PDA

View Full Version : Is my grafic card broken again?

clexy
04-01-07, 17:39
RADEON X550
RADEON X550 Secondary

I think this are the grafic cards , but i think im wrong , anyway I dont know how to look, and the problem is that I have a white line up in my display ( desktop) that is seen trought all the other programs.
Now I can take my computer to the quarantine, but the ppl in shop dont give it right away , but look " we can maybe help", but all they do is delete everything.
When I bought my computer I had a broken video card, so I just like 4 months ago got a new one, I dont want to change again.

Anyone know what to do?
I asked a IT man , who I know , and he doest know anything. Its rather annyong cuz I have many games that I cant play now. ( they freeze).

or should I change it and buy an ndivia deforce something card??
But they shouldnt really I have a normal computer.
Gash.

Joseph
04-01-07, 18:55
RADEON X550 is a cheap budget card. BUT it should work correctly and without white lines.

The secondary is there, because you may connect two monitors to it. If you don't use two monitors, you can disable the secondary.: Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device manager > Display Adapters > right-click on the secondary, select "turn off' (transl?).

Please post your dxdiag report: click on following link Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) , select to RUN it then post the complete result into your next reply. :)

clexy
05-01-07, 11:52
Nothing to see here.

clexy
05-01-07, 11:53
I uninstalled 3 games yesterday, thought it help ( before I wrote this thread). But if you dislike this video card, which one is the best then?

EscondeR
05-01-07, 12:03
Update your video (http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html) and audio drivers, Clexy ;)
And post a screenshot for us to see what does you problem look like.

clexy
05-01-07, 12:11
Update your video (http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html) and audio drivers, Clexy ;)

The funny thing is that the while line doest stay on the pic,if I make a pic with the print button. But like I said its a while line that is seen trought all my programs, and 2 games feeze.
I dont know how else to discride it if it doest let it self picture.:(

Like i have windows media player open, msn, an online game, later something else.

"and the problem is that I have a white line up in my display ( desktop) that is seen trought all the other programs."

Its like from 1 cm on the very top of my desktop. Thats all , its wierd.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 12:19
Then the problem is with video board DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) or with the monitor. Can you connect another monitor to your VB or maybe a TV? Is the white line still there?
Update the drivers anyway ;)

clexy
05-01-07, 12:20
"RADEON X550 is a cheap budget card"

I didnt buy it its from the guarantine, thats why I asked.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 12:22
Then probably it's a DAC related problem...
BTW, are you sure you get back the same GPU you send before to repair?

clexy
05-01-07, 12:23
Then the problem is with video board DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) or with the monitor. Can you connect another monitor to your VB or maybe a TV? Is the white line still there?
Update the drivers anyway ;)

Well the IT man who I know, said I can watch tv cahnnels with it, but he didnt build them in. Now where do I get another monitor?
I dont want to call the guarantine man , cuz I dont think they get me an super expensive video card and I have no idea how to connect it to the tv, even when I have heard that you can actually to that.

My mother suggested me to wait on buy an memory stick to tranfer all my stuff to, and then ask someone to fix this problem.

But poeple seem not to want to think and look for the problem. ( or like lately I think their silly, cuz when I say something , they like " never heard")

and please expain what an GPU is, I dont knwo the english words about computers.

clexy
05-01-07, 12:28
EscondeR

The guarantine man changed the video card before my eyes in my own home, if thats what you ment.

(guarantine cuz Im still paying for my computer)

EscondeR
05-01-07, 12:31
and please expain what an GPU is, I dont knwo the english words about computers.

GPU - Graphical Processing Unit

If your video board is still on guarantee, I suggest you to try to change it to equal, but working ;) Or at least take it to the service and explain your problem there, ask to check this board in your presence ;)
BTW, is it brandname or noname (who's the manufacturer)?

-- Edit --
So reading your previous post I see that it is another VB not the one you have bought with the PC at first...
Anyway the question "is it brandname or noname (who's the manufacturer)?" remains

clexy
05-01-07, 12:33
GPU - Graphical Processing Unit

If your video board is still on guarantee, I suggest you to try to change it to equal, but working ;) Or at least take it to the service and explain your problem there, ask to check this board in your presence ;)
BTW, is it brandname or noname (who's the manufacturer)?

Microlink
is who build the computer

EscondeR
05-01-07, 12:35
Microlink

So it's reseller's name, not the VB manufacturer ;)
Has your VB any box or/and CD with it? What are the titles then?

clexy
05-01-07, 12:35
The secondary is there, because you may connect two monitors to it. If you don't use two monitors, you can disable the secondary.: Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device manager > Display Adapters > right-click on the secondary, select "turn off' (transl?).

i did it.

clexy
05-01-07, 12:42

Setup has not found .NET Framework on your system. Please ensure .NET Framework is installed before using ATI Catalyst Control Center. If you have an internet connection, either get .NET from Microsoft Windows Update or click here to be redirected to the Microsoft site where it is available for download. Restart Catalyst Control Center install program once you have installed .NET

:confused:

clexy
05-01-07, 12:44
I drawed the line with paint cuz it wont let it be on the pic and yes ( hahaha looks funny) But that how it is, the line is a littler smoother tho.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/clexy/Other/line.jpg

the line is from right to left. Not so short like I drawed.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 12:47
Setup has not found .NET Framework on your system. Please ensure .NET Framework is installed before using ATI Catalyst Control Center. If you have an internet connection, either get .NET from Microsoft Windows Update or click here to be redirected to the Microsoft site where it is available for download. Restart Catalyst Control Center install program once you have installed .NET

:confused:

Download & install THIS (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en)

I drawed the line with paint cuz it wont let it be on the pic and yes ( hahaha looks funny) But that how it is, the line is a littler smoother tho.
the line is from right to left. Not so short like I drawed.

Still the same can be DAC failure or your monitor is corrupt...
So if your VB is noname (these have problems with DAC sometimes) you can change it for Sapphire RADEON series w/o any problems and Sapphire one will be much better.

clexy
05-01-07, 12:51
So it's reseller's name, not the VB manufacturer ;)
Has your VB any box or/and CD with it? What are the titles then?

yes im stupid , only thing i found right now is Mircosoft.:confused:
There aint nothing in nowhere on the Cds u get when you buy a computer. I feel such an outisider.

on there computer there is 2004 Microsoft Comporation . Microsoft works 8 (haha) I have no idea. there aint nothing on the Cds just the names of the programs.

clexy
05-01-07, 12:54
Still the same can be DAC failure or your monitor is corrupt...
So if your VB is noname (these have problems with DAC sometimes) you can change it for Sapphire RADEON series w/o any problems and Sapphire one will be much better.

Im trying to think what you ment.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 13:00
Let it be as simple as that:
You take your current video board to the reseller and ask them to check it cause you're having a problem (describe that problem). Then if the problem remains it means your VB is bad so they must exchange to the equal one or you can ask to give you a Sapphire RADEON x550 for small additional fee (the difference between noname card's price and Sapphire one).
If the reseller checks your VB and sees no white line then it must be you monitor problem.

clexy
05-01-07, 13:18
Let it be as simple as that:
You take your current video board to the reseller and ask them to check it cause you're having a problem (describe that problem). Then if the problem remains it means your VB is bad so they must exchange to the equal one or you can ask to give you a Sapphire RADEON x550 for small additional fee (the difference between noname card's price and Sapphire one).
If the reseller checks your VB and sees no white line then it must be you monitor problem.

Now I understood. And now the horror I did all you and josef said and now i have 2 white lines in my desktop.:eek:
This is a terror, then it would the the 3rd video card i change , arg why cant no one say what the real problem is.
And Im not going to the shop and going to ask the guarantine man himself cuz the shop ppl dont want to do anything.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 13:34
You must install this way:
Uninstall your current Video drivers from Control Panel > System > Device manager.
Reboot, the system will use Standard SVGA driver.
Install Microsoft .NET Framework, reboot.
Install the new drivers for ATI Radeon, reboot.

BTW, when does this white line appear? Is it now visible just after Windows boots? Or some time later when you PC works for a while (and temperature rises)?
I suppose it's DAC problem and it'll become worse very likely, so the way is to check your VB and change it.

clexy
05-01-07, 13:42
You must install this way:
Uninstall your current Video drivers from Control Panel > System > Device manager.
Reboot, the system will use Standard SVGA driver.
Install Microsoft .NET Framework, reboot.
Install the new drivers for ATI Radeon, reboot.

BTW, when does this white line appear? Is it now visible just after Windows boots? Or some time later when you PC works for a while?
I suppose it's DAC problem and it'll become worse very likely, so the way is to check your VB and change it.

Its always visible and I saw the second line up on the very bottom. My head is hurting, this is just :cen: I mean how many times do I have to buy or ask for help. Then I wait usulally like 4-5 days just to hear, we have no idea.

Ill try to do that.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 13:48
Its always visible and I saw the second line up on the very bottom. My head is hurting, this is just :cen: I mean how many times do I have to buy or ask for help. Then I wait usulally like 4-5 days just to hear, we have no idea.

Ill try to do that.

I'm very sorry for that :hug:
May be that's the point to change the place you buy devices for your PC...

One more thing:
If you have a CRT monitor (with electronic tube, not LCD one) you can try to Degauss it. Turn on the monitors menu and press the function with magnet icon.

clexy
05-01-07, 13:56
I forgot.

Chug a Bug
05-01-07, 17:12
Try changing the resolution of the display. Does the line stay in the same place and the same size or does it change when the resolution changes?

clexy
05-01-07, 17:15
Try changing the resolution of the display. Does the line stay in the same place and the same size or does it change when the resolution changes?

:O I turned my computer off for about 4 hours, and there is one white line , but . I have 1024 by 768pixles . And the forum is "swimming".:confused:

I dont really want to change the resolution, even when its reccomened for this monitor to have bigger then this.

clexy
05-01-07, 17:24
Its still the same when I put it to 1152 by 864 pixels.

clexy
05-01-07, 17:32
Anyway I dont want to bother you guys, I call to another It man, and see what he can do. If its the video card , then I just buy a new and a good one. I just have to wait until then. And Esconder thats for your help, I didnt know I have to update video and audio drivers, I thought the Windows XP updating system does that.

clexy
05-01-07, 17:33
Joseph what is the best Nvidia Gefore video card you can buy right now?

EscondeR
05-01-07, 18:06
And I'll ask the guarantibe guy what to do , and I say I dont want the same video card. Or not something similar. No ati radeons or whatever.
I want to ash Josefh whats the best Nvidia Gefore video card you can buy right now?
Im going to make them repair my PC.

It's not the fault of ATI or excellence of Nvidia! That's wrong to think so. You're just not lucky that time and get a broken VB... Or better to say your reseller is total :cen: don't deal it again... Just buy a good not NONAME ATI RADEON video board ;)

clexy
05-01-07, 18:18
It's not the fault of ATI or excellence of Nvidia! That's wrong to think so. You're just not lucky that time and get a broken VB... Or better to say your reseller is total :cen: don't deal it again... Just buy a good not NONAME ATI RADEON video board ;)

Yea right , most say here that other video cards are better and now you get angry at me. Think what you want.

clexy
05-01-07, 18:24

I just wanted to know what the best Nvidia card if its that forbitten dont have to get mad. Jeez.
And whats Noname ati radeon videocard?

EscondeR
05-01-07, 18:26
Yea right , most say here that other video cards are better and now you get angry at me. Think what you want.

I'm not angry with you, sorry :wve:
I mean blame only reseller not the GPU manufacturer. Both ATI and Nvidia can be bad if you're "lucky" ;)

clexy
05-01-07, 18:29
I'm not angry with you, sorry :wve:
I mean blame only reseller not the GPU manufacturer. Both ATI and Nvidia can be bad if you're "lucky" ;)

I dont know what to say. I just asked about Nvidia cuz two games said that their better viewable with an Nvidia card something. And once I read a very long thread that Joseph made about video cards.

Joseph
05-01-07, 18:34
cuz two games said that their better viewable with an Nvidia card something.Remember what it says when you launch Legend: "Nvidia. The way it is meant to be played". Well, from the start the ATI cards ran Legend much better.

Wow this thread has grown. I have to read back to see what happened after your diagnose report...

clexy
05-01-07, 18:38
NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX might be something? Or not, I just read the post about what video cards support the next generation is Legend. And the second game is Rise & Fall. Cant someone suggest a video card?

Joseph
05-01-07, 18:46
Clexy: i want you to do this:

Make printscreen (press "PrtScr" button) of your desktop.
Open Paint, save the printscreen into "My Documents". Close Paint.
Now open My Documents > the printscreen you just made.

1.>>>>>Is the white line(s) also on the printscreen?
2.>>>>>Make sure the window with printscreen image is not maximized. Grab with your cursor the top of the window and move it around over your desktop. Does the white line on your desktop move along with the picture or does the white line stay on the same place?

Joseph
05-01-07, 18:57
NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX might be something? Or not, I just read the post about what video cards support the next generation is Legend. And the second game is Rise & Fall. Cant someone suggest a video card?
Well, what's your budget.

If you want to invest for the future as well, i would recommend a DirectX10 card and the strongest monster of the moment: MSI GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3, HDCP, PCI-Express, 2xDVI-I, Tv-Out, 384bit (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=328122&view=detailed) € 585,00
or its cheaper brother: MSI GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3, HDCP, PCI-Express, 2xDVI-I, Tv-Out, 320bit (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=328109&view=detailed) € 444,00
BUT with these cards you'd need a heavy 600W Power Supply Unit as well. It depends on the rest of your hardware if it's worth it, and also on your PC's case/motherboard if there is actually room in it for these gigantic cards.

Anyway a 512MB sm 3.0 DirectX9 card. The very best price/performance: Club3D Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4, PCI-Express, Dual-DVI-I, VIVO, CF Ready (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=324909&view=detailed) € 379,00
Still needs a 500 W PSU at least.

If that's over your budget, i'd recommend one of the best 256MB cards:
Sapphire Radeon X1950XT 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express,ViVo/HDCP,2xDVI, Lite-Retail (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=327135&view=detailed) € 262,00
This needs a 450 W PSU. It is confirmed that you can run Legend next generation fine on this card.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 19:04
Sapphire Radeon X1950XT 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express,ViVo/HDCP,2xDVI, Lite-Retail (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=327135&view=detailed) 262,00
This needs a 450 W PSU. It is confirmed that you can run Legend next generation fine on this card.

And what did I say? ;) Hi Joseph :wve:

clexy
05-01-07, 20:06
Clexy: i want you to do this:

Make printscreen (press "PrtScr" button) of your desktop.
Open Paint, save the printscreen into "My Documents". Close Paint.
Now open My Documents > the printscreen you just made.

1.>>>>>Is the white line(s) also on the printscreen?
2.>>>>>Make sure the window with printscreen image is not maximized. Grab with your cursor the top of the window and move it around over your desktop. Does the white line on your desktop move along with the picture or does the white line stay on the same place?

The printsreen is empty of the white line, on the picture there is nothing. When i move it around nothing comes to the pic. Only the white line goes trought the windows top part of infranview , not the picture inside the infran view. As I said the white line is seen trought the programs. But I cant make a pic of it with the Print button. The white lane doest appear on the pic.

EscondeR
05-01-07, 20:12
Clexy, look at the 2 posts above. It's a good choice for you ;) (as the problem is surely with DAC)

clexy
05-01-07, 20:12
Well, what's your budget.

If you want to invest for the future as well, i would recommend a DirectX10 card and the strongest monster of the moment: MSI GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3, HDCP, PCI-Express, 2xDVI-I, Tv-Out, 384bit (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=328122&view=detailed) € 585,00
or its cheaper brother: MSI GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3, HDCP, PCI-Express, 2xDVI-I, Tv-Out, 320bit (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=328109&view=detailed) € 444,00
BUT with these cards you'd need a heavy 600W Power Supply Unit as well. It depends on the rest of your hardware if it's worth it, and also on your PC's case/motherboard if there is actually room in it for these gigantic cards.

Anyway a 512MB sm 3.0 DirectX9 card. The very best price/performance: Club3D Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4, PCI-Express, Dual-DVI-I, VIVO, CF Ready (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=324909&view=detailed) € 379,00
Still needs a 500 W PSU at least.

Sapphire Radeon X1950XT 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express,ViVo/HDCP,2xDVI, Lite-Retail (http://www.komplett.nl/k/ki.asp?sku=327135&view=detailed) € 262,00

Well if you look cleary the cheapest you mentioned does not have the biggest difference in the price with the more expensive ones only like 2-3 thousand.
my computer is:

Windows XP, Home Edition,Version 2002, Service Pack 2.

Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
3.00GHz, 512 MB of RAM
160 GM of disc memory

Joseph
05-01-07, 20:13
So: what you are telling means that: when you move any picture over your screen, the white line stays on the same place.

clexy
05-01-07, 20:14
So: what you are telling means that: when you move any picture over your screen, the white line stays on the same place.

