PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

Andariel
17-01-07, 08:38
...is liek... da bomb *****es. Not. I'm gonna be a zombie at work today, the joy of a hectic life. :rolleyes:

Punaxe
17-01-07, 08:39
What work do you do?

Andariel
17-01-07, 08:42
I'm a nurses assistant. It takes a lot of collectiveness and I know I won't have it today. Reminds me of school.

clexy
17-01-07, 08:46
Hmm i go to work too, its not my career lol, i havent heard of this job you said..hmm , you ment dont want to be with people?

angelika
17-01-07, 10:01
What kind of worries don't let you close your eyes?

frostfur452
17-01-07, 17:37
bleh im like that atm... it's currently 3:40am and i am wide awake... i've probably only had like 15m to half an hours sleep tops cause i can't seem to settle down :(

Lew
17-01-07, 17:39
It always takes me ages to get to sleep! So i just text someone til I fall asleep :)

Greenkey2
17-01-07, 17:53
Given the fact that you've said you're on medication, it's not surprising you get insomnia sometimes :wve: I know from personal experience what a pain in the arse it is :hea:

A few things help me, sometimes. You might consider going to bed earlier (if possible) so if you don't fall asleep for four hours at least you've got longer in bed. Having a very set routine at bedtime helps too - don't knock this as only suitable for young children, it can help everyone.

Taking time out for yourself with something very relaxing is good; have a warm bath with some soothing salts etc in the water, play some really soft music (soft jazz, classical) in the background, and read a book for a while curled up warm and comfortable. Avoid tea or coffee (too much caffeine), though fruit/herbal teas are a great alternative (as is a glass of wine - though don't have more than two glasses). Make your bedroom a haven from the outside world, somewhere you feel utterly peaceful and comfortable.

If all else fails, try a gentle sedative - herbal or antihistamines (Phenergan suits me, but talk to your doctor first). They won't put you to sleep, but they just take the edge off your nerves.

Hope that gives you some ideas :wve: :hug:

danitiwa
17-01-07, 18:12
http://www.circleofchristianwomen.com/MyWebs/selfhelp/sleep1.htm I hope this helps you the next night. :)

buffytabor
18-01-07, 02:05
I have terrible insomnia lately. Oh well, sleep aids here I come.

Lara Croft!
20-01-07, 00:20
I have the exact oppossite problem.I won't feel relaxed if I sleep less than 9 hours.The ideal for me is 10-12 hous a day and I'm no kid,I'm 19 years old....And due to going to clubs or staying up late with friends I sleep late at night and half the day...Sometimes it gets frustrating but I always try to ameliorate my sleeping programme.

clexy
21-01-07, 21:45
Given the fact that you've said you're on medication, it's not surprising you get insomnia sometimes :wve: I know from personal experience what a pain in the arse it is :hea:

A few things help me, sometimes. You might consider going to bed earlier (if possible) so if you don't fall asleep for four hours at least you've got longer in bed. Having a very set routine at bedtime helps too - don't knock this as only suitable for young children, it can help everyone.

Taking time out for yourself with something very relaxing is good; have a warm bath with some soothing salts etc in the water, play some really soft music (soft jazz, classical) in the background, and read a book for a while curled up warm and comfortable. Avoid tea or coffee (too much caffeine), though fruit/herbal teas are a great alternative (as is a glass of wine - though don't have more than two glasses). Make your bedroom a haven from the outside world, somewhere you feel utterly peaceful and comfortable.

If all else fails, try a gentle sedative - herbal or antihistamines (Phenergan suits me, but talk to your doctor first). They won't put you to sleep, but they just take the edge off your nerves.

Hope that gives you some ideas :wve: :hug:

Im a total wuss. I do like that, im mosty when im bored and too hyper to fall asleep. Urgh like too many going on in mind,lol. But only sometimes.

clexy
21-01-07, 21:46
I have the exact oppossite problem.I won't feel relaxed if I sleep less than 9 hours.The ideal for me is 10-12 hous a day and I'm no kid,I'm 19 years old....And due to going to clubs or staying up late with friends I sleep late at night and half the day...Sometimes it gets frustrating but I always try to ameliorate my sleeping programme.

Im like fine with 6 hours of sleep. But yeah when ur partying , u get tired.

Hurrah4Lara
21-01-07, 22:16
Some good advice up there, Andariel. Well, I can see your life is busy but have you time for sport/exercise? For example unarmed combat:hug: is good to purge tensions. I may say even minor exertion has a powerful and beneficial effect on the body and mind; even just a little walk each lunchtime.:)

H4L:wve: