PDA

View Full Version : German help! Please?!

danitiwa
15-01-07, 18:22
Yo peoples, is there anybody on here that can speak/read german? cause I've tried online translators and they don't seem very right, they just say the same thing that I said in english in the german box. I need these words translated for me, thank you.

colorfull
loud
dangerous
gracious
tall
fast
vicious

Thank you so much if you manage. don't worry, I'm not cheating on my homework, I just need some adjectives. :p

Lew
15-01-07, 18:35
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en :wve: :)

tlr online
15-01-07, 18:39
Yo peoples, is there anybody on here that can speak/read german? cause I've tried online translators and they don't seem very right, they just say the same thing that I said in english in the german box. I need these words translated for me, thank you.

colorfull
loud
dangerous
gracious
tall
fast
vicious

Thank you so much if you manage. don't worry, I'm not cheating on my homework, I just need some adjectives. :p

bunt
laut
gefaehrlich
gracious
gross
schnell
vicious

jarhead
15-01-07, 18:39
Try this website. Its a dictionary, but your only doing single words so it should be correct

http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi?lang=en&service=&opterrors=0&optpro=0&query=+bequem+&comment=

danitiwa
15-01-07, 18:43
bunt
laut
gefaehrlich
gracious
gross
schnell
vicious

Thank you TRL! :) feel free to close this thread mods. I need somebody I can trust, not some crappy translator.

AnthonyShock1515
15-01-07, 18:46
Online translators aren;t bad. If you translating single words it can suffice. With sentences it can **** it up as it doesn't have grammer applied to it. Google as I've learned uses some grammar

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-01-07, 18:47
Okay, I'll close it then. :wve:

tlr online
15-01-07, 19:13
No need to close :wve:

xcrushterx
15-01-07, 19:14
Wow i never knew you could un-close threads lol.
i've never used online translators myself (i see no need to use them)

Lew
15-01-07, 19:15
I use to use a french one of google cause of French duh! But I didn't choose that lesson for GCSE so ya know lol

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-01-07, 19:15
No need to close :wve:

Meh... It's a learning process. :whi:

danitiwa
15-01-07, 19:18

that's life,
Perhaps other people need help with german lol?

Lew
15-01-07, 19:19

hehe

and maybe for other languages too!

Mona Sax
15-01-07, 19:19
colorful = bunt, farbenfroh
loud = laut
dangerous = gefährlich
gracious = gütig, gnädig (in the meaning of 'good') or elegant
tall = gross (people) or hoch (buildings)
fast = schnell
vicious = fies, gemein, böse

jamieoliver22
15-01-07, 19:21
Wow i never knew you could un-close threads lol.

He is an admin, he can do what he likes :D Even though I think mods can also.

Forwen
15-01-07, 19:31
I guess no one's ever come across a good online Latin dictionary? :o I've searched way too many times, be it English, French or Polish, and the only one that's been of some use so far is wiktionary.

jarhead
15-01-07, 19:43
I hate trying to find latin dictionaries, they never seem to be able to find the words

Lew
15-01-07, 19:43
Hmmm latin looks like a good language.

Psyched
15-01-07, 19:57
I guess no one's ever come across a good online Latin dictionary? :o I've searched way too many times, be it English, French or Polish, and the only one that's been of some use so far is wiktionary.

Unfortunately, not really. I've scoured the interwebs for ages in the search of just one word and found nothing. The best option is to buy a big one yourself, if not then this (http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/frivs/latin/latin-dict-full.html) is the best online list I've ever used.

Forwen
15-01-07, 22:22
Unfortunately, not really. I've scoured the interwebs for ages in the search of just one word and found nothing. The best option is to buy a big one yourself, if not then this (http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/frivs/latin/latin-dict-full.html) is the best online list I've ever used.
Ah, yep, I used this one several times in the past - a good extension to the dictionary in the back of my course book ;) Although it's still more coincidence than certainty that I'll find on this site the specific word I'm looking for. Gee, I just can't believe there's no Latin-English dictionary yet in the Web -_-

Psyched
15-01-07, 22:29
Latinists are a dying breed, methinks. There's no real demand for online dictionaries except for that from the few students of the subject. Which is a shame, really. I wish Oxbridge would do their part in bringing Classics to the modern age.