PDA

View Full Version : Spread The Tomb Raider Love! Together, We Can Make A Difference!

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 00:55
Before you post, I ask that you please read the entire thread topic and not bits and pieces.

I've been working, for several months now, on spreading the Tomb Raider love! I've been introducing it to friends, neighbors, and even strangers. I want to make sure that the series NEVER goes downhill. What I want every person to try and do is buy a copy of your favorite Tomb Raider, used or new, and give it to a friend. They really don't cost that much. I recently tried this and my best friend was an instant fan! He even said, "I've been missing out!" So, that's +1 Tomb Raider fan!

Also, I want to ask each and every one of you to sign this "Continue AOD Petition"! Here's the link: http://www.petitiononline.com/aodtri/petition.html! What some people don't realize is that many of us want them also continue the Legend series. They won't dump it, they'd just make both! :D Together, we can all make a difference in the Tomb Raider community!

Ikas90
21-01-07, 00:59
I've already signed that Petition.

tombraiderluka
21-01-07, 01:11
I signed it now :jmp:

Lara Croft!
21-01-07, 01:12
I have signed the petition as well and a few days ago I gave my boyfriend my TRII game for Pc,so that's +1 fan!

I like your attitude over this AA!

Let's all help spread the TR LOVE!!!!

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 01:12
I signed it now :jmp:
Good! :tmb: Every person makes a difference! Remember that! :D Thanx!

laralives
21-01-07, 01:13
I am spreading!!! :jmp:

And I too have already signed it!!! :D

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 01:18
We must keep up the Tomb Raider spirit people! Get a friend to sign the petition even! :D Do whatever you can!!!

the hooliganz
21-01-07, 01:18
i have signed that petition, i'm going to try spreading it

Lara Croft!
21-01-07, 01:19
Hopefully AOD haters won't start ruining this thread....

tombraiderluka
21-01-07, 01:23
Hopefully AOD haters won't start ruining this thread....
Well I liked Legend more,but I didn't hate AOD,It still is and it'll always be a TR Game,and it wasn't bad at all,so I say,what the hell,we need to know what happened next :D

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 01:25
Can you really deny such a beautiful game?

http://bonusweb.idnes.cz/obrazek/trangelwal03m.jpghttp://www2.onspiele.t-online.de/dyn/c/04/22/44/422446,tid=d.jpghttp://www.gon.se/media/tomb_raider_angel_of_darkness/tomb_raider_angel_of_darkness_h_6.jpghttp://www.solodemos.com/juegos/videos/t/tomb_rider_the_angel_of_darkness5b.jpghttp://www.gamevortex.com/teamps2/ss_tr_angelofdarkness1.jpg

Sign it people!!! Sign!!! Sign!!!

tombraiderluka
21-01-07, 01:28
Can you really deny such a beautiful game?
http://www2.onspiele.t-online.de/dyn/c/04/22/44/422446,tid=d.jpghttp://www.gon.se/media/tomb_raider_angel_of_darkness/tomb_raider_angel_of_darkness_h_6.jpghttp://www.solodemos.com/juegos/videos/t/tomb_rider_the_angel_of_darkness5b.jpg
Sign it people!!! Sign!!! Sign!!!
lol XD

wantafanta
21-01-07, 01:31
I even installed AOD on my friend's computer and I don't think he has ever looked at it. Some people are hopeless!

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 01:32
I just got my brother to sign it!!! :D It's his favorite in the series, so he was excited to!

tombraiderluka
21-01-07, 01:37
I just got my brother to sign it!!! :D It's his favorite in the series, so he was excited to!
Well I'll get two of my friends to sign tommorow,ok ? :D

Terminatorvs
21-01-07, 08:17
Does that mean I have to forget about the copy of Legend that my coursemate hasn't returned yet?

