13-01-07, 19:45
First Album: Great

Second Album: Crap

She has gone downhill imo.

Some songs on her second album are great! :tmb: Some are not. :o

scion05
13-01-07, 19:45
*Agree's*

She needs to go back to " No Doubt " she gave some real stunners with that band ;)

scion05
13-01-07, 19:51
As Scotlee is being moody Lol :p
I'll post a cool song of " Gwens " here :D

7GG6JZ7qk2o

Rivendell
13-01-07, 19:51
I really like some of her tracks on Love angel music baby, but her newest album is full of tracks I don't like. I wish she'd do more tracks like they used to in No Doubt, and steer away from her fast approaching R&B conversion.

Kamrusepas
13-01-07, 19:52
When in No Doubt, she was bearable. On solo.... she's not. Her "music" makes my head ache.

jarhead
No Doubt were great, but she's kinda fading IMO

scion05
I havent heard much of it, I dont mind wind it up, but it isnt exactly stunning :rolleyes:

ace_85
13-01-07, 19:54

Exactly my thoughts. No Doubt were awesome, and her first solo album was really quite good too. Recently though, she's lost the plot big time :(

Jacob x5
13-01-07, 19:55
As Scotlee is being moody Lol

I hardly think closing an unnecessary thread is being moody.

Ampersand
13-01-07, 19:56
When in No Doubt, she was bearable. On solo.... she's not. Her "music" makes my head ache.

Same here. I found her amusing at first, but she soon became very, very annoying.

Angelx14
13-01-07, 19:59
Not quite love her XD, but I really like her. Her songs are awesome.
Don't Speak by No Doubt was the best.:D

The newest song is kind of stupid..:S

CuteKittenlol
13-01-07, 20:01
I agree :D

Don't Speak and It's My Life were the best ^_^

scion05
I also loved Im Just A Girl :D

Lara Lover
I agree :D

Don't Speak and It's My Life were the best ^_^

I love "Just A Girl" and "Hella Good". :tmb:

scion05
13-01-07, 20:02
~Oh Yes, I Knew I Was Forgetting One ~

:D

imaginarylight
13-01-07, 20:08
I love no doubts songs, but solo her music sucks and its extremely boring when she was with no doubt their music was creative and different. Now she just sucks Imo she should get back with no doubt or she wont be around much longer.

Psyched
13-01-07, 20:14
I'm not usually into her style, but that "tick tock" song was actually rather good.

Don't Speak was a good song.

CuteKittenlol
13-01-07, 20:17
What you waiting for, Rich Girl and Hollar back girl

Are the better songs by Gwen.......What you waiting for is probably the best :p [IMO]

Scottlee
13-01-07, 20:17
I also loved Im Just A Girl :D

I wonder why :whi:

scion05
13-01-07, 20:18
You cheeky so n so :p

Andariel
13-01-07, 20:22
Boring just like Christina Aguilera's new music. All mainstream is about today is looking pretty.

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-01-07, 20:23

I agree!

Tomb Raider Master
13-01-07, 20:31
I still have to hear The Sweet Escape. Her first album was good. :tmb:

Lara Lover
13-01-07, 20:32
I still have to hear The Sweet Escape. Her first album was good. :tmb:

The Sweet Escape is great. :tmb: Not her best though. :o

MiCkiZ88
13-01-07, 20:33
I like her and her song style, But I still preferred her more in No doubt days :)

the songs i really like from her are Don't speak, I'm just a Girl, It's my life, What you waiting for, Crash & danger zone :)
Her videos are really creative and fun to watch. especially what you waiting for because of the alice in the wonderland theme.

edit: her yodling was both hilarious and freaky O.O

Lenochka
13-01-07, 20:39
I like her new stuff, her old stuff and her no doubt stuff :) have always liked gwen since there album " Return to Saturn " ( By far one of the best albums ever to be released ) By far the best song she has ever released on her own and wiht no doubt was bathwater :tmb:

5gr6LoPzM80

Lew
13-01-07, 22:32
I've bought about 4 of her new songs from her new album 'The Sweet Escape' from iTunes, 'Early Winter' and 'Yummy' and 'The Sweet Escape' are good songs as well as her released one 'Wind it Up'

Fish.
14-01-07, 00:00
She's awful!:hea:

Legends
14-01-07, 00:03
I can't stand her. She's like the most annoying person ever!
No Doubt were great, their music was actually good, but the crap that she come up with is simply unusable and annoying.

domina
14-01-07, 00:23
I loved what Brian from Family Guy said about her: "I don't know what a 'hollaback girl' is... All I know is I want her dead."

