PDA

View Full Version : Favourite bands and a bit of useless info.....

Trigger_happy
14-12-06, 18:11
I was just wondering what peoples type of music they liked. Plus, the useless bit of info is that on the last every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the fight music is done by Muse. I found out when my Crazy spanish teacher played it after our lesson!

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-12-06, 18:19
I love talking about favorite bands! :D Well, lately, all I've been listening to is Alternative Rock, Indie and lots of House/Progressive/Dance music. I like SOME rap and hip hop, though. Some of my favorite bands at the moment are:

Goldfrapp, The Submarines, Telepopmusik, Starkillers, Junkie XL, The Engine Room, Coldplay, Death Cab For Cutie, Freezepop, Metric, Erin McKeown, Sander Kleinenberg, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aqualung, Bloc Party, Bond, The Bravery, etc... :D

Greenkey2
14-12-06, 18:22
I'm fairly broad in my musical tastes.

Anything classical gets my vote (especialy neo-classical like Karl Jenkins' work).

So does progressive rock (Yes, ELP, Genesis...) and classic rock (Queen etc) :tmb:

A little light jazz or spanish guitar doesn't go amiss either :D

Rickéh
14-12-06, 18:22
I don't have any favourite bands. i only listen to Pop, R&B some hiphop and some rock :)

Sofitegan
14-12-06, 18:29
on the last every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the fight music is done by Muse. I found out when my Crazy spanish teacher played it after our lesson!

OMG, really? damn, im gonna have to watch that episode agin!

as for music, i like mostly rockish/punkish/metalish stuff. my fave bands at the moment are Nirvana(surprise surprise lol) foo fighters, Lostprophets, REM, The beatles etc...

rika2
14-12-06, 18:33
thrash metal

fav bands:

Maiden
Slayer
TestAmenT
Megadeth
(old)Metallica
Darkthrone
Exodus
Kreator
Nuclear Assault
Blind Guardian

Trigger_happy
14-12-06, 18:38
from the bit i heard as we fled the classroom, its where Buffy gets stabed and then hits all the uber-vamps with the scythe. It came from the OST, i think....

I dont have a favourite band, i like a bit of everything: Muse, Kaiser chiefs, the Editors, Red hot chili peppers......

Natla'd
14-12-06, 19:29
By an amazing stroke of luck, my favourite band also happens to be the greatest band on earth. I speak, of course, of Bowling for Soup. :D

Lost Angel 21
14-12-06, 19:30
Favorite type: Rock

Favorite bands:
HIM
Rammstein
The 69 Eyes
The Rasmus
Apocalyptica
Cradle of Filth
Negative
E Nomine
AFI
Avenged Sevenfold
My Chemical Romance
(old) Metallica

Metaldud
14-12-06, 19:30
Like my username says...I'm a metalhead (sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on here but I know that isn't true, it just seems that way) and here are my favourite bands:
Metallica
Slipknot
Judas Priest
Amon Amarth
Oomph!
L'ame Immortelle
Lacuna Coil
ACDC
Pink Floyd
Eisbrecher
Rammstein
Shihad
Cradle of Filth
Cryptopsy
Irene Grandi
Lordi
Grinspoon
Subsonica
Athena
Mudvayne
I know some of these aren't metal bands, but I do listen to a lot of ther brands of rock, I will even listen to jazz, blues and classical to help relax, but I would NEVER EVER be caught dead listening to country western or prepackaged pop that only gullible 11 year old girls like.

Lenochka
14-12-06, 19:38
I like all types of music... I REALLY like Dance music with a early 90's feel :D

t.A.T.u.
Tema
Nichya
Pussycat Dolls
Evanescence
No Doubt
See-Saw
Ace Of Base

Cord_Croft
14-12-06, 19:43
Chicane, Katie Melua, Linkin Park, and a bit of dance.

ace_85
14-12-06, 20:20
My favourite bands/artists are mostly Indie or Rock, or a combination of the two, although I'll usually listen to pretty much anything. I also like some singer/songwriter stuff too, as long as it steers clear from being too cheesy :D

At the moment, I'm listening to Counting Crows, Carina Round, Delays, Bloc Party, Kings Of Leon, Giant Drag, Fiona Apple, Jeff Buckley, Regina Spektor, Muse, Stereophonics, We Are Scientists... a whole bunch of stuff basically :D

erosan
14-12-06, 20:22
hip hop, trance, rock, pop = <3

linkin park, kill hannah, boys like girls, tiesto , evanescence, fort minor , iio , no doubt , simple plan, swollen members, akon and alot lot more

Hybrid Soldier
14-12-06, 20:28
hip hop, trance, rock, pop = <3

linkin park, kill hannah, boys like girls, tiesto , evanescence, fort minor , iio , no doubt , simple plan, swollen members, akon and alot lot more

Can't stand them. I think they're too whiney.

- Linkin Park
- Slipknot
- Children of Bodom
- Disturbed
- Fort Minor
- Three Days Grace
- NickelBack
- Hinder
- Breaking Benjamin
- Evanescence
- Stone Sour
- Cradle of Filth
- Trapt
- Adema

And others.

Paul H
14-12-06, 20:33
Judas Priest
Yngwie Malmsteen
Steve Vai
Eddie Van Halen
Michael Angelo Batio
Enya

viper456
14-12-06, 22:37
not a band but i love dirty harry :) mmm

http://www.dirtyharryrocks.com

Kamrusepas
14-12-06, 22:46
Alrighty, let's start making the list then...

Number one is absolutely Insomnium. Other favorites include...
Dimmu Borgir, Deathstars, Lamb of God, Dark Tranquillity, Rammstein, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Sentenced, Diablo, Barathrum [getting a bit tired of it though], Moonspell, 100 Demons, Thyrane, Thine Eyes Bleed, Enslavement of Beauty, Shade Empire, Viikate, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kataklysm, Sirenia, Godsmack, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Stabbing Westward, Katatonia, Wintersun, The Duskfall, Gothminister....

Yeah guess that's about the most important ones :)

viper456
14-12-06, 22:51

Dimmu Borgir, Deathstars, Lamb of God, Dark Tranquillity, Rammstein, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Sentenced, Diablo, Barathrum [getting a bit tired of it though], Moonspell, 100 Demons, Thyrane, Thine Eyes Bleed, Enslavement of Beauty, Shade Empire, Viikate, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kataklysm, Sirenia, Godsmack, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Stabbing Westward, Katatonia, Wintersun, The Duskfall, Gothminister....

cool list :)! :jmp:

Kam you missed off Mc Hammer... tut tut lol

Kamrusepas
14-12-06, 22:52
cool list :)! :jmp:

Umm, thanks. Didn't know you liked metal :)

Hybrid Soldier
14-12-06, 22:53

http://emoticons4u.com/cool/049.gif

viper456
14-12-06, 22:54
Umm, thanks. Didn't know you liked metal :)

im a complicated guuuy :) lol

Im not hugely into it but i like it . I listen to most genres.. i get bored easily :D

stereopathic
14-12-06, 22:55
i like electronic music. especially EBM, futurepop, trip-hop, trip-pop, synth-pop, electroclash, ambient, dark ambient, french house and madonna. i also really like post-punk and post-punk revival (i.e. joy division, she wants revenge and i love you but i've chosen darkness).

favorite band of all time is Front 242. Fave right now is Combichrist. I also really like Covenant (sweden), and even though she's really trendy right now, i've been into Goldfrapp since 2000. if you haven't heard her (which would shock the hell out of me) go listen right now. she's pretty accessable and immensely talented.

Angel666
14-12-06, 23:03
I love pretty much every type of music. Right now I'm going through an Elvis Costello period. That's what I'm listening to the most right now.

Legends
14-12-06, 23:35
I can listen to almost anything.
My favourite artist is Celine Dion.