Rivendell
21-01-07, 08:20
Heyy AA, what a good idea for a thread :)

NightWish
21-01-07, 08:25
YEAH! PLS PEOPLE! Help the cause! :tmb:

Terminatorvs, we dont what to erase Legend (kinda) If thats what u mean. We wouldnt mind idf the continuation i sinthe sahpe of a book... or mybe a looong unlockable FMV u can see (maybe in chapters)while playing Legend2... This would be cool

Little-Lara
21-01-07, 09:27
I like u'r point AmericanAssasin. Don't visuals just make a stronger point?:D

Anubis_AF
21-01-07, 09:34
So you're basically advertising your petition? Even though there is a dedicated thread to it? :)

Kamrusepas
21-01-07, 09:36
So you're basically advertising your petition?

It's not his petition, it was created way before AA signed up on the forums.

NightWish
21-01-07, 09:37
So you're basically advertising your petition? Even though there is a dedicated thread to it? :)

Please anubis dont close this thread. We are doing this because more people visit the chat section then the aod section. Just imagine how many people havent seen the petition! We have to try everything to gather more signatures! :)

Kam I think that by "your" he means it as plural ;)

Anubis_AF
21-01-07, 09:59
Any progress so far? :)

NightWish
21-01-07, 10:02
Any progress so far? :)

YEP! 896 now!!! just 4 more to 900 and 104 to a thausand :D C'mon people!

Anubis_AF
21-01-07, 10:03
None of you thought of signing twice? :whi:

NightWish
21-01-07, 10:08
None of you thought of signing twice? :whi:

:mis: Maybe we did, who knows :whi:

Legends
21-01-07, 10:12
:mis: Maybe we did, who knows :whi:
Then you're just fooling yourselves.

george_croft
21-01-07, 10:15
I've got my friends to play all the TR games! But when I tried to get them to play AOD, they couldn't stop laughing at Lara's voice, so nobody played further than the tutorial level:o
________

Anyway, I signed the petition a long time ago:wve:

xcrushterx
21-01-07, 10:17
i signed years ago.
Why are there 2 threads dedicated to this petition :rolleyes::mis:

NightWish
21-01-07, 10:17
I've got my friends to play all the TR games! But when I tried to get them to play AOD, they couldn't stop laughing at Lara's voice, so nobody played further than the tutorial level:o
________

Anyway, I signed the petition a long time ago:wve:

Why laughing at her voice? What? she talked too fast? Thats a bug

george_croft
21-01-07, 10:31
Why laughing at her voice? What? she talked too fast? Thats a bug

Nah, just the fact that she sounds like a man, and her silly screams and Aaoaah:rolleyes: :D

NightWish
21-01-07, 10:33
Nah, just the fact that she sounds like a man, and her silly screams and Aaoaah:rolleyes: :D

I think Jonell had the most feminine vioce from all of the voice actresess....Your friends r weird...

Greenkey2
21-01-07, 11:43
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/240.gif"Spread the TR love!"http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/240.gif

Look I know that someone created a Flower Power outfit in the Legend modding thread, but...:rolleyes: :p

Sounds like a great idea :D

star girl
21-01-07, 12:45
Ha! I'm already the germ, American Assassin, I've introduced my friends + cousins to the game! My cousins are now crazy after it! :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 14:52
I've heard a lot about the petition. Yes, I want each and every visitor of this thread to sign it, but PLEASE read the rest of my first post. There's more to this thread than that! :D

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 16:14
To be honest, I thought that people would be more enthusiastic about this!!! Come on! Everybody needs to make sure everybody else knows about this!!! Imagine! Today TR has sold 30 million all together. If we could double our fans, we'd break records!!!
SPREAD THE LOVE!

Lavinder
21-01-07, 17:27
Even if you hate the game at least give us a chance!

Evilkipje
21-01-07, 17:31
If we could double our fans, we'd break records!!!

lmao! that's the funniest 'if' i ever heard XD
anyway, i already got 3 people back into tomb raider just by letting them know about the remake. all 3 of them kinda forgot about TR, but went all enthousiastic when they heard about a remake of TR :D

the fans from 1996 that forgot about TR might be a very good target audience, to aim the commercials and promotion at.

