PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied

tombfan91
14-01-07, 17:35
just trying to see if there are any fans here. i love this show lol. still don't get the ending though.

xBPl6JQQDYw

note: the video does contain a tiny bit of nudity, but i consider it art if this is a problem than could a mod remove the video?

tlr online
14-01-07, 17:37
Interesting movie. Thanks for posting tombfan91.

Kamrusepas
14-01-07, 17:39
There was just a thread here about EL. I still refer to my old comment: "That show is nothing but nekkid violence!" [said by a person who's actually watched it]

Oh yeah, I do love the theme, Lilium. Probably just because it's in Latin.

Jacob x5
14-01-07, 17:41
It looks to me like a naked girl in some squiggles cuddling a blue man. Seems kind of crappy. :ton: Although it is terribly ignorant of me to say that when I've only seen that short clip. ;)

tlr online
14-01-07, 17:43
... said by a person who's actually watched it.

I cleared this to be posted yesterday Kam, after watching it a few times to be sure it could be posted and discussed here maturely. :wve:

tombfan91
14-01-07, 17:43
It looks to me like a naked girl in some squiggles cuddling a blue man. Seems kind of crappy. :ton: Although it is terribly ignorant of me to say that when I've only seen that short clip. ;)

i think the opening is the only soft side to the show. you kinda get something completely different when you watch the episodes lol.

Joseph
14-01-07, 17:52
I find it very beautifull! :tmb: The design apart from the anime characters is based on a Gustav Klimt painting called "The Kiss". The neo-renaissance-esque music fits very well. Interesting combo, i like the style! :)

Jacob x5
14-01-07, 17:52
Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on which way you want to look at it) my first impression has meant that I don't plan on watching the show.

Ampersand
14-01-07, 17:55
I've watched a bit of it and thought it was quite fascinating. An acquired taste though - to me, bucketloads of blood just seems wrong in a cartoon, lol.

Apofiss
14-01-07, 18:04
I'd say the best anime series ever made... till Ergo Proxy came out, that is :tmb: Actually yeah, most of the public make a huge accent on the blood content in EL while expressing the very first impression... even though it tries to show something else (and pretty successfully imo). Definitely NOT for non-mature minds.

*watches Tona-gura!* :D

Lenochka
>.> To much nudity for me... It's like there dying to draw naked people over there in japan xD

Personally i would rather go with an anime like Arjuna :tmb:

tombfan91
I find it very beautifull! :tmb: The design apart from the anime characters is based on a Gustav Klimt painting called "The Kiss". The neo-renaissance-esque music fits very well. Interesting combo, i like the style! :)

o wow. i never knew that haha.glad you liked it.

Kamrusepas
14-01-07, 18:05
(...) to me, bucketloads of blood just seems wrong in a cartoon, lol.

You do know there are people who will hang you for calling anime 'a cartoon'? :D

Yuna´s Wish
14-01-07, 18:07
I liked it...but I suffered when those boys killed the poor dog :( They got what they deserved. :)

MiCkiZ88
14-01-07, 18:09
You do know there are people who will hang you for calling anime 'a cartoon'? :D

who did call? where.. when :mad: :p

It looks pretty good. I really like the style and the music :)

Kamrusepas
14-01-07, 18:10
who did call? where.. show me at em :mad: :p

You're an anime fan too?

MiCkiZ88
14-01-07, 18:11
You're an anime fan too?

Have to admit. Not a serious fan though but I watch them when I get the change. :)

Kamrusepas
14-01-07, 18:12
Huh. You learn something new every day.

Then again I guess it's a very small step from playing FF to watching anime.

tombfan91
14-01-07, 18:19
I liked it...but I suffered when those boys killed the poor dog :( They got what they deserved. :)

o i know what you mean :( by any chance did you watch the final episode? cuz i didn't quite get the ending.

Betal
14-01-07, 18:21
I just watched a video on elfen lied on youtube. A guy toutched a girls boob and she maked sound like this: nyu nyu and she liked it. Strange serie o.O

Ampersand
14-01-07, 18:23

LOL! Well it's animated, so in my book that falls under the broad category of 'cartoon'. :p

Lavinder
14-01-07, 18:24
Gah, i'm mad. I want to draw like that...

Yuna´s Wish
14-01-07, 18:24
o i know what you mean :( by any chance did you watch the final episode? cuz i didn't quite get the ending.

I did...but I didn´t get it either :p The only thing I got to understand (and I´m not sure since it´s a very shallow idea) is that: Nyu returned as Nyu, not Lucy. And somehow, her appearance fixed the clock she was also trying to repair when she was Nyu. So the correct work of the clock might be a hint of Nyu´s (not Lucy´s) return. Though, it´s quite a silly theory. I could not get anything else.

Apofiss
14-01-07, 18:27
...did you watch the final episode? cuz i didn't quite get the ending.

As far as I remember she (Nyu) did survive as she was standing behind gate entry, tho we can only see her shadow. (and that clock started to work again hmmm :pi: )

tombfan91
14-01-07, 18:31
didn't lucy have two sides. her and nyu? isn't it the horns that kept lucy alive? i don't know i always thought that lucy died but than i remember at the end lucy reached for something with her vectors..... i think the horns are what kept lucy alive and when she lost it. nyu returned. i guess it's the same thing you said, but it does make sense lol.

Apofiss
14-01-07, 18:44
No not the horns (she was geneticly a Diclonious..... I'm sure I wrote it wrongly eh) ...she was just emotionaly hiding (as Nyu) from what she really was, two sides. I think it's just that she wouldn't have to wear caps any more so she could be like a human XD ..or maybe she lost her powers (vectors) together with horns hmm.

Jacob x5
14-01-07, 18:47
Actually yeah, most of the public make a huge accent on the blood content in EL while expressing the very first impression... even though it tries to show something else (and pretty successfully imo). Definitely NOT for non-mature minds.

It's hard to say that something with bucket-loads of blood is made by mature minds, let alone for them.

>.> To much nudity for me... It's like there dying to draw naked people over there in japan xD

Exactly. They can call it what they like, it's still pretty unnecessary.

It's a cartoon. Live with it. :ton: (Comment aimed at those who would hang one for calling anime a cartoon :ton:)

Apofiss
14-01-07, 18:55
It's hard to say that something with bucket-loads of blood is made by mature minds, let alone for them.

Er.. "creative" mature minds :whi: I personally don't like anything with too gore content (or at all), imo it was just the right indgredient for that specific anime to tell/show the whole story sucessfully.

tombfan91
14-01-07, 19:12
No not the horns (she was geneticly a Diclonious..... I'm sure I wrote it wrongly eh) ...she was just emotionaly hiding (as Nyu) from what she really was, two sides. I think it's just that she wouldn't have to wear caps any more so she could be like a human XD ..or maybe she lost her powers (vectors) together with horns hmm.

oo boy i always get a headache everytime i try to figure out the ending lol. but what you said makes perfect sense.