PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst injury you have ever endured

xcrushterx
20-12-06, 21:22
mines is a cross between when i fell and hit my face of a wooden thing and nearly broke my nose(i have a huge ugly scar on my nose now) and the time someone(accidently) kicked me full force in the eye (i had a black eye for days)

EDIT: forgot one. I fell a few years ago and cut my wrist (thank god it wasnt a deep cut)

Angel_14
20-12-06, 21:26
Mine is when I slipped on a Kurtis picture, fell down the stairs and almost broke my leg XD

Mona Sax
20-12-06, 21:28
I cracked my skull when I fell off a table. I was about 3 then, I hope there's no permanent damage. ;)

xcrushterx
20-12-06, 21:28
is that true.
If it is i wont be surprised if your a GROKer

Angel_14
20-12-06, 21:29
It's true. ;)

jarhead
20-12-06, 21:30
Feel from a bouncy castle and landed on my neck/back

Angel_14
20-12-06, 21:30
I cracked my skull when I fell off a table. I was about 3 then, I hope there's no permanent damage. ;)

Mona: I cracked my skull, when I was three. Hope, there's no permanent damage
Mona: I cracked my skull when I was three. Hope, there's no permanent damage

:p

Geck-o-Lizard
20-12-06, 21:31
When I was 3 or 4, I fell down some granite steps on my tricycle and landed face-first on the gravel driveway. I got a chunk of gravel lodged in my forehead which the doctor had to extract. I've still got a bump on my head where it happened. >_>

xcrushterx
20-12-06, 21:31
ouch. Then i wont blame you if you despise kurtis. *realises what im saying* why would i blame you in the first place i hate kurtis too. :hug:

Ampersand
20-12-06, 21:40
I think I'm quite lucky not to have suffered any great damage. I've had the odd mishap, like falling off my bike and having the garage door slammed on my head, but nothing much worse. :cln:

Rivendell
20-12-06, 21:56
I tripped up a badly made brick staircase when I was 5, and cracked the side of my forhead open on the corner of a jagged brick.

To this day I still remember squirming and squealing as they tried to stitch it up.

tr_mitch
20-12-06, 21:58
I've never been seriously injured, So none really stick out in my mind, and i hope it stays that way. *crosses fingers*

Apofiss
20-12-06, 22:06
Ehh quite few like accidentally cat my hand with scalpel, felt from different heights (luckily nothing too serious), stepped on a nail, but not too deep.. etc.. hard to decide the worst one XD

xcrushterx
20-12-06, 22:10
what was the highest height you fell?
i forgot one (see first post)

domina
20-12-06, 22:18
The only bone I ever broke was one of my toes.

I've sprained my ankles a few times, jammed a few fingers playing football (American), and I accidently stabbed my left index finger with a pair of scissors. I think I may have damaged a nerve actually because it didn't hurt at all, but it was really deep and wouldn't stop bleeding.

I fell out of a tree once, too. Busted open my lip and got some cuts on my face. And my mom tells me that I fell down a flight of stairs when I was really little, but I don't remember it at all.

But that's it. I've been pretty lucky. :) *knocks on wood*

Apofiss
20-12-06, 22:20
I could be a bit wrong there.. about 4 - 5 m on a solid concrete, no broken bones tho.

jarhead
20-12-06, 22:24
oh yer and I'm forever burning and cutting myself, from cooking mainly

Scottlee
20-12-06, 22:29
I actually died. I left my body in 1997 after sticking my fingers into a plug socket.

I exist now only as an online personality program, expanding and evolving my knowledge as time goes by.

Kamrusepas
20-12-06, 22:35
Nothing bad, surprisingly. I was a little hellraiser as a kid but I managed to avoid any serious injuries. I've never even broken a leg or an arm.

saray
20-12-06, 22:36
umm... i broke my two fingers and my wrist..

and i walked into a table when i was two.. i still have the scar on my forehead ... but its teeny.

xMiSsCrOfTx
20-12-06, 22:39
Thankfully I haven't had to endure many traumatic injuries, but there was this one time when I was around four years old... I was excited that it was my birthday, and I was running around with balloons. The strings hanging off them were so long, they tangled around my legs and I tripped and my eye hit directly against the corner of my bed. I didn't need stitches, but the cut was really deep and I was rushed into the ER.

It's really funny, though... Because I can remember the exact song that was playing in the car on my way to the ER. Scary.

Ada the Mental
20-12-06, 22:41
The worst thing that happened was breaking my knee,during the holidays.I was spending my holidays at my grandfather's village.I was climbing with some friends over the fence of the village's playground(which is incidentally built on a hill),I jumped down and I was stupid enough to land on a rock.So I sort of twisted my knee.

Even worse was the fact when I got rid of the splint the doctor told me it was not really broken.:mad: So I lost the last three weeks of my holidays.

Oh,and I've sprained both of my ankles about a billion times each.

Nothing really serious as you can see.<<And I shouldn't have said that,because the last time I said I never had a serious accident was ten minutes before I actually hurt my knee.:vlol:I hope I won't die in my sleep now,or something!:p

rika2
20-12-06, 22:42
I broke someone's finger and also someone's arm... Does that count?

SSJ6Wolf
20-12-06, 23:12
Nothing too serious, fortunately. The worst injury was probably when I was cutting a toe nail and the nail clippers snapped shut and flew up. There's this little sphere at the tip of the pivotal point on the clippers, and it pierced my finger. That puncture lasted for weeks.

Apparently I slammed my head into a fireplace when I was little, but I don't remember that. :p

Ikas90
20-12-06, 23:16
I've had several injuries that are quite embarassing to tell...

I fell of a tree and landed on my back on the ground :o

And I kicked the concrete steps and peeled the whole front of my toe off :yik:

Hurrah4Lara
20-12-06, 23:41
OUCH to all those^^! Well, I have had some "interesting" ones. Heh, I am 42 so I have had plenty of time!

I once had a bad one on the side of my head, with consolation of many gold teeth:D! So my nickname at work is T-X (as Terminator III) because I am supposedly made of metal:cln:! Oh well, my hands are intact so I can still play my beloved rock-piano:jmp:!

H4L:wve: [Jessika]

Thorir
20-12-06, 23:46
I broke my NECK! :D

I fell down and landed on my back/head on a hard concrete floor when I was around 5. I broke a tiny bone in the neck, right next to the scull. Nothing serious, I got a concussion and had to stay in hospital for a night. Not too painful. I fainted right after the fall anyway and woke up at the hospital. ;)

2kool4u
20-12-06, 23:47
When i was 5 i rode my first bike i fell off it and the bike pedal pierced straight through my leg.

Mad Tony
20-12-06, 23:48
Like several other members here, I have never endured any seriously bad injuries.
But I did come close to losing my eye once.
A golf ball hit me in the face at full speed, and missed my eye and landed about a centimeter below.
All I had was a black eye that lasted for about a week or two.
Nothing serious, but only because it missed my eye.
Thankfully.

tr_mitch
21-12-06, 00:02
A golf ball hit me in the face at full speed,

LMFAO!!!
But im glad your ok. :)

Scottlee
21-12-06, 00:11
A golf ball hit me in the face at full speed

If it was travelling at full speed then you must have been standing right in front of the golfer as he took his shot. As such, I have little sympathy. :)

viper456
21-12-06, 00:11
LMFAO!!!

lmao mitch , meean :p

well two things really. (3 if you include the fact i was born with a dislocated hip and wasnt actually discovered till i was about 1 yrs old. Had a metal plate in my leg :D)

First was in teh playground when i was little when those bloody yoyo's were the in thing. Some idiot tried to do the around the world trick as i walked past and hit me in the face with the yoyo lmao :mad: as a result i got a permenent lump on the very top part of my forehead. I find its only really a lump when im stressed now though :o:confused: lmao

Second, was when i was messing about in the house and i had a water pistol.

A week before i tripped and hit the mirror in the bathroom which was screwed onto the wall and cracked a corner off it, but it was kept there because it was practical until we got a new one.

well any way, i was squirting my mum with the water pistol and she had been going to self defense at the local gym, and tried to disarm me by hitting my hand of fthe wall.. my hand hit the corner of the mirror and cut my finger right open. It went that deep i didnt actually feel it and i kept laughing and trying to spray my mum...who by this point had gone pale and wrapped the finger up in a flanel and told me to hold it tight and not look lmao

When i did look (cause lets face it who wouldnt..) I could see all the tendents in my finger :| it was gross. Got a scar on it now, not to big though

Yeah im a clutz

Mad Tony
21-12-06, 00:12
LMFAO!!!
Yeah.
At the time it was no where near a laughing matter, as when I got hit I didn't know if I still had my eye, neither did my parents. ;)
But 15 minutes later, I actually found it mildly humorous, and looking back on the incident now, it seems like quite a comical incident.

@Scott: No that wasn't how I got hit. :o

tr_mitch
21-12-06, 00:14
Yeah.
At the time it was no where near a laughing matter, as when I got hit I didn't know if I still had my eye, neither did my parents. ;)

And your winking at me because?

Mad Tony
21-12-06, 00:16
I don't know. :p
Just reinforcing that at the time it wasn't funny, but now that I'm ok and everything, it is. XD

viper456
21-12-06, 00:16

guess his eye was more effected than he first thought lol

tr_mitch
21-12-06, 00:17

LMFAO.

Mad Tony
:vlol:
Didn't even hit the eye actually, just below.
I was very, very lucky actually.

jarhead

LMAO

well your probaly unluck yconsidering the ball hit you, and well golf courses dont mean your in confined spaces.

viper456
21-12-06, 00:19
Didn't even hit the eye actually, just below.
I was very, very lucky actually.

it reminds me of when my grandma , bless her soul, was playing with her poodle at the park with a golf ball of all things. She threw it up really high in the air, the dog ran around in a circle watching it and the ball landed on its head lmao

as from that day that dog never actually played fetch EVER again, seriously lmao poor thing.

Mad Tony
21-12-06, 00:20
well your probaly unluck yconsidering the ball hit you, and well golf courses dont mean your in confined spaces.
It wasn't on a golf course either. :o
The circumstances where somewhat different from what you guys probably thought.

tr_mitch
Mad Tony!

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/7086/child4oz3.jpg

Mad Tony
Mad Tony!

Huh? :vlol:
Like I said before, it didn't touch my eye.

viper456
21-12-06, 00:21
Mad Tony!

LMFAO!!!!!! :vlol:!!

jarhead
21-12-06, 00:24
Mad Tony!

LMFAO :vlol:

*falls off chair*

But the eye patch thingy covers just under the eye ;)

tombraider123
21-12-06, 00:40
When I broke my Collar Bone :(

Andariel
21-12-06, 01:06
You poor things! When I was 8 I was playing darts and one of my friends got it stuck in my leg. I was freaking out like crazy and had to pull it out myself! Luckily I was fine.

Mr.Burns
21-12-06, 01:32
hmmm...when I was a kid: Electrocuted myself from sticking hairpins in the electrical outlets (I was 18 months old at the time), had a 6 inch, 5lbs rock dropped on my head (had to go to the ER for that one), bitten by a damned poodle and I accidentally stabbed myself in the hand with a dull pencil.
Oh, and I broke my toe running up some steps.

Since being at my current place of employment:

(NOTE: I'm counting the scars to help remember)

Severely electrocuted twice to the point of not remembering what happened.
Fallen off of a ladder three times (two times into a snow bank and once 2.5 meters onto a 1988 Buick station wagon, nothing broken there).
Smacked in the head with a pole pounder.
Cut open my knee with a dry wall saw.
Cut open my palm with a pair of wire cutters.
Hit my head numerous times on the satellite dishes I was installing.
Sprained my ankle walking through a yard and stepping into a hole that was covered in snow which the homeowner "forgot" to mention.

I've really had too many injuries to classify one of them as "the worst"

And no cracks about all the head injuries I've had:p

Leialte
21-12-06, 02:03
Ehh quite few like accidentally cat my hand with scalpel

o0 I read that as 'cat cut my hand with the scalpel'....

As for me, a few things: I slammed face first into the brick fireplace when I was four -- have a scar across my eyebrow for my pains. Fell out of a tree and broke my wrist in fifth grade. The best part of that was it was my sister's birthday party XD

kunoichi
21-12-06, 03:05
I pratice martial arts for several years (competition = painfull fights!), and so I have a long list of injuries: several muscular ruptures (my legs, my arms), ankle strains that made me invalid for over a month, three wrist strains, one inflamed Achilles tendon, one inflamed right groin (I had to do special trainig for over two months!), one pneunomie, countless oversized bruises, and a recurrent bleeding nose (due to a damn punch I took, it did something in my nose, almost every time I blow it, it bleeds...)... btw, Im a girl :p

But hey! I never broke a bone! :tea:
And I have no scars!!!! :) (with the exception of one almost invisible scar under my left eye ---> My sister throw a rock at me when I was two! )

:tea: Can anyone beat this list? :tea:

Satu
21-12-06, 03:18
My worst would have to be a paper cut :p they really hurt :(

I have been in hospital a few times but not as a result of an injury.

BoyTRaider
21-12-06, 03:37
A piece of a brick stuck through my knee.

Hazzaman
21-12-06, 03:56
the worst thing that has happend to me would have to falling off a motor bike onto gravel and taking off about a 10c piece of skin on the palm of my hand it stung like hell!.! Also I've never been to hospital except to visit people (except when i was born but that doesn't count):p

stereopathic
21-12-06, 05:34
i ruptured two ligaments in my right ankle. i've broken bones and stepped on glass and whatnot but nothing was as painful as that. it's the reason i had to stop playing basketball. :(

viper456
21-12-06, 08:16
You poor things! When I was 8 I was playing darts and one of my friends got it stuck in my leg. I was freaking out like crazy and had to pull it out myself! Luckily I was fine.

oooh my mum once fropped one in my foot when we were on holiday... i think my mother is just out to get me lmao

Bullethail
21-12-06, 09:55
Most painful: Probably one time when I was practicing archery. I fired off an arrow, but I had my thumb positioned wrong. One of the flights caught my thumb, resulting in a VERY painful splinter. It hurt like heck to pull out! O_O

Worst: Cut my index finger with a pen-knife. I had to get three stitches! Now, it's very important to note that it cut from slightly to the right of my fingernail, through the nail, then down the tip of my finger, meaning if had kept going, it could've cut a chunk off my finger. However, thankfully, it wasn't that bad in the end up. It's either this or when I stepped on glass when I was two. Big chunk on a little foot...

Mad Tony
21-12-06, 10:07
hmmm...when I was a kid: Electrocuted myself from sticking hairpins in the electrical outlets (I was 18 months old at the time), had a 6 inch, 5lbs rock dropped on my head (had to go to the ER for that one), bitten by a damned poodle and I accidentally stabbed myself in the hand with a dull pencil.
Oh, and I broke my toe running up some steps.

Since being at my current place of employment:

(NOTE: I'm counting the scars to help remember)

Severely electrocuted twice to the point of not remembering what happened.
Fallen off of a ladder three times (two times into a snow bank and once 2.5 meters onto a 1988 Buick station wagon, nothing broken there).
Smacked in the head with a pole pounder.
Cut open my knee with a dry wall saw.
Cut open my palm with a pair of wire cutters.
Hit my head numerous times on the satellite dishes I was installing.
Sprained my ankle walking through a yard and stepping into a hole that was covered in snow which the homeowner "forgot" to mention.

I've really had too many injuries to classify one of them as "the worst"

And no cracks about all the head injuries I've had:p
Oh Burnsy! :p
That's one heck of a lot. :yik:
I'm glad you came through all right though. :)

CuteKittenlol
21-12-06, 10:31
Mad Tony!

Anyway, for me it must have been when I broke all the fingers on my right hand, that hurt.....alot.
More so than when I broke my arm XD

Greenkey2
21-12-06, 11:07
I actually died. I left my body in 1997 after sticking my fingers into a plug socket.

I exist now only as an online personality program, expanding and evolving my knowledge as time goes by.

Now we know what happened to Agent Smith...:pi:

I've had all sorts of bumps, bruises, cuts and scrapes.

The most painful was probably broken ribs.

danitiwa
21-12-06, 12:14
Once when I cut my thumb pretty deep with a knife, and I was only 4, I still have an ugly scar there. It bled like hell. :eek: And once my sister banged my finger a sharp rock, BY ACCIDENT. That was pretty painfull too. ARGH why is it always the fingers?! lol

Cord_Croft
21-12-06, 12:17
Broke 5 ribs falling off a horse! That hurt...alot:D

TombRaiderLover
21-12-06, 12:18
When my entire finger-nail yanked off.

Terminatorvs
21-12-06, 12:27
When I was four I fell down on my head while standing 50 cm above the floor.
That's the only thing that has ever happened to me.

Ampersand
21-12-06, 12:31
I almost feel guilty reading this thread. I'd better get out there and break some bones.

Geck-o-Lizard
21-12-06, 12:50
Ooh! I remember a couple more. :p

Fell out a tree when I was about 7 or 8, landed flat on my back on top of a huge gnarled old treeroot sticking out the ground. Nothing damaged, just hurt like heck and winded me. Thank goodness for having elastic joints; that'd cause me some serious injury now. :cln:

Also I stuck my fingers in a mains socket when I was 3 or 4. I mean, who wouldn't? Small fingers find small holes in the wall, and the first instinct is to explore. To explore all three holes simultaneously. Zap!

Andromeda66
21-12-06, 13:16
Oh wow!! :eek: Some of these injuries sound super-nasty!! *shudders*

I'm glad I dont have such bad ones.

The worst I could remember, being accident-prone all my life, is the one I got the evening before my birthday when I fell on a broken porcelain pot almost chopping my little toe finger off. Lost an atrocious amount of blood and the worst part were the stitches on the sole of the foot.

stormyhorse
21-12-06, 13:16
When I was 9, I jumped of a high whip and broke my right shoulder (I thought flying should be great - and it was, until I hit the ground).
Later, someone cracked my left knee during a Judo fight. Then my horse threw me in the mud and I cracked my right knee.
Bye, Bye martial arts, it's not longer possible. I could cry, better not thinking about.

Tombrada
21-12-06, 13:18
A dog bite. Very painful... i cried till i could cry no more... it hurts a lot. For a girl, the pain is, er... unbearable?? And it took many weeks to recover. The worst thing is, my skin was like.. mushy (eew!) My hand was swollen, and i couldn't really move it... waa! I HATE THAT DOG! :mad: IT WAS A HUSKY! THE ONES WITH SHARP TEETH! Anyone experienced a dog bite like me? :(

tomblover
21-12-06, 13:20
The worst injury I got was when I was little. I climbed up a bookcase and fell down, I did that 2 times. I apparently like beating myself to death. :vlol: I can't remember it, but it seemed to be painful. Also I've cut myself by mistake on a piece of paper a couple of times, that hurts SO much! :o

Andromeda66
21-12-06, 13:29
A dog bite. Very painful... i cried till i could cry no more... it hurts a lot. For a girl, the pain is, er... unbearable?? And it took many weeks to recover. The worst thing is, my skin was like.. mushy (eew!) My hand was swollen, and i couldn't really move it... waa! I HATE THAT DOG! :mad: IT WAS A HUSKY! THE ONES WITH SHARP TEETH! Anyone experienced a dog bite like me? :(

Yeah but not from a husky!! It was a German Shepherd. Ahh I'd give ANYTHING to be bitten by huskies!! They're SO adorable...I'm no helping am I :whi:

anyways in my case, it wasnt the dog's fault. I was holding the food the wrong way :whi:

My mother got bitten by a horse...she was feeding it something and held out her hand the wrong way and the horse kinda chewed up her hand with the food. Took her ages to heal. Her fingers are still slightly crooked though its not her dominant hand.

The worst injury I got was when I was little. I climbed up a bookcase and fell down. I can't remember it, but it seemed to be painful. Also I've cut myself by mistake on a piece of paper a couple of times, that hurts SO much! :o

I STILL get papercuts, much to the amazement of my friends. The reason has completely eluded me.

Agent 47
21-12-06, 13:31
worst injury ever endured???

well back in 1999 i was in the wrong place at the wrong time....a knife wielding fag got clever and made a threat.....i said "rather than be a freekin wuss........do it"

needless to say he slammed the blade into my left arm..........the cut was so deep i could see the bone

naturally i have a good scar :jmp: point is i was lucky in that a mm either way and i would have lost my arm :( even more shocking is that whilst in hospital having the tendons mended the doctor pulled three teeth from the knife out of the bone :yik: (i kept them as a reminder) :D

Geck-o-Lizard
21-12-06, 13:46
I can't help but say you deserved that one. :whi:

Tombrada
21-12-06, 13:46

well back in 1999 i was in the wrong place at the wrong time....a knife wielding fag got clever and made a threat.....i said "rather than be a freekin wuss........do it"

needless to say he slammed the blade into my left arm..........the cut was so deep i could see the bone

naturally i have a good scar :jmp: point is i was lucky in that a mm either way and i would have lost my arm :( even more shocking is that whilst in hospital having the tendons mended the doctor pulled three teeth from the knife out of the bone :yik: (i kept them as a reminder) :D
Ouchies.

CuteKittenlol
21-12-06, 13:47
When my entire finger-nail yanked off.
That made me shudder and feel sick >.<

Tombrada
21-12-06, 13:49
Omg, I Totally Agree. Lol!:d

Andromeda66
21-12-06, 13:52

Ouchness! *shudder*

You gotta admit that was somewhat foolish. You DO NOT challenge an armed maniac when you arent.

But I'm glad you werent badly injured. :wve:

Agent 47
21-12-06, 13:55
I can't help but say you deserved that one. :whi:

simple matter is.......don't threaten me, either STFU or do it...i hate idle threats. i like honour and integrity, the guy had bottle i'll give him that :D

he got what he deserved later though, violence solves nothing but the lesson learned is

A, don't invite a dude with a knife to do it
B, expect me not to take action when arm is mended :D
C, revenge is a dish best served cold :D
D, if it happens again...JUST BACK AWAY CALMLY

at the time challenging the guy seemed the right thing to do, the positive is that the guy actually went white as a sheet when he saw what he done, but ah well....

the hooliganz
21-12-06, 14:28
i suffered a broken nail, i was walking from the restroom in burger king, the suddenly the door shut, and the ends were pointed, my toe nails bleed because it was pulled out, i tried to keep ita secret, but i can't keep it anymore, i told my mom and they finished their food, after that my uncle carried me, iwas rushed to the ER, and after they told BK stuff to remove the pointed metal at the door

Tombrada
21-12-06, 14:47
i suffered a broken nail, i was walking from the restroom in burger king, the suddenly the door shut, and the ends were pointed, my toe nails bleed because it was pulled out, i tried to keep ita secret, but i can't keep it anymore, i told my mom and they finished their food, after that my uncle carried me, iwas rushed to the ER, and after they told BK stuff to remove the pointed metal at the door OUCHOUCHOUCH!!!!:( you poor guy..

TombRaiderLover
21-12-06, 14:49
That made me shudder and feel sick >.<

I was on my bike, when I crashed and flew off. I rose my right hand in the air and saw one of the nails hanging off from a piece of skin, and blood oozing out.

Eww.

CuteKittenlol
21-12-06, 14:50
I was on my bike, when I crashed and flew off. I rose my right hand in the air and saw one of the nails hanging off from a piece of skin, and blood oozing out.

Eww.
GAH!

I feel really sick now >.<

Thank you Dale, thanks alot :p

TombRaiderLover
21-12-06, 14:51
GAH!

I feel really sick now >.<

Thank you Dale, thanks alot :p

It's OK. :hug: No problem. :p

Angel666
21-12-06, 19:20
Probably last fourth of July when I got a little peice of of metal stuck on the inside of my eyelid.

PirateRose
21-12-06, 19:57
A sprained ankle from pretending to be a Jedi and jumping off a small set of stairs. Lucky it was at work, so I got Workmans comp. for it.

It was at the day care I work at, I was playing with kids. They thought I was pretending to be in pain and wouldn't go for help. So I was sitting there in, grasping my leg in pain, my ankle and foot swelling up to twice the normal size, turning black and blue, and yelling at the kids to get help.

"She's faking it! Don't believe her!" T.T Children are so cute sometimes.

da tomb raider!
21-12-06, 20:15
When I crashed my motorbike into someone's car. I can't recall exactly what happened, but I was 21, and besides a few minor injuries I broke my wrist pretty badly. It hurt very badly at the time. I couldn't use a keyboard or play video games for weeks! :(