PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried that speech recognition software

viper456
12-12-06, 22:15
Well i notice i had some speech recognition software at the bottom of IE7 so i thought i would have a play :)

Its one of those things where you speak and the computer types the words for you...

so for ten minutes I sat here taling away training it up and thought it was a success...how very wrong i was.. lmao

right here is an example...

this is what i want it to type for me:

"hello members of TRF, how are you all today?

not to complicated..

heres what it comes out with:

"from members of tenor had a lot to do

ok that one wasnt actually to bad lol

here's another:

"its really late i might go to bed"

it to review the atomic bomb to their

ok you get my point.. lmao!

Anyone had any success with this program?

Geck-o-Lizard
12-12-06, 22:16
I've never had any success with ANY speech recognition software. Even if you spend 24 hours straight training it to your voice, it always spouts out the most creative word combinations in the world.

Kamrusepas
12-12-06, 22:18
Never tried any, but it sounds like fun :D

viper456
12-12-06, 22:18
I've never had any success with ANY speech recognition software. Even if you spend 24 hours straight training it to your voice, it always spouts out the most creative word combinations in the world.

its rubbish aint it lmao!

its quite funny but thats about it

10/10 microsoft! lol

Never tried any, but it sounds like fun :D

lol it is

On msn then I just tried to say "Mum said dont forget the rubbish tomorrow, she said she will leave it out"

it came out with

"Once this benefit the tobacco two bags of the bush to mention that anthem and the "

lmao

and i wont tell you what it said to Mitch lmao

tr_mitch
12-12-06, 22:22
and i wont tell you what it said to Mitch lmao

Whore. :)

tlr online
12-12-06, 22:24
That's coz you don't speak'ee no English :p

viper456
12-12-06, 22:25
Whore. :)

it sooo didnt say that! lmao

jackali
12-12-06, 22:26
most speech recognition softwares work fine for me:confused:

viper456
12-12-06, 22:29
most speech recognition softwares work fine for me:confused:

they would for you wouldnt they :p hehe jk

"Well tomorrow i think i will plug my propper mic in and train it all again and see if it works any better.."

OR

"What was not often "the making and trim its own team and see whether the death

:vlol:

jarhead
12-12-06, 22:31
At least it provides a laugh

viper456
12-12-06, 22:32
At least it provides a laugh

"yup :) thats always a good thing :D"

Yet been sold to

Dingaling
12-12-06, 22:35
You have to remember to speak clearly and with the same tone all the time (the most boring one is usually the best or even a 'proper' tone). Don't go off on a tangent with your accent or speak too quickly otherwise the poor thing will have no idea what the heck you're saying.

And, if that's what you're doing and it's failing... then it's crap, LoL.

viper456
12-12-06, 22:36
You have to remember to speak clearly and with the same tone all the time (the most boring one is usually the best or even a 'proper' tone). Don't go off on a tangent with your accent or speak too quickly otherwise the poor thing will have no idea what the heck you're saying.

And, if that's what you're doing and it's failing... then it's crap, LoL.

its just crap lol!

i will give it a propper go tomorrow with a decent mic though, that might be the prob :)

Jacob x5
13-12-06, 06:35
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGoyUwU0l54)'s a YouTube video of the Windows Vista Speech Recognition software in action.

It's actually the best speech recognition system I've ever seen. You occassionally have to repeat yourself, and I doubt it'd be very good for writing, but it's pretty impressive.

Personally I don't like to use speech recognition software. It's slow, buggy, and it's much quicker and easier to do it by hand.