PDA

View Full Version : Where's the search link?

GlennNZ
18-12-06, 01:33
This is embarrassing. I'm trying to search the forums but I can't find the 'search' link. Ctrl-F ing the page doesn't find anything beyond 'se....'. Shouldn't it be under forum tools or something?

The faq says:
To access the search feature, click on the "search" link at the top of most pages. but I can't see it.

This is got to be the most dumb question I have ever asked on a forum, sorry.

george_croft
18-12-06, 01:45
There is no search engine on TRF:(
But you can use Google:D

Lord Icon
18-12-06, 03:53
Welcome to our forums GlennNZ.

The search function has been disabled to save bandwidth.

BoyTRaider
18-12-06, 03:58
Welcome to the forums :)

Too bad, the search engine was so useful.

GlennNZ
18-12-06, 04:20
That's a shame, I hope google is up to the task. Most forum moderators get brassed off when people don't search first.

I suppose a site-only search can be accomplished using the site:tombraiderforums.com search constraint. At the moment you guys have 214,000 pages indexed.

jamieoliver22
19-12-06, 11:17
You can search the forums using my temporal search facility found here:

http://www.alpha-lite.co.uk/tombraider/index.php

ELEN
19-12-06, 13:56
Most forum moderators get brassed off when people don't search first.

Where did you see that here? The mods only ask you to read the stickies and announcements first, in case you find a solution there. But if you ask something that has been asked before, the mods never tell you anything. Correct me if I'm wrong :wve:

Simulation
19-12-06, 19:47
Most forum moderators get brassed off when people don't search first.

I know that is true of a lot of sites, but not here :)

daventry
19-12-06, 20:36
Thank you very much for your pacience with me Bokkie and ELEN :hug:

With the Search disabled, its like im Torchering the two Admins with an Impossible Thread that just wont turn up its ugly face. :o

Whats worse, the Mods cant Search either. :(

Thanks very much TLR Online for keeping the Board alive with the few things that is still Active around here, you are doing a very good Job. :D

jamieoliver22
19-12-06, 21:10
With the Search disabled, its like im Torchering the two Admins with an Impossible Thread that just wont turn up its ugly face. :o

*Cough*

http://www.alpha-lite.co.uk/tombraider/index.php

:D

Simulation
19-12-06, 21:16
I gave it a go Jamie :tmb: very handy

jamieoliver22
19-12-06, 21:30
I gave it a go Jamie :tmb: very handy

Thanks, I was hoping for it to be a temporary solution to the search problem but it didn't seem to take of that much. I did contact Justin a while back if he wanted to add it to the forums while the main search is down, but he never replied.

I am going to update it later to add support to search TRC straight from it which will make another useful tool also. It would be handy though if it was added to the forums, just for now. Could you spread the word, please? :p

EDIT: I am currently coding a new script that will allow cross site searching all on the same page. I will upload the final thing tonight.

Thanks,
Jamie.

GlennNZ
19-12-06, 22:50
Where did you see that here? The mods only ask you to read the stickies and announcements first, in case you find a solution there. But if you ask something that has been asked before, the mods never tell you anything. Correct me if I'm wrong :wve:

Sorry, I was a bit vague. Yes, many of the busy forums, especially some linux forums have a lot of the same questions asked many times.

tlr online
19-12-06, 22:50
This is embarrassing. I'm trying to search the forums but I can't find the 'search' link. Ctrl-F ing the page doesn't find anything beyond 'se....'. Shouldn't it be under forum tools or something?

The faq says:
but I can't see it.

This is got to be the most dumb question I have ever asked on a forum, sorry.

We hid it on purpose to annoy the members. ;)

DREWY
19-12-06, 23:07
And you think he's joking :vlol: