PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse

taika
14-01-07, 11:09
Does anybody else like her? she's my favourite artist around at the moment, great music, amazing album too... great live :) if you're a fan of 60s music you'll probably love her.

CuteKittenlol
14-01-07, 11:12
I don't like her.
I don't like her voice, her look....anything about her :p

Not the sort of stuff I would listen to XD

taika
14-01-07, 11:14
Fair enough:)
if you haven't heard any of her music, here is some clips of her singing live on Radio 1 in the live lounge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqF2Cvh5LQA - (You Know) I'm No Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r74XbrYWHNA - Cover of Valerie by the zutons

Mad Tony
14-01-07, 11:16
Can't stand her voice.
I don't like her either. :p

Angelus
14-01-07, 11:18
I can't stand her or her voice. :tmb:

taika
14-01-07, 11:19
Ok well I guess I'm alone with this one then...

I personally feel she is one of the best singers in the UK at the moment, if not the best, and someone who can actually sing live rather than have a computer generated voice. :)

Elysia
14-01-07, 11:22
You're not alone - I like her. I think she has an amazing voice - almost Nina Simone-ish in quality. However, she does appeal to a more mature audience - she's very bluesy and jazzy, which isn't very 'popular' right now.

Jacob x5
14-01-07, 12:10
She freaks me out.

Angelus
14-01-07, 12:32
Same here. What's going on with her eyes?

taika
14-01-07, 12:38
phew, elysia! Just because she dresses differently doesn't, or shouldn't, reflect how you feel about her music. She has her own style, that some people obviously don't like, but at the end of the day, she's dressing how she wants to and she's happy like that. Though I don't particually like her 'style', I do like the fact that she doesn't conform to how society thinks everyone should dress, e.g. the usual, celebrity/hollywood look.:)

jjbennett
14-01-07, 13:19
I don't like her.

Same with me, anyone see her on "never mind the buzzcocks" She was rather drunk and just showed herself up royally.

J.

CuteKittenlol
14-01-07, 13:29
Same with me, anyone see her on "never mind the buzzcocks" She was rather drunk and just showed herself up royally.

J.
Yeah, I saw that.
She was on the ''Friday Night Project'' too [The one with David Tennant me thinks]. Har har, it makes me laugh just thinking about it, she looked so confused XD

Paperdoll
14-01-07, 14:22
Fair enough:)
if you haven't heard any of her music, here is some clips of her singing live on Radio 1 in the live lounge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqF2Cvh5LQA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqF2Cvh5LQA) - (You Know) I'm No Good

I quite liked that one, her voice reminds me a bit of Lauryn Hill, a bit of a change from the bunch of talentless girls that flood tv nowadays.

Angelx14
14-01-07, 17:32
Never heard about her..O.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqF2Cvh5LQA - (You Know) I'm No Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r74XbrYWHNA - Cover of Valerie by the zutons
She has a very nice voice.:) I like all singers, except those young 15-20 aged girls/boys..><

Elysia
14-01-07, 17:36
phew, elysia! Just because she dresses differently doesn't, or shouldn't, reflect how you feel about her music. She has her own style, that some people obviously don't like, but at the end of the day, she's dressing how she wants to and she's happy like that. Though I don't particually like her 'style', I do like the fact that she doesn't conform to how society thinks everyone should dress, e.g. the usual, celebrity/hollywood look.:)
Err, what? I didn't comment on her style at all... I commented that I liked her music. *Is confused*

irjudd
14-01-07, 17:42
Don't like.

Lavinder
14-01-07, 18:21
I love her music, but i'm afraid to say that if a person is not screaming down a mic or if they are not 'dropping it like its hot' the youngsters don't like it.

I am going to get her album, and on the FNP she did not look drunk at all, but I might not have noticed because I was too busy staring at sexy David .T.

And at least she can actually sing live using her own brilliant voice.

jackali
14-01-07, 19:41
I like her music, but I don't like Amy Wino at all.

Reggie
14-01-07, 20:04
Very talented and I love blues/jazz so its right up my street. When I get the chance, I'll have to buy the album :tmb:

lita212
14-01-07, 20:55
i love her. it does my head in now though cause so many people are bummin her and its like omg if you was a fan then ya would have known bought her first album when it was released. ive been a fan of hers from the begginging and it does my head in wen ppl lie and say they have too when they clearly dont know any of her previouse songs b4 rehab

RAID
14-01-07, 20:56
I don't like her.

I like the Amy in your avatar though :D

taika
14-01-07, 22:24
Err, what? I didn't comment on her style at all... I commented that I liked her music. *Is confused*

sorry Elysia I didn't word my post very well. I ment "Phew, elysia!" (someone agrees with me) then should have made a seperate paragraph addressing my views to other members who were saying stuff about the way she looks.
Lita> I suppose people just hear about music in different ways, maybe they didn't hear her first time round. I do have her first album, but I have to say I do prefer Back to Black, I think she has grown up a lot. Also, I'd say this album is pretty different musically from her last.
Reggie and Lavinder> I'm sure you'll love the new album. There's not a single song on there I dislike, and for me, thats quite an achievement!
haha.

Elysia
15-01-07, 17:57
sorry Elysia I didn't word my post very well. I ment "Phew, elysia!" (someone agrees with me) then should have made a seperate paragraph addressing my views to other members who were saying stuff about the way she looks.
:D That's okay! I was just a bit confused, that's all ;) (It happens - old age and excessive amounts of exam marking does it, you know...)

CuteKittenlol
15-01-07, 18:01
I like the Amy in your avatar though :D
Lol, me too, I adore her :p