PDA

View Full Version : Latest Resident Evil Extinction article -

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 19:07
Link to the article is here (http://movies.ign.com/articles/751/751224p1.html).

Sadly, it looks as though this could be the final RE movie, and it doesn't appear to have Jill!! I just hope they have a suitable explanation for her abscence, lol!

Tomb Raider 5194
18-12-06, 19:10
But weren't there plans for a 4th title calle AfterLife?
Anyways thanks for posting :wve:

BoyTRaider
18-12-06, 19:11
Hmm... I thought there were 2 more coming.

CuteKittenlol
18-12-06, 19:11
I hope its not the last RE film :(
And no Jill :yik:
But Claire is in it, so its not all bad, Hurrah for Claire :D

Thanks for posting Moose :D

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 19:12
Right, I thought so as well! Oh well, perhaps it would be better to end the series here.

Or better yet, another studio can pick up the franchise and leave that horrid Jovovich out :D

@SLAVE: True, but it's Ali Larter who's playing her :(

Tomb Raider 5194
18-12-06, 19:18
I hope they stay true to her character and dont make her an alcoholic or smethign similiar.:(

peffect
18-12-06, 19:26
Right, I thought so as well! Oh well, perhaps it would be better to end the series here.

Or better yet, another studio can pick up the franchise and leave that horrid Jovovich out :D

:vlol:

Angelx14
18-12-06, 19:30
Aww that's sad. I hope it's not truth and will have the fourth film too. I really love that film.. ^__^
Thanks for posting.

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 19:36
I hope they stay true to her character and dont make her an alcoholic or smethign similiar.:(

Oh I know! I hated it when they had Jill smoking :(

Oh well, I will remain positive until the film's release. Also, after seeing her act in Heroes, I am not as dreadful of Larter's performance as I was, so perhaps there is a light at the end of this undead tunnel :D

Tomb Raider 5194
18-12-06, 19:45
Oh I know! I hated it when they had Jill smoking :(

Oh well, I will remain positive until the film's release. Also, after seeing her act in Heroes, I am not as dreadful of Larter's performance as I was, so perhaps there is a light at the end of this undead tunnel :D
Ohh yes it bothered me a little to see Jill smoking :eek:, but yeah I hope Ali Larter plays Claire well. :)

Agent 47
18-12-06, 19:49
final RE film??

good, i hope they don't make more because it would be a shame for this franchise to go beyond it's lifespan and become a parody of itself....3 is enough i think

many franchise's (movies) have gone on way too long and been dreadful

last ever article i read on RE3 was that Jill would be in it, i say this because it speculated Jill would be killed off.....fans on RE forums were not pleased at all :mad:

kill Claire, keep Jill...the original Resi heroine :jmp:

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 19:51
last ever article i read on RE3 was that Jill would be in it, i say this because it speculated Jill would be killed off.....fans on RE forums were not pleased at all :mad:

Yeah, that was the last article I saw as well, but then I noticed that Sienna Guillory was no longer on the Cast list....and then this article that doesn't even mention her, but mentions the Nurse Betty character. I am hoping that they explain she just went to Europe or something, because I would really hate it if they killed her off; especially without at least showing it, lol!

Tomb Raider 5194
18-12-06, 19:52
final RE film??

good, i hope they don't make more because it would be a shame for this franchise to go beyond it's lifespan and become a parody of itself....3 is enough i think

many franchise's (movies) have gone on way too long and been dreadful

kill Claire, keep Jill...the original Resi heroine :jmp:
How about if neither of them die:D.
Lol I doubt they would kill out Jill, I am not a Jill fan but there are lots of fans of her and she, although I like Claire much better, its true she is the true heroine of RE.

Spitfire
18-12-06, 20:17
But weren't there plans for a 4th title calle AfterLife?
Anyways thanks for posting :wve:
Afterlife was the original Name, they changed it to extinction. They had plans for a trilogy for some time and weren't sure about making anymore than that. so this will be the final one.

-DEBUG
18-12-06, 20:20
Shame that this is where it ends, but it looks good, have you seen the new still of Alice and her machetes :D looks excellent :D

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 20:21
Well, I am still not sure I like Alice's look, or her machete's....but that may just be because I despise the character of Alice :D

-DEBUG
18-12-06, 20:24
I love Alice! :jmp: or maybe i just love Milla Jovovich :p I like her new look, kinda suits instead over having her overly sexed up to appeal to teens :)

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 20:27
I don't mind Jovovich so bad, but the Alice character absolutely ruined the films for me, lol.

Lenochka
18-12-06, 20:33
I couldn't care less if Jill is gone or not... Sienna didn't do well as playing Jill at all... In the games Jill is a normal woman who is basically thrown into the world of survivor horror... In the movie she was all " If it comes down to that, I'll take care of that by myself " , " who the **** are you? " Jill isn't suppose to be an angsty little priss :whi: Why the heck would sienna not return anyways? Did she choose not to? ( I mean she isn't exactly a A list celeb i would imagine she would be grabbing any role she could get ) or did they kill her off like they did to angie.

Tomb Raider 5194
18-12-06, 20:37
I couldn't care less if Jill is gone or not... Sienna didn't do well as playing Jill at all... In the games Jill is a normal woman who is basically thrown into the world of survivor horror... In the movie she was all " If it comes down to that, I'll take care of that by myself " , " who the **** are you? " Jill isn't suppose to be an angsty little priss :whi: Why the heck would sienna not return anyways? Did she choose not to? ( I mean she isn't exactly a A list celeb i would imagine she would be grabbing any role she could get ) or did they kill her off like they did to angie.
Yeah the Jill from the movie wasnt the same to the one in the game, Jill was a little more nicer and sweet, and the same thing might be happening to Claire :(, I mean Claire having a "Caravan of Survivors", its a little non-claire, but Lets see when the movie comes out.

Lenochka
18-12-06, 20:39
I mean Claire having a "Caravan of Survivors", its a little non-claire, but Lets see when the movie comes out.

Well... I don't know i can kinda see it. She is a nice girl who cares for people a lot ( sherry birkin... Spent like half the game trying to find and help her ) I think we just didn't see the willing to help side of her much since she had a side agenda in the games... finding her brother.

Tomb Raider 5194
18-12-06, 20:44
Well... I don't know i can kinda see it. She is a nice girl who cares for people a lot ( sherry birkin... Spent like half the game trying to find and help her ) I think we just didn't see the willing to help side of her much since she had a side agenda in the games... finding her brother.
But I am a little under the impression since she is dressed like a Tough girl, and yeah Claire is kind-hearted in the games.

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 20:46
I'm starting to think that they killed Jill off.

Perhaps due to scheduling conflicts when she was filming Eragon?

Lenochka
18-12-06, 20:58
Hmm for some reason i think Jill will still be there... Wikipedia still mentions her as an official cast member, I'm sure if any news of jill not returning would be on there posted by an angry fan or something. I did read off a website that sienna will most likely play jill ( Also she absolutely looooved the role from what i can remember from the commentary off the apocalypse DVD ) yet she hasn't officially told anyone if she will return or not.

Lara's Boy
18-12-06, 21:02
Hm....it would be nice to know for sure either way. I just read an older IGN article where they say something to the effect of "sadly it appears Sienna Guillory will not be part of this project." I'll fetch the link in a bit (edit, link is here) (http://movies.ign.com/articles/721/721308p1.html). Also, if there were another actress that was going to play her, then surely they would announce it, right? At any rate, I am not placing hopes in any direction until I see the movie, lol.

Lenochka
18-12-06, 21:44
Ooh i see... Well maybe she will be replaced with a person who can actually play Jill a lot better... though i highly doubt it. They seem in the middle of production. I really hope that they are just guessing. I didn't like sienna's way of playing Jill but she (Jill) is one of the most well known survival woman out there... I doubt fans will be happy. I'm really hoping we get specific answers soon. Supposedly the trailer will be released february.

Damn just came across this
no-nonsense tough girl Claire Redfield
Does this mean claire is gonna be another jill... oi vey! i really hope not :(

EDIT: was looking around wikipedia and found this :vlol: thought it was kinda funny

ALICE
Alias: Janus Prospero
Sex: Male
Hair: Reddish Brown
Height: 5 ft 8 in
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Bluish green
Previous Experience: Special Reconnaissance
Expertise: Surveillance, Hand to Hand Combat
Enemies: Umbrella Corporation, Nemesis

Always thought Alice was to flat to be a woman :vlol: