PDA

View Full Version : TR1 hangs at stats screen..

vectra3000
31-12-06, 21:55
I don't beleive this!..just getting ready for the TR1 challenge with a 'warm-up' run thru' first level,and the game just hangs at the stats screen.
Never had this before at all in over a year of playing TR1..
Rebooting and retrying saw the same thing happen again,but after a third try the game moved past the stats screen normally into the second level..anay ideas? :confused:

Joseph
31-12-06, 22:02
Defragment, check your drivers, have the TR1 CD in player with lowest drive letter...

Simulation
31-12-06, 22:24
Your running with Glidos I believe?

I have had a similar problem. When you get to the end of a level just let the game stop, don't touch any keys for a second or 2 then press return key.
I just seems a bit sensitive sometimes. I usually save just before the end of a level just in case.

ace_85
31-12-06, 22:28
Yeah, I have this problem with Glidos too sometimes. It often seems kind of random as to whether it happens or not - I'd second Sim's advice :)

vectra3000
31-12-06, 23:11
Yes I run Glidos.

Took Joseph's advice and defragged..usually do this every 3 weeks at most,but system restore calender shows my last one was 5 weeks back..anyway PC is definitely quicker now..lol,and TR seems to be behaving itself..but I'll bear Sim's tip in mind too!..:tmb:

EscondeR
31-12-06, 23:30
Yeah, I have this problem with Glidos too sometimes. It often seems kind of random as to whether it happens or not - I'd second Sim's advice :)

-- OK, OK, Edited :wve: Joseph ---

That's one of the points for some of us to prefer DgVoodoo ;)

Anyway, glad to see you're not out of challenge, Vectra3000

Joseph
31-12-06, 23:39
That's not THE point, call it one of the points. ;)