PDA

View Full Version : I am complaning about my look.

Aurimas
13-01-07, 21:34

Lara Lover
13-01-07, 21:37
Everyone is beautiful in everyway. :hug:

jamieoliver22
13-01-07, 21:39
Surgery? :p

No, but really. I am sure you are beautiful too, you shouldn't put yourself down, it won't make you feel any good. I used to think this, but since then I have come to the fact that there is nothing I can do and people just need to like me for what I am, if they don't, its there loss..

Jamie.

Ampersand
13-01-07, 21:40
I wouldn't feel bad about it if I were you. Think of it this way: for every person better-looking than you, there are a dozen damn ugly buggers to make you look a lot better. :D

Lara Lover
13-01-07, 21:44
I wouldn't feel bad about it if I were you. Think of it this way: for every person better-looking than you, there are a dozen damn ugly buggers to make you look a lot better. :D

OMFG!! That is great advice!! :D :vlol:

ace_85
13-01-07, 21:45

ROFL :D

AmericanAssassin
13-01-07, 21:46
Keep clean, dress decent, be nice to everyone. That's what consider beauty, especially the last part.

Geck-o-Lizard
13-01-07, 21:54
Stop being paranoid. ;)

Most people at one time or another tend to see inadequacy in themselves compared to others around them. Just be confident and remember that you don't need to even look like folk around you to be pretty. The most beautiful people in the world are those whose originality and personality shines through in what they wear, not the plastic bimbos on MTV.

Now unless you've got enormous scars over your face, an eye missing, and teeth that stick out past your nose, personally I don't think you really need to worry about your looks. :)

Anniversary Lara
13-01-07, 22:13
Actually I am complaining about my looks too. At school were many many people who told me I'm ugly. They even yelled it behind me that I am... :rolleyes: But now I'm out of school and there are no people who are telling me I'm ugly. Now I look at the things I like about me and it got a little bit better.

Keep clean, dress decent, be nice to everyone. That's what consider beauty, especially the last part.

This is good advice I try to follow, too :)

Spitfire
13-01-07, 22:18
Usually when you feel insecure about yourself and loess desirable than others the outer effect is you become that way.

I remember i used to be alot heavier and my hair was messy and face had acne. I felt horrible about myself and always dressed sloppy and was somewhat shy.
I lost 80 pounds, used facial creams, and have since dressed much better. Find something you can change, fix yourself up, treat yourself! Usually you'll feel better and most importantly people will see your personality really come out.

Plus, people who are insanely beautiful from hours of maintaince usually spend way to much time on themselves to be interesting :p

deepbluesea
13-01-07, 22:18
It's whats inside that counts I don't even look at what people look like. Only people who don't particulaly care what they're like as people worry too much about what people around them look like, so in my opinion worry about the inside not the outside.

Spitfire
13-01-07, 22:32
I'm sorry but that could be taken too ways.
Attraction is only on looks, but regardless of what anyone says, physical looks do matter to a degree. They often reflect what a persons thinks of themself and treats themself.

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-01-07, 22:38
Don't be so hard on yourself. The biggest misconception about beauty is that there is only one type - the Covergirl supermodel type. Very wrong. And as corny as it may sound, the most beautiful people in the world are the ones who have inner beauty as well. You just need to accept yourself for who you are, everyone's different and beautiful in their own ways. :)

Geck-o-Lizard
13-01-07, 22:38
Deepbluesea - No matter who you are or what you think, ALL humans are affected by the outward appearances of others. It's naive to think you're less appearances-oriented than the rest of humanity. ;) It's people who actually ignore or overlook the inner side of others who're shallow.

BlackGrey
13-01-07, 22:42
I see your point, I go to college with all these really beautiful people, no joke! I go to a college full of models lol. Whenever I'm around these people I feel under-dressed but I realise that these people must be just as insecure as I am if they put so much effort into looking so good. Well that's what I tell myself :pi:

Kamrusepas
13-01-07, 22:43
I feel that almoust all people around me is beautiful, but I am not. This realy burns my life.

There will always be beautiful people around you. You can't let this affect your image about yourself, that kind of attitude will get you nowhere. If all I thought about was how many people prettier than me I'm gonna see outside, I'd never get out the door.

AmericanAssassin
13-01-07, 22:53
What most people are saying is true. It is the inside that counts. However, the outside of yourself creates a first impression. You need to attempt to look decent. Everybody can do it.

I'm not saying buy expensive clothes and get a weekly haircut. Just be clean cut and people will generally like you.

ace_85
13-01-07, 22:53
There will always be beautiful people around you. You can't let this affect your image about yourself, that kind of attitude will get you nowhere. If all I thought about was how many people prettier than me I'm gonna see outside, I'd never get out the door.

This is probably the single best piece of advice I've heard in a long time :tmb:

The other thing to realise in life is that hardly anyone notices all those 'imperfections' in ourselves that we worry about, much less judges us on them. You'll find that most people have insecurities - maybe not about the same things as you - but at one time or another everyone will have felt the same way. It's never as easy as simply saying it makes it sound, but try to put your concerns to one side as much as possible :)

Geck-o-Lizard
13-01-07, 22:54
Just don't ever forget the fact that unless you dress absolutely bizarrely, or you're horribly deformed, nobody will care. If your hair's out of place, nobody but your best friends will notice (unless it turns into an afro when you don't tie it back... in which case a few more folk may see something's up, lol).

Most of the flaws we see in ourselves are invisible to everyone else. Don't forget that and end up working yourself up into a tizzy. :)

jjbennett
13-01-07, 23:08
Anyone with half a brain will look at the person, not the face.

J.

domina
13-01-07, 23:27
I think a few people mentioned in this thread that they go to college with gorgeous people, which I find kinda funny since a lot of my roommates at college said the same thing; one girl I lived with actually said she was afraid of her boyfriend visiting because of the all the pretty people! Oddly enough, this was about the time when I came to terms with how I looked.

This isn't to say that I think I'm drop dead gorgeous, but for all my bad features, I've got good ones, too. I know that for all the people that look better than me, there are people that look worse than me. That's just a fact of life. There's always going to be some prettier, smarter, more athletic, more creative - The list goes on. But the trick is not focusing on that. Don't compare yourself to other people; that is one of the worst things you can do for your self-esteem (in either way - chances are you'll wind up completely self-deprecating or completely arrogant).

Instead, focus on you. Focus on what's good about you - There's nothing wrong with being happy with yourself. Somewhere down the line people confused being content with who you are and what you look like with arrogance; that's not the case. And if there are areas that you're still not happy with, you can do one of two things: Try to fix it (i.e., a person who is overweight should try to lose the weight if that makes them unhappy) or accept it (i.e., I have a crooked nose and I'm not getting plastic surgery so that's just something I deal with).

Catapharact
13-01-07, 23:32
I feel that almoust all people around me is beautiful, but I am not. This realy burns my life. What to do?

Froum, I want you to realize now as to why Cat complains about overbearing emos.

THIS is a perfect example.

Geck-o-Lizard
13-01-07, 23:39
Anyone with half a brain will look at the person, not the face.

J.

And anyone with a whole brain will look at both... even against their own will. ;)

CerebralAssassin
13-01-07, 23:44
I feel that almoust all people around me is beautiful, but I am not. This realy burns my life. What to do?

Ill tell you what to do...:)

if it's something specific you don't like about you, for example,your overweight,then loose the weight!:p

if you don't like the hair,fix the hair!!

..get the idea??:p

Legends
13-01-07, 23:44
I'm sorry to say this but, stop being paranoid, or plastic surgery.

lorien elf
14-01-07, 04:29
The world is too shallow, and just because almost everyone focuses on the superficial things in life, doesn't mean that it's ok. I have a lot of cynical and negative things to say about the human race, so one thought to share is how people raise the importance, significance of looks just to give themselves something to compare others by, because there's nothing better on the inside to be held accountable for or to judge others by (some people just have nothing better to do with their lives...). Heck, that doesn't make sense as I wanted it to but oh well.

