PDA

View Full Version : oh dear.

Sofitegan
20-01-07, 19:05
Im SUCH a hypocrite! i used to make fun of my friends for liking what sugary pop music type stuff that pretends its rock, now all of a sudden im really enjoying it! ive been listening to Fall out boy loads and im scared everyones going to find me out, lol. what a loser...

has anyone else ever made fun of somebody for liking something and then realised they actually quite like it? :D

Kamrusepas
20-01-07, 19:06
Yeah, that's happened to me too. Can't remember a specific example atm, though.

But I remember how my sister used to make fun of me and our mom watching Gilmore Girls [I like it, don't ask]. A while ago when they were showing reruns, my sister got totally hooked on it :D

Sofitegan
20-01-07, 19:08
gilmore girls! :yik: now thats embarrasing... :D its also happened to me recently with My Chemical Romance, and everyones found me out. xD i dont like the song "welcome to the black parade" though, i stil hate that. but "You Know what they do to guys like us in prison" is an awesome song, haha!

MiCkiZ88
20-01-07, 19:08
Kam you watched that show aswell! :D ( whoops.. totally embarassing :o )

Yes.. it's happened to me. I used to hate First person shooters and online games. But gues who's hooked on em again -.-

Night Crawler
20-01-07, 19:09
I usually give people grief for liking embarrassing stuff that I actually secretly like, just to get a reaction from them, if they're like: "I don't care, I like it" I'm like, "yeah, me too actually". :D

Kamrusepas
20-01-07, 19:10
gilmore girls! :yik: now thats embarrasing... :D

I've never thought of it that way.

da tomb raider!
20-01-07, 19:10
Not that I recall of. :whi:

Sofitegan
20-01-07, 19:12
I've never thought of it that way.

sorry, no offence was intended...

its just that for me its the kind of show i'd watch as a bit of a guilty pleasure, :D

Lavinder
20-01-07, 19:12
Don't be embarrassed about what you like! Even if you were a hypocrite everyone will forget, I use to be completely against any new 'chavvy' music but now I listen to it 45% of the time!

I love really embarrassing songs that are donkeys years old and cheesy but thats who I am, and people love me for my quirkyness :p

Alive_and_Funky
20-01-07, 19:14
Yeah, that's happened to me too. Can't remember a specific example atm, though.

But I remember how my sister used to make fun of me and our mom watching Gilmore Girls [I like it, don't ask]. A while ago when they were showing reruns, my sister got totally hooked on it :D
:D
gilmore girls! :yik: now thats embarrasing... :D
Hey! Don't dis the Gilmore Girls! That's quality television. :D

Well, I wouldn't say I made fun of them, but I did think people were stupid for watching... now this will really shock some people... wrestling. I didn't see the point in watching people beat each other up.
One day I decided to watch WCW to see what wrestling was like, and I thought it was the best thing since Power Rangers.
Right now, I'm a total wrestling nerd. I know quite a fair bit about American, English and Japanese wrestling. I'm also hoping to become a professional wrestler when I'm older.

Kamrusepas
20-01-07, 19:16
sorry, no offence was intended...

Yeah, non taken. I do know some people find that show as somehow embarrassing, but I like it and I have no problem admitting it.

Laras Backpack
20-01-07, 19:16
I remember the look on my little brother's face when I caught him watching and enjoying Dawson's Creek. He likes to pretend he's too cool for shows like that, but he's really just as lame as me. :D I think you'll be admired for being honest about changing your tastes and trying something new. Some people are so scared of looking silly that they miss out on so much.

Cord_Croft
20-01-07, 19:18
I remember the look on my little brother's face when I caught him watching and enjoying Dawson's Creek. He likes to pretend he's too cool for shows like that, but he's really just as lame as me. :D I think you'll be admired for being honest about changing your tastes and trying something new. Some people are so scared of looking silly that they miss out on so much.

Ditto.
Don't be embarrased by what you like!

Melonie Tomb Raider
20-01-07, 19:28
I used to say I could never really get into RPGs, now that's probably my favorite genre. :p

Rivendell
20-01-07, 20:16
Yes - about 10 years ago: The Spice Girls :vlol: