PDA

View Full Version : Problem at School

tombraider123
11-12-06, 22:42
I have a big problem at school and it involves my Tech Lesson. Right, we have been working on our GCSE tech folders and we always have a certain deadline for each sheet. I was quite behind but I caught up and my teacher ever said well done and good effort that I got my folder up to scratch and looking nice.

Then today my Tech teacher comes up to me saying how my folder is a joke and that I have 3 after schools on the last 3 days of term. I don't understand why this has happened all of a sudden, after he said I was working up to scratch again. One minute he likes my work and the next he hates it and I just dont want to do Tech anymore. What do you people think I should do? We have to do a Tech but I just don't want to anymore, my teacher has made me feel uncomfortable to be in that class.

jarhead
11-12-06, 22:49
Do you have a head of department in your school, or a more experienced teacher. If yes, I'd take it to her/him and get them to check it. Your teachers probaly having a bad time, but dont be affraid to talk to him about it. I'd personnaly screw if my DT teacher did that

tombraider123
11-12-06, 22:51
Well, I have to go see my Tech teacher tomorrow (don't actually know why) and I will bring it up to him that I think he is making me work at a level I am not capable of, it's sooo hard for me. If he does not respect that, then I will take it further.

But tbh, I have no interest in this subject anymore, if I fail, I really am not bothered.

God Horus
11-12-06, 22:51
Well, I myself am a teacher.

What I would do is ask your teacher what the problem with your folder is, and how you can improve it.

tombraider123
11-12-06, 22:55
Well, I myself am a teacher.

What I would do is ask your teacher what the problem with your folder is, and how you can improve it.

I tried to, he never lets me get a word in. The thing is though, I am pretty sure he has had a problem with me since the beginning GCSE course, he always keeps me behind after lessons to check up on and no one else. He kept me behind untill 4pm once (20 mins after the bell) which is 10 minutes over the limit of how long they can keep you without 24 hrs notice, I know it's only 10 more mins, but it gets to me that he does it too just me.

Geck-o-Lizard
11-12-06, 22:55
Did your teacher actually go through the work you handed in when he complimented you on it, or did he just have a quick flick through it to see that there was actually work there? Possibly he complimented you on having got it done, and later checked through it and found that you'd been straying away from your brief?

Go to him next time you're in class and ask him what's wrong with the work you did. Make sure he gives you a clear explanation of the problem and what you need to do to sort it. Don't let him butt in and stop you from asking him; politely but firmly tell him that you need to know what the problem is so you can fix it.

tombraider123
11-12-06, 23:02
Did your teacher actually go through the work you handed in when he complimented you on it, or did he just have a quick flick through it to see that there was actually work there? Possibly he complimented you on having got it done, and later checked through it and found that you'd been straying away from your brief?

Go to him next time you're in class and ask him what's wrong with the work you did. Make sure he gives you a clear explanation of the problem and what you need to do to sort it. Don't let him butt in and stop you from asking him; politely but firmly tell him that you need to know what the problem is so you can fix it.

Well, he read some of the sheets while I was there and said they were fine, he comes up to me now and says the folder is a joke, I just don't like the way he is toward me, once minute saying im doing a good job and the next I am not.

Also, there are people who have done less than me, but he still gets on my back more, he gives me more work than I know I am capable of and it's getting on top of all my other school work. I don't usually get so anoid from a lesson, but it's just getting on my nerves so much, its stressful.

But, when he said I had the 3 after schools, that was it for me, and after he spoke to me I came out of his office and he goes to his group who he was having at the time who were year 8's, I am in a very bad mood boys, a GCSE student is not pulling his weight. I could not believe he said that while i was practically right next to him. It may seem like I am over exagerating, but I just hate it now.

God Horus
12-12-06, 00:48
One question, is this your main teacher, or do you have a seperate homeform teacher?