PDA

View Full Version : What would Lara say...

Jin Uzuki
15-01-07, 10:25
...as a spokesperson of the Tomb Raider franchise regarding the bumpy ride the series has been through? How would she put into words her gratitude towards the fans for still sticking to the series and continually believing?

Kind of like her line in the Anniversary trailer:

"Sometimes, to understand your present, you have to go back to your past. And this time, things will be different."

Here's what I think she'd say to us after the commercial disaster that is AOD and the commercial success that is Legend:

"You probably thought you've seen the last of me when I fell into the darkness..."

What do you think? :D

angelika
15-01-07, 10:40
I think you disregard the fact that there is great amount of people who actually liked AOD. So you can't really put words in her mouth which will satisfy all funs. :)

Jin Uzuki
15-01-07, 11:32
I think you disregard the fact that there is great amount of people who actually liked AOD. So you can't really put words in her mouth which will satisfy all funs. :)

That's not the point at all of this thread, angelika. I do not think I am disregarding the fact that many people liked AOD as evidenced by my asking for what you fellow fans think what Lara would say on behalf of what the entire series had gone through. For me, it was a commercial failure for the TR series after AOD and then a success after Legend.

danitiwa
15-01-07, 11:34
I loved the AOD interview. :) The bloopers were awesome too. We finally got to see her make mistakes.

angelika
15-01-07, 12:06
That's not the point at all of this thread, angelika. I do not think I am disregarding the fact that many people liked AOD as evidenced by my asking for what you fellow fans think what Lara would say on behalf of what the entire series had gone through. For me, it was a commercial failure for the TR series after AOD and then a success after Legend.

I guess I didn't understand. Sorry

Jin Uzuki
15-01-07, 12:21
I guess I didn't understand. Sorry

Well, okay, putting that aside... ;) What do you think would be a fitting line to summarize the entirety of the Tomb Raider series, angelika?

Lara Croft!
15-01-07, 12:21

Exactly!!!I like AOD more than Legend....So from where I'm sitting,Lara would say... "My trip to the Darkness was for my most devoted followers...for those who they don't get it,there's always Legend..."

I'm not being serious of course,I'm just trying to make a point...

Jin Uzuki
15-01-07, 12:44
Exactly!!!I like AOD more than Legend....So from where I'm sitting,Lara would say... "My trip to the Darkness was for my most devoted followers...for those who they don't get it,there's always Legend..."

I'm not being serious of course,I'm just trying to make a point...

That's what I'm talking about. What you think Lara would say. :tmb:

Ward Dragon
15-01-07, 13:09
Lara: I've had many exciting adventures throughout my career as a Tomb Raider. While some people, mainly the press, viewed my later exploits as "more of the same," I am very privileged to have enough support to continue raiding to my heart's content. My sixth adventure was widely criticized due to the poor condition in which it was delivered. I deeply regret that the splendour of that memory was lost in the technical details, and that it will be a long time before you find out how it ended. As for my most recent...achievement, it did indeed gain a lot of favor from reviewers and the general gaming public. However, I sorely miss the depth and complexity of the old environments that I used to explore. I hope to return to those very soon, and I am optimistic that the best is yet to come.

(This is far longer than anything I could imagine Lara saying, but I think it would be fitting for a letter that she would write)

Jin Uzuki
15-01-07, 13:43
Lara: I've had many exciting adventures throughout my career as a Tomb Raider. While some people, mainly the press, viewed my later exploits as "more of the same," I am very privileged to have enough support to continue raiding to my heart's content. My sixth adventure was widely criticized due to the poor condition in which it was delivered. I deeply regret that the splendour of that memory was lost in the technical details, and that it will be a long time before you find out how it ended. As for my most recent...achievement, it did indeed gain a lot of favor from reviewers and the general gaming public. However, I sorely miss the depth and complexity of the old environments that I used to explore. I hope to return to those very soon, and I am optimistic that the best is yet to come.

(This is far longer than anything I could imagine Lara saying, but I think it would be fitting for a letter that she would write)

:jmp:

Well, that about sums up my thoughts on your post, Ward. :tmb:

I'm currently in the process of making a fan video of Tomb Raider, something I rarely do. I'm planning to ask Greenkey or Melonie to do a voice-over for the small project, and I may already have my script! :D

Anymore anyone? ;)

Ward Dragon
16-01-07, 04:23
:jmp:

Well, that about sums up my thoughts on your post, Ward. :tmb:

I'm currently in the process of making a fan video of Tomb Raider, something I rarely do. I'm planning to ask Greenkey or Melonie to do a voice-over for the small project, and I may already have my script! :D

Anymore anyone? ;)

Cool :D If you want to use my script, go for it :tmb:

Little-Lara
16-01-07, 05:02
This is something funny she said after an interview with Jay Leno:

Cameraman: okay, that's a wrap.

Jay: Well, thanks a lot, Lara. Your fans will really appreciate this interview.

Lara: Yeah. I just hope the public never find out that all this hard work and raiding was just to find the perfect fitting bra!

:D
I'm kidding, of course. :p

thevman
20-01-07, 14:38
Lara looks into the camera and says: "You think you've seen something truly amazing yet? Well stick around, I'm just warming up... " Sly grin grows on her face, fade to black.

Jin Uzuki
20-01-07, 14:46
Lara looks into the camera and says: "You think you've seen something truly amazing yet? Well stick around, I'm just warming up... " Sly grin grows on her face, fade to black.

That's a good one, V! :tmb: :D Although the facial expression part...I don't think I can manage to put that in! :D

Yuna´s Wish
20-01-07, 14:53
"Sometimes, to eradicate your dark past, you have to start again, from a new begining."

"I was just stressed. I apologise for my behaviour, my constant cruelty, my depressing words and my disappearing interest in raiding tombs...if only I hadn´t been accused for the only murder I did not commit. Six months have passed since then and I´ve changed: Seeing is believing."

Jin Uzuki
21-01-07, 00:47
"Sometimes, to eradicate your dark past, you have to start again, from a new begining."

"I was just stressed. I apologise for my behaviour, my constant cruelty, my depressing words and my disappearing interest in raiding tombs...if only I hadn´t been accused for the only murder I did not commit. Six months have passed since then and I´ve changed: Seeing is believing."

:D Seems so heartfelt! You game me an idea, Yuna, when you mentioned dark. :)

"You may have thought I've already fallen from light...and into obscurity."

"Well, I haven't... I just had to rest. Give a girl a break.: :D

Samsdad
22-01-07, 19:53
A great idea Jin. I really think that the focus should be positive. I like Vmans suggestion.

"Life is a journey that you embrace or run away from. I have never run from anything in my life and the journey has taken me to places that I could never had imagined. My one constant companion and support has been you - the loyal fans"

Rivendell
22-01-07, 20:05
Some good stuff coming up ^! :D

How's it coming along Jin?

Roddy100
22-01-07, 20:09
Here's what I think she'd say to us after the commercial disaster that is AOD and the commercial success that is Legend

Actually, AoD was also a commercial success but was a critical failure.

Jin Uzuki
22-01-07, 20:37
Thanks for that, Samsdad. It goes along the lines of what I've sent Mel and Jenni for the voicework, so it's pretty much alike. :tmb:

Chris, it's going along well. Discovered my PC lacks a few codecs to play some HQ media (from TRC). :D But everything's going well. :tmb: The intro especially, I'm quite proud of. It's kinda sad. :) :D

Roddy. Indeed. Thanks for bringing that up. ;)

Angelus
22-01-07, 20:38
"Okay, then. My last adventure didn't go down that well, so here I am on a new one. Btw, Kurtis is alive." ;)

Rivendell
22-01-07, 20:39
Looking forward to it! (Does the opening show her memorial service? That clip always makes me shiver..)

Samsdad
22-01-07, 21:02
Thanks for that, Samsdad. It goes along the lines of what I've sent Mel and Jenni for the voicework, so it's pretty much alike. :tmb:

Chris, it's going along well. Discovered my PC lacks a few codecs to play some HQ media (from TRC). :D But everything's going well. :tmb: The intro especially, I'm quite proud of. It's kinda sad. :) :D

Roddy. Indeed. Thanks for bringing that up. ;)

Looking forward to the final result. All of the best with your fine efforts.

Jin Uzuki
23-01-07, 09:45
"Okay, then. My last adventure didn't go down that well, so here I am on a new one. Btw, Kurtis is alive." ;)

:yik: No offence meant, Angelus, but I wouldn't include that last bit anytime soon! :D :hug:

@ Chris; that's something you'll have to see for yourself. I'm hoping this gets finished within the week. ;)

@ Samsdad; Thanks. I'll be sure to tell you when it's up. :tmb: