PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Worst Snow Storm on its way....

Lew
20-01-07, 22:02
I read in a newspaper than its on its way, and with the weather we're having i'm not surprised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6279769.stm

scion05
20-01-07, 22:02
I hope so :o

Alive_and_Funky
20-01-07, 22:03
Did you just say "snow storm"? So that means we'll get snow. I've not seen any snow yet so I'll be pleased to see snow, but by the words "worst snow storm" I take it I shouldn't be happy about it.

Mad Tony
20-01-07, 22:04
Me too! :D

Do you know where it's gonna hit?
Is it just up in Scotland as usual, or is it down near and around London as well?

Hyper_Crazy
20-01-07, 22:04
What areas in Britian?

Lew
20-01-07, 22:05
Me too! :D

Do you know where it's gonna hit?
Is it just up in Scotland as usual, or is it down near and around London as well?

Probably north where colder, London may get it I don't know though...

Me too weve had a snow day every year at secondary school its fun!

Night Crawler
20-01-07, 22:08
I'll believe it when I see it.

viper456
20-01-07, 22:28
YES!!! i love snow and i hate college. so its like the most perfect combo EVER :)

danitiwa
20-01-07, 22:33
You Lucky :cen: ! You might actually miss school! :yik:

Ampersand
20-01-07, 22:46
I hope we get some. =/

Mind you, the British are so unused to extremes of weather that as soon as you get a light sprinkling of snow it's gridlock, schools shut down, predictions of the apocalypse and so on. And we've hardly ever had a REAL snow storm.

Psyched
20-01-07, 22:47
If the aftermath is lots of lush snow to wallow in, then I'm prepared to suffer the storm.

Punaxe
20-01-07, 23:03
Allow me to show you the view from my room again, just a few days ago :D

http://files.noctifer.net/storm.wmv

Worst I've seen here :yik:

BlackGrey
20-01-07, 23:22
Probably north where colder...

:jmp: Northwest please!

I hope we get some. =/

Mind you, the British are so unused to extremes of weather that as soon as you get a light sprinkling of snow it's gridlock, schools shut down, predictions of the apocalypse and so on. And we've hardly ever had a REAL snow storm.

I'll glady spend that last of my days, rolling in snow like a retard! :D

scion05
20-01-07, 23:25
oooo i live in northwest england, where abouts u from ? :D

Lew
20-01-07, 23:26
Same here!

-DEBUG
20-01-07, 23:28
YES!!! i love snow and i hate college. so its like the most perfect combo EVER :)

:vlol: same here with school, I hope we get some :jmp:

BlackGrey
20-01-07, 23:28
oooo i live in northwest england, where abouts u from ? :D

PM'd ;)

Lew
20-01-07, 23:30
PM'd ;)

Bout to say... dont tell the whole world! And don't you say mine either! I know where you live haha!

BlackGrey
20-01-07, 23:32
Bout to say... dont tell the whole world! And don't you say mine either! I know where you live haha!

S...Suffolk :jmp:

Jamstone
20-01-07, 23:55
I hope we get some. =/

Spot on :D It always amazes me how every year when it snows the whole country goes into chaos mode.

I'm expecting some sleet tomorrow on the North Yorkshire coast.

lita212
21-01-07, 01:00
i remember bout 9 or 10 years ago in dover the snow was horrendouse it was so high people couldnt get outside without having all this snow fall through the doors it was so ace we got to miss school and everything. now the snow is crap its not even snow anymore lol its more like white rain.

Lara Croft!
21-01-07, 01:42
My boyfriend's ex girlfriend is studying in London...Will the storm affect her as well?I sure hope so!:D

interstellardave
21-01-07, 03:57
One time several years ago we had a blizzard that dumped 2 feet of snow on us... 4 days later a 2nd blizzard came in that dumped another almost 2 feet on us! The snow drifts were amazingly high (for where I live, anyway)! LOL, I made it to work only 1 day that week--the day before the 2nd blizzard hit!

Lara'sLover
21-01-07, 19:52
I hope we get some. =/

hey, in a way thats kinda racist, that diesn't happen, coz hte last time i had snow it was nightime anyway, either that or people are at school

Mad Tony
21-01-07, 19:54
hey, in a way thats kinda racist, that diesn't happen, coz hte last time i had snow it was nightime anyway, either that or people are at school
How is that racist!? :confused:
I'm British, but I'm not offended.
It was meant in a jokey kind of way. ;)
It's like everything today is classed as racist.

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 19:55
Ugh...here in the U.S. (Indiana for me) we just got a foot over night!

Lew
21-01-07, 19:55
Well if we said that about the AHEMS! then it would be classed as racist, same if you ran them over by accident they'd call you racist if they ran you over it wouldn't be.

Mad Tony
21-01-07, 19:57
Well if we said that about the AHEMS! then it would be classed as racist, same if you ran them over by accident they'd call you racist if they ran you over it wouldn't be.
I think I know who you're talking about, but I can't be sure.
Can you PM me please? :)

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 19:58
I agree!

Greenkey2
21-01-07, 20:00
I hope we get some. =/

That is very true.

I'd better start knitting the cats some woolley jumpers ;)

EDIT: Oh, and can we keep this on topic and not start an arguement over what constitutes racism or not? It was NOT a racist statement, and this is not the place to discuss it. We've had too much of this from Big Brother already this week thank you.

FireStorm
21-01-07, 20:07
Yassssssssss! :p

:D :D :D

Ampersand
21-01-07, 20:11

*is British, for the record*

I've never, ever seen really heavy snow in our part of the UK...though in 1995 or 6 it was pretty bad - I've seen photos of our back garden completely snowed under, but I can't remember that at all. I wish I could. *headdesk*

I hope we get some, but I doubt we will. Probably just rain, and I don't think it's fun rolling around in that. :pi:

Greenkey2
21-01-07, 20:15
The last really heavy snow I remember was in 1992, when we got snowed in for three days without electricity or water.

Thankfully we still had gas, and spent most the time in the kitchen with the hob going to keep warm and a heavy blanket over the door :p.

Mad Tony
21-01-07, 20:19
All you guys seem to be telling tales of terrible snow storms way back when, as the titles suggests, Britain's worst snow storm is on it's way.
Do we really think that this snow storm will be even worse than all the others?

Lew
21-01-07, 20:21
I hope so but hey! No school :)

Mad Tony
21-01-07, 20:22
I hope so but hey! No school :)
Yeah. :D
If this snow storm really is the worst, we can probably expect something like no school for a week.

Greenkey2
21-01-07, 20:22
To be bad, a snow storm would have to keep going for four days solid; stopping only when it has covered the cars, and not melt for two whole weeks at the least.

All we seem to get these days is a light sprinkle that melts within three days but makes the weather presentors quake in their shoes and cause gridlock :rolleyes:

Chug a Bug
21-01-07, 20:24
I read in a newspaper than its on its way, and with the weather we're having i'm not surprised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6279769.stm

Where? That news report just said that it will be turning a bit colder than it has been (good job too, it's been far too warm recently) with some snow on northern hills, nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year. Hardly the worst storm ever.

Lew
21-01-07, 20:27
Where? That news report just said that it will be turning a bit colder than it has been (good job too, it's been far too warm recently) with some snow on northern hills, nothing out of the ordinary for this time of year. Hardly the worst storm ever.

No that was just saying that it was on its way after all this big wind stuff, here comes the snow.

Ampersand
21-01-07, 20:30
All you guys seem to be telling tales of terrible snow storms way back when, as the titles suggests, Britain's worst snow storm is on it's way.
Do we really think that this snow storm will be even worse than all the others?

I don't think it will be. The weather forecasters are always going on about 'THE WORST EVER', and it never turns out to be. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/confuse.gif

'It's the worst rain since [insert date of your choice here]!'
'It's the coldest winter we've ever seen, disregarding the years when global warming wasn't quite so bad!'

Lew
21-01-07, 20:31
I don't think it will be. The weather forecasters are always going on about 'THE WORST EVER', and it never turns out to be. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/AmpersandTR/daEmotes/confuse.gif

'It's the worst rain since [insert date of your choice here]!'
'It's the coldest winter we've ever seen, disregarding the years when global warming wasn't quite so bad!'

People say that we're just coming outta an Ice Age not Global Warming hmmm :Whi: wonder which is right...

Chug a Bug
21-01-07, 20:42
The last really heavy snow I remember was in 1992, when we got snowed in for three days without electricity or water.

Thankfully we still had gas, and spent most the time in the kitchen with the hob going to keep warm and a heavy blanket over the door :p.

The last heavy snow storm we had was 20 years ago! We havn't had any snow at all for 6 years at least.

No that was just saying that it was on its way after all this big wind stuff, here comes the snow.

Quote: "UK-wide cold snap on Monday", "Snow is expected on higher ground in Scotland and northern England, with temperatures dipping sharply across the UK."

Now, again, where is this "worst storm?"