PDA

View Full Version : TV tuner/aerial for laptop?

jamieoliver22
28-12-06, 14:50
Hey all!

Is there a device that I can get that will enable me to have TV on my laptop without having to plug any cables in. I want it to have a built-in aerial so that I can pick up a TV signal as I travel.

A cardbus solution would be best, but a USB solution would still suit my needs. I only intend to pick up analog signals (channels 1-4) but if it had support for digital signals too would be great.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks,
Jamie.

Simulation
28-12-06, 15:31
Yes, you can. Here is a selection from PC World (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0877775699.116731978 5@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccladdjkfijfjlcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=ProductList&category_oid=-29779&show_all=true).

dmc444
28-12-06, 15:48
Quote :- "I want it to have a built-in aerial so that I can pick up a TV signal as I travel."

Be aware that all TV depends on a good signal and that in practice "built-in" and "portable" aerials do not work very well unless you are in the vicinity of a very strong signal. :(

I don't mean to discourage you, but it is a good idea to ask if you can return whatever you purchase if it does not come up to your expectations.:)