PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft a SMOKER???

Miss Golden
19-01-07, 11:57
I was horrified when I saw one of Core's concept artwork on Lara choking on tabaco and blowing out smoke from a cigar. I pray that Crystal Dynamics never even dares put any kind of cancer stick inside the new Lara's mouth. She must always stay clean - Lara must always be an anti-smoker. Who agrees???

walk_man
19-01-07, 12:00
I do. You can't raid tombs if you have a bad chest! Or if your trying to creep up on someone, and you cough.

Alex Fly
19-01-07, 12:01
I agree. Lara Croft, a smocker = no, never !!!

Punaxe
19-01-07, 12:32
On top of that, Lara is an example for young and old (mostly young :p), so bad influences such as smoking should not be communicated.

Mini
19-01-07, 12:36
i have never seen that artwork oO

Rivendell
19-01-07, 12:42
Lol I've got that picture on my wall! Cut it out of a magazine years ago.

Unlike Lara and a one off posing picture, we've never seen her smoke before so *shrugs* didn't and doesn't bother me.

Of course, if Crystal make her smoke, then you just know it's going to add more bloody realism to the game by making her jumps smaller (possible?!) and having to keep Lara still while she gets her breath back..

Alex Fly
19-01-07, 12:43
i have never seen that artwork oO
Ditto !

Rivendell
19-01-07, 12:48
It's this one, I don't think there are any other smoking pics.

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/6606/465906photoro8.th.jpg (http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=465906photoro8.jpg)

NightWish
19-01-07, 12:48
I have seen it! I think I have it in my pc I will look for it.
And I agree. Lara isnt a smoker
Edit: Damn to beat me to it :p

Alex Fly
19-01-07, 12:50
Thanks for posting this image, Rivendell ! :)

I've never seen it before and... I don't like this image very much. Lara is really ridiculous with this cigar...

Rivendell
19-01-07, 12:53
Not to mention her little finger is... well, I've seen bigger twigs. :vlol:

Alex Fly
19-01-07, 13:01
Lmfao ! :vlol: :D

Supernova
19-01-07, 13:25
Imagine CD made a picture like this, we would be talking about that forever.

danitiwa
19-01-07, 13:59
She can't be a smoker, she's supposed to be all healthy and junk!

da tomb raider!
19-01-07, 13:59
I don't think smoking is a thing Lara Croft would do, but I honestly don't care about this much. :wve:

Lara Croft!
19-01-07, 14:23
Lara should definately be an anti-smoker.But lighting a cigar a few times a year to celebrate won't harm her...http://bestsmileys.com/smoking/6.gif

Spaceman
19-01-07, 14:33
lara should not smoke EVER!!! she should be clean. no nudity, no smoking, no drugs and no swearing. shes an upper class citizen for god sake.

Aurora
19-01-07, 14:39
lara should not smoke EVER!!! she should be clean. no nudity, no smoking, no drugs and no swearing. shes an upper class citizen for god sake.

No...she's just a murderer :D

thevman
19-01-07, 15:04
OK, so you're against toes, leads to perversion, :rolleyes: smoking, obvious health issues (as I light up a smoke), :D what's next? :confused: Drinking and driving??? Might as well hit em all... :mis: Glutonry, too many fatties in the world??? :whi: Farting, puts holes in the ozone... :pi:

RAID
19-01-07, 15:22
Lara will never smoke because she never gets depressed.

petujaymz
19-01-07, 15:58

Yeah, but smoking makes you look cool and twice as attractive to the same/opposite sex. I thought everyone knew that.

:wve:

seth777
19-01-07, 16:40
Yeah, but smoking makes you look cool and twice as attractive to the same/opposite sex. I thought everyone knew that.

No, not at all:) , and I'm a smoker...:hea:

AmericanAssassin
19-01-07, 16:42
This, by far, tops the most pointless threads list. No, of course, she's NOT a smoker!!!

sam_raider_05
19-01-07, 16:53
I don't like her smoking, it loses some of her squeaky clean adventuress appeal, but for someone who goes around KILLING people, I don't think smoking is the number one problem here...

Though I do hope she keeps on killing, otherwise TR would be boring :D.

fondantcookie
19-01-07, 16:55

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/6606/465906photoro8.th.jpg (http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=465906photoro8.jpg)

How can you get from this that CORE intended for Lara to be a smoker?

Jeez...she's having a puff on a cigar... Maybe at a celebratory event as many people do...

Maybe this wallpaper was released after the success of the first game, you know...she's celebrating her success by smoking a fine cuban-cigar...

:P

I know many people who don't smoke par say, but will try a cigar at certain special occasions (21st b-days, weddings, winning the lottery etc)...

I don't see what the big deal is...

Lara's obviously athletic...and educated... She'll know the risks of smoking...

I can't believe how many people get on their high horses from one minor screenshot...

:O

PirateRose
19-01-07, 17:00
I can see Lara haveing like a cigar every now and then. Cigerettes no, and she wouldn't allow herself to become addicted. I think by the representation of that picture, not only it an attempt to look cool, but to look tough as Men are usually associated with smoking Cigars and not women. Plus, there can also be a hidden message for the perverted minds as my BF pointed out to me what he thought of the picture. *cough*

Grenade
19-01-07, 17:28
How can you get from this that CORE intended for Lara to be a smoker?

Jeez...she's having a puff on a cigar... Maybe at a celebratory event as many people do...

Maybe this wallpaper was released after the success of the first game, you know...she's celebrating her success by smoking a fine cuban-cigar...

:P

I know many people who don't smoke par say, but will try a cigar at certain special occasions (21st b-days, weddings, winning the lottery etc)...

I don't see what the big deal is...

Lara's obviously athletic...and educated... She'll know the risks of smoking...

I can't believe how many people get on their high horses from one minor screenshot...

:O
I agree 100% with you. :) :tmb:

I remember using that pic as an avatar. :D

tomblover
19-01-07, 17:28
Plus, there can also be a hidden message for the perverted minds as my BF pointed out to me what he thought of the picture. *cough* Umm, does he mean what I thinks he mean? :mis: *Coughbabiesdothiswhenthey'rehungrycough*

Twiin
19-01-07, 18:09
Lara wouldn't partake in anything that would detrimentally effect her Tomb Raiding. Smoking would be one of them. And she certainly wouldn't drink before Tomb Raiding, either. It's just a stupid promo image they made - like the ones of Lara naked and covering her modesty with a bed sheet or shadows - it doesn't fit with Lara's persona but they do it anyway.

thevman
19-01-07, 18:17
Oh yes, that's right, lara is prim and proper, a vestel virgin, a nun... :rolleyes: PLEASE!!! She's a bad ass with an attitude and a sense of mischief. She'd be game to try anything if she thought it would be a kick! BTW, been a smoker for 36 years, I don't smoke because of depression... :hea:

Pink_Oracle
19-01-07, 18:33
I can imagine Lara getting into the mansion, dumping her bags in the hall, walking up to the living room, sitting in an easy chair, a cognac on the table, with a cigar in one hand and admiring her new priceless artefact with the other.

A victory smoke, not a chain smoker.

Rivendell
19-01-07, 18:40
^ I can picture that too - in her artifact room :) I wouldn't mind seeing that actually. Just a really short fmv of Lara, exhausted chilling out in her secret room. Pointless to any TR storyline, but since Lara's all changed for me now anyway, I wouldn't really mind.

in these arms
19-01-07, 18:43
It's artwork! As if, if it will happen to be she is a real smoker.

MiCkiZ88
19-01-07, 18:49
. Just a really short fmv of Lara, exhausted chilling out in her secret room.

''You still here? Give a girl a break '' *Bang*
Would love to have something like that after finishing the game 100% :D

On topic. lol.. Well she aint no solid snake but a victory cuban cigar wouldn't be that bad ;)

Rivendell
19-01-07, 18:54
Actually thinking about it - I could picture the old Lara with one, but not legend Lara. Her face isn't right for it.

Though, who knows - maybe a cigar would make her look tougher!

MiCkiZ88
19-01-07, 18:58
True. Legend Lara does look.. how would you say it.. Innocent and sweet?
Classic Lara had that something cruel & sadistic shouting out of her IMO. Wich just makes Lara.. well.. Lara.

Rivendell
19-01-07, 19:00
Yep.
I'm sure L Lara could manage it, she just needs the right facial expression :D

Twiin
19-01-07, 19:01
I just don't think Lara would smoke, considering that it would negatively affect her health and as a consequence, tomb raiding would become difficult. I'd say that she has a glass or two of wine at home, though.

MiCkiZ88
19-01-07, 19:02
@ Riv: Definately.. No more of that smiley lara from legend.. and the happy attitude.. geesh.. a Fine cuban cigar could make her look tougher and a couple of magnums :)

Twiin
19-01-07, 19:11
I really don't see how inhaling smoke from cancer-filled death sticks can make someone look 'cool' or 'tough' lol
Only a select few can pull off the "Look I'm smoking, aint I cool?" look

Terminatorvs
19-01-07, 19:12
Personally, I can't stand a woman smoking!

Mona Sax
19-01-07, 19:32
I pray that Crystal Dynamics never even dares put any kind of cancer stick inside the new Lara's mouth. She must always stay clean - Lara must always be an anti-smoker. Who agrees???

I do. You can't raid tombs if you have a bad chest! Or if your trying to creep up on someone, and you cough.

On top of that, Lara is an example for young and old (mostly young :p), so bad influences such as smoking should not be communicated.
Actually, those are awesome reasons for making her smoke.

She's not clean, and she's never been a good role model. And she most definitely wouldn't give a damn about 'communicating bad influences'.

Lara's a kick-ass, take-no-BS adventurer and rebel, a true femme fatale in spirit.

BTW, I don't smoke.

MiCkiZ88
19-01-07, 19:37
Nicely put Mona. I just have to agree with everything you said :)
I much more preferred the rebel bio that Core introduced.

tomblover
19-01-07, 20:23
I can imagine a scene like the shower scene in TR2. "For the love of God, can't a girl have a break?" *stubs the death stick into camera* :p

Seeing Lara with a cigar ain't that weird to me though. I can't imagine her being a smoker, but having a cigar once in a while when celebrating something fits her.

PARANOIA
20-01-07, 00:20
She won't smoke anymore. ESRB and Jack Thompson sez so. If Crystal's Lara is meant to be the hero, then Lara won't smoke. Only villains/villainesses smoke, which seems to give the impression that TR3 Lara wouldn't be too hesitant for a puff.

Lara Croft!
20-01-07, 00:30
I can imagine Lara getting into the mansion, dumping her bags in the hall, walking up to the living room, sitting in an easy chair, a cognac on the table, with a cigar in one hand and admiring her new priceless artefact with the other.

Hmmm that sounds good for a cigar name....

Lara's Victory smoke
http://www.larasanctuary.com/bio1.gif

Miss Golden
20-01-07, 00:42
OK get off the high horse about swearing. EVERYONE does it. I do not know why they even ban profanity when children 6 years and even under already know the big F, S-H and C words and use them on a daily basis while the adults do nothing. You are hearing profanity in G and PG rated TV shows and movies all the time. Singers use them all the time. Even teachers and doctors are using it in front of young children. Anyone who thinks "bugger" and "damn" is profanity seriously needs to get out of the 70s and move into the present. Anyone who is offended by profanity obviously has self esteem issues and border of the lines of being a complete hypocrite. I mean "crap" "ass" and the B word are already deemed acceptable and part of the common language.

Secondly smoking is nasty for an action heroine. Jill Valentine was once like Lara - pure and strong, but as soon as she smacked a cigarette in her petite mouth in the movie she looked like a tramp. Lara has just shred the "whore" image critics and gamers who weren't fans kept labeling her. If Lara wore a two piece with exposed clevage and legs, and popped a fad in her mouth - yes thats the Jill Valentine routine - our "clean" heroine would look like a whore from the valley.

Also drop the toes. I brought it up because what was once baby making has turned into walking talking brothels. Before people would have sex just to have a child. Now it has become a daily sport where the men of our world have all turned into playboys, and all the women into whores from the valley. We are seeing sexual acts performed by more than 2 people. We are seeing body parts such as hands, ears, belly buttons and off course, the feet come into sexual play due to all sorts of deranged fetishes. People are even bringing studded leather into the act, and now I am scared of commiting to a relationship without catching a nasty STD. It is wrong and it is taking away the morals of our society. Where is the respect and self dignity? This is why I believe Natla should show as little skin as possible, perhaps even replace that dress with a pair of slacks so no one goes peeking up when fighting her.

I believe in this day of age, where profanity has double standards and sex has become a sport, that Lara Croft should be made modern but at the same time keep a clean image that brings back self dignity, morals and respect.

Damn I sound like Stephanie Forrester now. :(

Ikas90
20-01-07, 00:44
Seeing Lara with a cigarette would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen. IMO, it would destroy her reputation completely. We want Lara to stay clean, as she has never been dirty in any way.

The idea of her smoking is just ridiculous.

PARANOIA
20-01-07, 00:46
Please don't use the "whore" word. It outrages me.

Dmoney
20-01-07, 00:54
IMO smoking is unattractive:(

thevman
20-01-07, 01:14
Wow you have issues, miss golden. First of all brothels are the OLDEST profession, it didn't just get invented. Secondly, people have been having sex just for the fun of it since the beginning of time, lose the ancient puritanical BS. Third, god forbid anyone doesn't fit your perfect cookie cutter image of a role model. Forth, who the hell ever said lara is a role model? She's a thief, a killer, a wild cat not to be tamed by the civilized world. What? Should she settle down, have tea parties and crank out babies while never getting upset or needing a stress reliever? PLEASE, spare me. If these are really your life values I see you living to a ripe old age... ALONE. You sound completely intolerant of anything.

Lior_K
20-01-07, 01:24
Wow you have issues, miss golden. First of all brothels are the OLDEST profession, it didn't just get invented. Secondly, people have been having sex just for the fun of it since the beginning of time, lose the ancient puritanical BS. Third, god forbid anyone doesn't fit your perfect cookie cutter image of a role model. Forth, who the hell ever said lara is a role model? She's a thief, a killer, a wild cat not to be tamed by the civilized world. What? Should she settle down, have tea parties and crank out babies while never getting upset or needing a stress reliever? PLEASE, spare me. If these are really your life values I see you living to a ripe old age... ALONE. You sound completely intolerant of anything.

I tend to agree...up till lately I've been under the assumption that Lara is a hero but TG nailed her description by calling her "Hollywood type villain that instead of destroying the world robs its' tombs". Lara is everything but a role model and changing that by making her saint would be completely paradoxical.

Even though Legend made her more heroic I doubt they would keep her that way…especially when they can make such great “villain-like” characters as Kain.

lorien elf
20-01-07, 06:18
It's just a stupid promo image they made - like the ones of Lara naked and covering her modesty with a bed sheet or shadows - it doesn't fit with Lara's persona but they do it anyway.

Yes, just what I was thinking. This photo is not important, and if it doesn't come straight from the mouths of those working at CD/SCi, then it shouldn't be something people worry about. This is just a promo type render, if anything just to make Lara look tougher, as someone said earlier.

Heh, that doesn't sound bad at all. It could be one of her rituals, a creature comfort, the kind of thing she indulges in willingly but not so often, mostly as a reward for a successful venture, etc.

I really don't see how inhaling smoke from cancer-filled death sticks can make someone look 'cool' or 'tough' lol
Only a select few can pull off the "Look I'm smoking, aint I cool?" look

That's the way it would seem but the advertising always seems to have people who look good/cool while smoking. As if smoking does make a person cool. At least they'd want you to always have the image of an attractive person in mind, never use unattractive ones in their ads.

Secondly smoking is nasty for an action heroine. Jill Valentine was once like Lara - pure and strong, but as soon as she smacked a cigarette in her petite mouth in the movie she looked like a tramp. Lara has just shred the "whore" image critics and gamers who weren't fans kept labeling her. If Lara wore a two piece with exposed clevage and legs, and popped a fad in her mouth - yes thats the Jill Valentine routine - our "clean" heroine would look like a whore from the valley.

I don't know if it's nasty to most people. If so, it'd probably sell so much worse, but as yet, at least in America, it's still a huge industry. I don't think it would taint Lara so badly though, if she did pick the habit up. Though, Core did have Janice smoking in AoD...

I believe in this day of age, where profanity has double standards and sex has become a sport, that Lara Croft should be made modern but at the same time keep a clean image that brings back self dignity, morals and respect.

I agree with what thevman said on this sex one, and even respect what PARANOIA said too. Sex for pleasure has been a thing of human habit/nature for millenia. Humans have always been a degenerate species...

Seeing Lara with a cigarette would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen. IMO, it would destroy her reputation completely. We want Lara to stay clean, as she has never been dirty in any way.

The idea of her smoking is just ridiculous.

I dont think it could destroy her reputation. She's not a real human, so she's not as vulnerable to the petty gossip and intrusive speculation that real celebrities have to deal with. Lara has an image that more than just one person have to keep up. And she already has such a large fan base, not likely they could be turned away from her for good.

star girl
20-01-07, 06:43
To the point: I think Lara should not be a smoker... that's just plain dumb! :mad:

Mona Sax
20-01-07, 09:08
How on Earth did this turn into a discussion about sex? Miss Golden, if you have a problem with what other people do in their bedroom or with their sexual preferences in general, keep it to yourself. It's none of your business, really.

Back on topic. Any more off-topic posts will be deleted.

LaraWillerCroft
20-01-07, 14:12
She can smoke cigs...

Hyper_Crazy
20-01-07, 14:19
Can't people think of an interesting topic to speak about....not smoking :vlol:

Terminatorvs
20-01-07, 14:24
By the way, did you know that the recent survey showed that the percentage of smoking women is higher than the percentage of smoking men.
And another thing, I think, I can't stand a woman smoking, because I don't smoke. As was mentioned above: If Lara smoked, she wouldn't be so tough and couldn't raid tombs.

thevman
20-01-07, 15:56
It's funny all the disinformation out there on smoking. For instance, when they first came out and said smoking causes cancer in the 60's, they based these finding on pumping thousands of cigarettes down a rats throat a day, more than any human would consume. That much of anything is bad for a body. Heck, a woman just last week died from drinking too much water and not letting it out. Ironically a contest to win a new wii, who could drink the most water without having to go to the bathroom! Another funny overblown thing about smoking is the propaganda about second hand smoke. A study, by cancer researchers, not the smoking institute, found that to be bull. I always knew it as a smoker. How can I breath in 100% of the smoke, blow out 50% of it and unless I blow it right down your throat, you get maybe 1-2 % of what I blew out into the common air, be worse for you than me??? The study debunked that second hands smoke is more dangerous than the person smoking nonsense. What happened to the report? It got buried. Why? Because it's popular to gang up and bash smoking, it smells bad. Another report, just in the last year found 50% of people that died of lung cancer never smoked or were exposed to environment filled with smoke all day, like their home or work place. Researchers are now believing cancer is just as heriditary as caused by outside influences. Again, cancer researchers, not the smoking institute that made these findings. You are getting higher precentages of even more harmfull substances from that traffic driving by everyday, common household cleaners and industries in your area.

Now while I don't condone smoking, or promote it, it would be nice if people knew what the hell they were talking about instead of jumping off the handle and acting like they are going to die because they saw me half a block away with a cigarette... :rolleyes: People walk by, well enough away from me that they can't even smell the smoke and they cough like they can't breath... PLEASE! Spare me. I for one feel singled out in society now that they have a legal witch hunt they can pick on. I am a tax payer, voter, citizen, working man contributing to society. Yet groups feel fine to force me to put up with any adverse weather conditions by shoving me outside to smoke. I deserve to be comfortable while smoking too, not be subjected to elements that can get me sick. Then I'm stuck out there for everyone walking by to ridicule me and bums to keep hitting me up for money. Governments keep raising taxes on cigarette because no one complains, it's not the overall society getting taxed to death, their not raising my home owner's taxes... (a pack of smokes can cost 8 bucks in the city limits) I'm tired of being treated as a third rate citizen. People look at me like I'm a criminal. Actually, some places have made it a crime to smoke in your own home or car if you have kids!

Now I have tried to quit, several times. I know it's bad for my health, I know it's expensive, I know it's a dirty habit. I have been quit as long as a year sometimes. But between stresses at work, deaths, divorce, there's always something pushing me over the edge that my old friend smoking brings me back. And if you ever smoked and enjoyed it you'd understand, smokers do enjoy it. It calms them, soothes their nerves, the feeling of the smoke down their throat and into their lungs is pleasant to them. I know, not to you, the non smoker, but to us, the smoker.

I know they are trying to make us all healthier, but I distain "big brother" trying to do it for us.

PARANOIA
20-01-07, 16:04
Smoking brought you back because you can't imagine what you did without it, whereas in the past you never needed to smoke because you never started. Apparently you don't believe the medical facts regarding how harmful smoking is, so I'll merely wait until your 50s when you find your face in a twisted, shriveled, wrinkled mess.

thevman
20-01-07, 16:08
Guess you missed the research part... :rolleyes:

Catlantean
20-01-07, 16:17
I don't think she's a smoker, either. Sure there was that one promo pic, but it's what she does in the game that counts...and in the game she never smoked.

PARANOIA
20-01-07, 16:17
So your research proves that smoking ISN'T AS BAD as people make it out to be. Sure, it's still bad, but only mildly bad. Therefore you're only beating yourself with a bludgeon that's half the size.

Ok, you want some of my research? Here's facts from MedlinePlus:

COPD, the fourth leading cause of death in the United States, is a combination of chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The main cause of COPD is smoking. ... The study also underscored the importance of smoking prevention and cessation in preventing COPD. Among the study group, 77 percent of the 123 participants who developed COPD were smokers, while about 55 percent of the entire study group were smokers.
In an editorial that accompanied the study, Jorgen Vestbo, of Hvidovre University Hospital in Denmark and the University of Manchester in the United Kingdom, said the study "indicates that the statement '15 percent of smokers will develop COPD' is wrong and that lifetime risk of COPD in smokers is significantly higher, probably about 35 to 50 percent."

Summary: The main cause of COPD is smoking.

Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate that tobacco use remains the leading preventable cause of death in the United States, causing approximately 440,000 premature deaths each year and resulting in an annual cost of more than $75 billion in direct medical costs attributable to smoking. (See www.cdc.gov/tobacco/issue.htm (http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/issue.htm).) Over the past four decades, cigarette smoking has caused an estimated 12 million deaths, including 4.1 million deaths from cancer, 5.5 million deaths from cardiovascular diseases, 2.1 million deaths from respiratory diseases, and 94,000 infant deaths related to mothers smoking during pregnancy. (See www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/publications/aag/osh.htm (http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/publications/aag/osh.htm).) Secondhand smoke, also known as environmental tobacco smoke, is a mixture of the smoke given off by the burning end of tobacco products (sidestream smoke) and the mainstream smoke exhaled by smokers. It is a complex mixture containing many chemicals (including formaldehyde, cyanide, carbon monoxide, ammonia, and nicotine), many of which are known carcinogens. Nonsmokers exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work increase their risk of developing heart disease by 25 to 30 percent and lung cancer by 20 to 30 percent. In addition, secondhand smoke causes respiratory problems in nonsmokers such as coughing, phlegm, and reduced lung function. Children exposed to secondhand smoke are at an increased risk for sudden infant death syndrome, acute respiratory infections, ear problems, and more severe asthma.

Summary: Smoking raises the chances for lung and heart cancer in both the user and the user's companions.

And this link: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_1_1x_Smokers_More_Likely_to_Die_in_Middle_Age. asp

So you would consider it an accomplishment if you lived to the late years of your life and found that smoking didn't kill you? I think that your priorities are mislaid. "More people die in car accidents than by smoking," and more people die in car accidents than they die in Iraq, Somalia, or Afghanistan. Hopefully you don't have children... do you?

AmericanAssassin
20-01-07, 16:23
LARA DOES NOT SMOKE!!! And for those of you who are defending smoking: It IS a stupid act that's putting you and those around you in danger for disease! NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!!!!!! :mad:

thevman
20-01-07, 16:29
Gee, thanks for the facts, but I do know those things, and I didn't say it is not a risk, or danger, just over blown. And yes, raised 3 HEALTHY kids. And no I'm not a leather face! :vlol:

Ada the Mental
21-01-07, 11:58
:vlol: I couldn't care less if Lara ruins her sweet,innocent,role-model image she now has but imagine her halfway up a cliff stopping to catch her breath!:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

I could see the old Lara smoking but certainly not the new one!

Dmoney
21-01-07, 15:03
I guest a victory smoke back at the mansion wouldn't be so bad:)

Angelx14
21-01-07, 17:07

That is stupid. >< No, never!
Why did they even made such picture? Is she a godfather, or something.. somekind of gangster..O.o

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 18:21
She does not smoke!!! A victory cigar every now and then does not count!!!

Gambit37
21-01-07, 20:09
Remember that most cigar smokers don't even inhale -- it's completely different from a cigarette, it's largely smoked for it's flavour, and very good ones have virtually no smokyness at all. Of course, there are still health risks such as oral cancer, but generally the risks of cigar smoking are way, way lower than cigarettes.

The point of this promo picture is to show a celebration about a specific success. It probably wasn't the best image they could have come up with if they were worried about the message it was putting out, but in the scheme of things it really isn't a big deal.

Legends
21-01-07, 20:50
Lara is a NON smoker. No question!

tsunami151
21-01-07, 20:59
Hm.. now this is a stupid thread :cln: (no offence btw) Smoking is a matter of choice, I'm a smoker, I like smoking (I study medicine, so don't give me that crap about how bad for your health smoking is... I know it). Considering the fact that Lara is a person (well... a virtula person...) she is 100% free to smoke if she wants... so, it is not a question if any of us want or think she smoks, it is a matter of what she "wants"... If she smokes, I don't care, if she doen't, I don't care as well, but if any of you actually care, and you are afraid that smoking might hurt her, or stop her from raidering tombs, or anything like that, well you might consider going to a shrink...

Legends
21-01-07, 21:05
Hm.. now this is a stupid thread :cln: (no offence btw) Smoking is a matter of choice, I'm a smoker, I like smoking (I study medicine, so don't give me that crap about how bad for your health smoking is... I know it). Considering the fact that Lara is a person (well... a virtula person...) she is 100&#37; free to smoke if she wants... so, it is not a question if any of us want or think she smoks, it is a matter of what she "wants"... If she smokes, I don't care, if she doen't, I don't care as well, but if any of you actually care, and you are afraid that smoking might hurt her, or stop her from raidering tombs, or anything like that, well you might consider going to a shrink...

Oh my god, no offence, but what a load of crap! You talk like a person who just can't stop smoking. It's not about what she wants, It's actually about what message that sends to the players of Tomb Raider.
We want Lara to be healthy, as it seems like she is. If she smokes, it’ll ruin that image.

Oh! ...And by the way.. The shrink, I think you need to make a call. :wve:

cbragg09
21-01-07, 21:10
Yeah, how can you sit there and say smoking isnt bad?! If they made her a smoker (kinda like Solid Snake from MGS) then her popularity will drop. It IS a matter of opinion, but wow smoking IS bad for your health. Id ask my grandfather but she died of lung cancer...from SMOKING

tsunami151
21-01-07, 21:16
Oh my god, no offence, but what a load of crap! You talk like a person who just can't stop smoking. It's not about what she wants, It's actually about what message that sends to the players of Tomb Raider. We want Lara to be healthy, as it seems like she is. If she smokes, it’ll ruin that image.

Oh! ...And by the way.. The shrink, I think you need to make a call. :wve:

My point was... Lara is a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER! I like the game, I like her too but... she is not real! Who cares if she smokes! And I am a little bit concerned, about some of the people here... they take this stuff and Lara a bit too serious.

Yeah, how can you sit there and say smoking isnt bad?! If they made her a smoker (kinda like Solid Snake from MGS) then her popularity will drop. It IS a matter of opinion, but wow smoking IS bad for your health. Id ask my grandfather but she died of lung cancer...from SMOKING

I am not saying smoking is not bad, I'm saying that smoking is something you choose to do or not to do.

P.S. about the shink, actualy I am a shrink (and currently studying medicine), but if you insist, I will call someone from my colleagues... and btw, I know my smiking is a problem

Legends
21-01-07, 21:22
My point was... Lara is a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER! I like the game, I like her too but... she is not real! Who cares if she smokes! And I am a little bit concerned, about some of the people here... they take this stuff and Lara a bit too serious.

P.S. about the shink, actualy I am a shrink (and currently studying medicine), but if you insist, I will call someone from my colleagues... and btw, I know my smiking is a problem

Please, You're not a shrink, you're 19.
And if you were, you would've understood that my point was; If Lara Smokes it will give a bad and unhealthy massage to the players of Tomb Raider. Clearly you couldn't see that.

cbragg09
21-01-07, 21:26
removed...wrong topic :P

tsunami151
21-01-07, 21:31
Please, You're not a shrink, you're 19.
And if you were, you would've understood that my point was that if Lara Smokes it will give a bad and unhealthy massage to the players of Tomb Raider. Clearly you couldn't see that.

Actually I am 31 (I'm useing my brother's registration, he is 19, and he will be a little upset if he found out that I used his nick to coment, but never mind that) the point is... if follow what you see on screen or relate ot todays media messeges... you have more problems than you think...

cbragg09
21-01-07, 21:36
Actually I am 31 (I'm useing my brother's registration, he is 19, and he will be a little upset if he found out that I used his nick to coment, but never mind that)

errrmmm, thats a little unbelievable....but whatever :rolleyes:

MiCkiZ88
21-01-07, 21:41
If Lara Smokes it will give a bad and unhealthy massage to the players of Tomb Raider.

IMO. This is just the point in modern gaming/ television. If someone smokes in the tv show or video game or even in the movies. It's automatically considered bad and should be cut out of it. It's up to the player or viewer to see what is bad for him/her. If you saw someone, say like solid snake smoke ( he does ) would you just go and buy cigarettes because you have to do so because he does aswell? No. If you do that you have serious problems..

Same goes for other ''cencorship'' in games and media because it's seem bad for you. It's ridicilous imo. By this tempo were going back in time to the golden era of cencoring -.-

Okay back on topic. Yes she is a game character. So what if she smokes. Does it affect the gameplay? no it doesnt. And it shouldnt. It's just a side factor that can be dealt with. IN A GAME. Personally im totally against smoking.

Legends
21-01-07, 21:42
Hm.. now this is a stupid thread :cln: (no offence btw) Smoking is a matter of choice, I'm a smoker, I like smoking (I study medicine, so don't give me that crap about how bad for your health smoking is... I know it). Considering the fact that Lara is a person (well... a virtula person...) she is 100&#37; free to smoke if she wants... so, it is not a question if any of us want or think she smoks, it is a matter of what she "wants"... If she smokes, I don't care, if she doen't, I don't care as well, but if any of you actually care, and you are afraid that smoking might hurt her, or stop her from raidering tombs, or anything like that, well you might consider going to a shrink...

Actually I am 31 (I'm useing my brother's registration, he is 19, and he will be a little upset if he found out that I used his nick to coment, but never mind that) the point is... if follow what you see on screen or relate ot todays media messeges... you have more problems than you think...

Ok, let me get this right, you’re 31 years old, using your brothers account to log on and discuss on www.tombraiderforums.com. Then you think some of the actual members here takes tomb raider a little to serious, and telling us to go to a shrink if we think it’s bad that Lara smokes, Because you think it should be Lara’s own decision.. This is what you’re saying, and I am the one with the problems?!

IMO. This is just the point in modern gaming/ television. If someone smokes in the tv show or video game or even in the movies. It's automatically considered bad and should be cut out of it. It's up to the player or viewer to see what is bad for him/her. If you saw someone, say like solid snake smoke ( he does ) would you just go and buy cigarettes because you have to do so because he does aswell? No. If you do that you have serious problems..

