PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros Invests in SCi, Eidos :Warner Bros. will start handling Tomb Raider

illuminati30
16-12-06, 11:52
US, December 15, 2006 - The Hollywood movie-making company Warner Bros. today announced it has made a 10.3 investment in SCi, the small but aggressive English company that, less than two years ago, bought Tomb Raider-publisher Eidos. As part of the strategic partnership, SCi gained rights to a handful of classic TV properties including Batman, Looney Tunes, many Hanna-Barbera titles and The OC.

The complete list of Warner Bros properties comprises the comic book version of DC superhero Batman, and the Looney Tunes character library, including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Road Runner and Speedy Gonzales, the latter of which Eidos presently plans to develop for handheld systems. The agreement also includes the Hanna-Barbera catalog, including Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, Wacky Races, Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound. Eidos will wield these properties across as many as 12 new games, some of which will based on individual characters.

Jason Hall, senior vice president at Warner Bros. Interactive, stated that the company does not plan to re-organize or shift the focus of development teams. Hall said that his company also still plans on working with other publishers. For instance, Electronic Arts will still handle Harry Potter and Midway will still publish Happy Feet.

Finally, as part of the agreement, Warner Bros. will start handling Tomb Raider business. Warner Bros. will become the primary U.S. distributor of the property, using its vast warehousing, logistics, merchandising and media buying services, enabling Eidos to focus on manufacturing, sales, marketing and PR.

"Investing in SCi further solidifies our commitment to the rapidly growing interactive and gaming space," said Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group president Kevin Tsujihara. "This deal is consistent with our core strategy of delivering high quality entertainment based on some of the world's best-loved brands for all formats and channels. We look forward to working with SCi to build games the fans of these brands will truly enjoy."

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/751/751385p1.html

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 12:22
Is this good or bad?:confused:

BoyTRaider
16-12-06, 12:29
Does this perhaps gives us a chance to have another TR movie??? :jmp:

Rivendell
16-12-06, 12:47
Wow! TR gets closer to Disney with each installement! :hea:

Flipper1987
16-12-06, 15:02

Warner Bros. and Disney are both separate companies as far as I know. And when did Disney have a reputation of producing crap?

FLIPPER

JANKERSON
16-12-06, 15:04
Warner Bros. and Disney are both separate companies as far as I know. And when did Disney have a reputation of producing crap?

FLIPPER

:confused:

IMO if Disney makes a movie it's really well done. :)

2kool4u
16-12-06, 15:07

FLIPPER
Disney always made crap until Pirates of The Caribean!
Riv calm dow Warner Bros makes very good movies. CALM DOWN LOL

stereopathic
16-12-06, 15:11
this is all well and good, but i guess unless we've invested in WB, SCi or Eidos, it doesn't really affect us.

Flipper1987
16-12-06, 17:17

Wow, and you really believe that don't you?

That's why Disney has been so successful and has been around for so long - by producing crap.

FLIPPER - who owns no stock in Disney Corp. but probably should.

2kool4u
16-12-06, 17:18
ok maybe i was exagerative. But disney alwaysed bored me. OMG Lizzy Mc Guire that damn show. THANK GOD MY SISTER STOPPED WATCHING IT!!

Rivendell
16-12-06, 18:11
Flipper - good or bad, I just want cartoony companies to stay as far the hell away as Tomb Raider as I do interactive cutscenes .

tlr online
16-12-06, 18:16

I couldn't disagree more. Disney are responsible for some incredible animations and characters. The Lion King, Bambi.... I could reel of many more. Their achievements have been enormous in animation.

tlr online
16-12-06, 18:17
Flipper - good or bad, I just want cartoony companies to stay as far the hell away as Tomb Raider as I do interactive cutscenes .

I think IGN might be a bit muddled Rivendell. Here is the actual press release, not an interpretation of it:

http://www.uiqo.com/news/15120608.html

Apofiss
16-12-06, 18:19
I couldn't disagree more. Disney are responsible for some incredible animations and characters. The Lion King, Bambi.... I could reel of many more. Their achievements have been enormous in animation.

Exactly! ..and it's not even a matter of taste to not to tell more as Disney have made quite some unforgetable animations.

tlr online
16-12-06, 18:27
The only thing that concerns me is the competence of Time Warner. Remember, this is the company that joined forces with the disgrace that is AOL.

I only hope their idiotic-decision making days are over. AOL has been a global, financial embarrassment to Warner Bros.

Rivendell
16-12-06, 18:37
Ta for that link, tlr :tmb: