PDA

View Full Version : Problems reinstalling windows xp

katmandoo
13-12-06, 22:58
I have this old computer that I used to use before getting a new one and I have been using the old one as a "server" even though it isnt one. But I keep having problems with it, like it shutting off or rebooting on its own, and finally it corrupted config.sys. So now I have been trying for about a week to get the computer working again, but it keeps freezing up on the installation and not being able to copy files. Right now I'm about to reinstall it again so any suggestion, and should I format the hard drive or just overwrite everthing? Any help will be appreciated.

Lord Icon
13-12-06, 23:08
But I keep having problems with it, like it shutting off or rebooting on its own, and finally it corrupted config.sys. So now I have been trying for about a week to get the computer working again, but it keeps freezing up on the installation and not being able to copy files.

First of all check the hardware itself before starting anything. Since it is an old computer make sure that everything (cards, cables etc.) are attached firmly and nothing is loose. Then check the case inside for dust. After some time the case inside can become pretty dusty which could cause a lot of problems and "freezing" of the OS and overheating of hardware could be some of them.

Right now I'm about to reinstall it again so any suggestion, and should I format the hard drive or just overwrite everthing? Any help will be appreciated.

Since there were previous problems with OS it is always wise to perform full format of the hard drive.

One question though. You said it was an old computer. What are its specs? Some "old" computer are unable to run XP.

katmandoo
13-12-06, 23:12
It isnt ancient or anything at the most 5 years old and there isnt that much dust in it because i just cleaned it out about a month ago or less and all the cables are connected firmly, also I have 2 hard drives and I've tried to install it on both and I forgot to mention that it has been running on xp for 3 years and I had no problems. At the moment it is at 31% installed which it has made it past the previous percentage of 27%, and I just deleted the windows folder and installed it to it again. I bet I'm going to run into this problem again in a little bit but what could be causing it to shut down and restart on its own without a warning?

Jade Rae
13-12-06, 23:48
If are you reformatting the hard drive when you install?

If you have an upgrade to xp it will not be reformatting the hard drive, but if you have the full version it will reformat for you which is probably the best option. If you have Windows 98 I would recommend you install that and then upgrade to Xp, that's pretty clean.

As for it shutting off frequently that may be caused by a faulty power supply or a motherboard that is dying (there may be another cause too, but these are the ones I've experienced:)).

You should also check your CMOS battery, normally your computer would tell you when it is running low, but it wouldn't hurt to check it. :)

katmandoo
14-12-06, 00:13
i finally got windows xp installed and i'm pretty sure that the cmos battery is about dead by now and i have been reformatting my hard drive all week to get it to install, and i had windows me for about 3 years before installing windows xp but that was 3 years ago and i havent had this much trouble until now. But everything is working fine now, and thanks for the advise about the power suply and mother board. If I were to have accidentally gotten dust in the power supply box from blowing that compressed air into it to clean out the vent, would that do any damage?

Joseph
14-12-06, 00:44
If you have an upgrade to xp it will not be reformatting the hard drive, but if you have the full version it will reformat for you which is probably the best option. If you have an upgrade version you have exactly the same options as on the 'full' version.
The Windows ME upgrade version is the same as the 'full version'. The only difference is that the upgrade version was cheaper, and you have to posess -and let it checked- a Win98 CD during installation of WinME.
The Windows XP upgrade version is the same as the 'full version'. The only difference is that the upgrade version was cheaper, and you have to posess -and let it checked- a WinME CD during installation of WinXP.
The clue is that you must do a full format anyway.

Joseph
14-12-06, 00:50
i finally got windows xp installed and i'm pretty sure that the cmos battery is about dead by now and i have been reformatting my hard drive all week to get it to install, and i had windows me for about 3 years before installing windows xp but that was 3 years ago and i havent had this much trouble until now. But everything is working fine now, and thanks for the advise about the power suply and mother board. If I were to have accidentally gotten dust in the power supply box from blowing that compressed air into it to clean out the vent, would that do any damage?
Even of my oldest PC (built in 2000) the CMOS battery is still working correctly (as far as i know; i have that PC parked without a PSU atm).

Good you upgraded to XP! :tmb: First things you should do now, is:
-update your chipsetdrivers.
-run Windows Update.

Jade Rae
14-12-06, 00:59
Really? I never noticed that Xp had both options on the upgrade. :)

I'm glad you got it to work katmandoo!!

The power supply should be fine unless you blew extensive amounts of dust into it. :)

Joseph
14-12-06, 01:03
Noticed what exactly, Jade Rae? :)

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:30
My computer froze up again. And it did it durning a download, and everything froze up even the keyboard, does anyone know what could be causing this

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 01:34
Are you using original XP CD? Or custom made?

Also, did you update chipset and other hardware drivers?

Joseph
14-12-06, 01:35
Now you are online, katmandoo, post a Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) report please. :) So that we see your PC.

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:38
I hope i can download it when i turn the computer back on

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 01:40
So you are on two computers?

Joseph
14-12-06, 01:42
Hi Lord Icon. :wve:

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:42
yes my dell computer is the one im using right now and the other computer that i use like a server even though its not one is the other one which is a gateway and the gateway one just froze up when i got on the internet

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 01:43
Hello Joseph and everyone :wve:

yes my dell computer is the one im using right now and the other computer that i use like a server even though its not one is the other one which is a gateway

That's good. It'll speed up things.

Is that a home network?

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:46
yes

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 01:47
It would be safer if you use the computer you're on right now to download the diagnose.exe. Then transport it to the other computer using a floppy or a thumbdrive.

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:48
now the computer is restarting on its own before even reaching the logon screen

Jade Rae
14-12-06, 01:50
If you have an upgrade version you have exactly the same options as on the 'full' version.
The Windows ME upgrade version is the same as the 'full version'. The only difference is that the upgrade version was cheaper, and you have to posess -and let it checked- a Win98 CD during installation of WinME.
The Windows XP upgrade version is the same as the 'full version'. The only difference is that the upgrade version was cheaper, and you have to posess -and let it checked- a WinME CD during installation of WinXP.
The clue is that you must do a full format anyway.
This. Sorry Joseph, I should have quoted it. :)

I've installed Xp on many sytems I guess I just never noticed you could do a full reformat with an upgrade. I'll look closer next time. :)

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 01:51
Another question. Did you add anything lately to it? Cards of any kind? Extra memory? Did you connect a new keyboard? Mouse? Printer? Scanner? Anything at all?

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:52
i think it is symantec antivirus b/c it didn't start doing this until it froze up last and it wont let me see the blue screen that it says before restarting

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 01:54
That would be strange. Not impossible but strange. How about any hardware?

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:56
i looked and it is something about hardware but it is too quick to read it

Joseph
14-12-06, 01:57
Do NOT install Norton untill all other software installations have been done!!!!!!

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:58
um so norton hates the internet b/c that is the only thing installed after i installed the driver for my nvidia card

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 01:58
i looked and it is something about hardware but it is too quick to read it

OK. That's why I'm asking about the hardware. Did you add anything? If yes what was it?

katmandoo
14-12-06, 01:59
nothing was added between the point i installed windows xp and the point were it said something about hardware. The only things i have done are updating my nvida driver and installing norton antivirus

Lord Icon
14-12-06, 02:03
As Joseph already said you should finish with updating the drivers, load the programs and then install Norton.

Always, after reinstalling the OS, you should install all the drivers first and then programs.

Although, many times I would install Norton before the programs (because I already had access to the Internet). Never had any problems.

katmandoo
14-12-06, 02:05
i could uninstall norton if i could get to the command prompt but ive tried everything from safe mode to last known good config

katmandoo
14-12-06, 02:17
um is alot of hot air coming out of the front of the computer bad when it used to be cool?

Joseph
14-12-06, 02:31
Please katmandoo could you at least post a Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) report while you're doing?

katmandoo
14-12-06, 02:35
If you are still talking about the computer i'm having trouble with, i can't even log on to it b/c of a hardware error that i can't read i was going to try to make it work from using a dos startup disk but it can't be run in dos mode

katmandoo
14-12-06, 11:53
Now I have to reinstall windows xp again because a file got corrupted overnight. it said Windows\System32\hal.dll
I have no clue how that got corrupted because I tried to reinstall it last night since it wouldn't boot all of the way up and it froze up at the license agreement before it even got to the install and format thing

EscondeR
14-12-06, 12:03
Katmandoo, does your PC load BIOS? Or you see just a black screen when you turn it on?
Check all the connectors, there must be bad contact somewhere...
If no success, then you should check your HDD somewhere in case of HDD severe damage.

katmandoo
14-12-06, 22:21
the bios does load where it says "Gateway" and my second hard drive is the only one I have disconnected and I've been installing it on the main hard drive anyway so that can't be a problem

katmandoo
15-12-06, 01:34
I finally got my so called "server" working and I'm ignoring symantec until I have everything else installed, also I'm having trouble making remote desktop working, any suggestions

Now I have a hardware error and it won't let me through now and I'm getting really angry with it someone please help me

it says:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CCHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0s001901FD, 0x8239DEF0, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000)

Joseph
15-12-06, 01:53
Katmandoo, Run
chkdsk /f

katmandoo
15-12-06, 01:56
is there a way for me to get to dos mode because the dos boot disk thing won't let me access any of the drives, and this happens right after it gets done with the Windows XP Professional loading screen

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 02:07
I suspect your hard drive is going bad.

Can you use the other hard drive as master/primary?

katmandoo
15-12-06, 02:09
at the moment i'm trying to get to a dos prompt on the cd but it won't boot from the cd and it is a bootable cd i have rearranged everything so it is CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Floppy Drive, Hard Drive 1, Hard Drive 2. It should boot the cd-rom but it ignores that and goes straight to the startup options (the thing where you press f8)

katmandoo
15-12-06, 02:16
Katmandoo, Run
chkdsk /f

also i finally got to that through the disk and it found errors but it won't let me view them. Is that what the /f is for?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 02:27
also i finally got to that through the disk and it found errors but it won't let me view them. Is that what the /f is for?

The /f switch is for "fix". It tells the checkdisk to fix the problem/s it finds.

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 02:29
at the moment i'm trying to get to a dos prompt on the cd but it won't boot from the cd and it is a bootable cd i have rearranged everything so it is CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Floppy Drive, Hard Drive 1, Hard Drive 2. It should boot the cd-rom but it ignores that and goes straight to the startup options (the thing where you press f8)

The CD/DVD drive you want to boot from must be set as "master".

Also make sure that, since you have two hard drives, they are set correctly as well.

katmandoo
15-12-06, 02:34
I think I fixed it but after the windows xp loading screen a black screen comes up and nothing happens

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 02:37
Is there any particular reason that you don't want to use the other hard drive as your primary HD?

katmandoo
15-12-06, 02:40
Is there any particular reason that you don't want to use the other hard drive as your primary HD?

Because it would require me to format the hard drives again and I've already install some things on it. If I have to format it again in the ruture I'll do that because I've only done this 2 times, but I finally got to the desktop by using safe mode, could a device conflict be causing something like this to happen?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 02:45
Because it would require me to format the hard drives again and I've already install some things on it. If I have to format it again in the ruture I'll do that because I've only done this 2 times

If that hard drive has bad sectors you will run into problems sooner or later. It is very important for the hard drive to be in a good condition for the stability of your system. That's why I suggested the other HD given that hard drive is OK.

could a device conflict be causing something like this to happen?

Yes.

katmandoo
15-12-06, 02:50
I'm scanning the disks again, also is there a program that can scan your hard drive to check to see if it is in good condition or bad condition? And another thing could dust have anything to do with the problems that are occuring?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 02:57
I'm scanning the disks again, also is there a program that can scan your hard drive to check to see if it is in good condition or bad condition?

You're already using it. ScanDisk does it.

And another thing could dust have anything to do with the problems that are occuring?

Dust has "bad effect" on any electronics. You already said that the computer is clean inside. Besides, the interior of a hard drive is well protected. And when the hard drive is inside the main unit that gives it double protection.

There are many reasons for bad sectors. If you want to have a stable system one of the things you must do is to use a hard drive that is in good condition. Now, I can't say that that's your case for sure. But since you said that the scandisk found problems I assumed that there are bad sectors on it. The best way to go about it, in this case, is to replace the hard drive.

katmandoo
15-12-06, 03:01
Oh, well I bet I will have more problems in the morning, also i havent installed norton yet so I will just have to see tomorrow, thanks for the help.

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 03:22
My suggestion would be to:

1. Switch the hard drives. If you have any files on the other HD just connect it to another computer and back them up. If there are any programs installed you can always re-install them.

2. Disconnect completely the HD which has problems (just for now).

3. Disconnect completely the CD or DVD drive. Leave only one of those two (the one that you know works for sure). And again, just for now.

4. Format and install XP on the "good" hard drive.

In this case don't forget to set the jumpers correctly. This way you'll know if that's what causes the problem. If everything is working correctly then you can connect the other CD/DVD drive. And eventually second hard drive. Method of elimination is the best way to go if you encounter problems like this one.

Although this is not an easy or quick way to do it, it proves to be very effective. It's up to you.

EscondeR
15-12-06, 04:33
In this case don't forget to set the jumpers correctly.

Important: Don't use "Cable Select", connect your HDD as master and set jumper to "Master" or "Single" ;)

katmandoo
15-12-06, 11:10
I bet is I try any of this I will destroy everything because I have no metal to touch in my room, and the case is plastic.

EscondeR
15-12-06, 11:19
I bet is I try any of this I will destroy everything because I have no metal to touch in my room, and the case is plastic.

Do you have a ground contact (3-rd one) in your electrical outlets? You can use it carefully...
Or if you live not in an appartment but in a cottage or smth of that kind you can put on cotton wear and touch the ground outside ;)

katmandoo
15-12-06, 11:33
i do have a ground on the plug for the computer

EscondeR
15-12-06, 12:16
i do have a ground on the plug for the computer

Then leave it plugged to outlet, turn of power, open the case and touch some metal part of chassis, then unplug it from outlet and do the job with HDD jumpers ;)

BTW, I think you're expect too much from your static, relax it's not so awfull & the HDD is shielded, just don't touch the components on it's board if possible...

Chug a Bug
15-12-06, 13:57
I have to agree. I've had hard drives lying around on my desk, on my shelves, I've picked 'em up and put 'em down again, never had any trouble!

katmandoo
15-12-06, 22:27
It's just because I've destroyed a laptop before from just touching one thing so I'm worried about everything, I've only installed one piece of hardware internally and that was a sound card and to my excitement, it worked. But If I have anymore trouble with the hard drive I'll consider doing what you are saying but at first I have no clue where the "jumpers" are on the board. Also, I'll post the dxdiag in the next post before the computer gives out again.

Edit:
I have more problems now, it says unmountable boot volume, what does that mean?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 22:29
...but at first I have no clue where the "jumpers" are on the board.

The jumpers we're talking about are located on the back of the hard drive (where all the cables go).

katmandoo
15-12-06, 22:39
oh ok, and I'm still getting that unmountable boot volume error, and does anyone know what this means?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 22:46
oh ok, and I'm still getting that unmountable boot volume error, and does anyone know what this means?

This is probably because your boot.ini file is corrupted. And since this is not the first file you got that is corrupted that could indicate that maybe your hard drive is going bad.

katmandoo
15-12-06, 22:48
since I'm logged on to windows (via repair console) where would i find boot.ini at?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 23:00
Here is how you can rebuild your boot.ini (http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000648.htm) given that it is corrupted.

katmandoo
15-12-06, 23:12
ok am i going to have to select what operating system to load every time?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 23:15
If you only have one OS it will select itself.

katmandoo
15-12-06, 23:24
yea but when i restarted the computer it said

Windows XP Professional edition
Windows XP Professional

and i selected the one i made so is it going to stick with that one?

Lord Icon
15-12-06, 23:28
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
3. Under System Startup, click Edit.
4. Copy and paste it in your next post and I'll tell you what to remove from your boot.ini file so that message will not come back.

katmandoo
15-12-06, 23:55
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional edition" type /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 00:04
[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

I did a few changes and corrections. Just copy the entire thing and paste it into the boot.ini overwriting everything in it. Then save it. Reboot to test.

[EDIT]: I don't know why it shows the way it does but:

1. Line 3 it should be WINDOWS not WINDOW S
2. Line 5 it should be Microsoft not Micro soft.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 00:10
ok i'll do that in a few minutes after checking how my forum is working that i just got working after 3 months

katmandoo
16-12-06, 00:47
the one i made was the one with the "edition" on the end of it so would i just add that to the end of it?

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 01:53
Yes, just keep that line and add /NoExecute=OptIn at the end of it. Or you can just copy what I posted (it is from your boot.ini). Just correct the things indicated in my post above. For some reason I can't correct them in my post. A bug in forum's software?

katmandoo
16-12-06, 02:12
I wish i knew what caused my computer to lock up when i connect using remote desktop, and why my keyboard on the computer it self stops working for no reason, as soon as the computer restarts I'll add that in.

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 02:21
I wish i knew what caused my computer to lock up when i connect using remote desktop, and why my keyboard on the computer it self stops working for no reason

That I'm not sure. Do you have a firewall or the computer that you're trying to connect to has one? If they're not setup correctly could cause any of the systems to "freeze".

katmandoo
16-12-06, 02:23
ok, i have done that thing and it is working fine. Also, I got my forum set up and I hope I don't lose the hard drive again, the thing is on my network and it will allow me to use the remote desktop over the router and it use to work for like 5 hours before I got disconnected but now it disconnects me withing 3 min of connecting.
And now it is changing my ip address assigned by my router, the first time i turned it on it was .103 a few minutes ago it was .111, now it is .114

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 02:35
I can't help you much with setting up Remote Desktop since I don't use it. But here are some links on how to setup Remote Desktop on XP: Link 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/northrup_03may16.mspx), Link 2 (http://www.geeks.com/techtips/2006/techtips-22jun06.htm) and Link 3 (http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1441&page=4). Maybe some of them will help.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 02:39
ok i forgot to do some things because i set up the web connection this morning so i need to get rid of it

it just corrupted another file
Windows/System32/config/system

why is it that it always corrupts that one file?
and is there a way to fix it from the recovery console?

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 03:02
Here is a link with instructions (http://www.ntfs.com/missing-corrupted-system-files.htm) on what to do if any of your system files got corrupted or deleted.

I strongly suggest to think about replacing your hard drive with a newer one.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 03:09
I strongly suggest to think about replacing your hard drive with a newer one.

I know but I have no clue which one is the one that is dying, I'm just assuming its the top one but I'm not 100% sure

Edit:
The one thing that amazes me is how many formats I could have prevented if I had used scan disk, it fixed that system file that was corrupted just now

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 03:16
The one thing that amazes me is how many formats I could have prevented if I had used scan disk, it fixed that system file that was corrupted just now

With a little luck it will solve the problem... at least for a while.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 03:17
the computer froze again, it seems to happen whenever something gets added on the c drive so i guess anything i install needs to be on the d drive since that one is the good one

Edit:
Just now i tried to do a back up and transfer it to the computer that I'm using now and it gave me a hardware error and restarted and my hard drive is horribly fragmented and the backup thing is corrupted now

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 03:27
the computer froze again, it seems to happen whenever something gets added on the c drive so i guess anything i install needs to be on the d drive since that one is the good one

This is not a solution. Eventually you will come across something that needs to be installed on C drive. Besides that will not prevent the C drive from crashing randomly.

Just now i tried to do a back up and transfer it to the computer that I'm using now and it gave me a hardware error and restarted

I know it's getting old but... you will have to replace that hard drive sooner or later. It's the only "fix" for failing hard drives.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 03:30
I wish I could get further than the bios screen with the keyboard, the keyboard stops working at a random time, so i figure its the usb ports so what could be causing that? and i just went to disk management and it says the hard drive is healthy which must be a lie

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 03:39
I wish I could get further than the bios screen with the keyboard, the keyboard stops working at a random time, so i figure its the usb ports so what could be causing that?

Keyboard would not cause corruption of files. You can try another keyboard though to see if the "freezing" of the system stops.

and i just went to disk management and it says the hard drive is healthy which must be a lie

You said before that scandisk found some errors. Doesn't sound too healthy.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 03:41
its not that, it is just the usb ports quit working at a random time even though the computer still works.

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 03:50
Do you have one of those mutli-functional keyboards, like Office Keyborad or Logitech? They require some software to function correctly. Or your MB chipset drivers need to be updated.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 03:54
its the keyboard that came with the computer when we first got it, the mouse is a new one though but it is made by microsoft.

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 04:03
Try connecting the keyboard to a different USB port. Sometimes it helps.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 04:04
I tried doing that and it was worse than what I have now, could there be dust in the connector on the inside of the case?

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 04:20
I guess you have only two of those. Dust? I doubt that would be the problem.

Is there a resource conflict anywhere?

Here (http://www.earthtym.net/USB-solutions.htm)'s something that might help you.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 04:33
I have 5 usb ports on the computer but only 1 stays working the longest and I hope that disabling power management will fix 1 of the 3 problems I have.

Do you think I should disable write caching on the disk because it says that a power outage can cause data loss or corruption, so that may fix another problem.

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 04:34
That would be my next suggestion.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 04:37
I'll be able to handle less performance because it is better than having to reinstall windows because of a corrupted file, and do you think anything on the Primary and Secondary IDE Channels may have anything to do with any problems?

katmandoo
16-12-06, 15:06
For some reason the system file was corrupted again, I may have to format the hard drive and reinstall windows on the second one and have a backup of everything on the main one.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 17:20
I'm probably going to see about getting a new hard drive at Christmas would this work?
http://www.amazon.com/WesternDigital-ULTRA-ATA-100-Internal-WD400EB/dp/B00006HTLI/sr=8-41/qid=1166293063/ref=sr_1_41/105-7377858-4516459?ie=UTF8&s=pc

Joseph
16-12-06, 20:33
Katmandoo, could you tell why do you select this harddisk?

If your system is IDE, then yes it will work. If your other, working, harddrive also has a 5400 rpm speed, then go ahead buy it. But a 40 GB 5400 rpm IDE hdd is

small
relatively expensive,
slowOh btw (just looked at the page you linked to): NEVER buy a used harddiskdrive!

Lord Icon
16-12-06, 20:57
Oh btw (just looked at the page you linked to): NEVER buy a used harddiskdrive!

Absolutely agree. Says on there that particular hard drive is refurbished. Get a new one.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 22:26
Katmandoo, could you tell why do you select this harddisk?

If your system is IDE, then yes it will work. If your other, working, harddrive also has a 5400 rpm speed, then go ahead buy it. But a 40 GB 5400 rpm IDE hdd is

small
relatively expensive,
slowOh btw (just looked at the page you linked to): NEVER buy a used harddiskdrive!

yea I didn't figure that out until I looked again to see that it said it was refurbished, and after I reinstall windows xp on the working hard drive I'll get the diagnostics

and about the ide things, there are drivers installed on the computer the last time it was logged on and my bios says something about it

And I selected it because I didn't need a huge amount of space and that it was the cheapest they had

Edit:
I'm about to install windows xp so what should I do after both hard drives are formatted

Joseph
16-12-06, 22:43
Formatting is part of the Windows XP installation process. Put in the XP CD. Do a "New Install". Select Advanced options. When the blue screen is loaded, you get choice about formatting options. Choose FULL FORMAT!
After formatting, the installation will proceed. When XP is installed, first thing to do is installing your motherboard drivers (from the CD or from their website) and Windows Update.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 22:45
for some reason, every time i format then install it has trouble putting files on the disk and freezes up, so i have to just delete the previous installation for it to work right, and i don't have a bootable cd so i have to use all of these boot disks, but do you want to have the diagnosis thing before or after the drivers are installed

katmandoo
16-12-06, 22:55
Its over halfway done installing windows on the good drive and I just got an error saying:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I guess I need to remove that bad hard drive so how do i do this?

Joseph
16-12-06, 23:09
Take off the current from the PC, and unplug all devices. Then open the case, and take out the bad drive. The remaining good drive should be set as 'master or single' (see indication on sticker)

katmandoo
16-12-06, 23:11
I was luckey to see that one was at master and the other one was slave and it may take a while, also what about that unused power connector and that unused data cable that will be left?

Joseph
16-12-06, 23:14
When you start installing XP, make sure you select NEW INSTALL at start.

I was luckey to see that one was at master and the other one was slave and it may take a while, also what about that unused power connector and that unused data cable that will be left?
No problem, let the unused power connector be.

About the data cable, it has three plugs: 1 side for the motherboard, the other two connectors are for the slave and master drives. There should not be an unused data cable, because if things were done correctly previously , both disks were connected on the same data cable. Your good, working, one drive should now be connected at the end of the data cable.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 23:20
ok i see now on the data cable so should I move the end of the data cable down to the one I'm going to use as master or just let is stay where it is?

katmandoo
16-12-06, 23:37
I have done it and I couldn't get the hard drive out so will that mess up anything?

Joseph
16-12-06, 23:37
Move the end of the data cable to your good working master drive. Make sure the bad drive is taken out physically, or at least its power and data cables are both taken OFF, so that this drive does not exist anymore to the motherboard.

Ahh. i see i had a typo in my previous post #106 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1422849&postcount=106) , now edited! Sorry.

katmandoo
16-12-06, 23:41
there is no cable going into the bad hard drive, but i couldnt get the screws out of it to remove it from the computer without removing the 2 pci cards and the motherboard, but there is nothing attached to it and the second hard drive is set as master

Joseph
16-12-06, 23:47
The second hard drive is the good one? Are you 100% positive?

katmandoo
16-12-06, 23:53
100% positive because it was the slave and the bad hard drive was the one with windows xp installed, and this is the first major hardware modification I have ever done, and it works, but the bad one would have already been set as master since it was the main one in the micro atx from gateway I had. Also the installation is at 80% so it is doing good.

Joseph
16-12-06, 23:56
I asked because of what you said in your post #103 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1422819&postcount=103). You were installing on the good drive.

But anyway: Also the installation is at 80% so it is doing good.
That is sounding encouraging! :)

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:04
yea it installed but the computer didnt restart like it was supposed to and i corrupted the boot.ini because it froze up during the setup process and now it won't boot from the disk.

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:06
Is the cd-rom player set as 1st boot device in BIOS?

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:08
i got it to boot now, I use the cd from the other computer to get to the recovery console but it seems that my computer has frozen for some reason so is there any idea what could be causing this?

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:09
Did you actually do a FULL FORMAT?

It is only after you disconnected the bad drive, that you should start the new installation of XP on the good, master drive. Select Full Format. Did you do that, and in that order?

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:11
oops forgot about me having to do that i just deleted the previous installation. If i format it from the Recovery Console will that mess anything up or do I have to format it with the installation thing

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:13
It is only after you disconnected the bad drive, that you should start the new installation of XP on the good, master drive. Select Full Format.

You have to format it with the installation. FULL FORMAT. Only this way, all history will be erased and this drive can act as a completely new drive. Forget about the recovery console.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:15
I have to use the boot disks again so this may take a while to complete and should I use a different file system (FAT, FAT32) besides NTFS

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:17
Why do you use boot disks? Is your Windows XP cd from Microsoft, or from Gateway?

NTFS is the recommended file system for Windows XP.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:20
the one I have isn't bootable, the one that came with the dell computer in the other room is bootable, but I can't use that one, and I have one for my dell computer I'm using now and I dont know if it is bootable but it is media center edition though

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:22
From Gateway: What is Gateway System Recovery?

Gateway System Recovery (GSR) is a backup solution for Gateway computers. At the heart of this solution is a 2nd partition on the hard drive where files necessary to reinstall the software that came with the computer are saved. In addition to this recovery partition, users can create a set of discs that act as a secondary backup incase the recovery partition becomes damaged or corrupt.
There have been several revisions of the solution and each revision has slightly different implementations. Refer to the software documentation for specific information on the solution that shipped with your computer.
This means, that you canNOT use the recovery console (unless you created recovery disks), because on this newer drive it will fail to find the recovery partition because it simply does not exist, it is on your bad drive that you disconnected.
That is why you now have to use the Windows XP cd only, and after installation you will have to find all drivers from the Gateway support site (http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp).

For the same reason, you cannot use a Dell CD on a Gateway computer! And after all, your WindowsXP has to be activated, so make sure you only use the XP cd you receieved with this computer!

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:25
ok, that makes since why it wouldn't let me fix boot.ini but should I delete the partion and create a new one or just format the current one, it is saying C: Partion1 [Unknown] 9758 MB ( 9758 MB free )
Unpartioned space 8 MB

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:28
Unpartioned space 8 MB is reserved for the boot ini file. That is normal, and it is located before C:\.

"C: Partion1 [Unknown] 9758 MB ( 9758 MB free )" means: you have 10 GB hard disk drive, it is formatted and empty and it is your C:\ drive. That sounds OK.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:31
ok so I don't need to delete the partion and create a new one

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:42
No, don't create a new one. How large is that drive? Am i right, assuming the complete drive is 10 GB total size?

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:47
it is 9.75 GB

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:48
Yes but is that the complete drive? Is that it? Doesn't it have unused space after partition C:\?

A 10 GB hdd is small for XP and all your programs. :( XP needs 3.5 GB, then you will install programs and then there won't be much left for your files...

A 10 GB drive is in fact physically less than 10 GB, that is because of the different standards how to calculate a gigabyte.

But anyway, you must format. You may only use the original XP CD that came with this PC.
Boot from the XP CD. The process will start collecting info, and at a certain point it will present you options. Select format as NTFS, full format.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 00:51
if everything was put together it would be 9.76 GB with the 8 extra mb that are left but it may be 10 mb and just doesn't say that, oh and the formatting has just completed, also I'm wondering why the computer keeps freezing up could something else on the computer be causing this or is it just the hard drive, if it is could I just switch the disks around because the only diffence between the 2 was a serial number on the lower hard drive that was the slave

Joseph
17-12-06, 00:59
I edited above after you posted.

I'm wondering why the computer keeps freezing up could something else on the computer be causing this or is it just the hard drive, if it is could I just switch the disks around because the only diffence between the 2 was a serial number on the lower hard drive that was the slaveA serial number on the hard drive has nothing to do with this failing. Your other drive seemed to not work correctly, that is why you disconnected it didn't you?

katmandoo
17-12-06, 01:00
well I could have been wrong and both drives look the exact same and I can't tell which is which so should I switch the drives again? It is doing worse than it did with both hard drives connected

Joseph
17-12-06, 01:09
Ahh.. so you were not sure when i asked you about which is the good one. Well, switch them then.

I just reread a bit through this thread... :pi: could it be that your Power Supply unit is not managing well? It would be helpfull if you could show which computer it is, can you find the same type on the Gateway support site?

katmandoo
17-12-06, 01:11
I checked for the monitor a while back and they didnt have anything about the computer on their site, but anyhow someone who can build computers put it together from the one i used to have, all i know is that it is a micro atx motherboard

Joseph
17-12-06, 01:19
Hmm. someone who can build computers put it together from the one i used to have, That's too vague. "Put together from the one you used to have"? So the one you used to have has failed before, or what? Your info is confusing.

What do you know about the parts that were used in this PC? Brand/type/capacity of power supply unit? You could open the case to check.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 01:21
all that has been added to it is another fujitsu hard drive (exactly the same as the one in the old one) a network card (I asume from linksys) and a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 4000 Graphics card

and the previous computer I had worked fine, he just put it together since the one we used to have was 3 years old and was needing some upgrades

Joseph
17-12-06, 01:25
Both hard drives are 10 GB (in fact 9.75)?

katmandoo
17-12-06, 01:28
yes they are, both exactly the same

Joseph
17-12-06, 01:32
Well, at the moment you don't have another option than to try switching the hard drives, maybe you chose the bad one thinking it was the good one.
If that in the end does not make any difference regarding the installation failure, it could well be that the failure is not cused by the hard drive but by the power supply unit or maybe a hardware malfunction on the motherboard.
[If you buy a brandnew hard drive to test in this PC, you can get certainty.]

katmandoo
17-12-06, 01:33
Also, could dust gotten somewhere that could have caused it, and I'm formatting the hard drive right now.

Joseph
17-12-06, 01:40
Dust in the cooler fan of the CPU can easily cause overheat, and this causes the PC to reboot or shut down. Also, micro-atx cases suffer from bad airflow (there simply is not much open space in such cases, and the flat datacable is blocking airflow as well. In one post you said you felt hot air coming out. If it is coming out the front, that means that the front case fan is connected reversed, because it should suck air to the inside; and the rear fan of the case should blow to the outside. Thus together they make the airflow trough the case.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 01:42
It was put in a case that allows for a micro atx motherboard or full size motherboard and there are 3 fans on the outside sucking air in to the case and 1 in the front pushing air out, also I cleaned out the fan on the cpu but that doesnt mean that I cleaned it out of the heat sink so could that be the cause?

Also, I just got an error saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what does this mean?

Joseph
17-12-06, 01:52
Yes the CPU fan cooler heatsink can still be full of dust. You could use a can of compressed air to clean that.

But, please reboot, and go into BIOS. Find the exact name of the motherboard. What you need to find out, is if you should update your BIOS which could solve your problem.

Joseph
17-12-06, 01:54
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL >>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810980/en-us :) But this happens on your PC while installing Windows and before you could even install Logitech drivers. But anyway, what mouse do you have?

katmandoo
17-12-06, 01:57
I guess i need to go plug the microsoft keyboard back up and the bios says nothing about the motherboard

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:01
http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.html

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:02
I already looked at that and from the saying of that it is the cpu overheating but I have no sensors on it to tell me the temperature of the cpu

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:06
Check again the connection of the IDE drives to the cable.
Master drive MUST be connected to the end of the cable. On the motherboard side this cable must be connected to the Primary IDE controller.

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:07
I already looked at that and from the saying of that it is the cpu overheating but I have no sensors on it to tell me the temperature of the cpuYou can see in the BIOS under "hardware monitoring" the temps of motherboard and cpu.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:10
maybe I can draw this

[]-----------------[]-----------[]
^ ^ ^
Motherboard Nothing Master HDD

the cable is like that

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:12
You can see in the BIOS under "hardware monitoring" the temps of motherboard and cpu.

all i have in the bios section is Main, Advanced, Password, Exit
something similar to that

Edit:
it is still giving me that error so do you think dust in the heat sink could be causing the cpu to overheat?

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:16
it is still giving me that error so do you think dust in the heat sink could be causing the cpu to overheat?Yes, it certainly could.

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:17
maybe I can draw this

[]-----------------[]-----------[]
^ ^ ^
Motherboard Nothing Master HDD

the cable is like thatThat is right! :tmb:

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:17
ok I guess I will check that then

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:21
there is some dust in it but should I take the fan off of the heat sink to check some more

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:21
During the XP installation process at the message 'Setup will now scan the hardware configuration of your computer", press F5. Select the correct computertype when you are asked. Select Standard-PC.

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:23
there is some dust in it but should I take the fan off of the heat sink to check some moreOnly if you can remove the fan without removing the heatsink!!! Better leave it.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:23
is that like right when the cd starts booting or after you have formatted the hard drive

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:24
Only if you can remove the fan without removing the heatsink!!! Better leave it.

the fan is screwed into the heatsink from the looks of it

nevermind I'm going to end up ripping the heat sink off while unscrewing it

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:28
Before installing, unplug all non-essential adapters and USB devices (printer?) Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer. Disconnect any Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices and printers, and remove the network adapter, sound card, serial adapters, and so on.
During the XP installation process, at the message 'Setup will now scan the hardware configuration of your computer", press F5. Select the correct computertype when you are asked. Select Standard-PC.
If you continue to receive this error message, you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer's motherboard. Refer to the manufacturer of your computer or the Web site for the motherboard for information about how to do this.

Joseph
17-12-06, 02:29
the fan is screwed into the heatsink from the looks of it

nevermind I'm going to end up ripping the heat sink off while unscrewing itIn that case, you should remove the cooling paste as well and renew it. If you have never done this, don't do it.

First try the other options, you have been given many now. :)

katmandoo
17-12-06, 02:33
So, am I able to leave the nvidia card in because I can't connect my monitor on my dell computer to it through the vga, I can only do that using s video and the nvidia card is the only thing with it.

Should I take a picture of my computer so you can see if there is anything phisically wrong with it?
and you said earlier about the power supply not able to supply enought power or something similar to that, do you think I should change the voltage setting on the back of it?

abraham
17-12-06, 04:20
it might be the ram stuffing up for your pc,freezing,restarting ect

my old p1 when i gave it extra 32mb ram it kept on freezing and restarting and then i took out the 32mb ram and ran fine under xp,god it took so long to load.that was back in 2002.

katmandoo
17-12-06, 11:54
yea but if i remove the ram then i will only have like 126 mb of ram which is horrible, and I can't fit any more into the computer, i'm in the process of reinstalling it again so if it installs this time then it was the cpu being too hot

katmandoo
17-12-06, 12:28
i just switched drives again, i'm having more problems with the drive that i was using

katmandoo
17-12-06, 15:01
I am trying to use the Windows ME but it is still complaining and now it is mad that the drive is corrupt so I'm about to format it using the xp cd which I hope works.

I got windows ME installed so I may just have to use that hopeing that it still works and doesnt do anything wrong.

Joseph
18-12-06, 04:56
Katmandoo, have you tried this:

During the XP installation process, at the message 'Setup will now scan the hardware configuration of your computer", press F5. Select the correct computertype when you are asked. Select Standard-PC.

You are using it as a server, so ACPI HAL is not recommended. Make sure it is set as a standard pc.

katmandoo
18-12-06, 11:46
i tried doing that but nothing came up, also even with windows ME it doesn't do much good, the thing still restarts and freezes up.

Joseph
18-12-06, 16:28
Windows ME is :cen: , not recomendable. BUT two Operating Systems failing... then your problem is most likely having a hardware cause.

Failing harddiskdrives, or overheated CPU (try again with opened case, and a roomfan blowing on the inside?), ... i suggest you let the guy that built it for you check all the hardware.

katmandoo
18-12-06, 22:34
its either the hard drive or the cpu thats messed up is all i can think about.

katmandoo
22-12-06, 00:05
Sorry that I brought this thread back up again. But I managed to get windows xp reinstalled on my computer again and it had no problems getting installed. But I have it where it is dual boot, so I have both windows xp professional and windows me, is there anything I should do to prevent problems. Like I said I'm sorry for bringing this thread back up. Also here is my dxdiag report from the computer.

