PDA

View Full Version : can't see my avatar

stereopathic
11-12-06, 17:19
when i submit a new post i can briefly see my avatar, but apart from that it's invisible to me. a couple of people have said that they can see mine just fine, so i'm guessing the problem is on my end. i tried clearing my browser cache as suggested by lord icon but it didn't help. any ideas?

Joseph
11-12-06, 17:25
Are you connected via a router?

tr_mitch
11-12-06, 17:30
It may just be the fact that your not logged in, Members need to be logged in now to view avatars.

stereopathic
11-12-06, 17:35
Are you connected via a router?

yes. i have a lynksys wireless router.

It may just be the fact that your not logged in, Members need to be logged in now to view avatars.

i'm definitely logged in right now. i can see everyone else's, just not my own.

Joseph
11-12-06, 17:36
Only members can submit a new post, tr-mitch

Joseph
11-12-06, 17:37
Stereopathic. How long ago did you unplug from the current during at least 1½ hours and reset your router? I can tell it needs it every now and then to clear its cache!

stereopathic
11-12-06, 17:42
Stereopathic. How long ago did you unplug from the current during at least 1 hours and reset your router? I can tell it needs it every now and then to clear its cache!

i've never done that. i didn't even know you were supposed to do that. but it has been behaving very poorly for a couple of months now. i will do it later today when i have an opportunity. i'll let you know how it turns out. thanks, Joseph.

tr_mitch
11-12-06, 17:53
Only members can submit a new post, tr-mitch

I know but he said he could breifly see his avatar when he posted.

Joseph
11-12-06, 18:24
Really stereopathic i expect you will see it solved that way! :) When you go to sleep, take the router off the current. Tomorrow: put the current back on, and reset the router. :) I recently did it again myself, and it solved my internet bahaviour strangeness.

stereopathic
12-12-06, 19:10
dammit. it didn't work. anything else i can try out?

Simulation
12-12-06, 19:19
Download and run Ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/)

Now open a Command Window and type...

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

stereopathic
12-12-06, 20:02
ok, i did all that and still can't see my avatar. how frustrating. you guys can see it, right?

Simulation
12-12-06, 20:04
Yep. I can see it fine

Joseph
12-12-06, 20:06
I see it too.