PDA

View Full Version : Four year old accussed of sexual harassment.

Dingaling
12-12-06, 18:49
I have no idea what the hell the world is coming to but this is more than pathetic:

BELLMEAD, Texas, Dec. 10 (UPI) -- The father of a 4-year-old Bellmead, Texas, boy said his son hugged his teacher's aide; school officials said it was sexual contact.

Now the family is trying to have references to the incident removed from the child's record because the boy is too young to understand, KVXX-TV in Waco, Texas, said.

The father said his boy hugged a teacher's aide while waiting to board a school bus. But the principal said the pre-schooler rubbed his face in the chest of the female employee, demonstrating "inappropriate physical behavior interpreted as sexual contact and/or sexual harassment."

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061210-110348-7474r

Greenkey2
12-12-06, 18:51
Oh god what is the world coming to when four-year-olds can't hug people for fear of being branded sexual predators....:mad:

Next we'll taking away teddy bears because they encourage children to hug and cuddle inanimate objects.

Grenade
12-12-06, 18:52
That's ridiculous. :mad:

Mad Tony
12-12-06, 18:54
This is stupid! :rolleyes:
I'm surprised the incident didn't occur in England though.

rika2
12-12-06, 18:55
:vlol: :vlol:

sorry, this is just funny :vlol:

AnthonyShock1515
12-12-06, 18:56
Cowboys:mad: ....

CuteKittenlol
12-12-06, 18:57
Oh my god.
How stupid is that!

Angel_14
12-12-06, 18:59
Next we'll taking away teddy bears because they encourage children to hug and cuddle inanimate objects.

:vlol: :vlol:

And yeah, you guys are right. this is the most ridiculus thing I've ever heard :rolleyes:

Greenkey2
12-12-06, 19:00
I assume this means that all babies in Texas are forbidden to breast-feed now?

Stupid.

Lara's Boy
12-12-06, 19:12

Please don't be so quick to lump people from a rather large state into such a horrible stereotype :o

This is incident is absolutely ridiculous (and it could've happened ANYWHERE). We have really reached a sad stage if we can't feel comfortable with children displaying basic signs of effection.

only Croft
12-12-06, 19:17
This is ridiculous!!!!. For crying out loud, what does a 4-year-old knows about sexual harassment????? All he knows is that there are men and women, nothing else.

This is totally crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Agent 47
12-12-06, 19:23
dude this is bad

like wtf...a kid can't hug anyone anymore.....pfft :mad:

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-12-06, 19:35
Well I mean, if he rubbed his face in her chest then I can understand the complaint, seriously... Some kids are really messed up these days.

jarhead
12-12-06, 19:42
Well I mean, if he rubbed his face in her chest then I can understand the complaint, seriously... Some kids are really messed up these days.

But I doubt he intended to do that. And he is only 4, so it could have been perhaps the height difference

Dingaling
12-12-06, 19:45
Well a 4 year old ain't that tall. The only way he could have reached her chest is for her to pick him up, she bent down or she must be extremely small! But, even then, a four year old does not understand what sexual harassment is. He does not even understand sex nor is he interested in it.

The whole thing is utterly stupid and enforces the idea that the whole population is slowly becoming mindless idiots who should all be shot.

Trust In Trent
12-12-06, 19:46
it's only a kid. Wtf man is that bad, if I didn't know it's safe to assume he didn't know what he was doing.

Poor little man.

Natla'd
12-12-06, 19:47

Oh, come on! He's four The poor kid was just trying to be affectionate, he probably doesn't even know what they're called. Hell, when I was four, I though a "bosom" was your bottom.

...although how on earth does a four-year-old-child reach chest height on a full-grown woman?

Legend 4ever
12-12-06, 19:51
That's ridiculous!!!

Geck-o-Lizard
12-12-06, 19:53

He's only four years old.

Tell me, when you were four, did you know a woman's chest is out of bounds?

Try and remember the horniest, dirtiest person you've ever met. Do you think even he/she, at four years old, knew about the subtleties of sexuality and how certain actions can be perceived as sexual harrassment?

Sexual harrassment is only valid if the "assailant" had sexual intent. This four year-old is EXTREMELY unlikely to have been trying to make moves on the assistant teacher. I mean, when was the last time you met a toddler who understood the significance of a woman's breasts in adult sexuality? In fact, when was the last time you met a toddler who knew what sex even is?

More likely is his memories of breastfeeding, and the feeling of closeness and emotional security by being close to a woman's chest. Now tell me exactly how that is sexual harrassment.

Seriously, it's HER head who needs examining. It looks very much to me like she's going for the big lawsuit with $ symbols in her eyes. This whole thing is just completely disgraceful.

Natla'd
12-12-06, 19:58
Well said, Gecko. I don't know about anybody else, but when I was four years old, the only think I ever thought about breasts were that they were comfortable. And I was bottle-fed.

I mean, when was the last time you met a toddler who understood the significance of a woman's breasts in adult sexuality? In fact, when was the last time you met a toddler who knew what sex even is?

LOL, that reminds me of a four-year-old I know. One day, he suddenly pointed at me and said "you have boobs!" as if it was some kind of revelation to him.

Mad Tony
12-12-06, 19:59
The whole thing is utterly stupid and enforces the idea that the whole population is slowly becoming mindless idiots who should all be shot.
So you think everyone in America should be shot for an incident that probably involved only a few people?
Quite irrational.

Natla'd
12-12-06, 20:00
Hmm. Not much different than this attitude of "a few muslims are terrorists - that means they all are!"

ace_85
12-12-06, 20:00
Seriously, it's HER head who needs examining. It looks very much to me like she's going for the big lawsuit with $ symbols in her eyes. This whole thing is just completely disgraceful.

And if that's not the issue, then this appears to be just another case of the red-tape brigade having gone seriously crazy :rolleyes:

Dingaling
12-12-06, 20:03
So you think everyone in America should be shot for an incident that probably involved only a few people?

No, I think the whole world should :D. Tis why I said "the whole population". It would save us from all this accusing four year olds of being sexual predators crap anyway.

Those who I do not shoot are the ones that I like. You will get an invitation to be not shot and you have the opportunity to reject. Note, this is a joke. I do not plan to go on a murderous rampage. At all.

Geck-o-Lizard
12-12-06, 20:06
No, I think the whole world should :D

Agreed. Or at least, everyone except the Scottish. (we have cool accents; we could repopulate the world so everyone has awsome accents, not just us) :mis:

Anyway yeah. This is a wonderful example of the paranoia and greed of modern culture.

Jacob x5
12-12-06, 20:06
Come on folks, it's Texas. What do you expect?

Geck-o-Lizard
12-12-06, 20:07
What a wonderfully unprejudiced comment, Jacob. http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7199/worriedth6.gif

Night Crawler
12-12-06, 20:08
Well I mean, if he rubbed his face in her chest then I can understand the complaintYou're kidding...right?

Mad Tony
12-12-06, 20:11
Been watching too many horror movies? ;)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre by any chance?

Texas is an ordinary state just like any other in the US.

Jacob x5
12-12-06, 20:13
I don't watch horror movies.

It was a joke. ;)

Natla'd
12-12-06, 20:15
Texas is an ordinary state just like any other in the US.

Wash your mouth out with soap! Texas isn't just an ordinary state - it's the one that produced the greatest band of all time*! Not to mention Meat Loaf (the actor/singer, not the food).

*which is Bowling for Soup, for those of you living under a rock. ;)

Mad Tony
12-12-06, 20:17
Wash your mouth out with soap! Texas isn't just an ordinary state - it's the one that produced the greatest band of all time*! Not to mention Meat Loaf (the actor/singer, not the food).

*which is Bowling for Soup, for those of you living under a rock. ;)
:vlol:
Bowling for Soup! What a name! :p
I've heard of them before, but haven't heard of any of their songs.

Anyway, California's better! :p

scion05
12-12-06, 20:20
^^ :vlol:

Now seriously thats disgusting!
I think its sick! I mean kids of all ages like to hug, and adults too...
My god, they'll stop hand shaking, and formal cheek pecking!

Ada the Mental
12-12-06, 20:33
Ridiculous!As if the a four-year-old would even know!
apparently she picked him up,because the kid could not of course reach that high up and he tried to return the gesture or something.
IMO,it's just as Gecko said:
He's only four years old.

Rivendell
12-12-06, 20:34
That's just.. it, ... :yik:

Hybrid Soldier
12-12-06, 20:39
Next thing you know, making eye contact with someone will be considered harassment. =/

Cochrane
12-12-06, 21:08
It's not the incident that disturbs me, it's how often things like these are reported in the newspaper. I recall a story where a school class visited a sailing ship, but the teachers wouldn't let the students see the front because the figurehead was a woman with bare breasts. That was a few years ago, but stories like these just keep coming up regularly.

stereopathic
12-12-06, 21:17
don't fall into dangerous stereotypes, tony. generalizing only displays your own ignorance.

Anyway, California's better! :p
pssshhhhh....

Ward Dragon
12-12-06, 21:54

You're kidding...right?

I've seen some 5 year olds who definitely know what they're doing when it comes to stuff like that :( I remember in grade school, one little kindergarten boy met his new teacher, who had a miniskirt which was above his eye level. He looked up her skirt, then looked back at his father and winked :eek:

Anyhow, I don't know the specifics of this case, but it's probably just the adults over-reacting (or looking for a lawsuit). In any case, I don't see how a 4 year old could be punished for this. Certainly jail time or fines wouldn't be appropriate. What can they do? Ground him during recess? :rolleyes:

viper456
12-12-06, 22:15
this has to be the stupidest thing i have heard in a very long time.

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-12-06, 22:40
Ok, I think people are failing to understand what I am saying.

I never blamed the kid, I'm just saying, it could have been harrassment. For example, this child may have been harrassed before and is mocking things that he's seen or has had happened to him. I wouldn't count that out. It depends on the level, we did not see this, we're just hearing a story. If it was really nothing intentional at all, then sheesh, this lady needs to get a grip; however, it is likely that the child could have been inappropriate. I'm not saying it's his fault, but still... I've heard of worse cases from children who don't understand.

Geck-o-Lizard
12-12-06, 22:48
When kids do this, you sit them down and tell them why it's naughty. It's totally inappropriate to arrest them and put criminal charges on their heads.

Imagine you have a kid. He's 4, boysterous, and enjoys play wrestling. He bowls into you one day wanting to play, and knocks you down. Would you call the police and have them arrest him for assault? Or would you tell him off and explain why he mustn't be so rough?

Carbonek
12-12-06, 22:50
:eek:

What has the world came too. That's just utter nonsense. I've got a 3 year old girl and now she can't hug anyone? Noooo! Not happening....

BTW - In Nursery, they hug the teacher. All of the kids. Not just mine. And, that teacher doesn't seem like Sexual Harassment. It's a 4 year old girl for heavens sake!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-12-06, 23:16
When kids do this, you sit them down and tell them why it's naughty. It's totally inappropriate to arrest them and put criminal charges on their heads.

Well yeah, I agree with that much.

What I was trying to point out is that the woman really could have been harrassed, even though the child was not purposely acting that way. People are quick to assume that it was just a hug, but seriously, we don't have enough knowledge of the situation to assume, all we're doing is reading an article. Again, I'm not blaming the kid, but even so, it very well could have been harrassment.

Night Crawler
12-12-06, 23:18
Ok, I think people are failing to understand what I am saying.

I never blamed the kid, I'm just saying, it could have been harrassment. For example, this child may have been harrassed before and is mocking things that he's seen or has had happened to him.Are you for real? You fail at logic.

Even if the kid was mocking what has been done to him, he is still too young to understand whether what he is doing or what has been done to him, is right or wrong.

I bet you're just the sort of person who would sue a 4 year old for sexual harassment. http://www.3dmm.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-12-06, 23:25
I fail at logic? If you look at what I said, I never blamed the kid, and I never suggested that the child should be punished as such. The child needs to be sit down and taught that it is wrong.

If you take the time to read what I wrote down, the child may have mocked bad behavior. Which, in turn, would make the child innocent; however, the teacher would still be the victim. Regardless of whether the child intended it or not, the woman still could have been harrassed. Sueing the child is ridiculous, of course, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the woman could have still been harrassed. We can't dismiss her and her side of the story, you have to give both sides an equal look.

From now on, read everything I've written instead of jumping to conclusions. If not, you're really not at liberty to comment. Well... you are, but not factual anyway.

Night Crawler
12-12-06, 23:30
I fail at logic? If you look at what I said, I never blamed the kid, and I never suggested that the child should be punished as such. The child needs to be sit down and taught that it is wrong.

If you take the time to read what I wrote down, the child may have mocked bad behavior. Which, in turn, would make the child innocent; however, the teacher would still be the victim. Regardless of whether the child intended it or not, the woman still could have been harrassed. Sueing the child is ridiculous, of course, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the woman could have still been harrassed.

From now on, read everything I've written instead of jumping to conclusions. If not, you're really not at liberty to comment. Well... you are, but not factual anyway.

You fail at logic for immediately trying to justify something as pathetic as a 4 year old being accused of sexual harassment. I can't believe you are willing to give the accusing woman the benefit of the doubt.

but that doesn't take away from the fact that the woman could have still been harrassed.

See, here is where your logic goes out the window.

2kool4u
12-12-06, 23:35
give me a hug!! SECURITY!! I was gonna post this but some idoit was doing something read thread.

jarhead
12-12-06, 23:36
Personally I dont hold anyone responsible. The child is obviously too young to even begin to understand what harassment is, let alone actually comit it. The teacher, who probaly spends a lot of her time with that age group, must know that 4 year olds hands are everywhere and that he didnt intend to touch her in any one certain place.

However I think the head teacher, or the one pressing charges ( i think its the head teacher) should be done. Honestly what does he think he'll achieve by writing such things in a childs report. I think the dad has all the right to have the records of the incident erased and forgotten about

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-12-06, 23:39
@Night Crawler.

Were you there? Did you witness the act? Do you know that the kid did nothing but hug her? How do you know he didn't do what was accused of him? You're jumping to conclusions and choosing a side when you have no evidence but that article. I'm looking at things from both sides. Sure, the child may have just hugged her, but at the same time, there's a possibility that he did what was accused of him as well. It's very possible, I've heard of young children doing things much worse, mocking what they have seen or had done to them.

I'll repeat myself and say I don't think the child should be sued or even blamed, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he could have unintentionally done something wrong.

If you call giving both sides of the story a fair look: "failed logic", then I question your way of thinking.

Olvidarse
12-12-06, 23:44
Slap a prison sentence on him and call it a day...

Lord Icon
13-12-06, 00:02

Ignorance and arrogance at its finest.

Oh yeah, and since we're stereotyping... they're English, what do you expect? :mad:

[Edit]: With my last sentence I wanted to demonstrate how the stereotyping would look coming from the other side and being directed towards you by using your own words. Hope you enjoy it.

Geck-o-Lizard
13-12-06, 00:04
Thanks for that, Hon. Mod Lord Icon.

Night Crawler
13-12-06, 00:11
@Night Crawler.

Were you there? Did you witness the act? Do you know that the kid did nothing but hug her? How do you know he didn't do what was accused of him?

Lol, who do you think you are, Judge Judy? All I need to know is that is was a kid, a 4 year old. Even if he did what he is accused of, a child is innocent, it's the teacher's corrupted mind that is to blame for any uncomfortableness/embarrassment over the situation. The child did nothing wrong, even if he put his head in between her breasts and made rude sounds and he shook his head from left to right, might seem inappropriate but the kid doesn't know that. This kid, remember, is still a toddler.

If you call giving both sides of the story a fair look: "failed logic", then I question your way of thinking.

Well I question whether you are able to think at all.

Geck-o-Lizard
13-12-06, 00:14
Yeah, enough of the personal snipes against Mel, Nightcrawler. She's entitled to give her opinion without being attacked.

jarhead
13-12-06, 00:18
ok lets twist this on its head.