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 18:28
lmao! that's the funniest 'if' i ever heard XD
anyway, i already got 3 people back into tomb raider just by letting them know about the remake. all 3 of them kinda forgot about TR, but went all enthousiastic when they heard about a remake of TR :D

the fans from 1996 that forgot about TR might be a very good target audience, to aim the commercials and promotion at.
Then, we have got to hit them hard with the Tomb Raider info! And, thanks for helping! :tmb:

Everybody needs to post a long blog, including pictures, about the Tomb Raider series on every forum they are part of! Make sure to include the "AOD Continuation" link at the top of this page! :D

tr_mitch
21-01-07, 18:31
Realistically i really don't see this making a difference, But i guess you never know.

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 18:32
Realistically i really don't see this making a difference, But i guess you never know.

We can try. Even if we can't get AOD to continue, at least we can try and get a larger fanbase! :D

tr_mitch
21-01-07, 18:34
We can try. Even if we can't get AOD to continue, at least we can try and get a larger fanbase! :D

Sure you can try, and all the luck in the world to you.
But i won't sign because i personally though AOD really sucked.

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 18:52
Sure you can try, and all the luck in the world to you.
But i won't sign because i personally though AOD really sucked.
I'm a bigger Legend fan myself, to be honest, but AOD was great too! I know that MOST of the Tomb Raider community would be happy to find out what happened after AOD. Aren't you the least bit curious what happened? Even if they don't make a game, they could release a book or something! PLEASE sign and show your love and support of the Tomb Raider series!!! PLEASE HELP!!! :D

Trigger_happy
21-01-07, 18:55
i sort of converted a friend. He used to hate Tr with a passion, but he played TRL with me and now quite likes TR. He wount go out and buy the games, but he doesnt hate it anymore.

tr_mitch
21-01-07, 18:55
I'm a bigger Legend fan myself, to be honest, but AOD was great too! I know that MOST of the Tomb Raider community would be happy to find out what happened after AOD. Aren't you the least bit curious what happened?

Can't say i'd care.
AOD ended with Lara strutting off.... end of game :)

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 18:57
Can't say i'd care.
AOD ended with Lara strutting off.... end of game :)
:( You make me sad... :(

Cheers to all of you who DO give a damn! SPREAD THE LOVE! (I sound like a hippie!)

MiCkiZ88
21-01-07, 19:07
Cheers to all of you who DO give a damn! SPREAD THE LOVE! (I sound like a hippie!)

you do sound like a hippie :ton:

I've already signed that petition, but perhaps I can get my mom to sign it aswell xD Since she's the only one I can convince to sign it. MY 'friends' dont give a **** about my opinions nor about my game taste so it's a bit hard trying to convince them to sign that petition :vlol:

tr_mitch
21-01-07, 19:08
:( You make me sad... :(

:cool:

NightWish
21-01-07, 19:29
:cool:

Its true U make me sad too -its umpossible not to be at least a little curious!

And thanks to everyone who is helping! :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 23:27
Yeah thanx! And spread the know about this thread to others if you can! :D

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 19:48
Hello...people!!! Do any of you care about Tomb Raider at all? I honestly thought that everybody in these forums had love for the game and could at least comment on this topic!!!

Roddy100
22-01-07, 20:06
We all care about Tomb Raider - why else would we be here?

But to be honest, I thought AoD was an abysmal failure and thus I don't want Crystal Dynamics spending their precious time continuing that series when they could spend it more wisely making bigger and better FRESH Tomb Raider games.

In terms of converting people into Tomb Raider addicts? I know that there are many people that have become fans over the last decade after I've shown them my games but an actual fact, as much as I admire what you're doing with this thread, AmericanAssassin, Tomb Raider is one of the world's biggest gaming franchises and Lara isn't in any danger of disappearing just yet.

But I'm posting here and spreading the love nonetheless :)

DMC
22-01-07, 20:20
Meh.............Sure,why not......I signed...

Angelus
22-01-07, 20:37
I'm glad that you're trying to spread the frnachise around, but I highly doubt we'll see a conclusion to AoD.

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 20:40
I'm glad that you're trying to spread the frnachise around, but I highly doubt we'll see a conclusion to AoD.
We can very well TRY! :D

Angelus
22-01-07, 20:41
We can very well TRY! :D

Yeah, I guess so. :) You're a very, very positive person, aren't you? :p

Rivendell
22-01-07, 20:43
That petition has come along very nicely in the last few days thanks to your efforts AA :) Well done :tmb:

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 20:49
I just got my copy of Xbox 360 Legend for my friend in the mail! I'm spreading the love!

Thanx Rivendell! :D

AmericanAssassin
23-01-07, 02:37
:mad: Since nobody seems fond of the AOD petition (which is rediculous), at least read the first paragraph on the first post! It has NOTHING to do with it!

Raziel66
23-01-07, 05:15
I wanted to sign to the petition....
..but AOD fans,the'r posting *Legend is stupid* threads....

cbragg09
23-01-07, 09:35
I signed the petition, and I bought my friend the TR Trilogy and he was an INSTANT fan, and the third Tomb Raider is his favorite now. He's also keeping an eye out for Anniversary! ;) :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
23-01-07, 17:17
I wanted to sign to the petition....
..but AOD fans,the'r posting *Legend is stupid* threads....
I am an AOD fan. However, I am also a Legend fan. I love it and I want the entire series to continue, AOD2 and Legend2! PLEASE sign the petition!!! :D

Laramania
23-01-07, 17:28
I signed it now!!! :D

NightWish
23-01-07, 17:37
Thank u alla :hug: The petition is going pretty well since this thread :)

evanescence69
24-01-07, 06:10
I have signed the pettition since a long time ago :)

AmericanAssassin
25-01-07, 17:18
I signed the petition, and I bought my friend the TR Trilogy and he was an INSTANT fan, and the third Tomb Raider is his favorite now. He's also keeping an eye out for Anniversary! ;) :jmp:
That's great! :tmb:

Shark_Blade
26-01-07, 01:39
I like the idea 'spread the love of tr':D
I introduce Legend to my friend and he like it too, but when I let my little sister play Legend she dislike it saying it's too easy lol

so that's +1,-1 tr lover

and last time I visit my granma, my cousins watch me play tr4. I let them have a go, they like it(their fave level is the desert railroad) :D

AmericanAssassin
26-01-07, 02:11
At least you got a new fan. If your sister didn't play it before then it's not -1. It's just a failed attempt. +1 is all that matters! :tmb: Thanx for getting us a fan! :D

AmericanAssassin
26-01-07, 20:31
I have signed the pettition since a long time ago :)

:tmb:

Rivendell
26-01-07, 20:51
I remember when I was little and my gran was still alive, sitting on her lap and helping her play TR! :) It was funny because all she could manage to do was run Lara in a straight line and hold the circle button down so she kept doing 180 flips :D

george_croft
26-01-07, 21:32
I remember when I was little and my gran was still alive, sitting on her lap and helping her play TR! :) It was funny because all she could manage to do was run Lara in a straight line and hold the circle button down so she kept doing 180 flips :D

Aww, that's a cute story:D

I tried to get my mom to play tr, but she'd rather like to play The Simpsons Hit And run:p
She loves that game:D

Angelus
26-01-07, 21:44
My six year old brother likes TR now. He's been playing Legend all day! :D I tried to get my Mum to play TR I, but a wolf jumped out at her and she won't play it anymore! :vlol:

AmericanAssassin
26-01-07, 22:10
That story makes me happy! :D