PDA

View Full Version : dvd ripping help.

tombfan91
07-01-07, 21:16
hi, i hope somebody can help me.

i am using dvd decryptor and im to dvd ripper. i have problems in both.

well in dvd decryptor i run the process normally but after i click on decrypt my whole computer goes slow. like when i move my mouse and that arrow thing move it seems to go slow but can still function ( hope that made sense lol) and now it keeps on reading errors on my disk. i used a dvd that my dvd decryptor read properly before but now it doesn't. it reads something improperly in all the dvd's i put in dvd decryptor now.

with im to dvd ripper everytime i load my dvd into the program it freezes my computer for a good 3-5 minutes. and than it comes back. but when i need to click on something it freezes. basically every option i select freezes my computer.

that's about it. if this has been posted before could somebody guide me to it? well i hope you all understood it and hopefully somebody can help me.

incase anybody doesn't unerstand dvd decrypter is used to rip dvd's. i just use it to make high quality amv's.

Joseph
07-01-07, 21:24
*cough -and i already replied in PM -cough*

Did you reboot the PC? When that program is scanning your entire machine, it is no surprise you can hardly do anything anymore and when you try the PC freezes. Despite what the guy replied to you, the fact that your processor is hyperthreaded does not make a difference to that it is FULLY occupied when decrypting your entire PC. Same would go for antivirus application while it is doing a scheduled scan of your harddrive, or when you are rendering a movie.... Reboot the PC to stop the process. What's the point in decrypting your entire PC anyway? :confused:

where decrypting dvd's so we can make amv's. so we can have high quality videos from dvd's than from the dowloaded version sites have.OK, but that is a VERY CPU intensive action. For that, you would gain a 300% performance increase with a Core2Duo E6600 Processor. In your case, you mustr accept that during the process you are not able to use the PC until it is done. :)

ok. it' s just it never used to be like that until recently. although i don't think it will fix my other dvd ripping program.

Joseph
07-01-07, 21:27
tombfan91's system specs:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard
System Memory 1014 MB (DDR SDRAM)
Motherboard Name Intel Augsburg D915GAG (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Grantsdale-G i915G
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 530, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
BIOS Type AMI (07/22/04)

Display
Video Adapter Intel(R) 82915G Express Chipset Family (64 MB)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (144313125)
3D Accelerator Intel GMA 900

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage
SMART Hard Disks Status OK
Optical Drive _NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:8x/4x, DVD-RW:8x/4x, DVD-ROM:12x, CD:32x/16x/40x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148A (48x CD-ROM)
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2651
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
Disk Drive WDC WD1600JD-22HBB0 (149 GB, IDE)

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 152625 MB (101565 MB free)

Input
Mouse Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (IntelliPoint)
Keyboard Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (IntelliType Pro)

Network
Network Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection (69.155.104.170)
Modem SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

tombfan91
08-01-07, 21:18
somebody told me to check to see if my drives are using DMA transfer mode my drives said pio. does that mean something bad?

Joseph
08-01-07, 21:56
That someone could be right, depending on your hardware.

How do I enable DMA mode on CD and DVD burner drives? (http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm)

tombfan91
08-01-07, 23:06
ok i changed it to dma so what do i do now?

Joseph
08-01-07, 23:15
DMA2? Leave it at that, as long as you don't encounter any problem with it. :)

In fact, reading your post again, you have no problem because as i said the workload you put on your PC encrypting is maximum so live with the slowness/inaccessability during the job...

tombfan91
09-01-07, 01:39
DMA2? Leave it at that, as long as you don't encounter any problem with it. :)

In fact, reading your post again, you have no problem because as i said the workload you put on your PC encrypting is maximum so live with the slowness/inaccessability during the job...

ok thanx for the help.

Joseph
11-01-07, 02:45
It worked!!!!
reseting everything to dma worked. my program runs so smoothly like it's used to (dvd decrypter) as for im todvdripper it sadly still freezes. well... at least one is working ^_^

Ah.. i'm glad it did. But i had preferred you told me that in the thread, so the readers would get the result too.
For now, i'll copy your reply in the thread. Next time please reply on the board rather than PM.
Thanks. :)

tombfan91
11-01-07, 19:57
Ah.. i'm glad it did. But i had preferred you told me that in the thread, so the readers would get the result too.
For now, i'll copy your reply in the thread. Next time please reply on the board rather than PM.
Thanks. :)

yea everythings working out ok so far. hope i don't expierence it again lol.