I don't actually want her dead, but to be frank, I think her music and overall look just sucks these days. Like others, I loved her in No Doubt and she had one solo song I liked (it was slower... "Cool," I think), but most of her music is just downright freaking annoying.

konichi-wa
14-01-07, 01:25
i love gwen she is so awsome:D

Spitfire
14-01-07, 04:13
I used to think Gwen was the reason No Doubt stayed around so long and still could produce great music. Then i heard her solo album, there girl has far to many out of this world ideas that are way to crazy for my taste. I thought her first CD was o.k. nothing spectacular but nothing horrible. Her second CD just completely threw her to the side for me. The lyrics sound like they were conceived by a 12-year-old girl thinking about boys while bored in class. The beats, while some carry nostalgic feelings, are cracked out techno beats.

Poor Gwen has lost her mind, her old amazing fashion sense, and my respect. She tried going solo, now she should try getting back with the band and salvaging herself and tossing that funky hip-hop blond wig. A little less conceited and we got ourself a winner again.

MyList88
14-01-07, 05:21
Don't Speak
What you waiting for
It's My Life

are good songs, i like them

btw... Franz Ferdinand did a "What you waiting for" cover...it's ok....gwen does it better though

Sofitegan
14-01-07, 11:06
i love no doubt, they are one of my favourite bands (im wearing a No Doubt top right now!) But i really hate the solo stuff shes come up with. I recieved the first solo album as a birthday gift a few years ago... some of it is okay... but it's nowhere near as good as the no doubt stuff.
i havent got her second album, and the only track i've heard off it is "wind it up"... my opinion? crap. complete and utter bulll****.

Now just in case she ever sees this, i want to give her this message:

GET BACK WITH NO DOUBT WHILE THERES STILL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viper456
14-01-07, 11:22
gwen stefani is a legend.

one of my favourite artists. I LOVE no doubt, one of my favourite bands and Gwen solo is also really good, but i do have some songs which rate better than others and i prefered the first album to the second :)

Angelus
14-01-07, 11:31
I loved what Brian from Family Guy said about her: "I don't know what a 'hollaback girl' is... All I know is I want her dead."

I don't actually want her dead, but to be frank, I think her music and overall look just sucks these days. Like others, I loved her in No Doubt and she had one solo song I liked (it was slower... "Cool," I think), but most of her music is just downright freaking annoying.

What season is that? :confused:

Lew
14-01-07, 19:24
Well Gwen Stefani's new stuff isn't basically 'rockish' than her No Doubt stuff, maybe thats why?

danitiwa
14-01-07, 19:26
I think she's ok, I love "Yummy" :D

Lew
14-01-07, 19:28
I think she's ok, I love "Yummy" :D

Ohh I do too! Lol

domina
14-01-07, 19:32
What season is that? :confused:

I don't remember - This (http://www.familyguyquotes.com/characters/brian-quotes-3.html) has a list of quotes from Family Guy, though. It might tell you something if you dig around a little. :)

laracroft8290
15-01-07, 03:59
The key to Love.Angel.Music.Baby was the fact that it was her first solo album. It was also inspired of the Harajuku Girls. That's the common thread that pulls the entire album together and makes it feel complete. Some of the songs stray from that but it works because it was strictly Gwen.

The Sweet Escape tries to take LAMB to the next level but it falls short. She tries too hard to be herself...if that makes sense. Gwen was trying to take the first album to the next level and it works with some tracks like Yummy and The Sweet Escape but it fails with some like Don't Get It Twisted. Orange County Girl is good but it feels like a spinoff of "just a girl" though just a girl is talking about being a girl in general while "orange county" is more about gwen herself.

But overall that is Gwen Stefani. She always tries something different... she tries to put her own unique twist on everything. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

AmericanAssassin
15-01-07, 04:00
I love most of her music. Solo and No Doubt!

Roddy100
18-01-07, 02:19
Does anyone else love the song "Serious"? :D

Hell yeah! That's my favourite of her solo songs!

Angelus
18-01-07, 17:16
I don't remember - This (http://www.familyguyquotes.com/characters/brian-quotes-3.html) has a list of quotes from Family Guy, though. It might tell you something if you dig around a little. :)

Thanks! It's from the episode 'Deep Throats' in Season 4. I knew I'd heard it before. :tmb: