PDA

View Full Version : South Park

Jacob x5
17-12-06, 18:13
I'm interested to find out what you folk at TRF think of South Park, because I'm sure they'll be many differing opinions and much debate to follow. :D Personally I love this show and think that anyone who says it's racist, sexist, stereotypical, offensive to religon or has pointless, childish humour is narrow-minded and ignorant. :ton:

South Park is an American animated television comedy series about four fourth grade school boys who live in the small town of South Park, Colorado. The series is created and written by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and has been distributed and aired by Comedy Central since 1997. It is known for its blunt handling of current events and its pop-culture parody. Since its premiere on August 13, 1997, 153 episodes have been produced over ten seasons. Two more seasons are planned, with an option for renewal at the end of Season 12. In recent years, each season has been aired in two halves, in spring and in autumn.

Source: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) (see their article on South Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park)).

Rivendell
17-12-06, 18:16
I think I've watched every single episode! :(

And now I have to wait til march to see more! *cries*

I've loved this show since it started. I absolutely love the way it's so totally 'in your face', and in certain episodes gets across in a not-so-subtle way what the makers of the show think about certain things, political states, laws, social problems, preconceptions etc.

It's just great! Sure, there have been a couple of times where they've said some pretty risky things, but ... *shrugs* it's not exactly hard to get over.

Angel_14
17-12-06, 18:18
Love it :D I always watch it, when I need a laugh

danitiwa
17-12-06, 18:18
I'm interested to find out what you folk at TRF think of South Park, because I'm sure they'll be many differing opinions and much debate to follow. :D Personally I love this show and think that anyone who says it's racist, sexist, stereotypical, offensive to religon or has pointless, childish humour is close-minded and ignorant. :ton:

South Park is an American animated television comedy series about four fourth grade school boys who live in the small town of South Park, Colorado. The series is created and written by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and has been distributed and aired by Comedy Central since 1997. It is known for its blunt handling of current events and its pop-culture parody. Since its premiere on August 13, 1997, 153 episodes have been produced over ten seasons. Two more seasons are planned, with an option for renewal at the end of Season 12. In recent years, each season has been aired in two halves, in spring and in autumn.

Source: Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) (see their article on South Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park)).
I LOVE IT IT MAKES ME LMFAO! (even though it's quite nasty and rude sometimes.)

Jacob x5
17-12-06, 18:19
I've seen every episode too. Besides being a really funny show, it does have a serious point to make. Trey and Matt have stated somewhere (sorry I can't cite the source) that they knew their show would offend people, and that's exactly their point. Personally I think they're geniuses. :D

A lot of you will be aware of a Steve Irwin joke they made which caused great uproar, but personally I thought it was very appropriate. As I watched it I could imagine Trey and Matt saying, "how do you like that!" :D

Rickéh
17-12-06, 18:21
I love it too! :D
I watch it when i need some laugh just like Angel_14 :)

peffect
17-12-06, 18:23
This is one of the funniest series I've ever watched:jmp:
I love also the simpsons ^^...:vlol:

CuteKittenlol
17-12-06, 18:24
I love Southpark :D

'You killed Kenny, you *******!' Lol, class XD

Rivendell
17-12-06, 18:24
I was going to say about the Steve Irwin 'joke'!

Personally I didn't see the big deal why people made a fuss about it. They didn't take the mick out of him, and I didn't find it funny nor unfunny, it was just like watching someone talk. Nothing to it really.

danitiwa
17-12-06, 18:26

There's a ringtone like that on MTV. :vlol: Or Oh No They Killed Kenny!:D What's Ur favorite Kenn Death? Mine has to be when he gets a potatoe as a heart in the south park movie :vlol:

Rivendell
17-12-06, 18:28
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8mvrFHcgsc) will do fine in this thread ;) I can't stop laughing at that :D

Rickéh
17-12-06, 18:31

I have that 1 on my mobile :D

jarhead
17-12-06, 18:31
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8mvrFHcgsc) will do fine in this thread ;) I can't stop laughing at that :D

:vlol:

LMFAO

I love that bit, I've seen so many but not in a long time so I can't really remember them.

Love the cartmans mums a ***** song

Rivendell
17-12-06, 18:37
There's one they did for the 'Gingers' episode too.

'Daywalkers' is such a funny term, and Cartman's speech is class :vlol:

Ahh Cartman, one of the best characters of all time!

The 'Scott Tenorman must die' ep, he truly proves how totally evil he is, by actually bragging about his master plot that succeeded in getting a farmer to kill Scott's parents, stole their bodies, chopped them up and put them into a chilli, and fed it to Scott. :eek: Severe!

CuteKittenlol
17-12-06, 18:37
Love the cartmans mums a ***** song
You mean Kyle you muppet :p
Cartman sung it, it was about Kyles mum XD

(ha, thats twice Ive proven you wrong :p)

jarhead
17-12-06, 18:39
You mean Kyle you muppet :p
Cartman sung it, it was about Kyles mum XD

(ha, thats twice Ive proven you wrong :p)

oh ha ha ha, yer kyle's mum then.