Same goes for other ''cencorship'' in games and media because it's seem bad for you. It's ridicilous imo. By this tempo were going back in time to the golden era of cencoring -.-

Okay back on topic. Yes she is a game character. So what if she smokes. Does it affect the gameplay? no it doesnt. And it shouldnt. It's just a side factor that can be dealt with. IN A GAME. Personally im totally against smoking.
What you are saying actually make sense, and it's a very good point. I meant that smoking is a mater of choice, but so are drugs.
What you choose to do is your choice, but we haven’t seen Lara smoke before, so why now all of a sudden should we?
If it was a new unknown character, it’ll be different. Then you need to make an image for the character. Lara already has one, and smoking isn't one of them.

amitabha
21-01-07, 21:51
I wouldn't mind having a cup of coffee and a smoke with Lara. We could chat about the rough times.

tsunami151
21-01-07, 22:03
Ok, let me get this right, you’re 31 years old, using your brothers account to log on and discuss on www.tombraiderforums.com. Then you think some of the actual members here takes tomb raider a little to serious, and telling us to go to a shrink if we think it’s bad that Lara smokes, Because you think it should be Lara’s own decision.. This is what you’re saying, and I am the one with the problems?!

Oh... why do I even bother... but I guess I have to replay, it doen't matter who's account I'm useing... I also figure you are not clear about the full syntactical use of the quotation marks, because if you were you would not think that I said that Lara desides anything... The part about you going to a shrik was a joke, which you obviously did not understand (but I guess it is not your fault, I'm not a funny person...), but you did get the part that some of the people here take this game and this charecter a bit too seriouse. After all it is a game, you should have fun with it, a smoking charecter should not change that, or make you want to smoke.

amitabha
21-01-07, 22:06
she's a smoker, deal with it. I caught her red handed, we all did. ;)

Olvidarse
21-01-07, 22:16
The watermark on that image - what happened to the Croft Times?

amitabha
21-01-07, 23:53
The watermark on that image - what happened to the Croft Times?

they checked out a while ago

Mr.LadyCroft
22-01-07, 02:31
well saying that she's a video game character a lot of people are saying how would she do jumps and things if she smokes well she's a video game character so it doesn't really affect her unless they want it to.

thevman
22-01-07, 03:49
Remember that most cigar smokers don't even inhale -- it's completely different from a cigarette, it's largely smoked for it's flavour, and very good ones have virtually no smokyness at all. Of course, there are still health risks such as oral cancer, but generally the risks of cigar smoking are way, way lower than cigarettes.

The point of this promo picture is to show a celebration about a specific success. It probably wasn't the best image they could have come up with if they were worried about the message it was putting out, but in the scheme of things it really isn't a big deal.

Says the man that was around when core was in it's heyday! :tmb:

Oh... why do I even bother... but I guess I have to replay, it doen't matter who's account I'm useing... I also figure you are not clear about the full syntactical use of the quotation marks, because if you were you would not think that I said that Lara desides anything... The part about you going to a shrik was a joke, which you obviously did not understand (but I guess it is not your fault, I'm not a funny person...), but you did get the part that some of the people here take this game and this charecter a bit too seriouse. After all it is a game, you should have fun with it, a smoking charecter should not change that, or make you want to smoke.

Don't worry about it, I too said I'd never smoke when I was a kid. Don't forget these guys are mostly young, innocent, naive, optomistic, and idealistic. Let's see what vices they pick up in 30 more years of hard living on their own. ;) It's easy to sit back and make judgement calls when your not the one dealing with the problems. I don't tell them how to live, don't tell me how to live... :whi: I just shoveled 6 driveways, had 3 smokes while doing it and I'm pushing 47. :D (stupid jerks at apartment complex don't do squat and I have summer tires, besides, tires are too wide for snowtires to dig in either, they just ride up on the snow and spin)

http://home.comcast.net/~tuki12/banner3.jpg

ivannnnn
22-01-07, 06:29
OMG!!!! I never thought that Lara is a smoker :yik:

WTF!!!! :mad:

Can't Lara as a good woman? :mad:

petujaymz
22-01-07, 13:59
Lara is a NON smoker. No question!

I'd fancy a fag after spending 8 hours raiding a tomb...

Maybe she's only a social smoker.

Legends
22-01-07, 15:34
I'd fancy a fag after spending 8 hours raiding a tomb...

Maybe she's only a social smoker.

Maybe, but that's different from being an active smoker.

Marija_Croft
22-01-07, 18:46
I would have to agree.I don't like smokers(no offence),especialy for such a lady.I mean,really?

Roddy100
23-01-07, 02:14
The fact is, for many young people Lara is a role model and having her smoke doesn't set a good example really does it?

gtkilla
23-01-07, 02:22
Lara is not a smoker and will never be one. :ohn: It ruins her whole image, IMO. Smoking a cigar isn't Lara's way of relaxing or her reward. Lara's way of relaxation is shooting at her butler then locking him inside her freezer. :tea:

AmericanAssassin
23-01-07, 02:23
Lara is not a smoker and will never be one. :ohn: It ruins her whole image, IMO. Smoking a cigar isn't Lara's way of relaxing or her reward. Lara's way of relaxation is shooting at her butler then locking him inside her freezer. :tea:
Exactly! :tmb: Well said!

amitabha
23-01-07, 03:49
The fact is, for many young people Lara is a role model and having her smoke doesn't set a good example really does it?

And her breast size does?

RedTyga
23-01-07, 04:10
The role model crap is that, crap. She's a damn video game character that shoots animals and people and steals relics.

... All that said though, I don't really see her as a smoker. Not because it's bad but because she doesn't strike me as one.

EscondeR
23-01-07, 04:47
The role model crap is that, crap. She's a damn video game character that shoots animals and people and steals relics.

What are you doing here then? :mis: :pi:

Seriously, Lara can't be a smoker ;)

PARANOIA
23-01-07, 10:48
What are you doing here then? :mis: :pi:

He's not here to take life lessons from Lara, that's for sure.

RedTyga
23-01-07, 18:39
She is not here to take life lessons from Lara.

Just because she's not a role model doesn't mean I can't like the game, wtf?

Roddy100
23-01-07, 19:49
And her breast size does?

No, but her breasts won't kill her will they?

moodydog
23-01-07, 20:07
I was horrified when I saw one of Core's concept artwork on Lara choking on tabaco and blowing out smoke from a cigar. I pray that Crystal Dynamics never even dares put any kind of cancer stick inside the new Lara's mouth. She must always stay clean - Lara must always be an anti-smoker. Who agrees???

w/e

no offence ;)

i just dont see how its a big deal, yeah she i smoking, but it hasnt got anything to do wiv tomb raider at all so dont worry about it!

thevman
23-01-07, 20:26
I also get a kick out of everyone "blowing smoke" about role models. PLEASE! When I was a kid I was too busy being me to wanna be like anyone else. Doesn't anyone have any self esteme, self pride, self image, self respect these days? I find it silly that people expect singers, sports stars, actors, etc. to be role models, they are in it for the m-o-n-e-y, not to better your life, get over it, they will do as they please in their free time.

Roddy100
23-01-07, 22:15
PLEASE! When I was a kid I was too busy being me to wanna be like anyone else.

Well good for you, you were probably in the minority. You can't deny that young impressionable people do aspire to be like their favourite icons and that many DO in fact have self esteem and self-respect issues.

If only more kids could have been like you. Unfortunately they weren't mature enough to know that being themselves was all they needed to be.

amitabha
23-01-07, 23:58
No, but her breasts won't kill her will they?

well now that you have me thinking, those breast from the original TR sure look sharp and pointy.

Roddy100
24-01-07, 01:34
well now that you have me thinking, those breast from the original TR sure look sharp and pointy.

Okay, good point! You wouldn't want to run into her would you? Instant death.

Shark_Blade
24-01-07, 02:14
:vlol:

what does pointy breasts got to do with role model? Seriously I think Core did a mistake publishing that one photo that doesn't portray Lara Croft with the right image.

Mary CF
24-01-07, 05:11

Lara seems too smart and independent to be addicted to nicotine and stupidly whiling away her life on something totally not worth it.

No offense to any smokers out there, but it's the truth.

Moon-Safari
24-01-07, 08:08
Cigars are classy and sexy. Lara never asked to be a rolemodel :cool: although I do think it would be socially irresponsible to make Lara a smoker. I don't think eidos should promote that image anymore. Lara shouldn't be made an example of and make every decision based on what a role model would do. I would like her to still retain that edge.

gtkilla
24-01-07, 08:19
Cigars are classy and sexy. Lara never asked to be a rolemodel :cool: although I do think it would be socially irresponsible to make Lara a smoker. I don't think eidos should promote that image anymore. Lara shouldn't be made an example of and make every decision based on what a role model would do. I would like her to still retain that edge.

In your opinion. ;) In mine, they're just nasty.

Moon-Safari
24-01-07, 08:47
In your opinion. ;) In mine, they're just nasty.

well I never said "in your opinion."

Mikel Croft
24-01-07, 09:04
OK, so you're against toes, leads to perversion, :rolleyes: smoking, obvious health issues (as I light up a smoke), :D what's next? :confused: Drinking and driving??? Might as well hit em all... :mis: Glutonry, too many fatties in the world??? :whi: Farting, puts holes in the ozone... :pi::vlol: :D

Moon-Safari
24-01-07, 09:16
I also get a kick out of everyone "blowing smoke" about role models. PLEASE! When I was a kid I was too busy being me to wanna be like anyone else. Doesn't anyone have any self esteme, self pride, self image, self respect these days? I find it silly that people expect singers, sports stars, actors, etc. to be role models, they are in it for the m-o-n-e-y, not to better your life, get over it, they will do as they please in their free time.

I agree, but today's American family unit has been broken up. It will take years for evolution and society to find a functional way for both parents to go to work and the child to grow up with no role models. Maybe children will evolve to learn their basic needs from instinct like a spider learns to spin its own web. I'm not being sexist, but we can't ignore the blatant fact that things have changed in society with women going into the work force. Nothing is wrong with that, but now children are searching for role models in the media.

ivannnnn
24-01-07, 09:35
I agree if Lara smoke a non-tobacco cigarettes,such as ash of the flowers :whi:

trfan518
24-01-07, 15:29

I agree...plus it is really disgusting if you ask me

Ultimate_Lara
26-01-07, 03:09
I don't think Lara should smoke! How can she tomb raid when she's coughing all over the place!? :confused:
Plus, her fingernails would be all rotten, so how would she climb mountains?? She seems to always forget her climbing gear!! :D

amitabha
26-01-07, 03:17
you know Lara sneaks a smokes when our playstations are turned off.

RocShemp
27-01-07, 00:18
That shot of her with cigar offers little suprise to me, given that women smoking cigars was a (briefly) a big thing in the 90's.

Megalith
27-01-07, 12:10
No way!!That would be so out of character!

mizuno_suisei
27-01-07, 12:17
OH now that WOULD be awesome. Only if it was AOD and Legend Lara who were the smokers. Then they would die of Enphysema or Lung Cancer ;)

Anniversary Lara and the Original Lara shouldnt be the smokers. Lara is too cool for Cancer ;) :p

Terminatorvs
27-01-07, 15:37
I didn't like Lara's picture as a smoker. Apparently, she didn't like it either. Now, look what happened:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Terminatorvs/SmokerLara.jpg

Lara Croft!
27-01-07, 15:45
Hehehe....I'm a smoker and many people around the world and we don't look like that!Still....LOL!!!!:D :D :D

darkos
07-02-07, 15:35
Lara Croft, a smoker!!!!:) Laid-back Lara. :mad: Sitting around at home, missing her trainings could result for her, just being a smoker.

No, definitely. She needs all the energy she can get in her raiding.

top-toddy
07-02-07, 15:59
anit smoking lara , good idea

Anubis_AF
07-02-07, 16:02
That is freaky, Terminator :D

Phlip
07-02-07, 16:07
I agree, I'd really be annoyed if lara smoked.

April Reanna
07-02-07, 16:33
and I will be dissapointed if Lara turns into an alcoholic too:o

Phlip
07-02-07, 16:47
or a ghetto queen like in aod when she waked up in a parisian ghetto on a seperated train carrige.

Sara Croft
07-02-07, 18:43
i like that picture.
instead of her smoking because its "good" or anything im looking on it as the winning cigar. if it was a normal cigarette i would react different, but i rather look at her as a winner with a cigar.

"Tough women doesnt smoke small smokes" :p (ok, that line was lame:P)

Anyway, i think its a great picture :D

April Reanna
08-02-07, 01:04
instead of smoking cigar, she should smoke from a car exhaust

aussie500
08-02-07, 01:33
Crikeys! Whats the world coming to, a girl cannot even celebrate her success by smoking the occasional cigar without a bunch of health nuts, and lost souls in search of a role model jumping out of the woodwork complaining :ton: Smoking a celebratory cigar does not make Lara a smoker, or do her any harm and l am sure she could not care what anyone thinks of it. Certainly she does a lot of other things potentially far more deadly than smoking a cigar

April Reanna
08-02-07, 01:58
^I'm sure Lara learn how to smoke from Von Croy.

In final scene of last revelation, the tomb was crumbling down

Von Croy: Your hand child! Quickly, I can pull you to safety!

Lara: You bet Verner? No more Seth?...*Lara was hanging on an ledge, below her a deadly chasm with 1000 feet depth.

Von Croy: I...I can't promise you..but here child, get a load of this little bugger. *light up a cigar and shove it to Lara's lips.

Lara: Old timer, this is some good sh**. *puff some clouds

*Lara got a cough and cough some more, badly. She let go and fall into the dark hole and smash onto the cold ground floor of the tomb,dead.

Our lesson for today

Smoking kills. Do not smoke and raid.

nl74
08-02-07, 12:23
Boy I am sick of all this political correctness. She's video game character does it really matter?

Smoking is bad for you everybody knows that yet I wish they'd stop trying to find new ways of telling us this whilst ignoring the fact that people obviously enjoy it,it is these campagnes that most likely make younger people want to start.

I don't smoke and never have, that was my choice and I don't get offended by people who do, that was their choice. I am infact against the upcoming ban in the UK purely for selfish reasons which are who is going to pay all the lost cigarette duty revenue when the expected drop in cigarrette sales filters through? Probably the motorist, I was happy to let smokers carry on paying all that tax! There is so much else wrong in the UK that this was a problem that just didn't need solving (yet) Let's maybe make our hospitals cleaner or address global warning, address crime, focus on the terror threat etc etc first.

This country (Uk) makes me so mad these days...Sorry rant over.....

Natla'd
08-02-07, 14:50
^I'm sure Lara learn how to smoke from Von Croy.

In final scene of last revelation, the tomb was crumbling down

Von Croy: Your hand child! Quickly, I can pull you to safety!

Lara: You bet Verner? No more Seth?...*Lara was hanging on an ledge, below her a deadly chasm with 1000 feet depth.

Von Croy: I...I can't promise you..but here child, get a load of this little bugger. *light up a cigar and shove it to Lara's lips.

Lara: Old timer, this is some good sh**. *puff some clouds

*Lara got a cough and cough some more, badly. She let go and fall into the dark hole and smash onto the cold ground floor of the tomb,dead.

Our lesson for today

Smoking kills. Do not smoke and raid.

I must have been playing a different version of TRLR. ;)

ben croft
08-02-07, 14:54
I don't like the pic. Lara's not a smoker. :mad:

barabora
11-02-07, 02:12

When I saw this and (to)pic, I think just EIDOS will be able to make a "Accesary (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1558280&postcount=59)"
item on menu-option(with outfit), (e.g. sun-glass, tobacco, gloves, hats... etc.)
when somebody choose to wear this smoking-accessary, maybe getting fire
at home in 30 sec. If they through it away on the carpet. etc. This is a little bit
different kind of explosive LPG-GAS in the kitchen. That fire-working is "Intentive"
(with pistol) but this tabacco fire-working is not "Intentive" e.g. you can't hold
a pistol when you get this tabacco accessary so you should throw it away for getting
pistol or other action. At this moment, where you it throw away? On the carpet?
Getting Fire in 40-60 sec. at home!!! How about that? Goooda~ hehe~ :cln:

e.g. Yeah~ This tabacco accesary have a fonction like grenade.(wether Using
intensively or not) Every Gamer(=user) doesn't know why piano room getting fire
and alarm beginning now when you're in just physical tranning couse in Lara's home...
Why house's buring? The reason that you through tabacco away on the carpet in
piano room before arriving physical tranning area or swimming pull. etc.
when there is burning at home, the game situation is change to bad.

It's TR that more and more being reality (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1561788&postcount=71).
Possible Fire area is normally on the carpet
anywhere in the house, In the kitchen area.
In the weapon-gallery... etc.

Now at this time... we can make a situation more funny. EIDOS will be able to make
whenever, wherever throw away this tabacco... anywhere getting fire at home!!!
Very possible!!! e.g. you throw tabacco away in out-side area beside physical
traninning course... but house is burning, too!!! It is a little bit un-logical why
house is burning. Because you throw tabacco away on the ground.

LESSON OF CONCLUSION:
Don't throw this tobacco away at all. http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/gen145.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Wummmwhaehae~ :jmp:

Keep the fire burning largely and brutally continue
Fire finishing but there are messing-up site with black dust
Fire finishing but there are cleaning back, nothing object
No fire if there is Mr. Wang enclose to Lara with his tray.

If you select tabacco accessary on the menu-option, you should NOT
throw away until game is over. If you through away? The house is burning!!!
This meaining... You lost all of Lara's home. There is no carpet, no piano,
no books, no painting, no window, nothing object in the place there.
We can make several types in this time like above. Or you should going into
a swimming pull for going return nomal Lara. Lara catch this tabacco
such like "desert-eagle" so looks very great!!! Sometime Lara is smoking
action will be showing such like "mouth-steam" in cold area. You can
choose (1)Big cigar (2)Pipe tobacco Only two!!! No cigarette!!!
Absolutely Not!!! Only Big cigar or pipe... Why? This is educational
decision. If cigarette which can buy so eaisly on the market showing...
Not good for children who are playing this TR.

And Giving also a poll right to this topic.
Because this topic had over 130 replies.
You want to see Lara's smoking somewhere or not?
(e.g. in the game, poster, magazine... etc.)

(1)Yes
(2)No
(3)Don't care
(4)No Poll but comments

Angelus
11-02-07, 11:03
No, Lara Croft is not a smoker. :)

Angel_14
11-02-07, 11:06
:rolleyes: That pic is just a pic. Nothing else. It's not like Lara lighted a cigarette anytime, when she felt like ;)

April Reanna
11-02-07, 11:32
I think it's just a pose. She doesn't look like she's puffing any smoke:D

kryptonite23
11-02-07, 11:41
I agree,because if she smoke she will not be active anymore.

cal6n
11-02-07, 12:18
Smoking is big and clever, we all know that.

Lara smokes. The camera never lies.

Get over it...

Oh, and BTW, Cid Hightower, possibly the coolest videogame character ever, smokes rollies!

whisperingdevil
20-02-07, 19:07
I've looked at Lara as healthy, I would be disappointed if they made her start smoking.

PirateFromPeru
20-02-07, 19:25
Wow, I never knew people had so many things to say about Lara smoking a cigar. Who cares. It's a cigar and if she wants to smoke one she's allowed. :ton:

jeremyANDROGYNY
21-02-07, 02:14
Smoking is big and clever, we all know that.

Lara smokes. The camera never lies.

Get over it...

Oh, and BTW, Cid Hightower, possibly the coolest videogame character ever, smokes rollies!

I believe that you mean Cid Highwind from FFVII. I don't like the thought or idea of Lara smoking but I guess I could see it as a 'winning' cigar. It could be worse though, she could be adventuring and you cold have a meter which says when Lara needs her smokes. That'd be horrible.:(

Mad Tony
21-02-07, 08:04
Well this thread is old...

Forwen
21-02-07, 09:33
Obviously you mean Cid Highwind, indeed one of the very few FFVII characters that sometimes displayed glimpses of personality.

CoffeeBean
21-02-07, 09:38
It's... a videogame... character.

cal6n
21-02-07, 10:17
Obviously you mean Cid Highwind, indeed one of the very few FFVII characters that sometimes displayed glimpses of personality.

Yeah, fair enough. It's been a few years and my memory...

cal6n
21-02-07, 10:18
It's... a videogame... character.

Well said. Something a lot of this site can't get their head round!

oculi
21-02-07, 11:31
who cares if she smokes, do you think she should also not shoot people, for fear of stupid kids shooting people?

smoking doesnt magically make you unfit, it just increases the risk of dying of lung cancer and all those other interesting conditions.

krycekuva
21-02-07, 11:54
ok,... this would have been so easier if it was made a thread....

Legend of Lara
21-02-07, 13:09
Okay...

First of all: Get over yourselves!
Second: Get over yourselves!
Third: Get over yourselves!

This is just PUBLICITY! And 80% of the time, publicity is beyond CRAP!!!
And she is a ViDeOgAmE character!!!!!!!!!!
I don't support smoking, in fact I'm against it, but this discussion is just plain absurd.

Lara_in_training
21-02-07, 13:17
yeha i know she si a video game character but what if younger kids started getting into it and they look up to her or whatever evern tho its just a cigar and its not that big of a deal...it was ONE cigar...
By the way^i loveeee ur signature!! lol

Rivendell
21-02-07, 13:20
but what if younger kids started getting into it and they look up to her or whatever evern tho its just a cigar and its not that big of a deal...

I think there's a lot more serious issues to look at in Lara's character that are dangerous to influencial little kiddies than smoking.

How about thievery? How about murder? Nobody seems to care about those 'small' points! :whi:

Pipolinne
21-02-07, 13:41
Rivendell,don't you know,by now,that all smokers are potential killers and robbers ;) ?

Sincerely,after one year and some months on this forum,I still get astonished when people make a big fuss about details like swearing and smoking.

First of all,TR games were never meant to children.Second,people do have a brain.Sometimes,it's good to use it and actually think with it! Or aren't people able to understand just because Lara, a fictional character,smokes,that is not an encouragement for people to smoke??!That tobacco is harmful,though some pixelized figure was programmed to smoke some pixelized ciggie!

Or do you also believe there's such things as infinite ammo pistols,T-Rexs,and that people have the ability to survive a lot of bullets and,in case we die,reload life again??!

Please...

Lara_in_training
21-02-07, 14:07
its realy not that big of a deal about her younger influences on killing and robbing for me becuase i was brought up better thanthat and so were alot of people but alot of people brought up like me had smokers in their lives and it may influence little kids along with that.. but okay now im getting myself lost so im going to stop...

thevman
21-02-07, 14:36
Ahhh, so a game wouldn't influence kids to steal or kill, but a smoker might influence them to smoke... :rolleyes: Sorry kids are such soft minded wimps that lara puffing on a cigar is going to make them smoke! :vlol: It's not like she smokes in the game... :whi: How convienient that one thing won't influence them but another will... :mis:

Lara_in_training
21-02-07, 14:40
yeah its noty like sh estops mid level wait i have to have a smoke..adn pulls out a cigar its not that big of a deal!

Mona Sax
21-02-07, 15:25
I think it's blown way out of proportion. First, as Pipolinne said, it's not a kids game. It's okay if they play it, of course, but it's not aimed at that particular audience. Second, I don't think anybody became a nicotine addict because of a single ironic render. As a matter of fact, I don't think anybody would start smoking just because some pixel chick does it, and if they do... well, in that case, it's not really the game that's to blame. Third, Lara does way worse things in the games. If Lara was as prim and proper as some people seem to want her to be, she wouldn't shoot anybody or steal anything in TR8. She probably wouldn't even enter tombs or touch artifacts out of respect for the dead. TR8: Politically Correct Unarmed Mild-Mannered Living Room Raider. I'm looking forward to it.

Lara_in_training
21-02-07, 17:08
thats true....

Pipolinne
21-02-07, 18:39
Lol,Mona,what a superb game that would be :vlol:!

Lara: Uhum...this is an endangered specie.Though it's coming right at me,I won't kill it.

Lara:Oh no...I must not enter this godforsaken tomb and steal this priceless artefact. I shall call the national museum and ask them to retrieve it.

Lara: I cannot smoke,for smoking is bad.Besides,instead of killing enemies,I'll just put them to sleep with my stunning gun.

:D

Xx..LARA..xX
23-02-07, 09:36
Werent Core going to make lara an alcoholic in Angel of Darkness ??

scoopy_loopy
23-02-07, 09:55
only because her world comes crashing down around her.

Personally I wouldnt care if lara was a smoker. But I would prefer it if she stole a ciggy from someones mouth and smushed it out with her foot. lol, that seems more lara to me.

troy tr
23-02-07, 10:20
or Lara can just take Kurtis' cigarette and stuck it right up his nose :D LMAO :vlol:
That'll show him not to smoke.

Howaito
23-02-07, 16:25
Lara Croft, in my honest opinion, would be much more classier if she smoked. (That is, if she had a cigarette holder or something...)
She's a British aristocrat, of course she's going to smoke bloody cigars. And she's rich too. But she's also a professional, so she wouldn't smoke on the job; maybe after she's saved the world she enjoys an expensive cigar in her living room, nothing wrong with that.
Political Correctness gone mad really.. it reminds me of those PC-weirdos that edited out the cigar from Winston Churchill's mouth on some pictures.

rejectedpunk9
23-02-07, 17:02
Lol I've got that picture on my wall! Cut it out of a magazine years ago

hehe me 2:D

and the smoking doesnt bother me

Willard
23-02-07, 22:02
LOL sorry but I thought that was rather funny don't see the big deal about that image!

CerebralAssassin
24-02-07, 00:45
Lara a SMOKER?I don't think so...

although,I'd have to admit,being a smoker has it's advantages for locations like "the louvre museum" in AOD...(if you don't know,don't aks).;)

mizuno_suisei
24-02-07, 02:01
If she smoked, she would only do it for the cameras, meaning she would "bum-suck" and get tongue cancer quicker than she would get lung cancer if she actually inhaled! ^^

Captain Mazda
24-02-07, 04:12

I doubt Lara would need to look anymore attractive ;)

PirateFromPeru
27-02-07, 05:52
The smoking thing doesn't bother me. I've smoked a cigar before and an entire pack of cigarettes just to see what it was like. I still consider myself a non-smoker (if that makes sense.) Lara can smoke if she wants. It's all good. :)

I never knew she was supposed to be an alcohalic in AOD. I'd like to see what she would be like in a drunken rampage all angry and depressed. Maybe THAT'S when she smokes a cigar. ;)

troy tr
27-02-07, 16:51
I don't like the idea of her smoking. :rolleyes:

Hyper_Crazy
27-02-07, 17:18
This thread still going? I thought this thread had died :D

belter_21
27-02-07, 20:22
lara just wouldn't...isolated in tombs (needing a fag)...unlikely

cal6n
27-02-07, 21:05
This thread still going? I thought this thread had died :D

Well, I've tried to give up but I can't stop posting...

:tea:

Laras Backpack
27-02-07, 21:43
Well, I've tried to give up but I can't stop posting...

:tea:

Might I suggest some kind of anti-posting patch or gum? :D

Lara'sLover
03-03-07, 11:43
Here it is... I hope CD don't do anything crazy like this either :).

http://i13.************/2lvzu9y.jpg

barabora
03-03-07, 12:07
Here it is... I hope CD don't do anything crazy like this either :).

But think like this... If this Big-Cigar using a certain
funny situation (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1566182&postcount=136) making in the game, you agree this Big-Cigar
introducing to TR? As a accessary like items which was
already shown in AOD.(=Cognac). How about?
Whether you are smoker or non-smoker... http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/gen145.gif

mizuno_suisei
03-03-07, 12:17
lara just wouldn't...isolated in tombs (needing a fag)...unlikely

OMFG, I cant stop laughing!

*breathe Zac breathe*
*breathes* "ohhh..."
*coughs up nicoteen coated lungs*

Check this out, A production of Paint and Photoshop. This is what NOT will happen to Lara ;)

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1584/larasmokeryy9.jpg

AmericanAssassin
03-03-07, 12:34

mizuno_suisei
03-03-07, 12:35
As you could probably see, the Cigarette packet between her Sillicon Twins says Marlboro, 16mg of goodness >_>

barabora
03-03-07, 12:38
You had good job but don't link too large size image
directly on this posting-body. Just using URL link is better
like this (http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1584/larasmokeryy9.jpg). This cigarette is excluded to discuss about this topic.
Only Big-Cigar and pipe tabacco (as a Lara's accessary)
are discussed. Why don't discuss?!?! So you want to
going into a poll again in this area? hehe~ :cln:

AmericanAssassin
03-03-07, 12:40
As you could probably see, the Cigarette packet between her Sillicon Twins says Marlboro, 16mg of goodness >_>

More like 16mg of bad breath! :vlol:

barabora
03-03-07, 13:47
More like 16mg of bad breath! :vlol:

STOP teasing~ If you want to be a MOD here~ :cln:
Anyway that guy had good graphic job I guess.
(photoshop is not easy...) But don't link large size image directly
on the posting-body in next time. See the sample here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=88303).
And I said... Cigarette is not discussion. Not good for education.
This game is 12+ There is too much smoking scean in Family game?!?!
Be Prohibited to show this smoking scean any TV program
in this country already. Don't do that in your country? :confused:

(So I'm very missing ClintEstWood smoking scean on the film... :( )

mizuno_suisei
03-03-07, 13:55
You had good job but don't link too large size image
directly on this posting-body. Just using URL link is better
like this (http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1584/larasmokeryy9.jpg). This cigarette is excluded to discuss about this topic.
Only Big-Cigar and pipe tabacco (as a Lara's accessary)
are discussed. Why don't discuss?!?! So you want to
going into a poll again in this area? hehe~ :cln:

Barabora, Please dont say such things, The Image doesnt stretch the page, so its fine, and its a low quality picture, so it would take a second for Dial-Up'ers for it to load, and like 1millionth of a second for Broadbanders to load :p

i HATE marlboro's, I got a pack of Malboro Reds once, had about 7 through the day and i was spewing my guts up all night, 16 x 7 = 122mg in ONE DAY! Im now smoking Winfield White Charcoal Filters which are 2mg, about 7 a day making it 14mg per-day ;) are you all proud of me? ^^

Laras Backpack
03-03-07, 15:53
mizuno_suisei: that pic is fantastic :vlol: :tmb:

mizuno_suisei
04-03-07, 04:14
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7783/lara2ry9.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lara2ry9.jpg)

Im actually using it as my Wallpaper ^^ xD

Amando_au
06-03-07, 10:10

all though she was eating TV Dinner in the First Movie:confused:

Howaito
06-03-07, 11:10
Maybe the cigar was simply there to give the.. you know.. sexual premise of her .. using something else in her mouth instead of a cigar for the blokes.. you know? Sexual hidden premises.....

CerebralAssassin
07-03-07, 13:58
OMFG, I cant stop laughing!

*breathe Zac breathe*
*breathes* "ohhh..."
*coughs up nicoteen coated lungs*

Check this out, A production of Paint and Photoshop. This is what NOT will happen to Lara ;)

lmao!!:vlol:

PirateFromPeru
07-03-07, 20:09
That picture is great. Looks like she has a lazy eye too. :D

Sekhraider
07-03-07, 20:25
That is soo crazy! :jmp:

I love it! :jmp: :jmp:

MisterCroft
08-03-07, 13:33
I dont think Lara should be a smoker, mainly as it is bad for her(i know shes not real) and would be a bad role model impression. Looks like someone has Doctored a TR photo.

buffytabor
08-03-07, 20:50
Hell no, she cannot smoke. She needs to be healthy. She can be badass without a cig in her mouth. Plain nasty! No offense to the people that do smoke.

MisterCroft
09-03-07, 14:49
And usally the bad guys should be the smokers (Stereotype) :)

laralauraxxx
10-03-07, 17:09
^^ that's true and lara s not a smoker you dont imagine her to have ashtray breath do you ?