PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Tech Heads - email support needed

tlr online
30-12-06, 13:37
Do I need advise anything further?

Hi Simon.

Can you tell me which web page you're getting an error with? Regarding the installation, please select DGVoodoo, which is a free alternative to GLIDOS, and follow on screen instructions. The whole process has been designed to be as painless as poss. ;)

Justin.

-
Justin J. Farr
Tomb Raider Chronicles inc.

Web: www.tombraiderchronicles.com
Email: support@tombraiderchronicles.com

Disclaimer: This email is confidential to the intended recipient, as are any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way or act in reliance on it, and notify the sender immediately, then delete it from your system.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com accepts no liability (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for opinions, conclusions and other information in this message which do not relate to its official business. No contracts or official orders shall be concluded by means of this email.

----- Original Message -----
To: <***********************>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 1:18 PM
Subject: Technical Support

> Hi. I am just about to install all my TR games when I came across your site. GREAT site by the way. Anyhow, 2 points. I have the box on screen for the installation of the Advanced Installer. I am asked to select which version of TR1 I have. It says 'for Sold Out versions click here' well mine is a sold out version and when I click here the web page cannot be found. So thats the first problem. Next, should I install Glidos first or the Advanced Installer? Can you advise me on that please. Thanks Simon

vectra3000
30-12-06, 13:59
If he's using the installer he doesn't need Glidos and vice-versa...but Glidos is still quicker than the installer when used with the ready made TR archive from the Glidos site..

tlr online
30-12-06, 14:14
Shouldn't he use DG Voodoo instead? It's free and just as good as GLIDOS. It's also included in the installer.

vectra3000
30-12-06, 14:15
True,Glidos will cost him $6 to unlock,but I still maintain that the setup is quicker,and Glidos allows the use of texturepacks..

Joseph
30-12-06, 15:47
Shouldn't he use DG Voodoo instead? It's free and just as good as GLIDOS. It's also included in the installer.
Yes of course should he use DgVoodoo, for those 2 reasons plus it is better to configure than Glidos.

Anyway, of course that link is dead, since the hub was moved.

Sold Out version or not, the installation procedure is the same.
The link was meant for the Audio-replacement might his SoldOut version be missing the audiotracks. First check if they are present or not: read this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=364127&postcount=4) please.

In Advanced Installer, to which TR version you have, select: Tomb Raider Original.

Simulation
30-12-06, 16:22
I am just about to install all my TR games
I think it is best to direct him to Tech FAQ on Tombraiderhub.com (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/faq/index.html) as that contains all the latest info and links for all the games.

As to TR1 both dgVoodoo and Glidos will give good results, but if he is prepared to pay for Glidos then you can use the Texture Packs (now complete) and the PS2 Audio which gives extra tracks compared to the PC version.

tlr online
30-12-06, 17:08
Does Advanced Installer have links embedded in the app? Are they the old links?

Joseph
30-12-06, 17:33
Yes it does, and 1 of them is an old link: http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr1/faq/audio_repair.html

It gives a "Can't find Page" message.

You could simply make a redirect page on that URL, then it's solved.

Simulation
30-12-06, 18:40
I have created a redirect to the new tr audio page on the hub. :tmb:

P.S. I'll also let Elen know about this.

Joseph
30-12-06, 18:41
So i see. Excellent, Sim! :D

Bokkie
30-12-06, 20:04
I'll fix the deadlinks in the next TR Advanced Installer release (1.06).