PDA

View Full Version : PHOTOSHOP jpg/jpeg save problem!

danitiwa
02-01-07, 19:31
I just started using adobe photoshop, and It wants to save my image as a PSD all the time. And I've flattened it, I don't know what else I could do.

Anubis_AF
02-01-07, 19:37
ctrl+shift+alt+s
Try this :)

danitiwa
02-01-07, 19:39
Thx, I see you have a new avatar? (I don't like Ceca but heck.) Thanks Anubis, but my Uncle's girfriend came and solved the problem. All I had to do was select the filetype on the save pad thingy. :) I'm a noob with Adobe, I'm using it for the first time lol. It's a great program though. :wve:

Joseph
02-01-07, 19:54
File > Save for Web (Alt+Shift+Ctrl+S)... always gives you option between GIF, JPEG, PNG. And you have preview for the various quality versions.

danitiwa
02-01-07, 20:10
does anybody know if it's possible to create gif files in Adobe Photoshop CS? :wve:

Joseph
02-01-07, 20:24
Yes you can. Follow my last post. Learn to read, danitiwa.

Geck-o-Lizard
02-01-07, 20:46
does anybody know if it's possible to create gif files in Adobe Photoshop CS? :wve:

Indeed you can. Use the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S combo that Joseph mentioned, and the Save For Web screen will appear. Change the type from Jpeg to gif, choose how many colours you want to have in the gif (less colours = smaller filesize) and hit Save.

You can also create animated GIFs using Adobe Imageready, which should've been included with PS. :tmb: You should look on google for some tutorials to learn how to make animations if you want to do that.

vectra3000
02-01-07, 21:07
You can also just click 'save as' and then choose the format you want to save the project in..Photoshop will always default to saving as a PSD to allow you to continue working on it should you wish.

PM me the pics you want as a GIF and I'll knock one up for you.. :)

danitiwa
02-01-07, 22:35
Indeed you can. Use the CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S combo that Joseph mentioned, and the Save For Web screen will appear. Change the type from Jpeg to gif, choose how many colours you want to have in the gif (less colours = smaller filesize) and hit Save.

You can also create animated GIFs using Adobe Imageready, which should've been included with PS. :tmb: You should look on google for some tutorials to learn how to make animations if you want to do that.

Thanks Geck, that part was what I wanted to know about. :) Feel free to close this thread. I think I've covered everything. :wve: