PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in UK having MSN login problems?

tlr online
18-01-07, 00:19
I haven't been able to login for past two hours.

Titanium
18-01-07, 00:20
It works here. :wve:

Rivendell
18-01-07, 00:20
Mine seems ok!

Geck-o-Lizard
18-01-07, 00:21
Nope, fine for me.

Try downloading & running Trillian, see if you can log in using that.

[edit] I see some folk on another forum I visit have been having MSN login problems. You might just have to wait it out...

bett
18-01-07, 00:22
even my US version does sometimes, so aggravating

tlr online
18-01-07, 00:22
I don't like installing software on my system which is surplus to my requirements. :)

Titanium
18-01-07, 00:23
Have you tried web messenger?

ace_85
18-01-07, 00:25
Yeah, I've been having some problems here too. I gave up trying to log in about an hour ago, it kept crashing on me ><

tlr online
18-01-07, 00:27
Nope. Like I said, my default 4.5 (that came pre-installed with XP Pro) is all I use. It's light, and normally works without problems. But tonight, I'm having major troubles logging in.

*laralover*
18-01-07, 00:30
My msn was playing up earlier it wasnt sending the text through to people it does that sometimes :mad: seems like quite a few peoples msn is being a bugger tonight

tombraider123
18-01-07, 00:30
Well, me and all my friends have to talk to each other through our screen names! No one can send messages around here :(

Margoos
18-01-07, 00:45
i could log in but wouldnt let me send messages or recieve them either, not tried it recently to see if it works again. this was about 2 hours ago as well

Geck-o-Lizard
18-01-07, 01:00
I don't like installing software on my system which is surplus to my requirements. :)

I know what you mean, but if Trillian works and MSN doesn't, then you'll know the problem lies with your MSN client. If both fail to work, then you'll know it's probably your connection, on Microsoft's end. When test is complete, simply uninstall. ;)

Punaxe
18-01-07, 01:21

My kinda guy :tmb:
The Messenger service is spread over as you can imagine, many many servers. From my own experience it seemed that (some?) accounts are bound to (some?) servers - try using another account if you have one. Works for me.

Also, while I'm 'talking' to you again anyway, please make TRC Opera-compatible! Opera's very much on the rise and the browser that best supports all current standards (afaik). I've already given you the necessary code a while ago...
Don't take it as whining - I merely wish to finally be able to enjoy your site :D

tlr online
18-01-07, 01:24
I know what you mean, but if Trillian works and MSN doesn't, then you'll know the problem lies with your MSN client. If both fail to work, then you'll know it's probably your connection, on Microsoft's end. When test is complete, simply uninstall. ;)

But in trouble shooting if the client is at fault, I'll spit a dozen dll's into my Windows system directory which will all aid in the eventual slowdown of my puter.

Plan B. Collate data from post made on Tomb Raider Forums to determine if a problem exists with MSN service.

Mr.Burns
18-01-07, 01:34
Justin, I know this is just a UK problem but so far I've had no problems with msn. I've been logged on for about four or five hours and haven't seen it twitch.

Chug a Bug
18-01-07, 02:10
It's been working fine here tonight. It does tend to fail quite a lot though and quite regularly too it seems the MSN servers are fairly flaky. See what it's like tomorrow. ;)

Lew
18-01-07, 15:53
Its really annoying when it wont let you sign in!

jamieoliver22
18-01-07, 17:47
I heard that quite a few of my mates had problems with it last night, but it was fine for me. MSN always has its moments, just sit it through and keep trying :D

Eleanna123
18-01-07, 17:49
I had a problem with it last night too, couldn't log in for something like an hour. It was ok after that though:)

Angelus
18-01-07, 18:00
I haven't had a problem with it today. :wve:

scion05
18-01-07, 18:07
I know someone in Bulgaria who's msn is being a pain, but fine for me, and his is back now :)
Hmmm, i had a problem once where it wouldn't work for months, fine now though :wve:

jjbennett
18-01-07, 18:10
No problems at this point.

J.