PDA

View Full Version : bullies

xcrushterx
16-12-06, 16:24
dont you just HATE them. There is someone in school who calls me names. It's sooo frustrating i just want to hit him hard in the face and not stop until he's outcold (i hate him but i dont want to hurt him more than that. Im not a violent person)
:hea: :hea: :hea:

Mad Tony
16-12-06, 16:25
I hate bullies to the bitter end.
I've been bullied loads at school, and as a result of my anger problems I was excluded for a day.

2kool4u
16-12-06, 16:35
well its time to become violent. Punch him.

Fish.
16-12-06, 16:37
dont you just HATE them. There is someone in school who calls me names. It's sooo frustrating i just want to hit him hard in the face and not stop until he's outcold (i hate him but i dont want to hurt him more than that. Im not a violent person)
:hea: :hea: :hea:

Well you can do like the kid in A Christmas Story -- beat the crap out of him until he's a bleeding lump, and cuss him out while you're doing it! :D

Betal
16-12-06, 16:38
Someone called me things. I gaved back. now I aint welcome to that school anymore:p

Terminatorvs
16-12-06, 16:39
I've never been bullied at school. Perhaps my school was very nice. As I've already mentioned on the other thread - bullies are cowards - there's no bravery in picking on someone who's weaker. My advice - humiliate him as hard as you can - that may be even a better lesson than just punching him in the face.

george_croft
16-12-06, 16:42

Oh dear god....:o

Violence is not the answer, and it has never been.
Try working this out in a civilized way, BY TALKING;) You wont gain any respect from anyone with violence!

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 16:45
There's a kid in my school who I went to primary school with. We have been in sepearate classes for about 3 years and since we're in Y10 our classes are all mixed ability. He thinks I'm a geek still (I was really really clever in primary school) but he doesn't know I have evolved from that and that I'm quite popular now. He always pulled me evils in lessons and ususally calls me, but he only calls me when nobody is there because he knows if he does then people will just take my side.:D

If it really gets to the point you can't take enough, you ahve to speak to someone, the very last resort is hitting them.

If he calls you occupy yourself with something, play with something like your sleeve or something. If he waits for you after lessons or school then he's playing a totally different ballgame.

You should really talk to someone first. Usually a member of staff.

tomblover
16-12-06, 16:45
Someone called me things. I gaved back. now I aint welcome to that school anymore:p Aye, that's a good girl! :D Good work, Betal, assholes should get what they deserve!

Mr.Burns
16-12-06, 16:47
Ya know, I'm surprised in today's society that bullies can still get away with beating up kids. You can't even look at a person the wrong way without being sued. I agree that violence isn't the right way but sometimes, and I stress SOMETIMES a bully won't let up until you stand up to them.

RAID
16-12-06, 16:50
Bullies are only cowards who pick on someone who's smaller than them. I've seen people bullying other people and then, the bullies get bullied by a bigger bully.

They always attack when in a group. I bet he never calls you names when he's alone.

xcrushterx
16-12-06, 16:53
no he doesnt.

ELEN
16-12-06, 16:54
Jesus! What am I reading? Hit him, punch him and ****?!! If xcrushterx hits this guy, he'll get the worst. See RAID's reply above. Just ignore him.

Angel_14
16-12-06, 16:57
Punching him would just give him ammo to tease you. Just ignore him, and he'll get bored and leaves you alone :wve:

2kool4u
16-12-06, 16:58
Well you can do like the kid in A Christmas Story -- beat the crap out of him until he's a bleeding lump, and cuss him out while you're doing it! :D
lmao!! AGREED greatest movie ever!!
Jesus! What am I reading? Hit him, punch him and ****?!! If xcrushterx hits this guy, he'll get the worst. See RAID's reply above. Just ignore him. lmao never laughed so hard till right now.

Punching him would just give him ammo to tease you. Just ignore him, and he'll get bored and leaves you alone :wve:
That never works. This makes them want to tease you more.