------------------------------------------------------
Diagnostic tool developed for www.tombraiderforums.com (http://www.tombraiderforums.com)
Version : 1.91
Author : Simulation
Select All then Copy and paste the text in Notepad into a reply on the forum.
Operating System

Windows XP Detected
COMMAND.COM
COMMAND.COM has been installed
Autoexec.NT
@echo off
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3
Config.NT
dos=high, umb
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
files=40
Programs Currently Running
Image Name PID Session Name Session# Mem Usage
========================= ====== ================ ======== ============
System Idle Process 0 Console 0 20 K
System 4 Console 0 216 K
smss.exe 408 Console 0 348 K
csrss.exe 464 Console 0 2,796 K
winlogon.exe 488 Console 0 5,580 K
services.exe 532 Console 0 2,448 K
lsass.exe 544 Console 0 1,376 K
svchost.exe 724 Console 0 3,240 K
svchost.exe 776 Console 0 16,320 K
svchost.exe 952 Console 0 2,612 K
svchost.exe 1020 Console 0 3,232 K
spoolsv.exe 1132 Console 0 3,652 K
explorer.exe 1732 Console 0 13,144 K
msiexec.exe 236 Console 0 4,300 K
msmsgs.exe 440 Console 0 1,528 K
IEXPLORE.EXE 444 Console 0 15,896 K
wmiprvse.exe 1160 Console 0 4,072 K
diagnose.exe 1652 Console 0 2,788 K
ns53.tmp 1568 Console 0 684 K
cmd.exe 1556 Console 0 980 K
tasklist.exe 592 Console 0 2,504 K

Tomb Raider Game Setup Information

DirectX Diagnostics Report

Joseph
22-12-06, 02:47
Something has not gone right, as you can see. No diagnostics (apart from the processes running)....

katmandoo
22-12-06, 02:55
oh the direct x things, I ran this tool about 10 minutes after installation of windows xp without anything installed

Joseph
22-12-06, 02:59
That is no reason to show up nothing!

katmandoo
22-12-06, 03:06
I'll try again, I might have missed some of the code but I'll edit it into this post when I do it again. Oh and I had it in vga mode because I hadn't installed the drivers for my card yet but they are installed now.

Diagnostic tool developed for www.tombraiderforums.com (http://www.tombraiderforums.com)
Version : 1.91
Author : Simulation
Select All then Copy and paste the text in Notepad into a reply on the forum.
Operating System

Windows XP Detected
COMMAND.COM
COMMAND.COM has been installed
Autoexec.NT
@echo off
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3
Config.NT
dos=high, umb
device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
files=40
Programs Currently Running
Image Name PID Session Name Session# Mem Usage
========================= ====== ================ ======== ============
System Idle Process 0 Console 0 20 K
System 4 Console 0 220 K
smss.exe 416 Console 0 348 K
csrss.exe 464 Console 0 3,140 K
winlogon.exe 488 Console 0 4,604 K
services.exe 532 Console 0 2,624 K
lsass.exe 544 Console 0 1,404 K
svchost.exe 712 Console 0 3,260 K
svchost.exe 764 Console 0 14,264 K
svchost.exe 852 Console 0 2,616 K
svchost.exe 912 Console 0 3,116 K
spoolsv.exe 1132 Console 0 3,716 K
explorer.exe 1204 Console 0 11,036 K
rundll32.exe 1332 Console 0 1,984 K
msmsgs.exe 1340 Console 0 1,460 K
winmysqladmin.exe 1372 Console 0 3,940 K
abyssws.exe 1588 Console 0 1,760 K
mysqld-nt.exe 1632 Console 0 2,800 K
abyssws.exe 1640 Console 0 352 K
nvsvc32.exe 1652 Console 0 2,408 K
DynDNS.exe 172 Console 0 488 K
IEXPLORE.EXE 1440 Console 0 8,568 K
php.exe 1504 Console 0 3,844 K
diagnose.exe 508 Console 0 2,628 K
ns4.tmp 664 Console 0 688 K
cmd.exe 704 Console 0 984 K
tasklist.exe 740 Console 0 2,312 K
wmiprvse.exe 796 Console 0 3,580 K

Tomb Raider Game Setup Information

DirectX Diagnostics Report

there is still no directx installed for some reason
but I got something about directx by using dxdiag in "run"

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/21/2006, 22:10:06
Machine name: ALEX-UBB4GP7JQU
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: N0CPP012
BIOS: GATEWA - 20000717
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~734MHz
Memory: 382MB RAM
Page File: 137MB used, 784MB available
Primary File System: NTFS
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.01.2600.0000 32bit Unicode
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
Sound Tab 1: DirectSound test results: All tests were successful.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.
------------------
DirectX Components
------------------
ddraw.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 267264 bytes
ddrawex.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 24064 bytes
dxapi.sys: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 10496 bytes
d3d8.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 1181184 bytes
d3dim.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 436224 bytes
d3dim700.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 791040 bytes
d3dramp.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 590336 bytes
d3drm.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 350208 bytes
d3dxof.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 47616 bytes
d3dpmesh.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 34816 bytes
dplayx.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 212992 bytes
dpmodemx.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 20992 bytes
dpwsockx.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 50176 bytes
dplaysvr.exe: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 26112 bytes
dpnsvr.exe: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 18944 bytes
dpnet.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 156672 bytes
dpnlobby.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 38400 bytes
dpnwsock.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 61952 bytes
dpnaddr.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 26112 bytes
dpnmodem.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 62464 bytes
dpvoice.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 206336 bytes
dpvsetup.exe: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 59392 bytes
dpvvox.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 113152 bytes
dpvacm.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 24064 bytes
dpnhpast.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 30208 bytes
dpnhupnp.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 55808 bytes
dinput.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 151552 bytes
dinput8.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 168960 bytes
dimap.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 44032 bytes
diactfrm.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 394240 bytes
joy.cpl: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 65536 bytes
gcdef.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 76800 bytes
pid.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 31744 bytes
dsound.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 338944 bytes
dsound3d.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 1293824 bytes
dswave.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 16896 bytes
dsdmo.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 165888 bytes
dsdmoprp.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 66560 bytes
dmusic.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 94720 bytes
dmband.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 26112 bytes
dmcompos.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 59904 bytes
dmime.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 172032 bytes
dmloader.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 31232 bytes
dmstyle.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 110080 bytes
dmsynth.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 99840 bytes
dmscript.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 77312 bytes
dx7vb.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 595456 bytes
dx8vb.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 1185792 bytes
mfc40.dll: 4.01.00.6140 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 924432 bytes
mfc42.dll: 6.00.8665.0000 English Beta Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 995383 bytes
wsock32.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 21504 bytes
amstream.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 63488 bytes
devenum.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 51712 bytes
dxmasf.dll: 6.04.09.1120 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 498205 bytes
mciqtz32.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 33280 bytes
mpg2splt.ax: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 126464 bytes
msdmo.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 11264 bytes
qasf.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 152576 bytes
qcap.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 184832 bytes
qdv.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 266752 bytes
qdvd.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 356352 bytes
qedit.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 511488 bytes
qedwipes.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 734208 bytes
quartz.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 1135616 bytes
strmdll.dll: 4.01.00.3925 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 246302 bytes
iac25_32.ax: 2.00.05.0053 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 199680 bytes
ir41_32.ax: 4.51.16.0003 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 848384 bytes
ir41_qc.dll: 4.30.62.0002 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 120320 bytes
ir41_qcx.dll: 4.30.64.0001 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 338432 bytes
ir50_32.dll: 5.2562.15.0055 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 755200 bytes
ir50_qc.dll: 5.00.63.0048 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 200192 bytes
ir50_qcx.dll: 5.00.64.0048 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 183808 bytes
ivfsrc.ax: 5.10.02.0051 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 154624 bytes
mswebdvd.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 243712 bytes
msdvdopt.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 74240 bytes
ks.sys: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 134144 bytes
ksproxy.ax: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/17/2001 16:37:04 117248 bytes
ksuser.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/17/2001 16:36:18 4096 bytes
stream.sys: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 42752 bytes
mspclock.sys: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/17/2001 07:48:42 5120 bytes
mspqm.sys: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/17/2001 07:48:46 4608 bytes
mskssrv.sys: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/17/2001 07:48:48 6400 bytes
swenum.sys: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 3840 bytes
msvidctl.dll: 6.04.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 979968 bytes
vbisurf.ax: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 27136 bytes
msyuv.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 16384 bytes
wstdecod.dll: 5.01.2600.0000 English Final Retail 8/23/2001 14:00:00 46080 bytes
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 4000
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0185&SUBSYS_201F1682&REV_C1
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.10.9371 (English)
DDI Version: Unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 10/22/2006 12:22:00, 4527488 bytes
Driver Signed: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD:
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 10/22/2006 12:22:00, 3994624 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-42C5-11CF-A951-150060C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0185
SubSys ID: 0x201F1682
Revision ID: 0x00C1
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D7 Test Result:
D3D8 Test Result:
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Intel(r) Integrated Audio
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2415&SUBSYS_0012107B&REV_02
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ac97intc.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.00.3523 (English)
Driver Signed: Yes
Date and Size: 8/17/2001 06:20:04, 96256 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Full
Sound Test Result: All tests were successful.
-----------
DirectMusic
-----------
DLS Path: D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\GM.DLS
Version: 1.00.16.0002
Ports:
Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port
Intel(r) Integrated Audio, Software (Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal
Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Music Test Result:
------------------
DirectShow Filters
------------------
DirectShow Filters:
WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
WMVideo 8 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
MSScreen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,,
Full Screen Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,6.04.2600.0000
AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Indeo® video 5.10 Compression Filter,0x00200000,1,1,ir50_32.dll,5.2562.15.0055
Windows Media Audio Decoder,0x00800001,1,1,msadds32.ax,8.00.00.4477
AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.04.2600.0000
MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0 000
Indeo® video 5.10 Decompression Filter,0x00640000,1,1,ir50_32.dll,5.2562.15.0055
Microsoft Screen Video Decompressor,0x00800000,1,1,msscds32.ax,8.00.00.44 77
MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder,0x00810000,1,1,l3codecx.ax,1.05.00.0050
MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.04.2600.0000
ACELP.net Sipro Lab Audio Decoder,0x00800001,1,1,acelpdec.ax,1.04.00.0000
Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
File Source (Netshow URL),0x00400000,0,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Windows Media Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,wmvds32.ax,8.00.00.4477
Windows Media Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,wmv8ds32.ax,8.00.00.4000
Windows Media Multiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASX file Parser,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASX v.2 file Parser,0x00600000,1,0,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
NSC file Parser,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Windows Media source filter,0x00600000,0,2,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
WST Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,wstdecod.dll,5.01.2600.0000
Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,6.04.2600.0000
VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,5.01.2600.0000
Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Decompressor,0x00800000,1,1,mpg4ds32.ax,8.00.00.44 77
File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,2,qdvd.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Overlay Mixer2,0x00400000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.04.2600.0000
AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
.RAM file Parser,0x00600000,1,0,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
G.711 Codec,0x00200000,1,1,g711codc.ax,5.01.2600.0000
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.04.2600 .0000
DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Indeo® audio software,0x00500000,1,1,iac25_32.ax,2.00.05.0053
Windows Media Update Filter,0x00400000,1,0,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASF DIB Handler,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASF ACM Handler,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASF ICM Handler,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASF URL Handler,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASF JPEG Handler,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASF DJPEG Handler,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
ASF embedded stuff Handler,0x00600000,1,1,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
WIA Stream Snapshot Filter,0x00200000,1,1,wiasf.ax,1.00.00.0000
SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.04.2600.0 000
Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.04.2600.0000
IVF source filter,0x00600000,0,1,ivfsrc.ax,5.10.02.0051
WMP CD Filter,0x00600000,0,1,wmpcd.dll,8.00.00.4477
Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,qdvd.dll,6.04.2600.0000
AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0 000
AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
QuickTime Movie Parser,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Lyric Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
XML Playlist,0x00400000,1,0,dxmasf.dll,6.04.09.1120
AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Windows Media Pad VU Data Grabber,0x00600000,1,0,wmmfilt.dll,1.01.2427.0000
Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
QT Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0 000
ShotBoundaryDet,0x00200000,1,1,wmmfilt.dll,1.01.24 27.0000
MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Indeo® video 4.4 Decompression Filter,0x00640000,1,1,ir41_32.ax,4.51.16.0003
Indeo® video 4.4 Compression Filter,0x00200000,1,1,ir41_32.ax,4.51.16.0003
WDM Streaming Data Transforms:
Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.0000
Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.00 00
Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthesizer,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.00 00
Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.00 00
Video Compressors:
WMVideo Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
MSScreen encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Indeo® video 5.10 Compression Filter,0x00100000,1,1,ir50_32.dll,5.2562.15.0055
MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.000 0
Cinepak Codec by Radius,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Intel 4:2:0 Video V2.50,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Intel Indeo(R) Video R3.2,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Intel Indeo® Video 4.5,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Indeo® video 5.10,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Intel IYUV codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Microsoft H.261 Video Codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Microsoft H.263 Video Codec,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Audio Compressors:
WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,,
IAC2,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
ACELP.net,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM),0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600 .0000
Windows Media Audio V1,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Windows Media Audio V2,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Microsoft G.723.1,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Audio Capture Sources:
Intel(r) Integrated Audio,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Midi Renderers:
Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
WDM Streaming Capture Devices:
Intel(r) Integrated Audio,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.0000
WDM Streaming Rendering Devices:
Intel(r) Integrated Audio,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.0000
WDM Streaming Mixer Devices:
Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer,0x00200000,2,2,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.0000
Audio Renderers:
Intel(r) Integrated Audio,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
DirectSound: Intel(r) Integrated Audio,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.04.2600.0000
WDM Streaming System Devices:
Intel(r) Integrated Audio,0x00200000,12,3,ksproxy.ax,5.01.2600.0000
-------------
Input Devices
-------------
Device Name: USB Human Interface Device
Provider: (Standard system devices)
Hardware ID: USB\Vid_0443&Pid_002e&Rev_0100&MI_00
Port Name: USB Composite Device
Port Provider: (Standard USB Host Controller)
Port ID: USB\Vid_0443&Pid_002e&Rev_0100
Port Status: 0
Hardware ID: USB\Vid_0443&Pid_002e&Rev_0100&MI_01
Hardware ID: USB\Vid_045e&Pid_0053&Rev_0300
Port Name: Generic USB Hub
Port Provider: (Generic USB Hub)
Port ID: USB\Vid_0443&Pid_002f&Rev_0100
Poll w/ Interrupt: No
-------------
Input Drivers
-------------
----------------------------
DirectPlay Service Providers
Internet TCP/IP Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
IPX Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
Modem Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
Serial Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnmodem.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnmodem.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnwsock.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider - Registry: OK, File: dpnwsock.dll (5.01.2600.0000)
DirectPlay Test Result:
-------------------------
DirectPlay Lobbyable Apps