But you really shouldn't let these concerns weigh you down, it will hurt your self-esteem and if you need that kind of boost in confidence then don't let yourself be duped by the world's views that beauty (only skin deep is as far as they can get) actually matters. It doesn't. Like AmericanAssassin said, correct me if I'm wrong, it's better just to stay clean and take care of your health,, but forget about the rest. No one beautiful person on this planet can brag about his or her looks. They didn't do a single thing to make their faces that attractive on their own, (if they were just naturally beautiful) and plastic surgery can't even fix everything. We come out the way God made us, physically (or whatever you choose to believe, even if it's evolution, you can't conciously make any of your features change to suit your likes, can you? well, neither can the beautiful people. So it's no credit to them either), what we can change is what we make of ourselves as we grow up and survive this world.

Who you are on the inside can give you the worth/value you're looking for. In the end, it really doesn't matter if you don't see yourself as attractive as the next person, because at least at the end of the day, if you live well and treat others as damned best as you can, you're the better person. At the end of your life, wouldn't you want the judgment of your life's work/achievements to be about what you did for others or even to make yourself a better person (inside) than about how good you looked? Don't worry about it so much. People usually attack physical features like that (with comments about ugliness) because that's the best they can do. people that do that, I'd wager, wouldn't know a damn thing about real character, or else they'd spend their lives proving it. We're all going to age anyway. There'll never be a fix for death, so, in the end, even beauty fades.

Spitfire
14-01-07, 04:35
If you feel you are inadequate it is because you have something in mind. Most of the time you can fix it and you know you can. So fix it.
If it's something small like "my nose is to big" or "my ears stick out" you need to realize those little things don't matter and most of the time make you who you are. Sometimes those features actually are what people remember and in a good way.
Dwelling on what you see was your imperfections only makes you look and feel worse.
When people say things like "you're ugly" or point out what they see as flaws it is because they are insecure about themselves, and that's a fact.

Fraaadrik
14-01-07, 05:19

The problem with people is that you care too much. :whi:
Stop comparing yourself with others and the problem is solved, noone is perfect.

MyList88
14-01-07, 05:28
Plus, people who are insanely beautiful from hours of maintaince usually spend way to much time on themselves to be interesting :p

god that is so true. I was a shy kid in middle school. Never had many friends and dressed nerdy.

But now in highschool, I got a haircut, dress a lot better (I always have my pinstripe blazer on at somepoint) and have said 'F' what other ppl think. I got in with the popular kids and the scene hardcore kids. It turns out....most of them are boring and really not funny like my friends are.....i don't want to brag but we're hilarious:D So i sort of felt stupid idolizing these kids and realized Im way cooler than they'll ever be. :hug:

Sofitegan
14-01-07, 11:00
Ugly, pretty, beautiful, hideous, what does it matter?

you have to accept the body/face whatever you have because its the only one you're ever gonna get.

(unless of course, like several others have said your body is unhealthy in which case you have to sort that out obviously.)

viper456
14-01-07, 11:04
ok so just so you know, there is ALWAYS someone out there that will find you attractive no matter what you think! that is something you have to always remember :)

Secondly, theres got to be something you like about yourself? Personally I like my hair, so i look after it and what not and it makes me feel better knowing theres something im comfortable with :)

star girl
14-01-07, 13:28
Outer beauty is not the only thing, we need to look in ourselves for true beauty.

I know someone, who is quite aged, but lean and no wrinkles. She dresses like a teenager, and when you talk to her, you're like: "What the hell man?!" :confused:

The point is to feel good about yourself, if you're overweight, then calmly plan something about it. If you're suffering from acne, have patience. If it's any other problem, then find a solution. I suggest you take part is debates, or drama. Or some other side-activity (that is if you're in school). It will give you a confidence-boost. And be strong. Today's world cannot be trusted, so definitely be strong for yourself... Things will become better themselves. :hug:

Greenkey2
14-01-07, 16:27
Most of the flaws we see in ourselves are invisible to everyone else. Don't forget that and end up working yourself up into a tizzy. :)

Dead true :rolleyes: As soon as I worked that one out I felt more comfortable with my looks, and about who I am. The same is true of everyone, so it can also apply to you Andariel :hug: Learn to love yourself for who you are, not what the world seems to think you should be.

Angelx14
14-01-07, 16:28
I am complaning about my look.
Well, I think we all do sometimes. Everyone's beautiful in their own way.:)

Lavinder
14-01-07, 17:49
No matter how much I tell myself that I look 'normal' I still can't look someone in the eye while they are talking to me. Or look them in the eye while I'm talking to them because I'm paranoid about them picking out my imperfections like spots, dry patches, oily patches, scars etc etc.

Even with all these insecurities I know that people 'fancy' me, and that when I go in to the big wide world I will find loads of people who fancy me, probably even good looking girl/boys if i'm lucky!

If you think your ugly, or hate your look then sit back and watch the people around you, even the most 'ugly' people have respect and boyfriends/girlfriends. Mostly because they have confidence and a big personality that draws the opposite sex towards them, go out with your head held high smiling and laughing, your sure to have some attention. It's always going to be hard in school because everyone judges, hell high school is just one big ol' popularity contest.

Jacob x5
14-01-07, 20:46
Personally I'm not worried about the way I look at all. The only negative comments I've ever had about my look are from people who are delibrately trying to find things wrong with me so that they can pick on me, and that doesn't count. :ton: I obviously look fine since I'm not excluded from society. :D Outside of school I'm not a particularly social person, and I have no desire to blend in with the croud and conform to the typical 'I'm goin' aght wiv me mates' teenager.

peeves
15-01-07, 14:38
I complain about my looks whenever I wear glasses. I have glassses but never wear em coz I'm so vain about my looks. I don't like to look white and nerdy.
:vlol: ROTFLOL :vlol:

Luba
15-01-07, 16:23
I think nobody is absolutely satisfied with their appearance. It's natural for humans. ;)
I'm sure everybody has their advantages, we are just to notice & value them.

P.S. Smb wise said, that if a person cares much of his\her appearance, it means that he doesn't have more serious problems.
If this is about you, I'm really glad:)

Anniversary Lara
15-01-07, 21:55
I complain about my looks whenever I wear glasses. I have glassses but never wear em coz I'm so vain about my looks. I don't like to look white and nerdy.
:vlol: ROTFLOL :vlol:

I had that problem, too! At first I liked my glasses but after a while I didn't like them anymore. So I didn't wear them. I rather wanted to look good instead of seeing good lol. But then I had to wear them because I began driving a car. I told my mum I want other glasses without a frame and since then I'm wearing my glasses and I love them :)

vespertea
16-01-07, 03:30
Everyone is beautiful in everyway. :hug:

Everyone is beautiful in *different ways.

Spitfire
16-01-07, 03:48
I think nobody is absolutely satisfied with their appearance. It's natural for humans. ;)
I'm sure everybody has their advantages, we are just to notice & value them.

P.S. Smb wise said, that if a person cares much of his\her appearance, it means that he doesn't have more serious problems.
If this is about you, I'm really glad:)

True, no one is absolutely satisfied with thier appearance but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to improve yourself.

As xMissCroftx would agree,
"Once you stop striving for perfection, you might as well die"

Aurimas
17-01-07, 19:21

danitiwa
17-01-07, 19:26
I'm your chubby average freak. The black clothes and eyeliner don't hide that.

tr_mitch
17-01-07, 19:34
The black clothes and eyeliner don't hide that.

A bag would! LOL.

Lavinder
17-01-07, 19:44
I do not say I am always not beautiful, but sometimes I look realy awful.

Doesn't everyone?

And even so called 'perfect' people don't look good :

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8940/untitled1lp7.jpg

danitiwa
17-01-07, 19:51
A bag would! LOL.

That made me feel so much beter. :p:vlol:

Aurimas
17-01-07, 19:56