Opera. That's the only other established browser I know of.

That wouldn't surprise me.

@Kam: Yup, haven't touched IE for a very very long time.

Metaldud
11-12-06, 03:28
I wouldn't know anything about it since my computer will not let me install IE 7 or Windows Media Player 11, then again it won't let me have anything without a fight...:mad:

Kamrusepas
11-12-06, 03:29
Evening Kam. :wve:

What happened to your Second Life?

Morning :D

Nothing happened, I just haven't logged on for a while. No special reason, just haven't felt like it :p

Captain Mazda
11-12-06, 04:17
Yeah, I've been using WMP11 since August or so and I've been happy with it.

Geck-o-Lizard
11-12-06, 04:18
I'm fairly sure Opera was the first to use tabs. Then Fx nicked it from them, and now M$ has nicked it from Fx. :p

Lord Icon
11-12-06, 04:20

The first tabbed browser was called NetCaptor. They did it first long before Opera or FireFox. I used NetCaptor the moment it came out... years ago. Since then I've never used a non-tabbed browser again.

Tomb of Legends
11-12-06, 04:27
Downloading WMP11 now.

Is there any side effects of downloading IE7 other then supporting Microsoft and there stupid consoles? :p

Satu
11-12-06, 05:08
I got ver7 last week it's great having those tabs. :)

oocladableeblah
11-12-06, 05:22
I hate how they put the stop and refresh buttons on the right side of the address bar.

Satu
11-12-06, 05:32
I hate how they put the stop and refresh buttons on the right side of the address bar.

that did annoy me too.....I keep forgetting where they are.

Tomb of Legends
11-12-06, 05:52
Thanks, now I do know where they are LOL :p I love both things! Microsoft finally did something right lol!

oocladableeblah
11-12-06, 05:57
I see your playing second life tlr :D
Is there anyway to change themes like in firefox?

ace_85
11-12-06, 09:15
I don't use IE7 (although I recently installed it, I still prefer Firefox) but I have to say that I'm loving WMP11 at the moment. It seems to put a slightly higher demand on RAM than the last version - I'm guessing that's because of the prettier interface - but I really like some of the new features, like the improved way it groups your albums and displays the cover art so they're quick to find at a glance. There's also much more control over creating playlists in WMP11 too, you can now build lists based on a whole set of different criteria.

Thankfully Creative also sorted out the compatibility issues with WMP11 (one of the main reasons I didn't upgrade to the beta version) so I can even use my mp3 player with it now. Kind of important, that :D

ELEN
11-12-06, 09:32
I use IE7. I did something wrong at the beginning, but now everything it's fine. I like it. I recently downloaded some updates for Media Player, but I can't remember if it was v.11 :whi:

Captain Mazda
11-12-06, 16:37

Which is why I now use the keyboard shortcuts, F5 and Esc.

Lew
11-12-06, 16:43
I like the way IE7 views webpages bigger and less stuff around the edges than firefox. WMP 11 I havn't used since August (formatted harddrive). I like them both but because of I've got use to and have an iPod I use iTunes.

Captain Mazda
11-12-06, 16:57
Use a 19" LCD at 1280x1024 and you'll like it even more ;)

tampi
11-12-06, 18:32
This is open windows. I think that it does not have limit.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4205/dibujoki4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Anubis_AF
11-12-06, 19:35
Nothing beats Firefox. I downloaded IE just because it was in the Windows Updates. Otherwise, it wouldn't even be on my PC because I never use it since Firefox has the IE tab plug-in :tmb:
Windows Media Player looks nice actually, I like it :tmb:

jamieoliver22
11-12-06, 20:29
Omg.. Get Firefox.. NOW!

IE7 is the evil/dark side.. Step away from it..

jjbennett
11-12-06, 20:37
Firefox ftw, although wmp 11 is rather good, finally a shuffle button instead of menus!

J.

Angelx14
11-12-06, 20:39
I'm lovin' both Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11, which looks so cool..... :jmp:

Exactly!!:D

jjbennett
12-12-06, 17:10
How do you add a single file to the library on WMP 11? I can't seem to do it!

J.

Mytly
12-12-06, 17:55

Use Firefox - you can change the look and position of all the buttons and toolbars then! :D

Agent 47
12-12-06, 17:59
Firefox Rules

as for WMP11...i don't have it...i'm happy with other programmes :jmp:

jamieoliver22
12-12-06, 18:01
Yeah, Firefox is 100x better!! :D

__________________________________________________ _________

www.firefox.com (http://www.firefox.com)
or
www.ie7.com (http://www.ie7.com)

(You decide..)

http://www.chiefbloggingofficer.com/images/clip-firefox-say-no2ie.jpg

:D

Michiel
12-12-06, 18:35
I stopped using internet explorer long time ago. I switched to firefox because I wanted a browser that could render pages correctly. Back then there was no IE7 so it was no option. Now I don't want to go back, the plugins I have in firefox are very usefull. Youtube video downloader, nice adblocking (even iframe ads) and such.

I wish IE6 would die very soon. I hate having to make websites compatible with IE6 because that stupid microsoft never made their browser fully CSS-compatible. Once IE6 is nearly dead (that means nobody used it anymore), I can finally use all nice CSS features in websites.

AnthonyShock1515
12-12-06, 18:46
I absoloutly love both of them, but I hate the whole transparent thing, I don't see the point.:(

I love my WM11:tea:

jamieoliver22
12-12-06, 18:57
I wish IE6 would die very soon. I hate having to make websites compatible with IE6 because that stupid microsoft never made their browser fully CSS-compatible. Once IE6 is nearly dead (that means nobody used it anymore), I can finally use all nice CSS features in websites.

Likewise.. I hate having to make everything work for both browsers.. Just becasue IE doesn't know how to render it..

Cochrane
12-12-06, 21:20

What can I say, other than "I agree"?

I agree.

Carbonek
12-12-06, 21:22
I've installed both.

Internet Explorer 7 - I really can't stand it. Rip off of Firefox for sure. The text is really hard to read and the only fact that I installed it, is because I need to download Windows Updates from that. :p

Windows Media Player 11 - Use it alot, nothing wrong with it so far. Use it with my compatible MP3 player. Easy to use. Simple. :)