And my freind is Cartman down to a T, he never stops saying 'there we goooooo' :vlol:

Lenochka
17-12-06, 18:42
Love the show... but they can get alittle over the top sometimes :S

Milking the dog, Ick ( like 6 years old ) having a sexual relationship with his teacher... Kinda over the top, Other then that i love the show to death.

danitiwa
17-12-06, 18:44
oh ha ha ha, yer kyle's mum then.

And my freind is Cartman down to a T, he never stops saying 'there we goooooo' :vlol:

Ooooh, Kyle's mom's a *****, she's a big fat ***** :vlol: I LOVE THAT SONG and stan, who always barfs on wendy.:D

Rivendell
17-12-06, 18:44

:D It's because of Cartman that I say 'Sweeet' and 'God, Damnit'!

I wish he still said 'Kick you Squaah in the nuts' :D - they dropped a load of old catchphrases that I wish they'd kept. Killing Kenny being one of the pasttimes I miss!

jarhead
17-12-06, 18:47
I love the 'Me mnya you mnya SCREW you guys, I'm going home!'

oh and you mean this speech :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0TcYbQFdfo :vlol: ....think again :D

oh yes and who cannot forget the whore off with Paris hilton :vlol:

danitiwa
17-12-06, 18:48
:D It's because of Cartman that I say 'Sweeet' and 'God, Damnit'!

I wish he still said 'Kick you Squaah in the nuts' :D - they dropped a load of old catchphrases that I wish they'd kept. Killing Kenny being one of the pasttimes I miss!

My favorite quote: "Screw You guys, I'm going home." :vlol:, or "I can feel the music burning inside me, I just don't know how to express it you know."

Jacob x5
17-12-06, 18:56
"It's been nearly two hours since everyone crapped their pants, and I'm here live in South Park, Colorado, where chaos has spread through the town." :vlol:

Natla'd
17-12-06, 18:56
I love South Park. Cartman and Butters are my favourite characters, but when I first started watching it, I had a crush on Kyle (shut up, I was young! :D). The South Park movie is my most favourite movie of all time.

in these arms
17-12-06, 18:57
More like anything else, I prefer watching the Simpsons. But I did watch one South Park episode with Mel Gibson in it, that was funny :D But I don't bother with the program, because Simpsons rock. :D

Rivendell
17-12-06, 19:00
Mrs. Garrison's "Oh I can't Wait to get my first period!"

And that was the one I couldn't remember but miss: 'Screw you guys - I'm going home.'

And just the word 'Nhya' instead of 'here' :vlol:

danitiwa
17-12-06, 19:24
Mrs. Garrison's "Oh I can't Wait to get my first period!"

And that was the one I couldn't remember but miss: 'Screw you guys - I'm going home.'

And just the word 'Nhya' instead of 'here' :vlol:

I love it when mr.Garrison says: Ok, now let's try to get an awnser from someone who's not a complete retard. Oh and YOU HAVE GOTTA LOVE Uncle ****er! :vlol:

Rivendell
17-12-06, 19:26
I love it when mr.Garrison says: Ok, now let's try to get an awnser from someone who's not a complete retard.

Exactly! :D I just love they way they present situations and say things that would NEVER happen in reality - a teacher calling a pupil a complete retard, for one.

A teacher putting a gerbil up a sub-teachers backside being another :yik: :vlol:

"A great adventure, is waiting for you ahead- hurry onward Lemmiwinks, or you will soon be dead!"

Metaldud
17-12-06, 19:27
I loved it for a long time, but then it started getting all cheesy with that lame over-dramatic music played for everything, and I hate it, so I don't watch it anymore, though that "My Super Sweet 16" spoof episode with the take on the Three Stooges was brilliant.

Angelus
"How would you like to suck my b****?" :vlol:

I do prefer Family Guy, though.

danitiwa
Exactly! :D I just love they way they present situations and say things that would NEVER happen in reality - a teacher calling a pupil a complete retard, for one.

A teacher putting a gerbil up a sub-teachers backside being another :yik: :vlol:

"A great adventure, is waiting for you ahead- hurry onward Lemmiwinks, or you will soon be dead!"

Did U watch the new one, where MR.G gets fired and starts writing a novel which has the word "*****" in it over 600 times? :vlol:

Family guy never makes me laugh, if you love him so much you should watch south park episode: Cartoon wars, SOOO FUNNY AT THE END IT MADE ME CRAP OF LAUGHTER! "Hello, I am american I am also american, and we LOVE TO CRAP ON EACH OTHER!"

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-06, 19:33
I love South Park lol, one of my favorite episodes are the one of the Wii and the one about World of Warcraft, though sometimes the show is a little too...

Rivendell
17-12-06, 19:36
Ahh the WoW episode is great!

Lol, have you seen 'Fun with weapons' ? :vlol: The part where I think either Kyle or Kenny chucks a throwing star into Butters' head :eek:

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-06, 19:39

Lol, have you seen 'Fun with weapons' ? :vlol: The part where I think either Kyle or Kenny chucks a throwing star into Butters' head :eek:
:vlol: Lol I didnt see the complete episode but I saw that part lol, when Butters starts screaming :vlol:.

Rivendell
17-12-06, 19:42
Aww and the whole episode about Butters: following his dad and not realising he's been going to gay hotspots :vlol:

And Jeez- the sick stuff they make Cartman - an 8 year old do :eek:

He's played with Ben Affleck's dingdong, he's collected semen whilst 'Blindfolded and sucked it out of a hose", he's made people-pie, played with a dog's "red rocket" and had it's milk on his face.. It's sick! :eek:

Natla'd
17-12-06, 19:42
Has the second half of season 10 been shown already in the UK? Where? I watch them on Paramount Comedy, is there some other channel I should be looking at?

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-06, 19:44
Aww and the whole episode about Butters: following his dad and not realising he's been going to gay hotspots :vlol:

And Jeez- the sick stuff they make Cartman - an 8 year old do :eek:

He's played with Ben Affleck's dingdong, he's collected semen whilst 'Blindfolded and sucked it out of a hose", he's made people-pie, played with a dog's "red rocket" and had it's milk on his face.. It's sick! :eek:
:vlol: :vlol: Those episodes are so funny

Rivendell
17-12-06, 19:44
There are a few... internet channels.. that are like youtube.

Well, you can see most of them on youtube anyway.

danitiwa
17-12-06, 19:46

OH YA! THe ninja one! There's that silly Japanese song:"Let's fighting love" I love this part:

Cartman:wait I'll use my other power to see in to the future, but better than kyle.

Stan: Hey dude, that's not fair that's like your fifth power!

cartman: I told you, I am Boroug and Boroug has lots and lots of powers.

Stan: From now on you can only have 1 power.

Cartman:Ok, I have the power, to have all the powers I want.

Stan: Dammit Cartman now you don't get any powers!:mad:

BoyTRaider
17-12-06, 19:50

Lol! :tmb: That was hilarious. :vlol:

Tomb Raider Master
17-12-06, 19:52
I love it. :) Too bad it's not on our TV anymore.

danitiwa
17-12-06, 19:52
Did U guys watch the one where they burnt their teacher in kindergarten and blame it on another guy? :vlol:

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-06, 19:56
Did U guys watch the one where they burnt their teacher in kindergarten and blame it on another guy? :vlol:
Ohh Yeah that episode was so funny, lol they wanted to be firefighters :vlol: :vlol:

danitiwa
17-12-06, 19:57
Ohh Yeah that episode was so funny, lol they wanted to be firefighters :vlol: :vlol:

Ya lol, and then the teacher's machine thingy's batteries run out on the middle of the street!

Jacob x5
17-12-06, 20:02
Has the second half of season 10 been shown already in the UK? Where? I watch them on Paramount Comedy, is there some other channel I should be looking at?

I watched them via the internet.

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-06, 20:05
Ya lol, and then the teacher's machine thingy's batteries run out on the middle of the street!
Lol and when she says that they did it and the police still arrested the boy who didnt do it again lol :vlol:

Rivendell
17-12-06, 20:07
Hehe and how everyone who went past her thought she was just 'plain rude' in her cabbaged state of no-batteries :vlol:

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-06, 20:13
Hehe and how everyone who went past her thought she was just 'plain rude' in her cabbaged state of no-batteries :vlol:
lol yeah :vlol: :vlol: that episode was very funny. :D

Rivendell
17-12-06, 20:17
I'm watching the one 'It hits the fan' where they keep saying the S word that means poop. :D It's so funny, now everyone thinks its ok to say because it was on TV - an old couple come out of a shop called '**** ' things' and say "Wow dear there was some nice **** in there! Too bad I've got **** for cash at the moment!"

danitiwa
17-12-06, 20:22
I'm watching the one 'It hits the fan' where they keep saying the S word that means poop. :D It's so funny, now everyone thinks its ok to say because it was on TV - an old couple come out of a shop called '**** ' things' and say "Wow dear there was some nice **** in there! Too bad I've got **** for cash at the moment!"

lol did U watch the one where chef is rebeling against the south Park flag cause it's racist??! And then the guys in the white suits come along... (what are they called again? The something clan?)

Tomb Raider 5194
17-12-06, 20:23

Its that the one were a counter appears at the corner of the screen counting how much times they say it? That one was very funny :vlol:

Rivendell
17-12-06, 20:24
lol did U watch the one where chef is rebeling against the south Park flag cause it's racist??! And then the guys in the white suits come along... (what are they called again? The something clan?)

The Ku Klux Klan! hehe yeah.

If you haven't already, then watch 'Red Hot Catholic Love' - about the Vatican. It's so funny!

danitiwa
17-12-06, 20:46
Its that the one were a counter appears at the corner of the screen counting how much times they say it? That one was very funny :vlol:

Oh ya, and then this beast thingy comes out and kills everybody? And at the end cartman says: "and Kenny didn't die!" And then all kenny's organs pour out?:)
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/rjo0645l.jpg Riv, take a look at this! :vlol: