PDA

View Full Version : taking screenshots in TRAOD

amitabha
25-12-06, 03:23
Is there a way to take screenshots in AOD?

EscondeR
25-12-06, 04:41
Is there a way to take screenshots in AOD?

I'm not quite sure, but have you tried " key?

Lara Lover
25-12-06, 04:43
Can't you not use Fraps or Irfanview? :wve: Fraps costs but Irfanview is free and there is a tutorial on this website to show you how to create screenshots. ;)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=64487 :D

Merry Christmas. :)

Bokkie
25-12-06, 05:37
Press "Print Screen" button, then paste it into IrfanView, Paint or some other image editing tool.

Joseph
25-12-06, 07:43
The inbuilt default screenshots function in TR:AOD = "Ctrl+Printscreen", but it ALWAYS crashes the game, so that's useless, be warned.
So, use the "Printscreen" button (without Ctrl!), minimize the game, then paste into Paint or other program...

or IrFanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) (select the Printscreen option),
or Fraps (http://www.fraps.com) (use the printscreen hotkey).

shrensh
25-12-06, 22:00
Press "printscreen" (without the ctrl) and then go look in your AoD install folder. There will be a folder called "ScreenShots" that your pictures will be in. The pictures will be in .tga format so you may have to download a programme such as Irfanview to view them. The .tga files are quite big too (5MB in size), so if you're taking pictures using the Printscreen key you should clear out the ScreenShots folder regularly.

ctrl + Printscreen doesn't crash the game for me, but it does make an absolutely massive screenshot (45MB in size).

amitabha
25-12-06, 22:05
thank you :)

Joseph
25-12-06, 23:36
ctrl + Printscreen doesn't crash the game for me, but it does make an absolutely massive screenshot (45MB in size).
You can set the filesize by the slider on the "General" tab in Settings. Keep it towards the left side for smallest.

shrensh
26-12-06, 08:37
You can set the filesize by the slider on the "General" tab in Settings. Keep it towards the left side for smallest.
Ah, thanks. Putting the slider all the way to the left makes it only 20MB in size :p

abraham
26-12-06, 08:39
unpatched it doesnt crash.

Joseph
26-12-06, 17:24
Who wants to play AOD upatched.

amitabha
26-12-06, 23:41
i'm using irfanview and was wondering if I could change the key to anything but CRL + or ALT + as it interfers with my pose for lara.

Joseph
26-12-06, 23:54
Irfanview Screenshot Hotkey = Ctrl + F11.

But you can alter to anything you like.

Options > Capture Screenshot... > type in another hotkey (or combo). :)

ELEN
27-12-06, 13:04
The inbuilt default screenshots function in TR:AOD = "Ctrl+Printscreen", but it ALWAYS crashes the game, so that's useless, be warned.
So, use the "Printscreen" button (without Ctrl!), minimize the game, then paste into Paint or other program...

Print Screen (without Ctrl) works for me. It saves the TGA files into the Screenshots folder. On another PC, this made the game crash, so I had to use FRAPS.

abraham
28-12-06, 04:27
Who wants to play AOD upatched.

for those who want to check out the hidden content out of the game