Imagine your 4, still at that stage where your exploring your surrondings, mainly using your hands. You see people cuddling and you go to cuddle your teacher. She bends down to get to eye level and you cuddle. A member of staff walks out and sees the situation at the wrong angel.

Would you like to have a record of harassment at the age of 4, when it was probaly a misunderstanding.

Although I can see Mel's point, I still cannot figure out how the act would have been carried out intentionally. I dont think harassment can be harrassment of it wasnt intentional, then its an accident isnt it?

stereopathic
13-12-06, 00:34
kids do inappropriate stuff everyday. you don't file charges on them because they don't understand everything about what is right or wrong. and they certaintly don't understand the consequences of their actions at four years old.

Apofiss
13-12-06, 00:38
Good point Jared. Still, what if (not directly this case) kid did that with intention, but with non-sexual intention from his view of point (as he probably have no idea of that "animal" called sex.. XD).. now the question is; can we/they interpret it as sexual harassment against teacher even knowing the fact he is a 4 years old kid? I'd teach him not to do that of course and let him run along, but how it goes considering US Law?

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-12-06, 00:49
The child did nothing wrong, even if he put his head in between her breasts and made rude sounds and he shook his head from left to right, might seem inappropriate but the kid doesn't know that.

Again, if you would simply read what I have written down, I said the child was innocent. However, that doesn't mean the woman was not harrassed. Just because the child wasn't aware does not mean nothing happened to the teacher. If some one throws a rock and accidentally hits you in the face with it, they would be innocent, but that doesn't mean you're not going to get a bruise on your face.

@Geck. Thank you. :)

Ikas90
13-12-06, 02:25
OMG!!! This world is just getting sadder and sadder... :(

Satu
13-12-06, 03:03
That is just plain ridiculous, these people need to get a grip.

Kamrusepas
13-12-06, 03:05
I read about it in the paper here. It's absolutely ridiculous, the kid has no idea what he's being punished for.

BoyTRaider
13-12-06, 03:08
The kid is 4 years old for Christ's sake. :rolleyes:

ILG49ers
13-12-06, 03:09
Ok...the kid is ony four! I'm sure that he had no idea what he was doing.

Satu
13-12-06, 03:09
I read about it in the paper here. It's absolutely ridiculous, the kid has no idea what he's being punished for.

Exactly...he might know that certain things are naughty but would never really understand the point of what the adults are going on about.

Genocide
13-12-06, 03:31
My god, they'll stop hand shaking, and formal cheek pecking!

Well thats the Mafia screwed then
----
Seriously though this is pretty out there...a four year old...whats the harm? he don't know any better, it's not his fault
BUT
I do agree with what Mel said earlier though, from the Teachers point of veiw it could be construed as sexual harrasment especially if his head were next to her chest-she will have felt very violated by the gesture, even though it was'nt meant to be anything close to sexual, I know im gonna get seriously attacked for this, but...the child had no right to go and hug her anyway

GodOfLight
13-12-06, 03:36

i can see that...

Kamrusepas
13-12-06, 03:42
I do agree with what Mel said earlier though, from the Teachers point of veiw it could be construed as sexual harrasment especially if his head were next to her chest-she will have felt very violated by the gesture, even though it was'nt meant to be anything close to sexual, I know im gonna get seriously attacked for this, but...the child had no right to go and hug her anyway

The kid is four years old. When you were that age, were you thinking of shoving your head between some strange woman's breasts? In a sexual way?

Genocide
13-12-06, 03:56
No, But i never wanted to hug the damn teacher either...but all im saying is, the teacher might feel violated by what happened, i know it wasnt intended to violate...but all people are differant, and this particular individual may have felt that her personal space was invaded

Kamrusepas
13-12-06, 04:01
Now I don't like kids, but if a four-year-old hugged me, I'd probably just play along or, if I felt really annoyed or 'threatened' for some reason, I'd tell him that it's not appropriate to hug strangers, especially without their permission. I wouldn't sue him.

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-12-06, 04:03
but all im saying is, the teacher might feel violated by what happened, i know it wasnt intended to violate...but all people are differant, and this particular individual may have felt that her personal space was invaded

That is the exact point I've been trying to get accross, yet people assume I'm blaming the child. That's not the case. Just like with the example of being hit in the face with a rock by accident. Ok, sure, if some one didn't mean to hit you with the rock, then they are not to blame; however, you still got hit in the face with a rock, that fact does not change. Just because it wasn't intentional, does not mean it didn't happen and that it doesn't hurt. Same principal.

Edit: For the record, I never said suing was the right response for the situation either. That is definitely too far.

Genocide
13-12-06, 04:05
I wouldnt sue either, and neither should she- but thats just the teacher bieng an Assclown about the whole situation, but i can understand where she's coming from though...

Kamrusepas
13-12-06, 04:07
Well I can't. If I sued every random kid who's ever touched me, I'd practically be living in a courtroom.

GodOfLight
13-12-06, 04:11
Parents dont breast feed your children!!! Otherwise they will always be into nipples!!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-12-06, 04:18
Kam, Genocide was saying how he can understand how the lady would feel violated. He's not saying he understands why she would sue.

Andariel
13-12-06, 04:22
4 year olds don't know better if that is what happened. I feel sorry for her if she feels violated but a court case is too much.

Kamrusepas
13-12-06, 04:23
Kam, Genocide was saying how he can understand how the lady would feel violated.

And I'm saying I can't.

JACOBryanBURNS
13-12-06, 04:30
That would happen in Texas. Ugh. Move over Europe, I'm coming over.

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-12-06, 04:31
4 year olds don't know better if that is what happened. I feel sorry for her if she feels violated but a court case is too much.

My sentiments exactly. :)

GodOfLight
13-12-06, 04:32
My sentiments exactly. :)

right.... :confused: :

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-12-06, 05:33
When I said some kids are messed up, I mean they've had their minds corrupted by having bad things happen to them, or witnessing it, so they mock that. Which is what I've already stated... I didn't say the kid was intentionally harrassing some one.

You can easily paste bits and pieces of my responses and turn them around. If that's what you wish to do, go for it.

GodOfLight
13-12-06, 05:46
When I said some kids are messed up, I mean they've had their minds corrupted by having bad things happen to them, or witnessing it, so they mock that. Which is what I've already stated... I didn't say the kid was intentionally harrassing some one.

You can easily paste bits and pieces of my responses and turn them around. If that's what you wish to do, go for it.

i didnt edit or change one word, i was just comparing your most recent post to your first post ;) had i deleted or modified something it would have been a different story.

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-12-06, 06:17
I didn't say you modified what I said, I merely stated that you chose bits and pieces. It's very easy to twist meanings when only pasting a little bit.

jarhead
13-12-06, 09:13
That would happen in Texas. Ugh. Move over Europe, I'm coming over.

WOOT!! :D

ok well I'd think a teacher of that age group would know that 4 year olds have a tendancy to A. copy what they see and B. might need some comforting.

Ok Genocide, you might not have wanted to cuddle a teacher but I know some 4 year olds who actually have a strong bond with their teacher, being the only main person they see away from home.

All I can say is, and I'm probaly repeating myself here, that I think its the person who wrote the incident on the report, and not the child/teacher.
Of all people I doubt such a teacher would want to take such action against a 4 year old, if she was the one making a complaint etc, as I strongly believe that 4 year olds need to be educated and not punished.

Mel, 4 year olds will copy what they see and mimic action and all that, so is it his fault or just his age?

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-12-06, 10:59
Mel, 4 year olds will copy what they see and mimic action and all that, so is it his fault or just his age?

Never said a single time that it was the kid's fault... In fact, I've said the contrary.

JANKERSON
13-12-06, 11:40
The whole thing is Pathetic. :mad:

A 4 year old kid.... :rolleyes: :whi:

IMO the teacher is just trying to get a lawsuit out of it.

Terminatorvs
13-12-06, 17:11
Nah, this ridiculous - I don't think the child understood what he was actually doing. Getting comfy is a good guess, in my opinion.

JANKERSON
14-12-06, 03:31
Nah, this ridiculous - I don't think the child understood what he was actually doing. Getting comfy is a good guess, in my opinion.

Exactly. :)

Jacob x5
14-12-06, 07:38
It wasn't a teacher.

Lavinder
14-12-06, 07:42
It can happen. :(

Virusbuster
14-12-06, 11:27
*sigh* I bet that kid was SO lusting for his teacher! Oh yeah!

That reminds me, Mario is bad stuff. It teaches you that getting high by eating colorful mushrooms is a good thing.

Alex Fly
14-12-06, 11:38
OMG that's ridiculous ! :yik:

interstellardave
14-12-06, 12:10
Kids NEED love and attention, people. He is FOUR years old. What he did can only be a natural expression of needing love and comfort from a woman in his life that he obviously likes... And let's face it, the busom is pretty much the symbol of comfort to a small child. If it made her uncomfortable, fine, but there's numerous ways to delicately handle the situation. Almost anything would have been better than what she did.

Natla'd
14-12-06, 13:35
I understand what Mel means; there is no way round the fact that, although the child has not done wrong, the teacher's aide could still feel harrassed.

When I was seventeen, I used to go to this lunchtime club thing to help younger children (from eleven to fourteen, roughly) with their reading and writing. The boy I helped had learning difficulties, I think. Anyway, he used say un-nerving things, like he would like to see me naked or wearing just my coat. He was fine most of the time, these comments were out of the blue.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I felt harrassed, and uncomfortable, but I certainly don't blame the child. Obviously, he's going through puberty and beginning to become attracted to girls, and this was just his way of expressing it; all those thoughts in his head were just kind of slipping out. I mentioned it to a teacher (I thought she should know in case he was upsetting other girls), but I certainly would have never gone and had him arrested or anything.

JANKERSON
14-12-06, 13:55
I understand what Mel means; there is no way round the fact that, although the child has not done wrong, the teacher's aide could still feel harrassed.

When I was seventeen, I used to go to this lunchtime club thing to help younger children (from eleven to fourteen, roughly) with their reading and writing. The boy I helped had learning difficulties, I think. Anyway, he used say un-nerving things, like he would like to see me naked or wearing just my coat. He was fine most of the time, these comments were out of the blue.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I felt harrassed, and uncomfortable, but I certainly don't blame the child. Obviously, he's going through puberty and beginning to become attracted to girls, and this was just his way of expressing it; all those thoughts in his head were just kind of slipping out. I mentioned it to a teacher (I thought she should know in case he was upsetting other girls), but I certainly would have never gone and had him arrested or anything.

There is a HUGE difference between a 4 year old and 11-14 year olds. ;)

Natla'd
14-12-06, 14:13
There is a HUGE difference between a 4 year old and 11-14 year olds. ;)

Obviously. :p But what I'm saying is, it's perfectly natural to feel uncomfortable with someone else's actions without actually blaming that person.

Hypnosos
14-12-06, 14:34
Gotta stop the rapists in a early age... :ton:

tomblover
14-12-06, 14:36
A four year old accused of sexual harassment? That's ridiculous! :mad: (sp?) I just thought (Don't kill me, please.) that was a cute and friendly interaction. :D And come on, I don't think he meant to flirt or wanted to (Don't kill me again, please.) make out (:cln: :vlol:) with the teacher or something, unless is parents are horny as hell. ;)

EDIT: What the :cen: is aide?

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-12-06, 17:05
He's FOUR! I mean, come on. And it was a HUG. Children like hugs, and since he's so young, he probably saw nothing wrong in it. Things like these make me lose faith in mankind. "Everyone watch out for the big bad sexually harassing four year old boy!" I think the people accusing this toddler with sexual harassment need to shift their focus on larger issues. Like real sexual harassment cases, or those sexual preditors.

Sofitegan
14-12-06, 17:09
WTF???? thats the biggest bag of bollocks i've ever heard. IT WAS JUST A HUG! AND HE IS FOUR !!!

CerebralAssassin
14-12-06, 17:17
ok people,let's get one thing straight here...

sexual harrasment does NOT have to be intentional in order for it to qualify as sexual harassment.

now,having said that, I agree with Mel, I can understand why this woman is offended (IF the boy rub her face in her breasts)...especially,like Mel said,if she figured that the boy is mocking inappropriate behavior.The kid probably doesn't know any better,if I were her,I'd probably have a talk with the parent,but a court case is ludicrous of course...

*expecting to get flamed*

come on people!!bring it on!!:D

Melonie Tomb Raider
14-12-06, 17:41
CA and Natla'd to the rescue!! :D :hug:

haha. Well stated though, both of you. :)

stereopathic
14-12-06, 17:57
children do insensitive and inappropriate things all the time. the lady prolly should not be a teacher's aide if she's that sensitive to it.

Night Crawler
14-12-06, 18:55
ok people,let's get one thing straight here...

sexual harrasment does NOT have to be intentional in order for it to qualify as sexual harassment.

Of course it does, if a dog jumped up and pawed a woman's breasts and the woman felt harassed, could she sue the dog? :rolleyes:

CerebralAssassin
14-12-06, 19:06
Of course it does, if a dog jumped up and pawed a woman's breasts and the woman felt harassed, could she sue the dog? :rolleyes:

what took you so long?

anyway,I don't even think you deserve a reply,your logic is too unsound buddy...:D

Night Crawler
15-12-06, 01:34
anyway,I don't even think you deserve a replyI don't think you have one. ;)

Sick of going round in circles with this now, I'm done with this thread! :mad::D

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-12-06, 02:37

We never once said the woman should have sued in the first place, we said she could have felt assaulted though.

BoyTRaider
15-12-06, 03:01
Ok, Mel, I agree with you and see your point. The kid could've mocked someone, and obviously not have conscious enough for it to be considered harrassment. If I were one the parents... I'd talk to him and explain that something of the sort should not be done, as for such would be considered a bad deed. Of course, I would not go into details since the child doesn't have enough knowledge of things.

Now... as for a teacher pressing charges on a little boy... That was just a rediculous action from the teacher's part.

Mona Sax
15-12-06, 09:36
children do insensitive and inappropriate things all the time. the lady prolly should not be a teacher's aide if she's that sensitive to it.
Agreed. I understand that she could've felt uncomfortable, but blaming the child is an extreme overreaction and highly unprofessional for a teacher. If she felt harassed, she could've simply told the child so, but punishing a four year old for something that is more likely to have something to do with loving affection than sexual attraction is just plain wrong.

Come on, if a teacher can't deal with a hug, she's clearly got the wrong job.

interstellardave
15-12-06, 12:15
You know, I've heard about a billion times in my life that "sexual harrasment is not about sex, it's about power". Well, what position of weakness or vulnerability did he put her in? How does a 4 year old assume a position of power over an adult? Did he threaten her job if she didn't "give in"? :rolleyes:

This has much more to do with her own inner insecurities than a FOUR YEAR OLD's (that can't be stressed enough) actions.

stormyhorse
15-12-06, 16:38
No, But i never wanted to hug the damn teacher either...but all im saying is, the teacher might feel violated by what happened, i know it wasnt intended to violate...but all people are differant, and this particular individual may have felt that her personal space was invaded

If somebody feels violated by a four year old, rubbing whatever at her or his chest, the person needs the brain examinated.

People see everywhere sex these days, because they have always sex in their mind. It's a projection. Poor boy, he'll get a dysfunctional behaviour because of this incident.

danitiwa
17-12-06, 18:24
The only thing I have to say is: RETARDS A FOUR YEAR OLD CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT SEXUAL CONTACT IS!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :hea: SUEING KIDS, WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO??

tombraiderluka
17-12-06, 18:56
OMG.That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen! :mad:

star girl
22-12-06, 08:06
What's a 4-year old to even KNOW about these things. Plus, maybe the contact was completely unexpected at all. Maybe the boy hurt himself whilst playing and the assistant consoled him, when this whole thing came up. I know teachers hug and kiss children when they're hurt, heck when I was four, I used to go in an American school and only knew my ABC's. I used to hug the teacher and say stuff in my native tongue (which she never understood) and I was only a little taller than her knees! I can imagine this being a deliberate thing for money, like someone else said, but a child to think like that is absolutely ridiculous! :mad:

in these arms
22-12-06, 08:44
There 4! They don't know!