PDA

View Full Version : The iPod troubles never end!

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-12-06, 16:02
I just got an iPod Video for Christmas, and I'm trying to set it up. I followed the instructions and went to www.itunes.com to download the newest version of iTunes Setup. It took about two hours (because I'm on dial up) and once it finished, I tried opening it. It was a .EXE file, and it said it couldn't be verified or something. It wouldn't open. It's saying it's not a valid Win32 application.

Do I need to download it again? Was there a problem with my download? Of course the online support is down due to site maintanence.

:hea:

Cochrane
26-12-06, 08:11
Sounds like your download failed. However, a CD with iTunes should be included in the package of your iPod.

There is also one other thing, but I don't know whether that works on Windows, too: When you connect your iPod to your computer, you might see it as a hard drive (if not, that's correct too, I just forgot which setting is default). Look on that hard drive, it is possible that it includes an iTunes installer file somewhere.

EscondeR
26-12-06, 08:18
I just got an iPod Video for Christmas, and I'm trying to set it up. I followed the instructions and went to www.itunes.com to download the newest version of iTunes Setup. It took about two hours (because I'm on dial up) and once it finished, I tried opening it. It was a .EXE file, and it said it couldn't be verified or something. It wouldn't open. It's saying it's not a valid Win32 application.

Do I need to download it again? Was there a problem with my download? Of course the online support is down due to site maintanence.

:hea:

Did you use any download manager? If yes it can be the cause of the problem - anyway, if it is saying "Non Win32 application" the file is corrupt :(

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-12-06, 13:27
My iPod didn't even come with an iTunes disc to download the program. I already have iTunes on my computer, but it isn't the newest version, which I think you need for the iPod Video. So I went to www.apple.com, followed the link they give you in the instruction manual, and tried to download the newest version of iTunes directly from there.

I'm thinking of calling the Apple store, or some iPod support number and ask them if they've got a disc they can send me. If the file is corrupt, sounds like I won't be getting iTunes at all.

EscondeR
26-12-06, 13:37
Read attentively: Do you use any download manager? Try to download with browser only ;)

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-12-06, 13:41
Nope, I'm not currently using a download manager.

EscondeR
26-12-06, 13:51
Is Data Execution Protection Service on for this application on yor PC? It can prevent you from installing the app.
BTW, post a screenshot of error message you get...

star girl
26-12-06, 14:00
I have some weird problems with my iPod too. It's a nano, and sometimes it pauses when playing some song, even if the Hold button is on. And once like all the photos/songs/album artwork simply disappeared! THe songs would go on skipping at not play anything. And when I checked the memory, it showed full.... but i connected it to iTunes and it got okay then...

Wish you luck with thiss Ms.Croft... iPod troubles never end...

Lara Lover
27-12-06, 22:33
Did you get it working yet xMiSsCrOfTx? :) :wve: