PDA

View Full Version : Threw Punches Tonight

Andariel
15-12-06, 23:59
I'm ****ed off like hell right now and a little relieved. I made my way to the grocery store and some loud mouth started talking **** about me. This girl didn't know me in the least bit but she was talking at the top of her lungs like she was god with her group about my clothes saying I'm a satanist with my black hoodie and jeans, my height about I'm a midget (5'5"), and then burped in my face. It's night so not much going on. When she burped in my face that just pushed my final button. I immediately punched her really hard in the face then a few hard ones in her stomach. I think I really got her good. I got in my car real quick so her group wouldn't get me and got back to my apartment. I haven't met such a loud mouth in my life. She was someone who would be the polar opposite of a hermit and I'm close to a hermit. Anyway she really made me feel bad/disgusted but I'm glad I hurt her and got away with it.

jarhead
16-12-06, 00:02
I immediately punched the her really hard in the face then a few hard ones in her stomach. I think I really got her good. .

:vlol:

Good on ya

That should put her in her place, and if she thinks shes all it, wonder what she'll think after getting smacked in front of her 'group'

Andariel
16-12-06, 00:05
That girl and her group were a bunch of white girls acting like they're black. I mean it was very pathetic and she obviously didn't know who she was dealing with. lol

Lenochka
16-12-06, 00:07
Damn... good for you! Some rude people say **** about me also sometimes, Except they pick at me for being hispanic... i usually just scream something obscene in the hallways about them and its over ( " Insert chicks name Is a nasty herpes spreading whore! " :jmp:) I'm very happy you didnt let her get away with what she was saying... she certainly deserved what she got!

jarhead
That girl and her group were a bunch of white girls acting like they're black. I mean it was very pathetic and she obviously didn't know who she was dealing with. lol

Theres a kid in our year who is like that. Let me guess, they were obnoxious and couldnt keep their mouth shut, like the *****y type. Well this kid- ( hes 16 but acts like a 6 year old) seriously has it in for him. I take great pleasure that he'll git his cummupence worth

Geck-o-Lizard
Y'know, they're probably going to add "psycho" to their list of insults now.

You should've got her when she had no witnesses. ;)

jarhead
16-12-06, 00:09
Y'know, they're probably going to add "psycho" to their list of insults now.

You should've got her when she had no witnesses. ;)

But I have to admit, its much better knowing they've been intimidated with their friends watching. These people act as if they are it, so it adds to their pain even more

Geck-o-Lizard
16-12-06, 00:11
True. I know that sense of satisfaction. :whi:

Pipolinne
16-12-06, 00:11
What a really civilized way of solving the question!

Night Crawler
16-12-06, 00:13
That girl and her group were a bunch of white girls acting like they're black. I mean it was very pathetic and she obviously didn't know who she was dealing with. lolYeah, and you acted like a thug. Sometimes you just need to walk away. So she made a few comments and burped in your face, what you did was much worse.

tlr online
16-12-06, 00:15
Yeah, and you acted like a thug. Sometimes you just need to walk away. So she made a few comments and burped in your face, what you did was much worse.
I agree with this in principle, but I also know that certain factions of today's youth understand very little else other than a ser-lap.

However, as Pip says, violence is not good.

Andariel
16-12-06, 00:15
Yeah, and you acted like a thug. Sometimes you just need to walk away. So she made a few comments and burped in your face, what you did was much worse.
Well I could care less if someone thinks what I did was wrong or worse. I don't like people in general so whatever. Most bring it upon themselves. Anyway some advice: Be careful of the quiet ones. :p

tlr online
16-12-06, 00:17
I don't like people in general so whatever.

This seems a curious statement. Why do you feel that way about folk?

Scottlee
16-12-06, 00:17
Although I'm not a fan of fighting violence with violence, I think in this case you did okay. The cowards outnumbered you, and you stood up to them with a small punch that no doubt would have embarassed the antagonist no end. Good for you, Andurial.

Mr.Burns
16-12-06, 00:18

Agreed though with the way kids are acting these days, they may have decided to take their antagonism to the next level. Usually with bullies they give up if they can't antagonize their prey. Lately though, Someone walking away may get them angry enough to push the target even further. I still think walking away from the situation was the best solution. But at least you stood up for yourself.

EDIT: OK, tlr beat me to the point:p

Night Crawler
16-12-06, 00:19
Well I could care less This bugs me more than anything else in the word, it's couldn't care less. Caring less leaves room for you to care less! You see? ;)

tlr online
16-12-06, 00:21
Usually with bullies they give up if they can't antagonize their prey.

Or if they are humiliated, which is justice in my eyes. I had a close friend growing up who was picked on, and in the end she flipped out and took them on one day. She lost the fight, but they never touched her again.

Bullies are cowards. They look for easy prey.

Pipolinne
It seems you just needed a motive to hit someone,Andariel.

Of course you felt rage against her,that's natural,but why such a violent beating?!

*Pipolinne,Tlr ;)*

Night Crawler
Although I'm not a fan of fighting violence with violence, I think in this case you did okay. The cowards outnumbered you, and you stood up to them with a small punch that no doubt would have embarassed the antagonist no end. Good for you, Andurial.Yeah, this time it turned out in her favour, she was lucky, but you just never know how these things could end, I personally don't think it's worth the gamble. Her friends could have acted out, they could have been carrying a knife or anything. It's just not worth it.

Andariel
16-12-06, 00:25
Maybe next time she'll remember this incident before she puts somebody else down by using their insecurities. If not then oh well.

Scottlee
16-12-06, 00:27
Yeah, this time it turned out in her favour, she was lucky, but you just never know how these things could end, I personally don't think it's worth the gamble. Her friends could have acted out, they could have been carrying a knife or anything. It's just not worth it.

Sometimes you get beaten up even if you just walk away and do the opposite of what Andarial did. If you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, there isn't always a choice that can save you. Look at what happened to Lennon.

Night Crawler
16-12-06, 00:27
Maybe next time she'll remember this incident before she puts somebody else down by using their insecurities. If not then oh well.I think you should change your sig to: Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. ;)

Lenochka
16-12-06, 00:31
This bugs me more than anything else in the word, it's couldn't care less. Caring less leaves room for you to care less! You see? ;)

FINALLY! someone else who points this out!

Andariel
16-12-06, 00:37
What exactly does that mean?

viper456
16-12-06, 01:36
Andariel.. good for you seriously. I dont blame you for doing what you did. People like them deserve everything they get. The only way to make them stop is to full out stand up to them.

I did it the other day. I was with a friend waiting for another in Mcdonalds (not a place i really wanted to be but it was warm atleast) and i went to use the bathroom but the males and females were closed for cleaning ... so you had to use the disabled toilet.

I went in and locked the door and as soon as i reached the toilet the two idiots started banging on the door and laughing and telling me to hurry up. As a result the cleaner shouted at me as well thinking i was messing about and threatening to open the door if i didnt come out.

Well i went as slow as possible because im awkward like that .. and they were laughing at me when i went out but they expected me to jsut put my head down and walk away.. but i stoped infront of the toilet door and confronted them.. was quite amusing as they didnt know what to do.

Anyway. after some harsh words on my behalf i walked out into the main part of Mcdonalds and one of them shouted at me in retaliation (you know as if they were innocent)

"who the **** do you think your talking to ?!?!?!"

to which my reply at the top of my voice in the middle of mcdonalds was

"well i gave you more credit than that but it turns out your more ****ing stupid than i first thought! Im obviously talking to you and more to the point what the hell are you actually going to do about it!?"

to which they both backed down and walked away with their heads down :) was a great situation and i felt much better :)

*end of rant*

Ikas90
16-12-06, 01:40
Good on you :tmb: You make us proud :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
16-12-06, 02:04
Jesus, a complete stranger just started talking smack about you and burped in your freakin' face? What the hell. What an asshole.

Olvidarse
16-12-06, 02:42
That girl and her group were a bunch of white girls acting like they're black.

I empathize with your situation, but cannot agree with this racist statement.

Tomb-Raider
16-12-06, 02:57

Lol,

When im in this kind of situation, I always feel like saying that!

Scottlee
16-12-06, 03:47
If only all muggings and incidents of harassment ended like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqqzKmL8z4&mode=related&search=

Forwen
16-12-06, 03:59
That girl and her group were a bunch of white girls acting like they're black.
If I was black I'd feel smacked in the face harder than this lout. But maybe I just don't understand how metaphores work in the US.

ivannnnn
16-12-06, 04:46
:tmb:

CerebralAssassin
16-12-06, 04:52
well,honestly,I'm glad you stood up for yourself...but I think what you said about the blacks is very stereotypical...:rolleyes:

kewlkyle64
16-12-06, 05:15
Good for you! I know I'm only 11, but some wierd girl was talking wierd about me... So I socked her in the stomach and ran! Muhahahahaha!

interstellardave
16-12-06, 06:20
She didn't say the agressive actions were "black" behavior, just that the group was "acting black". I take that to mean they were taking on black mannerisms and the like... and from everything I've seen, groups of young whites and young blacks normally act quite differently from one another! When white people "act black" it usually comes off as inauthentic and, perhaps, a little offensive in itself!

Hopefully now no-one will call me a racist because I used the terms "black" and "white" too often in this post; it seems that's about all it takes these days to make someone feel uncomfortable and label something or someone as "racist". :rolleyes:

CerebralAssassin
16-12-06, 06:32
She didn't say the agressive actions were "black" behavior, just that the group was "acting black". I take that to mean they were taking on black mannerisms and the like... and from everything I've seen, groups of young whites and young blacks normally act quite differently from one another! When white people "act black" it usually comes off as inauthentic and, perhaps, a little offensive in itself!

Hopefully now no-one will call me a racist because I used the terms "black" and "white" too often in this post; it seems that's about all it takes these days to make someone feel uncomfortable and label something or someone as "racist". :rolleyes:

you a racist!!:rolleyes: :D

interstellardave
16-12-06, 06:43
you a racist!!:rolleyes: :D

I fully expected something like that with you hanging around! :p

Andariel
16-12-06, 07:00
Please let me rephrase from "black" to "ghetto". Ghetto is the operative word.

interstellardave
16-12-06, 07:07
Please let me rephrase from "black" to "ghetto". Ghetto is the operative word.

LOL, makes sense... Chris Rock could say that and it would be "yeah, he's right!" you'll say it and it's "racist". :p

Andariel
16-12-06, 07:14
LOL, makes sense... Chris Rock could say that and it would be "yeah, he's right!" you'll say it and it's "racist". :p
No because ghetto isn't a race. lmao It's a behavior. :p

Jacob x5
16-12-06, 10:08
If all else fails, whack 'em one. Yes, all this 'violence is wrong' stuff is mostly true, but people like that deserve it.

And about the 'acting black' thing, I would say you mean that the group themselves were trying to act like the stereotypical black "Look at me, I'm dead hard" gansta. Am I right? If not then I still know what you mean. It's true, unfortunately.

viper456
16-12-06, 11:44
there was nothing racist at all in her statement what so ever.

Jacob x5
16-12-06, 11:47
So far no-one has said there was (surprisingly).

viper456
16-12-06, 11:50
yes there was .. if not the word racist was used.

might of misread

but anyway people got the wrong end of the stick by the whole black behaviour thing. I knew what she ment.

Jacob x5
16-12-06, 12:37
If you mean CelebralAssassin, he was joking I believe. :)

scion05
16-12-06, 12:47
Well Done girly :)

That ***** probably wont bother with you again :)

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 13:14
Chavs?

Yer, you smack em good!

Join my campaign!
"SAVE THE UK, KILL A CHAV"

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 13:16
Well Done girly :)

That ***** probably wont bother with you again :)

I wouldn't say that, what these people do is try to find you, but bring people with them (called "their jews").

Try to be safe OK?:)

Ampersand
16-12-06, 13:24
Not the most diplomatic way of handling things, but good on you! :)

Janny
16-12-06, 13:24
Gotta hate those people that talk all sort of trash about others.
Sure, sure, violence is not the answer, but heck with it, if you don't teach them a lesson they'll come back and bother you again and again.
Good for you that you managed to get them off your back! :tmb:

viper456
16-12-06, 13:32
If you mean CelebralAssassin, he was joking I believe. :)

aah hokay :) lol

Sofitegan
16-12-06, 14:27
well maybe it wasn't the greatest way to deal w/ the situation, but i do appreciate that its sometimes the best thing to do.

Lavinder
16-12-06, 14:49
'Violence is not the answer' is easy to say, but when someone pushes your buttons and invades your personal space it comes as a sort of reflex, you punch them and instantly you wonder why on earth it happened.

I know exactly what type of girls your on about, even if you had walked away innocently, the way you did it would set them off. They would probably follow you, tripping you up or just blatantly ram in to you like a raging bull.

But on the other hand because she had already burped in your face she would already feel empowered enough to let you walk off in 'shame'.

I really don't understand why they have to start on normal people, if I walk out wearing anything at all 'greeboish' on one of my days i'm not feeling girly they will start at me shouting things like Goth!

Little do they know i've just come from a house listening to the likes of PCD, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and all that rot they live for. I hate stereotypes, don't even try and fit me in to one because I won't fit any of them because i'm a girl of variety.

Terminatorvs
16-12-06, 15:02
I'm ****ed off like hell right now and a little relieved. I made my way to the grocery store and some loud mouth started talking **** about me. This girl didn't know me in the least bit but she was talking at the top of her lungs like she was god with her group about my clothes saying I'm a satanist with my black hoodie and jeans, my height about I'm a midget (5'5"), and then burped in my face. It's night so not much going on. When she burped in my face that just pushed my final button. I immediately punched her really hard in the face then a few hard ones in her stomach. I think I really got her good. I got in my car real quick so her group wouldn't get me and got back to my apartment. I haven't met such a loud mouth in my life. She was someone who would be the polar opposite of a hermit and I'm close to a hermit. Anyway she really made me feel bad/disgusted but I'm glad I hurt her and got away with it.

Sometimes loudmouth's should be taught a lesson. You've done the right thing!

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 15:09
Usually I would say it's wasn't the smartest thing to do, but in this case I believe that you did the right thing.

Sometimes people really do need a good stomping to teach them a lesson. ;)

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 15:49
You need to be careful, if it was a large group of people (maybe 5 or 6) they are likely to tackle you again if you bump into them. The girl would feel weak in front of a large group of people and would feel the need to get revenge to "restore their reputation" in the group.

If it is about 2 or 3 other people, thent he relationship andf thir interaction amongst each other will be more personal, and the girl won't feel the need to get revenge to "restore her repution" as the other 2 or so would be more understanding.

Do you get what I mean?

You must understand that there is no dressing style that you could choose that would please everyone, you have to pick a style and wear it with pride, no matter what style you choose there is always going to be someone (or people) who won't accept it. It's difficult and frustrating. :)

illuminati30
16-12-06, 15:55
You should have walked away, and been the bigger person. Your actions where not the right ones, and you do not know that you got away with it. What you did is much worse than what she did.

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 15:59
You should have walked away, and been the bigger person. Your actions where not the right ones, and you do not know that you got away with it. What you did is much worse than what she did.

i have to disagreeith that. By doing what she did, she showed the girl that some people simply don't take crap.;)

illuminati30
16-12-06, 16:06
i have to disagreeith that. By doing what she did, she showed the girl that some people simply don't take crap.;)

You can not counteract a negative action with another negative action. A person who says or does hateful or hurtful things, we should feel compassion for. Why? Because this person is so out of harmony with the rest of the world, that they feel they have to behave like this. Hate only hurts the hater, and a negative reaction to a hateful action, will also hurt the person on the receiving end.

This girl obviously had a massive chip on her shoulder, and it has probably just got worse. She is probably just more anrgy, and removed from society than she was before, in that she will probably go looking for someone else to bash. The chip on her shoulder just got bigger.

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 16:09
I see your point.

The right was to walk away...

But it was a think-fast scenario so I can't say what you did wasn't right. As Lavinder said before, it's a natural reaction.

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 16:10
This girl obviously had a massive chip on her shoulder, and it has probably just got worse. She is probably just more anrgy, and removed from society than she was before, in that she will probably go looking for someone else to bash. The chip on her should just got bigger.

Doubtful as she got the crap beat out of her so it will teach her a much needed lesson so she will likely think twice about doing it again. ;)

I found that most people who are trouble makers really calm down after they have stomped on a little. :jmp:

Greenkey2
16-12-06, 16:12
You can not counteract a negative action with another negative action. A person who says or does hateful or hurtful things, we should feel compassion for. Why? Because this person is so out of harmony with the rest of the world, that they feel they have to behave like this. Hate only hurts the hater, and a negative reaction to a hateful action, will also hurt the person on the receiving end.

This girl obviously had a massive chip on her shoulder, and it has probably just got worse. She is probably just more anrgy, and removed from society than she was before, in that she will probably go looking for someone else to bash. The chip on her should just got bigger.

I have to agree. Tempting though throwing a punch may be (and even feel right when you're doing it) it rarely solves the root of the problem. This girl may have been a little dazed and humilated, but all it is likely to have achieved is for her to feel the need to attack again - stronger and nastier than before.

Remember Dumbledore's words: Sometimes we must make a choice between doing what is right, and what is easy ;)

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 18:52

^^^

Agreed.

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 18:56
She didn't act like a thug.

And burping in someones face is extreme disrespect, nobody should have to take that kind of grief. There were better ways to get around it, but it was a reflex reaction, which Im sure anyone who was intimidated like that would do.

viper456
16-12-06, 19:13
a thug lol. Because the idiots who were standing about outside a shop causing trouble and burping in peoples faces are just the highest social class of society

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 20:12
She didn't act like a thug.

And burping in someones face is extreme disrespect, nobody should have to take that kind of grief. There were better ways to get around it, but it was a reflex reaction, which Im sure anyone who was intimidated like that would do.

Umm, yeah. If you had a choice to just walk away rather than resorting to punching someone in the face. I'd say so.

Do you honestly think punching someone resolves anything at all? If that was to do anything it would be to **** of that person more.

Greenkey2
16-12-06, 20:23
A couple of years ago I was sat in my college library getting on with some work with friends at the end of the day.

A table away there was a group of younger, noisier and frankly thicker youths who were just out to cause trouble.

One of them, a girl, decided to 'get our attention' by flicking paper balls at us. When that didn't work she and her 'boyfriend' (I use the term loosley, not wanting to offend ushaved gorillas) started smoking.

I turned around in my seat and said, calmly but firmly, "would you cut that out? This is a library. Take your fag outside if you have to do that. "

At which point the 'boyfriend' (about six inches taller than me) got up, came over and breathed smoke in my face and stubbed his cigarette out on my notes.

I glared at him, pushed my chair back (missing his groin, unfortunately) and went over to the security officer.

After a few quiet words Mr Security Officier then escorted the git and his girlfriend and cronies out and I found out the next day they had all been suspended for a few days :whi:.

They never gave me or any of my friends any trouble at all ever again.

Cord_Croft
16-12-06, 20:32
Good on you! I done that last year, stupid p***k said im Hagrid, and im fat ect and started poking me (been going on for 2 years) so I flung one his face..... :D

viper456
16-12-06, 20:34
A couple of years ago I was sat in my college library getting on with some work with friends at the end of the day.

A table away there was a group of younger, noisier and frankly thicker youths who were just out to cause trouble.

One of them, a girl, decided to 'get our attention' by flicking paper balls at us. When that didn't work she and her 'boyfriend' (I use the term loosley, not wanting to offend ushaved gorillas) started smoking.

I turned around in my seat and said, calmly but firmly, "would you cut that out? This is a library. Take your fag outside if you have to do that. "

At which point the 'boyfriend' (about six inches taller than me) got up, came over and breathed smoke in my face and stubbed his cigarette out on my notes.

I glared at him, pushed my chair back (missing his groin, unfortunately) and went over to the security officer.

After a few quiet words Mr Security Officier then escorted the git and his girlfriend and cronies out and I found out the next day they had all been suspended for a few days :whi:.

They never gave me or any of my friends any trouble at all ever again.

my god, the smoke in my face would of been the end of it for me i wouldnt of been able to keep my cool! I cannot stand smoking at the best of times but if someone blew it in my face on purpose i would freak out! I have actually punched a friend in the arm really hard when he didnt take my serious warnings NOT to blow it in my face... he thought it was a joke... i didnt

kudos to you for being so calm though :)
Good on you! I done that last year, stupid p***k said im Hagrid, and im fat ect and started poking me (been going on for 2 years) so I flung one his face..... :D

lmao i love a happy ending!! :D

Assassino
16-12-06, 20:36
Lmao! I like it:D they should do that to Chavs and naughty children!

viper456
16-12-06, 20:38
Lmao! I like it:D they should do that to Chavs and naughty children!

my brothers a chav *cries into a pillow* lol

Assassino
16-12-06, 20:44
my brothers a chav *cries into a pillow* lol

:hug: There there, they will be cured...one day, they will be cured.

illuminati30
16-12-06, 20:46
One thing we all know is what it right and wrong, even the people who do wrong, know they are doing it. It is basic common sense that Andariels actions were the wrong reaction, no matter how you look at it or dress it up, and are infact worse than the person in question. A mature person would realise this, and not mention it again, never mind come on here and make a thread about it, and anyone who were to praise such actions is as equally immature.

If Andariel believes her reaction to this situation was the right one, she will soon realise in time that it was not. This is a serious offence, and there consequences of assaulting someone in a public place. Has anyone even considered this? People need to think long and hard before saying she did the right thing in this situation.

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 20:55
If Andariel believes her reaction to this situation was the right one, she will soon realise in time that it was not. This is a serious offence, and there consequences of assaulting someone in a public place. Has anyone even considered this? People need to think long and hard before saying she did the right thing in this situation.

Only if the said person files charges, however that's unlikely due to the fact that it will just cause her more embarrassment. ;)

Every situation is different though, most of the time it is best to walk away and the smart people usually will. There are situations that just walking away just won't due, however those are few and far between.

If it was me I would have laughed at them and walked away, now if they continued bothering me while I was leaving now things would have been different. Heaven forbid if they touched me in any way, that would have been a huge mistake that none of them would have ever forgotten.

illuminati30
16-12-06, 20:57
Only if the said person files charges, however that's unlikely due to the fact that it will just cause her more embarrassment. ;)

Don't kid yourself.

Mr.Burns
16-12-06, 21:00
One thing we all know is what it right and wrong, even the people who do wrong, know they are doing it. It is basic common sense that Andariels actions were the wrong reaction, no matter how you look at it or dress it up, and are infact worse than the person in question. A mature person would realise this, and not mention it again, never mind come on here and make a thread about it, and anyone who were to praise such actions is as equally immature.

*sighs* gone are the days when two people could settle their differences with a good fist fight without fear of being sued or charged with assault. Like I said earlier, you can't even look at someone without fear of being charged with something or sued.

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 21:00
Don't kid yourself.

It's different here in the US than overseas, most people don't go running to the cops when they get their butts kicked when they started it in the first place.

Some do, but you can usually tell the type before it happens. ;)

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 21:06
*sighs* gone are the days when two people could settle their differences with a good fist fight without fear of being sued or charged with assault. Like I said earlier, you can't even look at someone without fear of being charged with something or sued.

When have you seen a fist fight lately?

Most of the time I heard of things happening these days some idiot pulls out a gun and shoots the other person or 4 or 5 of them all jump on one person all at once.

illuminati30
16-12-06, 21:08
It's different here in the US than overseas, most people don't go running to the cops when they get their butts kicked when they started it in the first place.

Some do, but you can usually tell the type before it happens. ;)

I can't imagine it would be a great deal different, and i can't imagine law enforcement would base an assult charge on such a childish thing as 'who started it'. Plus it depends what you mean by 'started it'. Who started saying hateful words, or who started being violent? So if someone says something mean to me, i have the right to beat them up, but don't worry, i have beat this person to a pulp, but they 'started it'. The reaction was not in proportion to the verbal abuse. If everyone reacted to verbal abuse with violence, imagine the type of world we would live in.

Mr.Burns
16-12-06, 21:46
When have you seen a fist fight lately?

Most of the time I heard of things happening these days some idiot pulls out a gun and shoots the other person or 4 or 5 of them all jump on one person all at once.

I've seen a fair few these past few years. Never been in one but, when you hang out at enough bars...well, a bar fight is still commonplace. But yes, more and more it's people resorting to weapons instead of trying to talk things through.

viper456
16-12-06, 21:58
omg she defended her personal space!! I would of done the same! Shes not going to get any charges pressed against her ! the dirty ***** who burped in her face deserves everything she got and will think twice before she does it to anyone else again

Mr.Burns
16-12-06, 22:00
omg she defended her personal space!! I would of done the same! Shes not going to get any charges pressed against her ! the dirty ***** who burped in her face deserves everything she got and will think twice before she does it to anyone else again

She can if the attacker had multiple witnesses "claiming" the opposite of what happened.

viper456
16-12-06, 22:03
like they are actually going to go to the police. It wont happen. its very rare that inccidents like this go any further

jarhead
16-12-06, 22:05
And even if it did, I'm sure these girls would have had a reputation so I doubt the police will make a judgement based on the numbers involved. I assume therer wasd no written evidence like CCTV etc.

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 22:08
I can't imagine it would be a great deal different, and i can't imagine law enforcement would base an assult charge on such a childish thing as 'who started it'. Plus it depends what you mean by 'started it'. Who started saying hateful words, or who started being violent? So if someone says something mean to me, i have the right to beat them up, but don't worry, i have beat this person to a pulp, but they 'started it'. The reaction was not in proportion to the verbal abuse. If everyone reacted to verbal abuse with violence, imagine the type of world we would live in.

There is such a thing is a persons personal space, now if another person invades that space that can and does count against the person. So if someone gets in your face and start cussing you out or threatening you etc they have invaded your personal space. (or burping in your face ;))

You do have the right to defend yourself.

Camera Obscura
16-12-06, 22:10
Although the girl did deserve it I don't think Andariel should have punched her, what if this girl was dangerous, although unlikely, one shouldn't underestimate another.

example: what if Andariel and the girl meet up somewhere and the girl happens to have scissors or a gun in her purse (for self defense) and uses it against her?

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 22:12
like they are actually going to go to the police. It wont happen. its very rare that inccidents like this go any further

You don't know that.

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 22:12
I've seen a fair few these past few years. Never been in one but, when you hang out at enough bars...well, a bar fight is still commonplace. But yes, more and more it's people resorting to weapons instead of trying to talk things through.

I stopped going to bars long ago due to the amount of idiots who think they are Steven Seagal or something when they get drunk. :rolleyes:

It gets old putting them in their place.

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 22:15
You don't know that.

Yes sad but true, you just never know these days what people will try and do.

viper456
16-12-06, 22:31
You don't know that.

they will not go to the police. Unfortunatly the world doesnt not work like that or atleast very rarely in cases like this. People like them will just try to take matters into their own hands if anything. its more than likely that they despise the police anyway.

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 22:38
they will not go to the police. Unfortunatly the world doesnt not work like that or atleast very rarely in cases like this. People like them will just try to take matters into their own hands if anything. its more than likely that they despise the police anyway.

I've witnessed something like this happen except it was a bit worse and the police got involved and i had to be questioned about what happened.

viper456
16-12-06, 22:40
I've witnessed something like this happen except it was a bit worse and the police got involved and i had to be questioned about what happened.

that was that this is this. What exactly happened? I cant really say anything on your experience without actually knowing what happened.

and even you said that it was slightly worse

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 23:26
that was that this is this. What exactly happened? I cant really say anything on your experience without actually knowing what happened.

and even you said that it was slightly worse

Which leads back to my point, which is you don't know with these kinds of things.

mizuno_suisei
17-12-06, 00:29
Andariel, How old are you? and how old would you think the girl is?

I feel that what you did was OK, No-one in their right mind has the right to walk the streets and act like a total female dog and go and burp in your face, If you had have the opportunity for a non-violent resolution, you should have used it but what you did was acceptable in my opinion. If you are an Adult, and the girl was a young girl, I would be very dissapointed.

CerebralAssassin
17-12-06, 00:37
Andariel, How old are you? and how old would you think the girl is?

I feel that what you did was OK, No-one in their right mind has the right to walk the streets and act like a total female dog and go and burp in your face, If you had have the opportunity for a non-violent resolution, you should have used it but what you did was acceptable in my opinion. If you are an Adult, and the girl was a young girl, I would be very dissapointed.

there shouldn't be a double standard.why is it ok for a girl and inappropriate for an adult?that's like saying just because you are a kid, it's ok to take a bazooka and blow people up..:rolleyes:

mizuno_suisei
17-12-06, 00:45
Adults are supposed to set a BIG example for the kids, If an adult punches a kid, wouldnt it sound really bad? I hear of Kids fighting but never an Adult on a Kid.

viper456
17-12-06, 01:56
Which leads back to my point, which is you don't know with these kinds of things.

well if your not going to explain what happened in your scenario I cant compromise

Mr.Burns
17-12-06, 02:01
Ah well, it's a case by case scenario really. As to possible outcomes, I think everyone is right and wrong. It's simply a matter of psychology especially the mentality and thinking of the bully in question. There are really so many different variables as to what makes a bully tick that we can't be absolutely certain as to what they will do when confronted. What we do know is that they usually antagonize because they're trying to make up for some deficiency in themselves.