Joseph
22-12-06, 03:20
You haven't installed SP2 yet. Please do that first....

and install DirectX9.0c (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en) .

Have you installed the chipsetdrivers?

katmandoo
22-12-06, 03:24
are you talking about the nvidia card when you say "chipset drivers" and I'll install sp2 tomorrow because it is getting late and the computer disabled my mouse and keyboard just now.

Joseph
22-12-06, 03:28
No not the nvidia card, but the chipset drivers for your motherboard.

katmandoo
22-12-06, 03:29
oh, and what do you mean by the drivers on the motherboard, if you mean the vga thing built into the motherboard, it has been installed when the os was installed but other than that the only drivers I have installed are the Nvidia card and my network card driver for windows me, and I have the dxdiag from windows me if that will help with anything else.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/21/2006, 22:27:14
Machine name: Server
Operating System: Microsoft Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Intel Pentium III, 733MHz
Memory: 382MB RAM
Page File: 42MB used, 1623MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 7.1 (4.07.01.3000)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 4.07.01.3000
------------------
DirectX Components
------------------
ddraw.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 344064 bytes
ddraw16.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 28496 bytes
ddrawex.dll: 4.87.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 36864 bytes
ddraw.vxd: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 30469 bytes
ddhelp.exe: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 46352 bytes
dxapi.sys: 4.87.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 2416 bytes
d3dim.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 638976 bytes
d3dim700.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 688128 bytes
d3dref.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 155648 bytes
d3dramp.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 606208 bytes
d3drm.dll: 4.06.02.0436 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 446464 bytes
d3dxof.dll: 4.06.02.0436 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 118784 bytes
d3dpmesh.dll: 4.06.02.0436 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 102400 bytes
dplayx.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 242960 bytes
dpmodemx.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 34576 bytes
dpwsockx.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 64272 bytes
dplaysvr.exe: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 38160 bytes
dsound.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 552720 bytes
dsound3d.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 1331984 bytes
dsound.vxd: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 56259 bytes
dinput.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 144656 bytes
dinput.vxd: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 10874 bytes
joyhid.vxd: 4.87.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 12107 bytes
joy.cpl: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 250128 bytes
gcdef.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 255760 bytes
gchand.dll: 4.05.01.1998 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 98304 bytes
pid.dll: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 38160 bytes
gameenum.sys: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 10608 bytes
hidgame.sys: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 8912 bytes
dmusic.dll: 4.07.00.0705 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 81920 bytes
dmusic16.dll: 4.07.00.0701 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 11488 bytes
dmusic32.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 28672 bytes
dmband.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 40960 bytes
dmcompos.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 61440 bytes
dmime.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 90112 bytes
dmloader.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 36864 bytes
dmstyle.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 90112 bytes
dmsynth.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 65536 bytes
dx7vb.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 614400 bytes
-------------------
DirectX Media Files
-------------------
actmovie.exe: 6.01.05.0130 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 36864 bytes
amstream.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 74512 bytes
danim.dll: 6.01.09.0727 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 1220608 bytes
devenum.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 54032 bytes
dxmasf.dll: 6.04.07.1112 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 507904 bytes
dxtmsft.dll: 6.02.4134.0100 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 442368 bytes
dxtmsft3.dll: 6.01.05.0124 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 552960 bytes
dxtrans.dll: 6.02.4134.0100 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 221184 bytes
lmrt.dll: 6.01.09.0727 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 425984 bytes
lmrtrend.dll: 6.01.05.0124 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 49152 bytes
mciqtz.drv: 4.00.96.0729 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 11776 bytes
mciqtz32.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 46352 bytes
mpg2splt.ax: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 63760 bytes
mplayer2.exe: 6.04.07.1112 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 12288 bytes
msdxm.ocx: 6.04.07.1112 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 844048 bytes
qcap.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 182544 bytes
qcut.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 200464 bytes
qdv.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 225552 bytes
qdvd.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 360720 bytes
quartz.dll: 6.02.11.0608 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 1011984 bytes
quartz.vxd: 4.00.00.0501 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 5672 bytes
strmdll.dll: 4.01.00.3857 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 252736 bytes
vidx16.dll: 0.00.00.0000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 10240 bytes
iac25_32.ax: 2.00.05.0050 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 198656 bytes
ir41_32.ax: 4.31.16.0002 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 857600 bytes
ir41_qc.dll: 0.00.00.0000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 135168 bytes
ir41_qcx.dll: 0.00.00.0000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 352256 bytes
ir50_32.dll: 5.1026.15.0041 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 753664 bytes
ir50_qc.dll: 5.00.63.0038 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 212992 bytes
ir50_qcx.dll: 5.00.64.0038 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 196608 bytes
ivfsrc.ax: 5.03.02.0038 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 139264 bytes
tm20dec.ax: 2.00.06.0006 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 397312 bytes
atl.dll: 3.00.8449.0000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 73785 bytes
comcat.dll: 5.00.1601.0001 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 16384 bytes
msvcrt.dll: 6.01.8637.0000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 290869 bytes
oleaut32.dll: 2.40.4515.0000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 614672 bytes
olepro32.dll: 5.00.4515.0000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 164112 bytes
urlmon.dll: 5.50.4134.0100 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 471040 bytes
wininet.dll: 5.50.4134.0100 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 495616 bytes
---------------
DirectX Drivers
---------------
framebuf.dll: 4.10.00.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 24576 bytes Certified
framebuf.drv: 4.10.00.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 22192 bytes Certified
msanalog.vxd: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 12216 bytes Certified
msjstick.drv: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 2352 bytes Certified
supervga.drv: 4.00.00.0950 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 52320 bytes Certified
tsd32.dll: 1.03.03.0007 Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 32768 bytes Certified
vga.drv: 4.90.00.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 52080 bytes Certified
vjoyd.vxd: 4.07.01.3000 English Final Retail 6/8/2000 17:00:00 33873 bytes Certified
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0185&SUBSYS_201F1682&REV_C1\18F000
Display Memory: 63.5 MB
Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (optimal refresh rate)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: nvdisp.drv
Driver Version: 4.14.10.8198 (English)
DDI Version: 7 (or higher)
Driver Date/Size: 12/10/2005 03:06:00, 131712 bytes
Driver Certified: No
VDD: *vdd
Mini VDD: nvmini.vxd
DDraw Test Result:
D3D Test Result:
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0185&SUBSYS_201F1682&REV_C1\18F000
Display Memory: 0.5 MB
Current Mode: (optimal refresh rate)
Monitor:
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: nvdisp.drv
Driver Version: 4.14.10.8198 (English)
DDI Version: Unknown
Driver Date/Size: 12/10/2005 03:06:00, 131712 bytes
Driver Certified: No
VDD: *vdd
Mini VDD: nvmini.vxd
DDraw Test Result:
D3D Test Result:

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: AC'97 Sound Card
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2415&SUBSYS_0012107B&REV_02\BUS_00&DEV_1F&FUNC_05
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ichaud.sys
Driver Version: 4.90.2509.0000 (English)
Driver Certified: Yes
Date and Size: 6/8/2000 17:00:00, 36240 bytes
Other Files: ichaud.sys
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Full
Sound Test Result:

-----------
DirectMusic
-----------
DLS Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\gm.dls
Version: 1.00.16.0002
Ports:
Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port
Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthesizer, Software (Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal
MIDI Mapper, Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal
Music Test Result:
-------------
Input Devices
-------------
-------------
Input Drivers
-------------
DirectPlay Service Providers
Serial Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (4.07.01.3000)
Modem Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpmodemx.dll (4.07.01.3000)
Internet TCP/IP Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (4.07.01.3000)
IPX Connection For DirectPlay - Registry: OK, File: dpwsockx.dll (4.07.01.3000)
DirectPlay Test Result:
DirectPlay Lobbyable Apps
DirectPlay Voice Chat (Retrofit) - Registry: OK, File: dpvhelp.exe (4.07.01.3000)
------------------------------------
Inactive Display Entries in Registry
------------------------------------
Card name: Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller
Driver: i81xdw9x.drv
----------------------------------
Inactive Sound Entries in Registry
----------------------------------
None

Joseph
22-12-06, 03:30
Windows ME?! You are on XP. Don't mix these please!

Or else, download and install Everest Home (http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/everesthome200.zip)to determine your motherboard/chipset in order to search for the drivers on their download site.

katmandoo
22-12-06, 03:34
I have both Windows ME and Windows XP on my computer that I have been working on trying to fix. The first dxdiag i posted was from windows xp the one I posted 2 posts above was windows me.

Joseph
22-12-06, 03:37
Yes i am aware of that. So?

katmandoo
22-12-06, 03:39
I was just making sure you understood that so there wasn't confusion and I can't find the updates on intel for the chipset driver I have. It is Intel Whitney according to Everest

Joseph
22-12-06, 03:46
Please post the report. Make sure in the rootstructure on the left, you have Motherboard highlighted. In the right-side pane, right-click and select 'Copy All'. Paste that here.

Joseph
22-12-06, 03:53
You have dual boot you say? In ME as well as in XP, no drive information is showing! Did you maybe install them both on the same partition or what?

Joseph
22-12-06, 03:58
Dual boot:
On a completely formatted drive,
-first install Windows ME. It will be on C:\ This is where it belongs.
-Then create a new partition using Partition Magic (http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=sp&pvid=pm80)or use FDISK (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255867/en-us)
-Install XP on the second partition.

katmandoo
22-12-06, 11:19
I didn't install them on the same partion, I installe them on separate drives, but when windows starts up it gives me

Windows XP Professional
Windows Milennium Edition

So isnt that dual boot?

katmandoo
22-12-06, 11:26
--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------
Version EVEREST v2.00.335
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer ALEX-UBB4GP7JQU
Generator Administrator
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2006-12-22
Time 06:23

--------[ CPU ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Properties:
CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE, 733 MHz (5.5 x 133)
CPU Alias Coppermine, CuMine, A80526
CPU Stepping cB0
Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE
Original Clock 733 MHz
L1 Code Cache 16 KB
L1 Data Cache 16 KB
L2 Cache 256 KB (On-Die, ATC, Full-Speed)
CPU Physical Info:
Package Type 370 Pin FC-PGA
Package Size 4.95 cm x 4.95 cm
Transistors 28.1 million
Process Technology 6M, 0.18 um, CMOS
Die Size 104 mm2
Core Voltage 1.60 / 1.65 V
I/O Voltage 3.3 V
Typical Power 11 - 25 W (depending on clock speed)
Maximum Power 16.0 - 37.5 W (depending on clock speed)
CPU Manufacturer:
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/browse/processor.htm
CPU Utilization:
CPU #1 100 %

--------[ CPUID ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPUID Properties:
CPUID Manufacturer GenuineIntel
CPUID Revision 00000683h
IA Brand ID 02h (Intel Pentium III)
Platform ID 05h (Socket 370)
IA CPU Serial Number Unknown
Microcode Update Revision 14
HTT / CMP Units 0 / 0
Instruction Set:
64-bit x86 Extension (AMD64, EM64T) Not Supported
Alternate Instruction Set Not Supported
AMD 3DNow! Not Supported
AMD 3DNow! Professional Not Supported
AMD Enhanced 3DNow! Not Supported
AMD Extended MMX Not Supported
Cyrix Extended MMX Not Supported
IA-64 Not Supported
IA MMX Supported
IA SSE Supported
IA SSE 2 Not Supported
IA SSE 3 Not Supported
CLFLUSH Instruction Not Supported
CMPXCHG8B Instruction Supported
CMPXCHG16B Instruction Not Supported
Conditional Move Instruction Supported
FEMMS Instruction Not Supported
MONITOR / MWAIT Instruction Not Supported
RDTSCP Instruction Not Supported
SYSCALL / SYSRET Instruction Not Supported
SYSENTER / SYSEXIT Instruction Supported
Security Features:
Advanced Cryptography Engine (ACE) Not Supported
Data Execution Prevention (DEP, NX, EDB) Not Supported
Hardware Random Number Generator (RNG) Not Supported
Montgomery Multiplier & Hash Engine Not Supported
Processor Serial Number (PSN) Not Supported
Power Management Features:
Automatic Clock Control Not Supported
Enhanced Halt State (C1E) Not Supported
Enhanced SpeedStep Technology (EIST, ESS) Not Supported
Frequency ID Control Not Supported
LongRun Not Supported
LongRun Table Interface Not Supported
PowerSaver 1.0 Not Supported
PowerSaver 2.0 Not Supported
PowerSaver 3.0 Not Supported
Processor Duty Cycle Control Not Supported
Software Thermal Control Not Supported
Temperature Sensing Diode Not Supported
Thermal Monitor 1 Not Supported
Thermal Monitor 2 Not Supported
Thermal Monitoring Not Supported
Thermal Trip Not Supported
Voltage ID Control Not Supported
CPUID Features:
36-bit Page Size Extension Supported
CPL Qualified Debug Store Not Supported
Debug Trace Store Not Supported
Debugging Extension Supported
Fast Save & Restore Supported
Hyper-Threading Technology Not Supported
L1 Context ID Not Supported
Local APIC On Chip Not Supported
Machine-Check Architecture Supported
Machine-Check Exception Supported
Memory Type Range Registers Supported
Model Specific Registers Supported
Page Attribute Table Supported
Page Global Extension Supported
Page Size Extension Supported
Pending Break Event Not Supported
Physical Address Extension Supported
Self-Snoop Not Supported
Time Stamp Counter Supported
Virtual Machine Extensions Not Supported
Virtual Mode Extension Supported
CPUID Registers (CPU #1):
CPUID 00000000 00000002-756E6547-6C65746E-49656E69
CPUID 00000001 00000683-00000002-00000000-0383F9FF
CPUID 00000002 03020101-00000000-00000000-0C040882
MSR Registers:
MSR 00000017 2152-0000-0000-0000
MSR 0000002A 0000-0000-C504-0000
MSR 0000002C 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR 0000011E 0000-0000-0074-27E1
MSR C0000087 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR C0010015 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR 0000010A 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR C0010042 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR 000000CD 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR 0000008B 0000-0014-0000-0000

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-0100-009999-00101111-071700-WHITNEY$0AAVIP01_07.00.XX
Motherboard Name Unknown
Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz
Effective Clock 133 MHz
Bandwidth 1066 MB/s
Chipset Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel Hub Interface
Bus Width 8-bit

--------[ Memory ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Physical Memory:
Total 382 MB
Used 133 MB
Free 248 MB
Utilization 35 %
Swap Space:
Total 921 MB
Used 121 MB
Free 800 MB
Utilization 13 %
Virtual Memory:
Total 1304 MB
Used 255 MB
Free 1048 MB
Utilization 20 %
Physical Address Extension (PAE):
Supported by Operating System Yes
Supported by CPU Yes
Active No
Problems & Suggestions:
Suggestion Install more system memory to improve applications performance.

--------[ SPD ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ DIMM1: Hyundai 7V631601BTFG-75 ]
Memory Module Properties:
Module Name Hyundai 7V631601BTFG-75
Serial Number D57DC00Bh
Module Size 128 MB (2 rows, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type SDRAM
Memory Speed PC133 (133 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage LVTTL
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Normal (15.625 us), Self-Refresh
Memory Timings:
@ 133 MHz 3.0-3-3-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
@ 100 MHz 2.0-2-2-5 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
Memory Module Features:
Early RAS# Precharge Not Supported
Auto-Precharge Supported
Precharge All Supported
Write1/Read Burst Supported
Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported
Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Differential Clock Input Not Supported
Redundant Row Address Not Supported
Memory Module Manufacturer:
Company Name Hynix Semiconductor Inc.
Product Information http://www.hynix.com/eng/02_products/01_dram/index.jsp
[ DIMM2: 256 MB PC133 SDRAM ]
Memory Module Properties:
Serial Number None
Module Size 256 MB (2 rows, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type SDRAM
Memory Speed PC133 (133 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage LVTTL
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Normal (15.625 us), Self-Refresh
Memory Timings:
@ 133 MHz 3.0-3-3-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
Memory Module Features:
Early RAS# Precharge Not Supported
Auto-Precharge Supported
Precharge All Supported
Write1/Read Burst Supported
Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported
Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Differential Clock Input Not Supported
Redundant Row Address Not Supported

--------[ Chipset ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ North Bridge: Intel Whitney i810E ]
North Bridge Properties:
North Bridge Intel Whitney i810E
Revision 03
Package Type 421 Pin BGA
Package Size 3.1 cm x 3.1 cm
Core Voltage 1.8 V
In-Order Queue Depth 4
Memory Timings:
CAS Latency (CL) 3T
RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 2T
RAS Precharge (tRP) 2T
RAS Active Time (tRAS) 5T
Row Cycle Time (tRC) 7T
Memory Slots:
DRAM Slot #1 128 MB (SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #2 256 MB (SDRAM)
Integrated Graphics Controller:
Graphics Controller Type Intel i752
Graphics Controller Status Enabled
Shared Memory Size 1 MB
Chipset Manufacturer:
Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/browse/chipsets.htm
Driver Download http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/index.htm
[ South Bridge: Intel 82801AA ICH ]
South Bridge Properties:
South Bridge Intel 82801AA ICH
Revision / Stepping 02 / B1
Package Type 241 Pin BGA
Package Size 2.3 cm x 2.3 cm
Core Voltage 3.3 V
AC'97 Audio Controller:
Audio Controller Type Intel 82801AA ICH
Codec Name Cirrus Logic CS4299
Codec ID 43525933h
S/PDIF Output Not Supported
Chipset Manufacturer:
Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/browse/chipsets.htm
Driver Download http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/index.htm

--------[ BIOS ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIOS Properties:
BIOS Type AMI
System BIOS Date 07/17/00
Video BIOS Date 11/18/03
BIOS Manufacturer:
Company Name American Megatrends Inc.
Product Information http://www.ami.com/amibios
BIOS Upgrades http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?refererid=40
Problems & Suggestions:
Suggestion Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade? Contact eSupport Today!
Suggestion System BIOS is more than 2 years old. Update it if necessary.
Suggestion Video BIOS is more than 2 years old. Update it if necessary.

--------[ Debug - PCI ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B00 D00 F00: Intel 82810E GMCH - DRAM Controller

Offset 00: 86 80 24 71 06 00 80 20 03 00 00 06 00 00 00 00
Offset 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 40: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 50: 28 71 FC 2B 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 60: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 70: CC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 80: C6 78 1D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 90: 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset A0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset B0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset C0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset D0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset E0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset F0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 01 00 00
B00 D01 F00: Intel 82810E GMCH - Graphics Controller

Offset 00: 86 80 25 71 04 00 B0 02 03 00 00 03 00 00 00 00
Offset 10: 08 00 00 F8 00 00 B8 FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7B 10 12 00
Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 DC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 09 01 00 00
Offset 50: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 70: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 80: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 90: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset D0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 21 00
Offset F0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B00 D1E F00: Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub (ICH) [B-1]

Offset 00: 86 80 18 24 07 01 80 00 02 00 04 06 00 00 01 00
Offset 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 20 D0 D0 80 22
Offset 20: 90 FC 90 FE 70 E4 70 F4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0B 00
Offset 40: 00 28 20 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 50: 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 70: 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 80: 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset A0: 10 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset F0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3A 04 00 00 00 00 00 00
B00 D1F F00: Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - PCI-LPC Bridge

Offset 00: 86 80 10 24 0F 00 80 02 02 00 01 06 00 00 80 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 40: 01 04 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 50: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 81 04 00 00 10 00 00 00
Offset 60: 89 0A 05 0B D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 90: FF FC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset A0: 00 02 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset D0: 02 21 00 00 02 0F 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset E0: 10 00 00 80 00 00 AF 37 33 22 11 00 00 00 00 00
B00 D1F F01: Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - IDE Controller

Offset 00: 86 80 11 24 05 00 80 02 02 80 01 01 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: A1 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 86 80 11 24
Offset 40: 77 E3 33 E3 BB 00 00 00 07 00 22 02 00 00 00 00
Offset 50: 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B00 D1F F02: Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - USB Controller

Offset 00: 86 80 12 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 81 EF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 86 80 12 24
Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0B 04 00 00
Offset 60: 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset C0: 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B00 D1F F03: Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - SMBus Controller

Offset 00: 86 80 13 24 01 00 80 02 02 00 05 0C 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: A1 EF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 86 80 13 24
Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 02 00 00
Offset 40: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B00 D1F F05: Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - AC'97 Audio Adapter

Offset 00: 86 80 15 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 01 04 00 00 00 00
Offset 10: 01 E4 00 00 01 EF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B00 D1F F06: Intel 82801AA I/O Controller Hub - AC'97 Modem

Offset 00: 86 80 16 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 07 00 00 00 00
Offset 10: 01 E8 00 00 01 EC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B01 D02 F00: Bridgecom Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter

Offset 00: 17 13 85 09 07 00 90 02 11 00 00 02 08 50 00 00
Offset 10: 01 D8 00 00 00 FC 9D FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 02 00 00 17 13 74 05
Offset 30: 01 00 9A FE C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 01 FF FF
Offset 80: 17 13 81 09 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset C0: 01 00 02 FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B01 D03 F00: nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 Video Adapter

Offset 00: DE 10 85 01 07 00 B0 02 C1 00 00 03 00 F8 00 00
Offset 10: 00 00 00 FD 08 00 00 E8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 82 16 1F 20
Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0B 01 05 01
Offset 40: 82 16 1F 20 02 00 30 00 17 02 00 1F 00 00 00 00
Offset 50: 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 CE D6 23 00 0F 00 00 00
Offset 60: 01 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

--------[ Debug - Video BIOS ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C000:0000 U.|.K7400.L.w.VIDEO ....<.b...IBM VGA Compatible........11/18/03
C000:0040 ....................... ......P........".........PMIDl.o.......
C000:0080 .....3...........NV..(.(|6 ..................T.P..L...<v<.C.C.C
C000:00C0 ..7..n...........(.`...0W..8o.o.o.o.p.p.o*."....................
C000:0100 .....(........n.n...........................(#..P2 end bmp...PCIR
C000:0140 ............|.......NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 VGA BIOS............
C000:0180 .....................................Version 4.18.20.36.04w...Co
C000:01C0 pyright (C) 1996-2003 NVIDIA Corp...............................
C000:0200 ....................NV18 Board - p119s0nz..............Chip Rev
C000:0240 A4....................1...`.&...6.;.p.....I...L.....>.a...R..le.
C000:0280 ..;.;.;...%...;.n...G.q.;...t...|...x.'.H.2.f`...8 o.............
C000:02C0 ...u..fa....f`3....fa....C.+....V.......u......... 8...t......2..
C000:0300 ...t..Q.......Y.Y.f..7....Ldf.#....f........u...c. f..7...f......
C000:0340 ..u...c.f..7...f+.........u.S..r[.1j.fVf.......cfPf%......cfXf^.
C000:0380 fSf..fVf.......cf%....f.....`f....cf^f[.fPf.......fX......f`...f
C000:03C0 ....`t.......f....f...h...sf.....f3.f..f......=cf. ....f.q.....cf

--------[ Debug - Unknown ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard 63-0100-009999-00101111-071700-WHITNEY$0AAVIP01_07.00.XX
Motherboard DMIMOBO: Gateway Brookings
Motherboard DMISYS: Gateway
Motherboard Unknown

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

Nerd321
24-01-07, 14:12
Yea, I'm having a problem during my setup, it will format the hard drive, then get to the setup(39 min remaining) then get down to about 15 min, then just freeze, everytime on multiple disks, multiple harddrives. Been using same xp for about 4 years, decided to reformat and now it won't work, bought new mobo/cpu/harddrive and still the same problem. You think it might be my ram or what? Any help is wanted. THanks.

Joseph
24-01-07, 15:21
Welcome to the forums, Nerd321!
So now you have a newly assembled mobo/cpu/harddrive with the old RAM, dvd player/burner/PSU, and cannot manage to complete an OS (operating system) installation?

Can you post in detail the specifications of the hardware you are having right now?

Nerd321
24-01-07, 15:35
uh yea, ECS mobo/ pentium D920 i believe, 2 Gigs ddr 400 ram, dvddrive/cdburner, sata 250 gig HD, geforce 7800GS

Joseph
24-01-07, 15:45
I see no detail. And i believeis not convincing either.

Have you ever assembled before?

Nerd321
25-01-07, 01:29
or just be an ass, I'm just looking for help bro. Yea i have, i 'assembled' the comp i was using before that was running xp fine. SOrry i don't know 'details'

Joseph
25-01-07, 01:37
or just be an assHmm?! :mad: Trying to help, but i would need more detail. SOrry i don't know 'details'If you'd know what you're doing you could have posted:
the exact motherboard model.
exact PSU
exact CPU
exact RAM brand/type
exact hdd band/type.