PDA

View Full Version : Staticy Hair how to get rid of it??

Lara Coft Baby
19-01-07, 20:04
Every winter my hair gets SO Staticy and its really starting to **** me off. Putting hair spray makes it go away for a few minutes but it makes my hair Oily and the static comes back. Is there a way to get rid of staticy hair with out making my hair oily?? Cause i am really getting fed up with it. :mad:

Greenkey2
19-01-07, 20:12
Shave it off :whi:

Or, slightly less radical, try and increase the humidity where you live. Dry air generates more static than damp air; you can buy humidifiers, or just place pots of water in places where they can evaporate (near radiators etc).

bett
19-01-07, 20:32
or try running a dryer sheet over your hair and rub it over your hair brush/comb. very simple solution (and it smells good) :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-01-07, 20:48
The dryer sheet thing may work. Just don't do what I used to and get your hands wet and rub your hands through your hair. The water makes it worse for some reason. I used to have that problem with staticy hair A LOT though. It was rediculous! And at a few points, I almost did decide to shave it all off!

danitiwa
19-01-07, 20:51
Use tons of hairgel, end of story.

Lara Coft Baby
19-01-07, 21:00
Use tons of hairgel, end of story.

That just seems to make my hair oily, :(

bett
19-01-07, 21:03
the dryer sheet thing works really well, i used to do it all the time. it's handy to keep one in a jacket pocket if you plan on wearing a sweater or scarf

rika2
19-01-07, 21:03
say "**** it" and walk around with your hair oily...

Lara Coft Baby
19-01-07, 21:05
say "**** it" and walk around with your hair oily...

lol but it dont look good,

Geck-o-Lizard
19-01-07, 21:07
Is there a way to get rid of staticy hair with out making my hair oily?? Cause i am really getting fed up with it. :mad:

http://im.edirectory.ie/p/10013/i/clippershc310.jpg

:p

Anyway, tried using conditioner? Also try changing the shampoo you use; it might have something to do with it.

danitiwa
19-01-07, 21:07
lol but it dont look good,

Who gives a ****? Guys should like you for who you are, not because you look like some annarexic stick figure with poofy lips off a magazine.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-01-07, 21:10
Pssst. She's talking about her hair, not her figure. ;)

Sofitegan
19-01-07, 21:33
why does it matter so much? no offence but ive never been able to understand why people make such a fuss about their hair...

danitiwa
19-01-07, 21:35
Pssst. She's talking about her hair, not her figure. ;)

I wasn't talking about only figure, I meant including the hair, I meant as in models, as in perfect, as in impossible, as in FAKE.

Lara Coft Baby
19-01-07, 22:40
why does it matter so much? no offence but ive never been able to understand why people make such a fuss about their hair...

I dont know my hair is my obsession it has to look a certain way or It drives me crazy. I cant control it, seriously i cant.

Sofitegan
19-01-07, 22:54
I dont know my hair is my obsession it has to look a certain way or It drives me crazy. I cant control it, seriously i cant.
Fairplay, lol!
my friend ruby has an obsession with her fringe, it sticks straight up in the air sometimes, no exaggerations! she has recently discovered how to blow dry it so it stays down, so thats a new little morning ritual for her now then. honsetly, someday im sure her hair will all fall out with all the crap she puts on it and applies to it.

:rolleyes: lol

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-01-07, 23:02
Ok I heard this works. Get some hair gel, just a little, and kind of water it down, then apply it to your hair. Assuming you'll blowdry it afterward though. That should work.

Sofitegan
19-01-07, 23:06
If it were me i'd sick it all out form my head in "statue of liberty" style and dye it green.

but im a freak.

Lew
19-01-07, 23:09
Wash your hair everyday :D
And use straighteners or try curling it.

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-01-07, 23:13
If your hair bluntly cut? You might need some layers or something to help.

Lara Coft Baby
20-01-07, 02:12
Wash your hair everyday :D
And use straighteners or try curling it.

Thats to much work :cln: but it wont hurt to try :p :tea:

Little-Lara
20-01-07, 06:26
U can try this, it used to work for me back in HS. Use oil, but just few drops, about two drops per side (right and left). Then massage the oil in u'r palms First, then massage the outer parts of u'r hair with u'r palms. Also, dry u'r hair quickly after showering with a fan, don't wait or it will become crinky. Good luck.

Fish.
20-01-07, 06:45
Rub your hair with a balloon.

Little-Lara
21-01-07, 07:02
Rub your hair with a balloon.

:vlol: I hope u don't!!!