Yes.

clexy
05-01-07, 20:16
Right now this seemed the most reasonable to me at least

Anyway a 512MB sm 3.0 DirectX9 card. The very best price/performance: Club3D Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4, PCI-Express, Dual-DVI-I, VIVO, CF Ready 379,00
Still needs a 500 W PSU at least. < what you mean?

Joseph
05-01-07, 20:18
Well if you look cleary the cheapest you mentioned does not have the biggest difference in the price with the more expensive ones only like 2-3 thousand.
my computer is:

Windows XP, Home Edition,Version 2002, Service Pack 2.

Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
3.00GHz, 512 MB of RAM
No no, wait.
It depends on:
1. your budget (what you are willing and able to spend on a card, and maybe a new PSU and maybe more if needed)
2. The upgradeability of your current hardware. For that i would need to see your Everest Report. Download, install and run Everest Home (http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/everesthome200.zip). On the left side you see a rootstructure, on the right side you see the details. In the rootstructure select COMPUTER > SUMMARY. In the right pane, right-click > Copy as text. Paste that text into your reply.

Joseph
05-01-07, 20:22
Right now this seemed the most reasonable to me at least

Anyway a 512MB sm 3.0 DirectX9 card. The very best price/performance: Club3D Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4, PCI-Express, Dual-DVI-I, VIVO, CF Ready 379,00
Still needs a 500 W PSU at least. < what you mean?Power Supply Unit. This card is hungry. I have a slightly older version of this card myself: ATI Radeon X1900XT. For its needs, i have a 550W power supply unit in my PC. You can't use this card with less.

Joseph
05-01-07, 20:24
Yes.
Then i'm 99,9&#37; certain the problem is in your monitor. What exact monitor do you have?

But anyway, for your gaming desires, you'd need the better videocard as recommended.

clexy
05-01-07, 20:25
Nothing to see here.

Joseph
05-01-07, 20:36
Yes, that's right; thank you.

Let's first try to see what updating your drivers gives.

1. Now first install Microsoft .NET Framework from HERE (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en).

2. Then uninstall your previous ATI drivers using Cat-uninst.exe (http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/Computer/cat-uninstaller.zip) (unzip, and run, then reboot)

3. Then install Catalyst 6.12 from THIS PAGE (http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html).

4. Report the result please.

clexy
05-01-07, 20:47
Yes, that's right; thank you.

Let's first try to see what updating your drivers gives.

1. Now first install Microsoft .NET Framework from HERE (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en).

2. Then uninstall your previous ATI drivers using Cat-uninst.exe (http://www.jozefdekkers.nl/Trforum/Computer/cat-uninstaller.zip) (unzip, and run, then reboot)

3. Then install Catalyst 6.12 from THIS PAGE (http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html).

4. Report the result please.

not again, this going to take a while, How am I supposed to know what monitor it is, its a Samsung SyncMaster740N.

Joseph
05-01-07, 20:50
What "not again". Did you do this before, following Esconder's recommendation? if so, please post your updated Diagnose report.

clexy
05-01-07, 21:03
What "not again". Did you do this before, following Esconder's recommendation? if so, please post your updated Diagnose report.

There is nothing to report I did like esconder said , nothing changed. What do I do with Catalyst Control Center ??

Joseph
05-01-07, 21:06
Please understand.

Since you did what Esconder said, your Diagnose report will have changed. I need to see the new changes in your Diagnose report. Post the most recent report please.

What do I do with Catalyst Control Center ??Well, install it in the first place. And after that, don't touch it.

clexy
05-01-07, 21:08
Please understand.

Since you did what Esconder said, your Diagnose report will have changed. I need to see the new changes in your Diagnose report. Post the most recent report please.

How do I do that? I dont undersatnd how to report. Well I did all you said and my desktop magically turned to be 1280 by1024 pixels, the white line is still there, thats all.

clexy
05-01-07, 21:12
Please understand.

Diagnose report, huh where?

clexy
05-01-07, 21:18
1, its the Digital-to-Analog Converter,
2 then its the video card and
now its the monitor.
I wonder whats really the issue, maybe its a small thing..

Joseph
05-01-07, 21:19
How do I do that? I dont undersatnd how to report.
Like you did on page 1:

Please post your dxdiag report: click on following link Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) , select to RUN it then post the complete result into your next reply. :)

clexy
05-01-07, 21:22
nothing to see here.

Joseph
05-01-07, 21:23
1, its the Digital-to-Analog Converter,
2 then its the video card and
now its the monitor.
I wonder whats really the issue, maybe its a small thing..
These are the 3 main options.
But analysing, i came to my 99,9% conclusion that it must be your monitor. But i need more proof.

Look. We are trying to help, analyzing the symptoms, researching the issue for you.

clexy
05-01-07, 21:25
These are the 3 main options.
But analysing, i came to my 99,9&#37; conclusion that it must be your monitor. But i need more proof.

Look. We are trying to help, analyzing the symptoms, researching the issue for you.

Well ill talk to another person. Would you delete all the info about my PC please?

Joseph
05-01-07, 21:26
OK. Thanks for the Diagnose report. Your drivers are updated to the latest.
You still see the white line.

What was wrong with your previous videocard ("broken")?
Also a white line?

clexy
05-01-07, 21:29
OK. Thanks for the Diagnose report. Your drivers are updated to the latest.
You still see the white line.

What was wrong with your previous videocard ("broken")?
Also a white line?

A yellow line, freezing about every 3D action, just messing, showing an ugly message in windows main , going all blue when a game froze. took so long for them to find out that i bought a PC with a broken video card.

Joseph
05-01-07, 21:38
1. Was that yellow line similar to this new white line on the new card?

2. The white line on this new card, was it there from day 1 since you have this (new card)?

clexy
05-01-07, 21:41
1. Was that yellow line similar to this new white line on the new card?

2. The white line on this new card, was it there from day 1 since you have this (new card)?

1. no its was big and ugly.
2. no, came up two weeks ago.

Joseph
05-01-07, 22:08
OK.

1. Now do this: re-start the PC, while you press the F8 button to arrive into Safe Mode.
Is the white line also there in Safe Mode? I need to know this, because in Safe Mode, the videocard is working in Standard VGA mode. Don't bother with thinking about this; just do it please. :)

2. Please describe what kind of shop it is that you bought the PC from. Is it a good shop? Are you 100&#37; sure the PC was A B S O L U T E L Y brandnew? The card they gave you is A B S O L U T E L Y brandnew? The people seem trustworthy? Do they have a website?

clexy
05-01-07, 22:20
OK.

1. Now do this: re-start the PC, while you press the F8 button to arrive into Safe Mode.
Is the white line also there in Safe Mode? I need to know this, because in Safe Mode, the videocard is working in Standard VGA mode. Don't bother with thinking about this; just do it please. :)

2. Please describe what kind of shop it is that you bought the PC from. Is it a good shop? Are you 100&#37; sure the PC was A B S O L U T E L Y brandnew? The card they gave you is A B S O L U T E L Y brandnew? The people seem trustworthy? Do they have a website?

1. I do that tommorow, its night here.
2. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

Joseph
05-01-07, 22:25
OK, do that tomorrow then (why? you need only 5 minutes), but it is VERY important to check how Safe Mode looks.

So they have a website, can you post a link? :)

clexy
06-01-07, 08:18
OK, do that tomorrow then (why? you need only 5 minutes), but it is VERY important to check how Safe Mode looks.

So they have a website, can you post a link? :)

Ok here the deal. The white line didnt apper in safe mode. BUT since its a black background there I cant be sure.
I but a black background to my regular desktop and the white line is not seen unless i but an open window trought the point where the line is , when its seen with a black background image.

Joseph
06-01-07, 08:24
Was the white line in Safe Mode the exact same size/thickness (or was it broader and larger?) and at the exact same place as in normal mode?

clexy
06-01-07, 08:43
Was the white line in Safe Mode the exact same size/thickness (or was it broader and larger?) and at the exact same place as in normal mode?
i mis spelled.
I ment I didnt see it cuz the background was black I have no idea if it was there in safe mode.

Joseph
06-01-07, 09:05
You didn't see it in Safe Mode. To be sure, you need to check again.

If it is not present in Safe Mode, the cause is NOT your monitor, but your videocard.... if the white line only occurs at higher than standard VGA mode, it is a hardware failure of the card. In that case, you should give it back to the shop thank you, pay some more to receive a real mature decent card. :(

clexy
06-01-07, 09:18
I did again in safe more and carried an open window and there was seen throught the while line.

And if you think the monitor is broken, when why 2 games feeze when I wanted to exit them?

Joseph
06-01-07, 09:22
Clexy read my post again, i think you misunderstood. :wve:
I think my english is correct so far.

clexy
06-01-07, 09:24
Clexy read my post again, i think you misunderstood. :wve:
I think my english is correct so far.

How did I misunderstand?
Anyway delete all posts are lock this thread.

Joseph
06-01-07, 09:26
Anyway delete all posts are lock this thread.
Huh??? Why???? :confused:

Clexy, i have invested lots of energy in your problem. Result is that i managed to find the epicentre of it, and can confirm: your graphic card is malfunctioning.
Now you're telling me to delete the posts or close the thread!?

EDIT2: i recommend you let the shop take the crappy card back, offer to pay extra for a decent card. Depending on your budget. If you want advice on which card, name your budget.

clexy
06-01-07, 09:56

Clexy, i have invested lots of energy in your problem. Result is that i managed to find the epicentre of it, and can confirm: your graphic card is malfunctioning.

EDIT2: i recommend you let the shop take the crappy card back, offer to pay extra for a decent card. Depending on your budget. If you want advice on which card, name your budget.

NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX
is what I get later.

ATI Radeon X1950XTX

(Club3D )ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Should do for now. And not anyone business what i buy or whats inside my PC. And you suddenly know that the video card is broken? But said 99,9&#37; its the monitor.
No need not to close this thread.

Joseph
06-01-07, 10:04
NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX
is what I get later.

ATI Radeon X1950XTX

(Club3D )ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Should do for now. And not anyone business what i buy or whats inside my PC. And you suddenly know that the video card is broken? But said 99,9% its the monitor.
No need not to close this thread.
Well, thanks friend! Good luck, bye! :wve:

clexy
06-01-07, 10:22
Yes this thread is done, An i didnt say Im not thankful for you help. Thanks for your energy , but I have to do the rest. Thanks for everyones help.

clexy
23-01-07, 13:24
Joseph, you where right . After a hard week ,they finaly saw the that the problem was that my monitor is broken. And they still all the time said, nothing is wrong. Until they came to my house and saw the line twice and even tried with a different wire.
Now I tomorrow just send the monitor to the garantine at the main city and get another one.
I was just wondering how you know some much about computers?

EDIT: I myslef tryed my monitor with another computer and the lines where there. I just wanted to say that how strange that when I would press the fact on them , they wouldnt do anything.

EscondeR
23-01-07, 13:28
Joseph, you where right . After a hard week ,they finaly saw the that the problem was that my monitor is broken. And they still all the time said, nothing is wrong. Until they came to my house and saw the line twice and even tried with a different wire.
Now I tomorrow just send the monitor to the garantine at the main city and get another one.
I was just wondering how you know some much about computers?

EDIT: I myslef tryed my monitor with another computer and the lines where there. I just wanted to say that how strange that when I would press the fact on them , they wouldnt do anything.

:confused: Correct me if I'm wrong Joseph said your graphic card was malfunctioning.

Anyway let's hope it's really OK now :)

clexy
23-01-07, 13:41
:confused: Correct me if I'm wrong Joseph said your graphic card was malfunctioning.

Anyway let's hope it's really OK now :)

I ment there was a pont where he thought 99% that its the monitors problem thats all, yes I hope so too.

Joseph
23-01-07, 17:23
Yes, thank you Clexy.
Yes.
Then i'm 99,9% certain the problem is in your monitor. What exact monitor do you have?

But anyway, for your gaming desires, you'd need the better videocard as recommended.
You didn't see it in Safe Mode. To be sure, you need to check again.

If it is not present in Safe Mode, the cause is NOT your monitor, but your videocard.... if the white line only occurs at higher than standard VGA mode, it is a hardware failure of the card. In that case, you should give it back to the shop thank you, pay some more to receive a real mature decent card. :(
I must rely on what the poster says.

clexy
23-01-07, 20:09
But anyway, for your gaming desires, you'd need the better videocard as recommended

I never saw you posted that? And yes I know I must buy a new vidoe card, already have 2 games that open with my video card , but want a better one.
I just ment that the man from the guarantine was here and said that the monitor is broken and since it under guarantine I get a new one.
I just was wondering how you know so much about computers. And like I said I buy the video card later.