PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-07, 20:58
It's snowing here atm. :jmp:

It'll probably all be gone by tomorrow morning, but there's a thin layer of whiteness over the cars and grass, and the snow's drifting down so picturesquely (against the orange streetlamps, lol).

This is the first snow we've had since last winter. :D

Psyched
16-01-07, 21:00
Awesome. It snowed here once on New Year's Day for about ten minutes, then rained heavily. Hope it stays for you.

viper456
16-01-07, 21:00
GARR your so lucky. Im waiting , patiently..

I love the snow, it means i may get a few days off college and always have an unlimited supply of things to thorw at people lol

Tomb Raider Master
16-01-07, 21:03
Oh, you lucky girl! :mad: :p Instead of snow, we're having a winter with some serious summer-like disorders. :D

BlackGrey
16-01-07, 21:03
Where abouts in the UK? I wanna go see :jmp:

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-07, 21:04
Look at my location under my avatar you daftie. :vlol:

TRM: we had CLEAR blue skies today. Like, absolutely spotless. Cold air through the day though.

Angel666
16-01-07, 21:05
I love snow. It's supposed to snow here Thursday but I doubt it will.

Tomb Raider Master
16-01-07, 21:07
TRM: we had CLEAR blue skies today. Like, absolutely spotless. Cold air through the day though.
*takes the first plane to Paisley* :D

Bullethail
16-01-07, 21:07
I know! My mum just told me to look outside and... snow! I'm so excited! :jmp:

Lew
16-01-07, 21:09
YAY! You lucky *****! hehe I well want it to snow, hasnt snowed here yet though, its menna.

xMiSsCrOfTx
16-01-07, 21:10
It snowed here all night too. We probably got 3 or 4 inches, nothing compared to the 16 inches we had before Christmas though! That was unreal. :eek:

bett
16-01-07, 21:12
i love snow! but we haven't had a good snow in a couple of years. we're actually lucky if we get more than three inches the entire season. :(

all it's done all day is flurry and they're really tiny flakes. i was surprised by it this morning, i asked one of my roommate this morning if it was raining and she said she didn't know. so i stepped out into the hallway and saw a black car with a little snow on it. i was like, "what's wrong with that ca...oh my God, it's snowing, Tiffany!!" lol

jarhead
16-01-07, 22:01
I'm so jealous Gecko, its not fair. The weatherman said it was gonne suddenly drop this week and that it owud probably snow. Guess what?. It wont :mad:

Usually happens in Feburary down here

Lenochka
16-01-07, 22:06
Was snowing here for the last couple days... its still outside sitting there waiting to melt :)

Mr.Burns
16-01-07, 22:09
For those in the states, this is from the storm that's been making its way through the country.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l243/filmdemon/ice.jpg

My truck actually ended up worse than this but I couldn't take a photo since the freezing rain started up again a little while after I took this one. After having almost spring like weather for the past few weeks, I wasn't thrilled to have to deal with this.

AmericanAssassin
16-01-07, 22:10
Yeah, today was our first day of snow too. It sucked because I took my driving test today. I got my license!!!

Real Life Lara
16-01-07, 22:34
Freck, where abouts in Scotland is Paisley? Anywhere near Inverness? :p Because I seriously want some snow here, I have an exam tommorow which I am NOT prepared for. The school being closed due to severe weather conditions would be a godsend xD

Geck-o-Lizard
16-01-07, 22:38
Inverness is East-coast, northern half of Scotland. Paisley is West-coast, southern/central. :p

wantafanta
16-01-07, 23:07
My truck actually ended up worse than this but I couldn't take a photo since the freezing rain started up again a little while after I took this one. After having almost spring like weather for the past few weeks, I wasn't thrilled to have to deal with this.

I hear you. I had trouble getting the car door open. It froze shut over night. Always makes me late for work when I have to scrape off the windshield and windows.

Mr.Burns
16-01-07, 23:09
I hear you. I had trouble getting the car door open. It froze shut over night. Always makes me late for work when I have to scrape off the windshield and windows.

The same thing happened to me when I got back home. My car had been sitting in my office parking lot for two weeks. It took me about ten minutes to get my car open since it was covered in over an inch of ice.

Spitfire
16-01-07, 23:10
I've only seen snow once in my life, and it was during my trip to NJ from Florida to see my aunt. It was the most amazing winter ever! I saw how the climate slowly changed and the trees began to ice up from the rain that stained the trees and suddenly became ice on them. I saw the icy dangerous roads (And a few cars go off the road which kinda freaked me out).

But during my 2 week visit, it was in NY city, while walking at night that the picture perfect moment of it actually "snowing" came into existance and has forever been ingrained into my head!

Snow is so beautiful, but seriously i don't think i could live in it for months.

Real Life Lara
17-01-07, 14:44
Inverness is East-coast, northern half of Scotland. Paisley is West-coast, southern/central. :p

Urgh, typical :p Ah well, we have a teeeeny tiny bit of sleet here, so hopefully more will be coming soon :whi:

Lara Lover
17-01-07, 14:57
Earlier, it was snowing here and snow is on the cars too. :ton:

xcrushterx
17-01-07, 15:07
It's snowing here atm. :jmp:

It'll probably all be gone by tomorrow morning, but there's a thin layer of whiteness over the cars and grass, and the snow's drifting down so picturesquely (against the orange streetlamps, lol).

This is the first snow we've had since last winter. :D
OMG i live like 10 minutes away from you and it's not snowing :hea: .
Oh well:(

scion05
17-01-07, 15:10
I really wish we had snow here at the moment, however it seems like its never gonna have it, due to this global warming crap it gets less likely every year urgh.

star girl
17-01-07, 15:13
I love snow, though it never snowed here in my life, but since the past two years, the temperature is been going below to -2 degrees. So, I have my fingers crossed! Good for you, though :tmb:

Lew
17-01-07, 15:29
We just has SNOW! YAY!

BlackGrey
17-01-07, 15:36
Look at my location under my avatar you daftie. :vlol:

Ahem... yeah I knew that :D

Anniversary Lara
17-01-07, 16:40
I wish he had here snow, too. It's so strange, it is winter but it feels like autumn or something else but not winter. I miss the snow :(

bett
17-01-07, 19:31
yesterday it "snowed" all day. they were such tiny flakes tho (but cute) it was just enough for a slight dusting. i get so excited everytime it even starts to flurry. my boyfriend is from ohio and gets tons of snow but he's starting to learn that it doesn't snow as much down here, lol

Anubis_AF
17-01-07, 19:37
We have Autumn weather here, cold, rainy, sometimes sunny, and cold :D

BoyTRaider
17-01-07, 19:38
It's just so freaking cold over here.. It hardly ever snows though. I think that if it is cold, then it should snow.

Geck-o-Lizard
17-01-07, 19:39
OMG i live like 10 minutes away from you and it's not snowing :hea: .
Oh well:(

It was snowing last night, not today. :p

The snow didn't stay. >_>

jackles
17-01-07, 19:48
we get about as much snow here as a dusting of flour on a Victoria Sandwich cake! Thats what you get for being a Southerner!

danitiwa
17-01-07, 19:52
We had snow here in berlin... ONE DAY! lol, it was so much fun, I wish it had lasted longer. :(

xcrushterx
17-01-07, 20:08
It was snowing last night, not today. :p

The snow didn't stay. >_>
i meant last night:(
It was a bit today though:D. I was in school at the time so i missed it:(

Hyper_Crazy
17-01-07, 20:09
We ain't snow for like 2 years......:(

xcrushterx
17-01-07, 20:12
remeber last year geck it snowed 6inches deep in MARCH :yik:

vectra_sri
17-01-07, 20:15
I dont think its going to snow here, all its forecasting is heavy rain and winds and more flooding in certain areas :(

Angel666
17-01-07, 20:59
It's supposed to snow here tonight but at the most I think we'll get sleet.

Bullethail
18-01-07, 06:39
MORE SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! :D :jmp:

Geck-o-Lizard
18-01-07, 08:42
Here too! :jmp:

Lew
18-01-07, 08:43
Its too windy to go to school, were in countryside and winds up to 99MPH in this country and we go there in a double decker coach! So don't think im going :D

a_pok
18-01-07, 12:44
MAN lucky you here the sun is still up but its icy cold...
on my way to school this morning i saw a whole field frozen...
as in a field of white grass...

Chug a Bug
18-01-07, 12:54
No snow here. In fact we've only had about 2 frosty mornings this entire autumn/winter. Its been very mild (almost too warm) but today a severe gale is blowing: storm force winds.

It's supposed to be finally turning cold next week and theres even talk of an outside chance of snow: we'll see. I'll be very surprised if it does.

I miss snow! Come to that, i miss frosts! We had one the other week: a nice white, crispy frost with a blue sky too! I'd almost forgotten what the sun looks like it's an almost permanent grey gloom here.

clexy
18-01-07, 16:23
Oh, you lucky girl! :mad: :p Instead of snow, we're having a winter with some serious summer-like disorders. :D

Tell me about it , in our counrty is was the news "the hottest january in history of estonia" We have 5 crades of worm and then 2 grades of cold from everyday. Seems the wheater cant make up her mind.

Real Life Lara
18-01-07, 17:13
Eek... just heard that the A9 is/was closed or something because of the snow... it better be open soon, Ive gotta get to Manchester for my aunts funeral on Monday :( Gonna have a hard job if the road's blocked o_O

xcrushterx
18-01-07, 17:33
i got sent home from school taday b/c of the snow:D:D:jmp:

SSJ6Wolf
18-01-07, 18:05
Connecticut is supposed to get some snow tomorrow. About time it started acting like winter around here. :p

viper456
18-01-07, 20:09
and where is MY SNOW ! :@ *throws a hissy fit*

amlai
18-01-07, 20:28
lucky you...i'm melting here :D :tmb:

Angel666
18-01-07, 22:40
*sigh* We were the only county that didn't get closed or a delay. :mad: So not fair.

bett
18-01-07, 22:43
it was like that when i was in school. every county around us would be closed but yet we wouldn't. one of the surrounding counties got out once every fall and spring for a flu outbreak (i swear i think they had those "vacations" worked into their calendars, lol)

DREWY
18-01-07, 22:51
Here we are in Oz where its been 35 - 40 C for the last few weeks (25C at night at times) and you've got snow. Has only ever snowed here twice, lightly, that I can remember. We have to go to the mountains to see it.
Would be nice to have it now and again.

Titanium
18-01-07, 22:58
25C at night? Oh I would hate that. :eek:

bett
18-01-07, 22:59
they can give us a 70% chance of snow and we still won't get it. i'm getting to the point to where i believe there is a giant kentucky-shaped hole in the clouds, lol

DREWY
18-01-07, 23:38
25C at night? Oh I would hate that. :eek:

Its a bit hard to sleep. Have the fans on and now I've got the flu. Bugger!

Titanium
18-01-07, 23:46
Its a bit hard to sleep. Have the fans on and now I've got the flu. Bugger!

I sometimes struggle to sleep in the summer due to the humidity, its so annoying. :(

DREWY
18-01-07, 23:51
Does it get hot there, in England?. 39 for us tomorrow. 23 overnight

Titanium
18-01-07, 23:57
Does it get hot there, in England?. 39 for us tomorrow. 23 overnight

It can get hot here, although not as hot as Australia. The hottest day record is 38.5C here. But usually our tempatures in summer is about 8 degrees below that.

How cold is it in winter there Drewy? :)

DREWY
19-01-07, 00:07
How cold is it in winter there Drewy? :)

Where i am it generally hovers around 10 to 15 but it can get down to 0 overnight
38.5? hottest ever. We have a dozen or more days hotter than that each summer. Some around 45!

Titanium
19-01-07, 00:11
Where i am it generally hovers around 10 to 15 but it can get down to 0 overnight
38.5? hottest ever. We have a dozen or more days hotter than that each summer. Some around 45!

45 Degrees? I wouldnt be able to stand that. But your used to really hot tempatures, sometimes are summers barely reach above 32C.

Chug a Bug
19-01-07, 00:19
I can't imagine something that hot. But it's humidity thats the trouble, I know people who live in Spain and it got much hotter than it got here but it's much more comfortable because they don't have the humidity.

DREWY
19-01-07, 00:21
Gets that humid here at times it 'rains'.
That makes it more humid

Titanium
19-01-07, 00:26
Theres something wrong with me tonight, how could I type "Are summers" instead of "Our summers", ah well. :rolleyes:

Going back to the snow subject, I would sure like a good snowfall here, there hasnt been a good one here for years.

Chug a Bug
19-01-07, 00:28
I remember more than one day last summer when it was so hot and then the heavens opened in thunderstorms and we were being steam cooked. The sweat was literally dripping off me.

DREWY
19-01-07, 00:39
I remember more than one day last summer when it was so hot and then the heavens opened in thunderstorms and we were being steam cooked. The sweat was literally dripping off me.

Its like that here today. Thank goodness for AC

Chug a Bug
19-01-07, 01:27
I was working outside at the time so no AC for me.

Do you have it already built in or is it one of those portable kinds?

*Makes mental note to look into an AC unit for the home for next summer*

DREWY
19-01-07, 01:33
Sorry a bit late getting back. At work ATM so its ducted here. Unfortunately no AC at home as yet. (New house, still finishing bits and pieces) Will have a couple of split systems soon, I hope.

clexy
21-01-07, 07:26
Yay! Snow today! everything is white! I love all the seasons and snow is cool, and its cruncy.:D

KurtisLonely
21-01-07, 19:20
I want snow here! :D... but we never get free from school becouse of the snow... ( so I have to go on my bike to school, and I fall everytime :( )
you are so lucky you don't live in the Netherlands...

MiCkiZ88
21-01-07, 19:26
you are so lucky you don't live in the Netherlands...

Your so lucky you dont live up here where I am. -.-

Today we got some snow after a while again. About 20 cm's now in some places and about -14c degrees tonight. Usullay we would already have over 50 cm snow and about - 25 c. but this winter started late and has been warm.