PDA

View Full Version : just to be on the safe side

Gabi
20-12-06, 11:13
I downloaded and installed Windows Media Player 11, but have not actually needed it yet. I now get asked to validate my copy of Windows, DETAILS HERE (http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/PrivacyInfo.aspx) and would like to know if this is genuine.
Does anyone know?

Thank you :wve:

Bullethail
20-12-06, 11:24
Sounds fishy. I'd wait.

Agent 47
20-12-06, 11:46
basically a hidden programme checks if your Windows is legit....a genuine copy and not a pirate

if your Windows is original it will install with no problems, if however you are using an illegal copy of Windows it won't install

the validation tool, if installed, will give you the following message upon boot up of your PC

"this copy of windows is not legal,you maybe the victim of software piracy. please contact........."

and some symbol appears in your task bar :mad:

EscondeR
20-12-06, 11:47
I downloaded and installed Windows Media Player 11, but have not actually needed it yet. I now get asked to validate my copy of Windows, DETAILS HERE (http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/PrivacyInfo.aspx) and would like to know if this is genuine.

It's strange that you're asked to validate only now and not when you downloaded it ;)
But all seems legal for me (Linked page I mean), so don't worry and run it... ;) Hope your copy of Windows is not pirate... Kiddin :D

Gabi
20-12-06, 12:07
;) Hope your copy of Windows is not pirate... Kiddin :D

So do I :p . It was installed by the manufacturer.

Thank you :) .

Greenkey2
20-12-06, 12:42
Yes, this is a genuine message from Microsoft and not a scam :wve:

However, if you are running an illegal copy of Windows, it will bring up a message that says "kiss goodbye to your computer sucker!!!" and all of the electrical wiring in your house will spontaneously melt in a fizzling blue explosion :mis: :pi:

Gabi
20-12-06, 12:56
However, if you are running an illegal copy of Windows, it will bring up a message that says "kiss goodbye to your computer sucker!!!" and all of the electrical wiring in your house will spontaneously melt in a fizzling blue explosion :mis: :pi:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/Gabicats/Smilies/huch.gif

Cord_Croft
20-12-06, 12:57
Yes, this is a genuine message from Microsoft and not a scam :wve:

I bet it would look cool :p

Greenkey2
20-12-06, 12:59
Did I also say it would play the Benny Hill theme while it's at it? :whi:

EscondeR
20-12-06, 16:23

Yep, Microsoft is PRO at crashes of any kind... :tea:

Angelus
20-12-06, 16:40
Did I also say it would play the Benny Hill theme while it's at it? :whi:

Haha! :vlol: