PDA

View Full Version : Automated Translations...

ANoDE
14-01-07, 13:43
Hi folks!
I was feeling bored today, so I tried something funny.
Since my mother tounge is german, I thought, it might be interesting to see, how gooogle or babelfish would translate these forums. And the results were quite funny. Since we are using so many abbreviations and thingies, the grammar and sense of the translated texts were completely out of order. You should try that sometime!

Quiver.
14-01-07, 14:04
LOL, I just tried it, really funny :P

Joseph
14-01-07, 15:41
Automated Translations... are weird! It almost always does not function correctly. They hope you go for the payed version. But the free versions are bad promotion if you ask me... :whi:

Forwen
14-01-07, 16:57
Once upon a time a mod on Polish forum posted for fun an automated translation of Legend preview that contained a crapload of "return to the roots" phrases - I thought I'd roll over reading that :vlol:

Punaxe
14-01-07, 17:22
Automated translations can be very useful, as long as you know how to use them. They have limits, but small bits of text are processed pretty well. It can be a great help for correct grammar in langauges that have a lot of conjugations and stuff like that.

Anniversary Lara
14-01-07, 17:35
Hi folks!
I was feeling bored today, so I tried something funny.
Since my mother tounge is german, I thought, it might be interesting to see, how gooogle or babelfish would translate these forums. And the results were quite funny. Since we are using so many abbreviations and thingies, the grammar and sense of the translated texts were completely out of order. You should try that sometime!

Hallo Völker!
Ich war das Gefühl, das heute gebohrt wurde, also versuchte ich lustiges etwas.
Da mein Muttertounge deutsch ist-, dachte ich, es konnte interessant sein zu sehen, wie gooogle oder babelfish diese Foren übersetzen würden. Und die Resultate waren ziemlich lustig. Da wir so viele Abkürzungen und thingies benutzen, waren die Grammatik und die Richtung der übersetzten Texte vollständig außer Betrieb. Du solltest den einmal versuchen!

lol the bold sentence is the only one which is right :vlol: It's really funny :tmb: But of course you can't translate a text word by word into another language. You have to think in the other language and consider their own expressions.

tampi
14-01-07, 19:09
All the programs are horrifying, but useful. :( :o
I say it by own experience. :D :cln:

tomblover
14-01-07, 19:31
Babelfish can't translate into Swedish. :(

danitiwa
14-01-07, 19:34
Good lord, you should see it in swedish! It is :cen: up!

Heres what you said Anod:

Hi folks!
Jag var känsla som i dag borrades, så jag försökte något som var rolig.
Sedan mitt fostra, är tounge tysk, tänkte jag, kan den intresserar för att se, hur skulle gooogle eller babelfish översätter dessa fora. Och resultaten var ganska roliga. Sedan vi använder så många förkortningar och thingies, var grammatiken och avkänningen av de översatta texterna fullständigt ut ur beställer. Du bör försök som sometime!

Tomblovers gonna barf of laughter if he reads this.

I did it with:http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

tomblover
14-01-07, 19:39
Holy Molly! That is funny and scary! :vlol: :yik:

I'm viewing TRF in French. :D

danitiwa
14-01-07, 19:47
In the log in spot it says: minns mig? :vlol:

tomblover
14-01-07, 19:55
Yep, although it should be more like "Kom ihåg mig".

danitiwa
14-01-07, 19:57
Yep, although it should be more like "Kom ihåg mig".

Yeah, there's tons of other good stuff.