PDA

View Full Version : something wrong

Betal
30-12-06, 20:59
I'n my D: cd space thing I put in a music cd. And it don't react. It dosent show there's a music cd or something. Then when I putting in a game cd it works perfect. What's the problem. Sorry but it's hard to explane when you have bad english like me

Paul H
30-12-06, 21:45
I'n my D: cd space thing I put in a music cd. And it don't react. It dosent show there's a music cd or something. Then when I putting in a game cd it works perfect. What's the problem. Sorry but it's hard to explane when you have bad english like me

It could be that the CD needs cleaning or it could be worn or scratched. If you can, try it in a different computer, as some drives are better at reading worn discs than others.

Betal
30-12-06, 21:50
Well I have only used the cd once so there is no scratch and it's clean

Joseph
30-12-06, 21:53
Then when I putting in a game cd it works perfect.Most games don't play from the CD, as most of the data is installed onto your harddiskdrive; cd is only needed for the legitimicy-check.

Have you maybe turned off autorun?

Joseph
30-12-06, 21:56
You said you put in a music CD. Is that maybe a CD with copyprotection? Those are prepared to NOT play in a PC's player/burner, for obvious reasons... ;)

Betal
30-12-06, 22:54
how do I know if it have copyprotection? the cd worked perfect in my xbox360 but not in my computer o.O

Joseph
30-12-06, 23:07
How do you know? In the first place that they can't be read / played on a PC's player while older music CD's still can, and
often it is also printed on the box (backside), like: "Not For PC - copyprotected" or something similar.

Just test an older CD in your player.

Betal
30-12-06, 23:25
i tried a old cd and it didn't work either. I guess it's something wrong with my computer then

Joseph
30-12-06, 23:49
Put in a data-cd, and see if you can explore?

Betal
30-12-06, 23:50
Sorry I suck on computers and everything. but what's a data-cd?

Joseph
31-12-06, 00:01
A CD with data on it in stead of music tracks. Like you copied some folders onto a cd.
Take for instance a game cd, quit the autorun (if it comes up), then open This Computer > right-click on the cd > Explore... see if you can explore the contents of that cd.

Betal
31-12-06, 00:13
I did that now. It dosen't say there isn't a cd in it. It just comes up a empy map with nothing in it:S