Angel_14
16-12-06, 17:07
That never works. This makes them want to tease you more.

I'm the living proof, that you're wrong ;)

Violence is NOT a good solution! You can beat them, but your dignity will be lower than his. If you're really annoyed by them, go to a teacher/adult and tell them! They will surely help you and will try to stop him.

2kool4u
16-12-06, 17:15
I'm the living proof, that you're wrong ;)

Violence is NOT a good solution! You can beat them, but your dignity will be lower than his. If you're really annoyed by them, go to a teacher/adult and tell them! They will surely help you and will try to stop him.

:yik: :yik: :yik: :yik: are yo crazy!! Theyll harass him for life!!!:o

Angel_14
16-12-06, 17:17
Then please tell me, why is violence better than trying to solve things calm? Besides breaking something and going to the principal?

Anubis_AF
16-12-06, 17:18
Ignoring is one thing you could try. The other is to use violence.

xcrushterx
16-12-06, 17:19
as i said im not a violent person and i ignore it. To be perfectly honest he doesnt really bother me as much as he used to.

2kool4u
16-12-06, 17:20
Then please tell me, why is violence better than trying to solve things calm? Besides breaking something and going to the principal?
LOl i never got in trouble because they deserved it. It taught them dont :CEN: with me. Theyll leave you alone for good. Make sure you can beat him though.

Ignoring is one thing you could try. The other is to use violence.

AGREED~!!

StUdEnT rAiDeR
16-12-06, 17:29
our school THINKS its getting better but its not, i have never been bullied because i have a big brother (who is like a big chav). But this girl is really canny (and shes in y10) and she gets bullied all the time, all the y7 and y9 boys chase her chucking cans of coke and bottle of water off her, its really serios because just the other week her coat got burned! thats just sly and wrong. What makes it even more annoying my brother wont don anyting about it when its all his freinds that do it :mad: .

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 17:48
^ I know, its really horrible when someone really nice is being bullied, who, if they were given the chance, could fit in with everyone, but unfortunatley, aren't heard. It was similar with me. I used to be really quiet and one of the class freaks, but a became quite good mates with one of the popular people and he spread to word to his mates. Eventually I was accepted. I must say that this past year has been my golden year.

There is this girl called Joanne in my school, shes in the top set and is really pretty. She has really smooth skin and dresses nice. I wondered why she was rejected. And it turns out she was a lesbian, but you wouldn;t think it if you seen her lmao.

Mad Tony
16-12-06, 17:50
And it turns out she was a lesbian, but you wouldn;t think it if you seen her lmao.
What is your problem!?
It's like you expect certain types of people to look a certain way. :rolleyes:
A lesbian doesn't have to look how a stereotypical lesbian might look. ;)

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 17:50
LOl i never got in trouble because they deserved it. It taught them dont :CEN: with me. Theyll leave you alone for good. Make sure you can beat him though.

AGREED~!!

Thing is, different schools deal with these things differently. Its dangerous and not really worth the satisfaction if your school life is in the balance. The policy in my school is that if it is your first fight you only get put in Isolation for the day.

I would love to smack some people but I can't risk it due to my past record.

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 17:52
What is your problem!?
It's like you expect certain types of people to look a certain way. :rolleyes:
A lesbian doesn't have to look how a stereotypical lesbian might look. ;)

Oh No, I'm not making fun of her, she is actually very nice, I was laughing at how people would think that.

Rickéh
Here's my advice: Just ignore them, they will stop.
They will getting bored of it if you are ignore them.
Because i don't care what people say or think about me, they are only wasting their own time.

Mad Tony
Oh No, I'm not making fun of her, she is actually very nice, I was laughing at how people would think that.
I didn't say you do laugh at her.
But it sounds as if you think certain types of people, have to look a certain way.

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 17:57
Oh right, sorry about that.:)

StUdEnT rAiDeR
16-12-06, 17:57
he girl who got her coat burned gets bullied because she "looks like a tramp".
there is this bisexual in my school who gets spat on aswell :(

and anthony shock, which school do you go to *dont answer if you dont want to* (just cause i live in sme area)

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 18:00
When your letting it get to you, it shows. That is what he wants to see.

Punching him will just **** him off more, most likely.

StUdEnT rAiDeR
16-12-06, 18:07
When your letting it get to you, it shows. That is what he wants to see.

Punching him will just **** him off more, most likely.

he, girls are much worse than boys! (in my school)

Cheenie
16-12-06, 18:08
I must say i was bullied, then they stopped it seeing me not bothered :) Just ignore bullies and they will get bored with bullying, or just tell teacher :D

viper456
16-12-06, 18:11
i cant believe i just read "talk to the bully" seriously, am i in some alternate universe where bullies would actually sit down over a cup of tea and work things out ?! i dont think so.

Dont hit him, just ignore him. BUT the moment that the little **** lays one finger on you give as good as you recieved!

ELEN
16-12-06, 18:12
Originally Posted by ELEN http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=1421331#post1421331)
Jesus! What am I reading? Hit him, punch him and ****?!! If xcrushterx hits this guy, he'll get the worst. See RAID's reply above. Just ignore him.

lmao never laughed so hard till right now.

Honestly, I didn't expect anything else from a kid like you ;)

StUdEnT rAiDeR
16-12-06, 18:17
teachers in schools should be more strict, y9 is the worst year in my school, they swear at teachers, it really is THAT bad, and all the little y7 chav minions walk aroun chatting up y11 girls and saying stuff like "y ii lyk! a am lyk propa solid lyk y ii", or in my case " ya little gay ****, y ii" and the school wont do anything, the fact that i hang around goths dosnt help but i shouldn't have to take rubbish like that from a y7 :p

AnthonyShock1515
16-12-06, 18:21
I go to Heworth, u? ^

StUdEnT rAiDeR
16-12-06, 18:27
I go to Heworth, u? ^

jarrow, which means i go to jarrow school *sigh*, ya heard of it?
PM the rest ov the conve since we are spamming a "bullying" thread :)

TombRaiderLover
16-12-06, 18:46
as i said im not a violent person and i ignore it. To be perfectly honest he doesnt really bother me as much as he used to.

I'm not a violent person either.

What I did was tell a teacher. They sorted it and everything went fine. ;)

scion05
16-12-06, 18:57
I got bullied alot last year, by alot of people 2 years older..
I had to actually ring in, and get my parents to threaten to get the
police for them to stop... I had tried a few times, but it dint seem worth it..
anyway they're ok now..

But i still get the typical names...... :rolleyes:

BEST THING TO DO = TELL THE DEPS!

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 19:01
he, girls are much worse than boys! (in my school)

Okay.

Greenkey2
16-12-06, 19:47
This is heading in the same direction as the "Threw punches" thread :rolleyes:

I've been on the receiving end from bullies, for several years, while I was at school. It is the single hardest thing to have to put up with, day in, day out, the constant, unrelenting pressure from everyone.

Mental or physical makes no difference. They both do tremendous harm if not stopped quickly. Fortunately things are better now than they used to be; bullying is not quite as under-the-carpet as it once was.

But that doesn't mean it's gone away. xcrushterx, whatever else happens you must talk to people about this. Make a stand, talk about what you are being put through and who is doing it. Shout it so loudly no one can ignore you. If your teachers do nothing, tell the department heads. If they don't, the school governers. If they and your parents are still unable to stop the bullies, get in touch with local press, Childline, local charities - everyone who can give you a voice against the people who are making your life a misery.

Don't be like me and suffer until it makes you ill. Do something positive about it. Because you can do something. Bullies never win in the end.

Cord_Croft
16-12-06, 19:51
Bullies CANNOT be ignored for a long time! I've tried it, doesn't work!
I just like humiliating them. This lad called me Hagird in form, so I said hey so how about getting that n*b of yours on your head removed?
This girl aswell, humiliating them rocks, sarcasm entertains me, my anti-drug. I find sarcasm/humilating far more satisfactory then seeing someone bleed (well that is kinda cool!). Humiliation is the better option!

Hybrid Soldier
16-12-06, 19:53
I just like humiliating them. This lad called me Hagird in form, so I said hey so how about getting that n*b of yours on your head removed?
This girl aswell, humiliating them rocks, sarcasm entertains me, my anti-drug. I find sarcasm/humilating far more satisfactory then seeing someone bleed (well that is kinda cool!). Humiliation is the better option!

How do you know? Not all bullies are the same. For some it may take longer than others.

Mr.Burns
16-12-06, 19:56

Thus the prey becomes the bully.

Scottlee
16-12-06, 20:00

Wow, would you check out Charles Bronson over here?

Unless in instinctive self-defence, going after the bullies is not the best thing to do. Seeking the advice of parents and teachers in strict confidence is the FIRST thing that should be done. It's hard to tell someone you're being bullied, but it's amazing how much better you feel when the people in your life know what's happening (even if, from a practical point of view, there isn't all that much they can do to help).

And it turns out she was a lesbian, but you wouldn;t think it if you seen her lmao.

Gordon bleedin Bennett.

:rolleyes:

xcrushterx
16-12-06, 20:09
it's not really that bad to be honest (hence the reason i dont let it bother me) I just got very frustrated because he does it for no reason. To my knowledge i have down nothing to provoke his dislike towards me (maybe because im smart) and that is what :cen: me off.

ELEN
16-12-06, 20:35
xcrushterx, you won't solve anything by using violence. You'll make the things worse. Ignoring him is better.

Gordon bleedin Bennett.

:jmp: This reminds me of something :p

xcrushterx
16-12-06, 20:39
gordon bennet is a british phrase:hug:
@ELEN i do ignore him. (that's probably why he doesnt attack as much as he used to.

StUdEnT rAiDeR
18-12-06, 18:43
right this is just happend in my school:mad:

like i said, the girls coat got burned, the teachers have suspended/expelled no-one! i and my 2 freinds got beat up BY the same person, he cut some ones head open by smacking it on a table and the other friend got beat up (he went to hospital because of concushion). now 5 people beat up some one, (the person they beat up was spreading round the school about kicking the :cen: out of them). All five get expelled:mad: i am not saying that 5-1 is very good but i mean 5 people beating 1 person up, all five get expelled and then 1 person beating 3 people up, 2 days suspension!:mad: and in a behavior unit (easy work and no breaks):mad: i just wanted to know your thoughts on this :mad: !!!

danitiwa
19-12-06, 15:06
Bullies suck, all the boys in my class are always being cruel to me! ARGH! ITS SO STUPID they say **** your mother to me and when they're really loud I tell them to shut up they just shout the same back at me. :P:hea:

JANKERSON
19-12-06, 15:21
It's best to ignore them unless they try and hurt you physically.

When I was in the 9th grade there was a bully that bothered me, well I was short for my age you know.

Long story short, he grabbed me and I smashed his head into the locker knocking him out cold (I came up hard and I knew how to fight very well). No more problems at all for the rest of the time I was in HS.

danitiwa
19-12-06, 15:23
It's best to ignore them unless they try and hurt you physically.

When I was in the 9th grade there was a bully that bothered me, well I was short for my age you know.

Long story short, he grabbed me and I smashed his head into the locker knocking him out cold (I came up hard and I knew how to fight very well). No more problems at all for the rest of the time I was in HS.

:eek: PELASE DON'T HURT ME! :vlol:

ELEN
19-12-06, 15:25
What's going on at schools nowadays? I have seen kids saying words to each other or fighting, but I find it ok (in normal situations). But the above are just horrible!! Don't the parents care about their kids' behaviour?

danitiwa
19-12-06, 15:27
What's going on at schools nowadays? I have seen kids saying words to each other or fighting, but I find it ok (in normal situations). But the above are just horrible!! Don't the parents care about their kids' behaviour?

Not many no, but the Japanese do, OOh you should see those guys! When they're Jerks all you have to say is: I'm talking to your mother/father they'll beg at your feat...those parents must be strict :whi:

Mad Tony
19-12-06, 15:29
Not many no, but the Japanese do, OOh you should see those guys! When they're Jerks all you have to say is: I'm talking to your mother/father they'll beg at your feat...those parents must be strict :whi:
Dani, you just hit the problem there.
The problem, is lack of discipline with these kids today.
The teachers and the parents don't have any authority over the kids anymore.

JANKERSON
19-12-06, 15:31

Mine was back in the 70's Elen. ;)

Bullies have always been around, times were different back then too in a lot of ways.

Back then we were taught to take care of ourselves when we really needed too. Never start any fight, but finish all of them. :D

We didn't carry guns, knives and kill people back then like what happens these days. It was just a normal fight now and then, not all the time.

danitiwa
19-12-06, 15:40
Dani, you just hit the problem there.
The problem, is lack of discipline with these kids today.
The teachers and the parents don't have any authority over the kids anymore.

YOU are sooo rite, like in my spanish or german class all the boys do is shout out and chatter with each other and fight, and when the teacher tells them something she is powerless, they act like they don't hear her! The teachers don't punish anymore I tell them to take off housepoints or send them out, but NO! I mean my english teacher punishes, and everything goes fine! Everybody loves her and never disbehave. BECAUSE SHE PUNISHES THEM, THEN THEY GET IT.

Mad Tony
19-12-06, 15:43
YOU are sooo rite, like in my spanish or german class all the boys do is shout out and chatter with each other and fight, and when the teacher tells them something she is powerless, they act like they don't hear her! The teachers don't punish anymore I tell them to take off housepoints or send them out, but NO! I mean my english teacher punishes, and everything goes fine! Everybody loves her and never disbehave. BECAUSE SHE PUNISHES THEM, THEN THEY GET IT.
That's very odd.
My English teacher is like that too.
In fact that's the only class I don't have problems in.

Cord_Croft
19-12-06, 15:46
That's very odd.
We have a teacher that laughs WITH the kids when they say something. There's only a few that actually do something :(

ELEN
19-12-06, 15:51
Mine was back in the 70's Elen. ;)

Bullies have always been around, times were different back then too in a lot of ways.

Back then we were taught to take care of ourselves when we really needed too. Never start any fight, but finish all of them. :D

We didn't carry guns, knives and kill people back then like what happens these days. It was just a normal fight now and then, not all the time.

I'm not saying that bullies appeared now. As I said, I find it normal when young people "fight". But NOT like it happens as described above! I have to agree with Tony: "The problem, is lack of discipline with these kids today. The teachers and the parents don't have any authority over the kids anymore."

JANKERSON
19-12-06, 16:02
Tony: "The problem, is lack of discipline with these kids today. The teachers and the parents don't have any authority over the kids anymore."

How true.

Parenting is all but gone these days.... :mad:

The reason the Parents don't have the authority is they don't want to deal with the kids. :rolleyes:

Like I always say a good smack now and then never hurt anyone when growing up. ;)

The kids I grew up with really didn't do those things like above because they knew what was going to happen to them when they got home. ;)

Forwen
19-12-06, 16:10
The reason the Parents don't have the authority is they don't want to deal with the kids. :rolleyes:

Like I always say a good smack now and then never hurt anyone when growing up. ;)
If that's the only thing that "dealing with kids" is about then yeah, it's strange people would give up a chance to smack their inferior legitimately every now and then.

Sorry, I'm biased.

JANKERSON
19-12-06, 16:20
If that's the only thing that "dealing with kids" is about then yeah, it's strange people would give up a chance to smack their inferior legitimately every now and then.

Sorry, I'm biased.

Well that is part of it....

But without strong discipline we have tons of what has been stated above and much worse. ;)

It will continue to get worse unless something changes.

Today we have metal detectors and Security Guards in the schools, kids getting shot or knifed, pregnant at 12 or younger, 8 year olds taking and selling drugs.

I can't tell you how many 14 to 17 year old girls I have see with gang bangers late at night and early in the morning, we all know what happens to them in the end. (You know damn well the parents don't have a clue were they are.) :mad:

Hmmm lets see that's parenting? :rolleyes:

Man I tell you I need to take that parenting class........ Where can I sign up for that one? :p

ELEN
19-12-06, 16:53
But without strong discipline we have tons of what has been stated above and much worse. ;)

It's not only discipline. There are many things that can make a child violent. The parents may teach them the best behaviour, but if they argue in front of the child, they will give a bad example. And the teachers are responsible when they sit and just watch. Oh! And the **** the childern watch on TV. For example, I'm a Smurfs' kid :p

pinklaralover
19-12-06, 16:59
i see bullies every where i go. I see then bullying hurth=ing...calling names...but no-one are able to stop them there everywhere!:(

Forwen
19-12-06, 17:02
Today we have metal detectors and Security Guards in the schools, kids getting shot or knifed, pregnant at 12 or younger, 8 year olds taking and selling drugs.

I can't tell you how many 14 to 17 year old girls I have see with gang bangers late at night and early in the morning, we all know what happens to them in the end. (You know damn well the parents don't have a clue were they are.) :mad:

Hmmm lets see that's parenting? :rolleyes:

Man I tell you I need to take that parenting class........ Where can I sign up for that one? :p
Is this part of the post directed to me?

JANKERSON
19-12-06, 17:13
It's not only discipline. There are many things that can make a child violent. The parents may teach them the best behaviour, but if they argue in front of the child, they will give a bad example. And the teachers are responsible when they sit and just watch. Oh! And the **** the childern watch on TV. For example, I'm a Smurfs' kid :p

If the parents are even around, or should I say parent with the current divorce rate these days.

Oh wait it's the Day cares fault as they should be raising the kids correctly.

See were I am going with this Elen? :)

JANKERSON
19-12-06, 17:15
Is this part of the post directed to me?

Yeah it was because all of those things that used to be rare are quickly becoming the norm.

There is something seriously wrong with todays Society and it's getting worse, not better.

Forwen
19-12-06, 20:59
Yeah it was because all of those things that used to be rare are quickly becoming the norm.
That's a statement of the fact. However I still fail to see how it is connected to my comment about corporal punishment of kids at home.

Those examples you mentioned, no matter how frequent, are still radical in their nature. If you try to simply smack one of the teenage thugs, expect to be smacked back.

But still maybe you automatically assume that if I dare be sarcastic about corporal punishment then I must be one of these rabid hippie fans of stress-free upbringing. Sorry to disappoint you.
There is something seriously wrong with todays Society and it's getting worse, not better.
Oh it's a sign of times alright - somehow respect for the humanity and respect for authority don't fully agree, eh? And even as a liberal (and furthermore, still at school; let's just say that I experience some stuff first-hand :p) I will admit that children and teenagers have much less good will and are not as wishing to cooperate in their education as some heralds of stress-free upbringing like to claim. This characteristic cult of an innocent child that needs to be protected at all costs which has developed during the recent century led eventually to fear of the parents and teachers from their own children and pupils - and I just know from experience that an average teenager, even non-hostile and ambitious, will exploit every single chance to gain advantage over parents or teachers, who are buried in law and custom - or to busy to even notice.

I will agree, however, idealistically or not, corporal punishment is just a shortcut. It not only can be easily misused as an instrument of revenge or stress-relief - especially in radical situations, and these are the most prevalent problem in the US with teenagers as I understand - but in many cases is meanigless and teaches nothing, especially if a kid is smart enough to understand how action-reaction works. Especially (bleh, three especiallys) if that's the only method parents employ and as you said, in the US parents are simply never there for their kids. What would a kid do, if they had a parent that is absent for almost whole week and only shows up to give a beating? A kid would learn to equivocate and avoid responsibility deliberately, not to respect the authority. The problem runs deeper than that, while corporal punishment is nothing more than some sort of hereditary priviledge of beating someone up, designed for parents and not for kids.

lita212
19-12-06, 23:55
its awful and bullying is getting even worse. ive been bullied in every school and it got to the point where i cracked and now i have whats called body dysmorphic disorder and i have to take treatment for it. i hate bullies they really **** me off big time i dont get them at all.

Ikas90
20-12-06, 01:30
I used to get bullied a lot in primary school. At least I wasn't stupid enough to think of committing suicide. I was actually a smart kid.

People that bully are just cowards themselves, and they try to pick on others to make themselves look tough. I remember, as soon as I ran near a teacher, they just ran off :D

JANKERSON
20-12-06, 07:49
That's a statement of the fact. However I still fail to see how it is connected to my comment about corporal punishment of kids at home.

Those examples you mentioned, no matter how frequent, are still radical in their nature. If you try to simply smack one of the teenage thugs, expect to be smacked back.

Well maybe not sense they have never had and discipline. ;) But as they should have been taught better growing up starting at an early age so it wouldn't have to come to that.

But still maybe you automatically assume that if I dare be sarcastic about corporal punishment then I must be one of these rabid hippie fans of stress-free upbringing. Sorry to disappoint you.

No I didn't think that at all, but I was going to bring it up, now I don't have too as we agree on that one. :) They are complete morons, I thought so then and I still do today.

Oh it's a sign of times alright - somehow respect for the humanity and respect for authority don't fully agree, eh? And even as a liberal (and furthermore, still at school; let's just say that I experience some stuff first-hand :p) I will admit that children and teenagers have much less good will and are not as wishing to cooperate in their education as some heralds of stress-free upbringing like to claim. This characteristic cult of an innocent child that needs to be protected at all costs which has developed during the recent century led eventually to fear of the parents and teachers from their own children and pupils - and I just know from experience that an average teenager, even non-hostile and ambitious, will exploit every single chance to gain advantage over parents or teachers, who are buried in law and custom - or to busy to even notice.

Oh how true.

I will agree, however, idealistically or not, corporal punishment is just a shortcut. It not only can be easily misused as an instrument of revenge or stress-relief - especially in radical situations, and these are the most prevalent problem in the US with teenagers as I understand - but in many cases is meanigless and teaches nothing, especially if a kid is smart enough to understand how action-reaction works. Especially (bleh, three especiallys) if that's the only method parents employ and as you said, in the US parents are simply never there for their kids. What would a kid do, if they had a parent that is absent for almost whole week and only shows up to give a beating? A kid would learn to equivocate and avoid responsibility deliberately, not to respect the authority. The problem runs deeper than that, while corporal punishment is nothing more than some sort of hereditary priviledge of beating someone up, designed for parents and not for kids.

It's not really a shortcut at all when used correctly, starting at an early age so by the time the child hits 9 or so it has sunk in that they will be punished if they screw up. After awhile there is no need to ever touch the child because they know if they screw up they will get a whipping. It really does work. However I do agree that some parents take things to the abuse stage and that would have to be watched like it was before.

It's not beating somebody up, it should never go that far ever.

danitiwa
20-12-06, 09:51
That's very odd.
That's why I like my english teacher lol, she has diciplin, yet she is very nice if you are as well.

Angelus
20-12-06, 09:56

What is your problem!? Do you think that all lesbians look the same? Or have it tattooed on their forehead!?