PDA

View Full Version : 12th Century/Vampire's

Lara Coft Baby
18-01-07, 21:14
I was wondering dose any one know any good sites were I can research this kind of stuff?? Like about the 12 century and vampire's stuff like that. Cause I am thinking about writing a story. Cause I want to be a writer on day and I want to start writing a story about vampire's. And I don't know any good sites that would give me the kind of information that I need for my story. Dose any one know some good sites??

belter_21
18-01-07, 21:23
I was wondering dose any one know any good sites were I can research this kind of stuff?? Like about the 12 century and vampire's stuff like that. Cause I am thinking about writing a story. Cause I want to be a writer on day and I want to start writing a story about vampire's. And I don't know any good sites that would give me the kind of information that I need for my story. Dose any one know some good sites??

start here :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampires
http://www.crystalinks.com/vampires.html
http://www.mysterymag.com/theunexplained/index.php?page=category&subID=84

Punaxe
18-01-07, 21:28
Indeed, always start with Wikipedia :P

Paperdoll
18-01-07, 21:39
If I were you the first thing I'd do would be researching other vampire stories and don't follow them in any way. Be original. At least it's a good thing that you're willing to get inspiration from folklore, always a good starting point :tmb:

danitiwa
18-01-07, 21:40
Wikipedia is a good source, but not very reliable, since I can just go in there and write: I like socks and erase all the information." They have eit buttons everywhere! lmao

Lara Coft Baby
18-01-07, 21:41
If I were you the first thing I'd do would be researching other vampire stories and don't follow them in any way. Be original. At least it's a good thing that you're willing to get inspiration from folklore, always a good starting point :tmb:
I already have some ideas and a little bit of a plot line. :p I dont think its ever been done

Pipolinne
18-01-07, 21:43
If you really want to make a good research,LCB,you also need to go to some Libraries,reading some books,etc.

It's a more reliable source than internet :).

And good writing!

Paperdoll
18-01-07, 21:45
I already have some ideas and a little bit of a plot line. :p I dont think its ever been done

Remeber, as far as writing goes, vampires are what you want them to be, if you want them to be afraid of chocolate, it's your call :p and like Pipolline said try finding a few things even in an Encyclopedia, just to get you started.

Catapharact
18-01-07, 21:49
There was this very Brilliant article in a Journal I saw online (and actually paid to read it :p Lol!) that links Vamparic legends to Schizophenia.

The down side: You do have to pay to see the entire article Lol!

However, here is the link to the abstract:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/xj421640h2hr5q41/

Paperdoll
18-01-07, 21:54
I've associated vampirism to a few things but to schizoprenia... that's a new one, too bad one has to pay to see it :p nevertheless, thanks for the link.

Catapharact
18-01-07, 21:58
Well I can just post the abstract for everyone:

The vampire legend has existed in various cultures since antiquity. In the past 250 years, the active belief in vampires has been generally confined to the peoples of Eastern Europe. Vampirism in Western Europe and the United States has meanwhile been relegated to literature and the cinema. The specifics of the vampire legend bear a close resemblance to fundamental dynamic issues seen in schizophrenia and in the content of certain nightmares. By utilizing the formulations of English psychoanalysts such as Klein, Fairbairn, and Guntrip, the vampire legend can be seen to represent the intense, devouring oral needs and fears of a schizophrenic. The vampire theme thus presents psychiatry with a unique phenomenological view of schizophrenia. Several case histories are presented which directly and indirectly exemplify the vampire themes in psychopathology. There seems to be a recent intensification in interest in vampires and other malevolent occult personages. This could represent an increment in the incidence or visibility of severe psychopathology in our culture.

This is exactly the reason why I worry for those who get into Vampirism a bit TOO much :p Lol!

Lara Coft Baby
19-01-07, 23:44
Ok I need some good names they used in the 12 century, :p dose any one know some good ones??

Lara Croft!
20-01-07, 00:21
And for more info LCB,you can always GOOGLE what you're looking for exactly!

GodOfLight
20-01-07, 00:40
are vampires only limited to the 12th century? :confused:

jjbennett
20-01-07, 00:41
:o Yes, I'm afraid they are.

Geck-o-Lizard
20-01-07, 01:05
What about the Victorian vampire stories? Much classier and elegant than the dark ages IMO, but to each his/her own. :o

You might like to ask the question again here (http://www.gothic.net), because you'll probably get some good responses, considering the theme of the site. And if anyone flames you for asking, I'll flame 'em back for you.

Lara Coft Baby
20-01-07, 03:09
What about the Victorian vampire stories? Much classier and elegant than the dark ages IMO, but to each his/her own. :o

You might like to ask the question again here (http://www.gothic.net), because you'll probably get some good responses, considering the theme of the site. And if anyone flames you for asking, I'll flame 'em back for you.

lol thanks :D

Lara Coft Baby
22-01-07, 03:10
Ok since this is pretty much the same thing. I thought instead of starting a new thread I'd ask here. I am thinking about putting witches in my story. I googled some witch spells but they just arent what i am looking for. Most of them you like need items in order to do the spell. I want ones that you just say and stuff. And I cant seem to find any good ones. Dose any one know some good sites to find this??

Paperdoll
22-01-07, 11:15
That's a different subject... if I were you, instead of looking for them, I'd make them up, Try using latin or a similar language and even make up words, if you want it to be in english, well make a few lines :p

What type of spells were you looking for? As in what kind of things would they do?

Lara Coft Baby
22-01-07, 18:36
What type of spells were you looking for? As in what kind of things would they do?

Well so far theres not much of a plot line. But its about a war between Vampires and witches. Sounds a bit stupid :cln: