PDA

View Full Version : TV series

Geck-o-Lizard
18-12-06, 22:11
Hey.

My dad's looking for a DVD box set that he can buy as a family Christmas present to watch over the holidays. My sister already bought him the first season of Lost as her main Christmas gift to him, which was the one he was looking at initially (I asked him to hold on so I could see if I could find anything better, rather than suggesting he should get the second season :tea:)

He's quite keen on the action/adventure/suspense drama style like 24 and Lost. Can any of you recommend another similar series? I've already got Prison Break marked in my mind but I've already seen it all so it wouldn't be as enjoyable for me. ;)

Scottlee
18-12-06, 22:12
X-Files is my personal favourite. I've watched my way through six seasons of it so far.

jjbennett
18-12-06, 22:14
NCIS is good, CSI and what about a comedy like family guy or you cant fo wrong with the simpsons.

J.

Tomb Raider 5194
18-12-06, 22:15
Hmmmm... How about Alias or CSI?:)

2kool4u
18-12-06, 22:18
OMG THE SHEILD. IT IS THE BEST CRIME DRAMA EVER. GET EVERY SEASON!!!!! There are i think 5 so far. This will get your dad happy!!!

Rivendell
18-12-06, 22:21
X-Files is my personal favourite. I've watched my way through six seasons of it so far.

X Files All the way. :D

It's seriously my favourite series of all time, Lost being a close second.

I watched every single episode over the summer, and I'm gagging to watch them all again.

:D

Geck-o-Lizard
18-12-06, 22:24
OMG THE SHEILD. IT IS THE BEST CRIME DRAMA EVER. GET EVERY SEASON!!!!! There are i think 5 so far. This will get your dad happy!!!

Is that the one with the NYPD, where one of the main characters is a big butch bald guy? I think I saw a couple of episodes of that on channel 5 a couple of years back.

2kool4u
18-12-06, 22:25
no its witj the LAPD. hold on while i look you up some info. :)

2kool4u
18-12-06, 22:27
here is a preview.
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/main.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shield
'there you go!!

Apofiss
18-12-06, 22:28
What about Prison Brake (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455275/)?

2kool4u
18-12-06, 22:30
I always found it boring IMO but the shield is more intense.

Geck-o-Lizard
18-12-06, 22:31
here is a preview.
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield/main.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shield
'there you go!!

So it is the one with the bald guy! :D LA, NY, same thing. XD

Apofiss - I've already seen Prison Break, so I'm hoping to find something new that I haven't seen yet that we can watch. ;)

2kool4u
18-12-06, 22:34
[QUOTE=Geck-o-Lizard;1428541]So it is the one with the bald guy! :D LA, NY, same thing. XDQUOTE]
same thing lol NY is better than LA. Hope you like it or get it lol. I like this show. :D

Mr.Burns
18-12-06, 23:45
*coughs* Well, this is a bit far fetched option but... the new Battlestar Galactica is a pretty good show. It's more of a drama that happens to take place in space. It's gotten some damn good reviews over here.

Celephais
19-12-06, 09:16
What about Band Of Brothers? It follows the exploits of an American Parartroop Regiment during WW 2, from basic training up to capturing Hitler's Bertesgaden mountain reteat. It's certainly what I woud class as "adventure", albeit it places an emphasis on realsim rather than cartoon action hero exploits. I got a 5 CD box set for a good price in MVC or Virgin or someplace like that a while ago.

Angelus
19-12-06, 11:09
What about Family Guy? Or Roseanne? They're good for the family... well, maybe not Family Guy... :p

spence
19-12-06, 20:23
X Files All the way. :D

It's seriously my favourite series of all time, Lost being a close second.

I watched every single episode over the summer, and I'm gagging to watch them all again.

:D

I'd have to agree with Rivendell.

or try Millenium

BlueJunkie
19-12-06, 20:25
Without A Trace? :p

Anubis_AF
19-12-06, 20:26
Alias :tmb:

Lara's Boy
19-12-06, 20:26
Well, I see it's already been recommended, but I would agree with Alias. It's pretty actiony, it's dramatic, and it's pretty well acted. Season three and four aren't as great as the first two, but I would say getting at least the first season would be a good idea :wve:

Also, if you don't already have it, Season One of Dark Angel may be up his alley :wve:

Mona Sax
19-12-06, 20:45
How about Magnum P.I.? It's got plenty of action and adventure, plus an irresistible Tom Selleck. Well, maybe your dad can do without the latter.

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-12-06, 20:52
Dark Angel!!!

Atlantean-Squid
19-12-06, 21:01
Life on Mars is rather brilliant & fits what it sounds like you're looking for.

stereopathic
20-12-06, 01:24
what about HU$TLE or La Femme Nikita? the other suggestions i would heartily agree with are The Shield, Battlestar Galactica and Band of Brothers. all of them are truly great shows. BoB is incredible. Rescue Me might also be an option, although there's less action, more drama. great show, tho.

DREWY
20-12-06, 01:31
Dark Angel!!!

This scores my vote. Jessica Alba, need I say more :cln:
And not a bad first series. 2nd was only so so.

amlai
20-12-06, 02:07
This scores my vote. Jessica Alba, need I say more :cln:
And not a bad first series. 2nd was only so so.

Agree....Dark Angel, first seasoon was great, second to much Sci-fi for a nearly future. It's a shame it was cancelled.

Another: X-file, Alias... if i remember another i will post it :wve:

george_croft
20-12-06, 06:09
20 years of Oprah ? :whi: :D