PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst/Embarrasing TR Moments.

in these arms
21-01-07, 09:39
This thread is about....(Title explains it).

Have you saved it at the wrong place?
Have you Saved it where you can never get out of?
Have you saved it where, when you load it your in a dying matter and cannot get out of it?

Tell us your Worst or Embarrasing Moment on TR here!

scion05
21-01-07, 09:41
Whenever i press load and not save, or the other way around >.>

NightWish
21-01-07, 09:43
My worts TR moment was watching the movies :rolleyes:

deepbluesea
21-01-07, 09:44
Saving as she dies oops have to go back a whole level!!!

Mad Tony
21-01-07, 09:46
Playing Legend.

Ada the Mental
21-01-07, 09:47
:vlol:^
Saving while on fire.:o :D
And getting killed 9,999,999,999 times by Brother Obscura!

Kamrusepas
21-01-07, 09:48
Have you saved it where, when you load it your in a dying matter and cannot get out of it?
Yes, yes and yes.

Ikas90
21-01-07, 09:53
I once made a save just for fun, when I swan dived off a roof, and just before I hit the ground, I saved it... and I didn't realise that I saved over my game, so I had to restart the level :o

Also, I once made a save in the Tibetan foothills, where I was driving the snowmobile, and I saved it right at the edge of a cliff. Then I went over and exploded at the bottom. When I reload, I go back to the point where the snowmobile is rolling over the edge. I tried reversing... didn't work. Had to restart :o

Anubis_AF
21-01-07, 10:02
Not being able to complete the Angkor Wat level for quite some time:whi:

george_croft
21-01-07, 10:04
The quick save in TR 2 got me in a lot of trouble :p
When in "Bartoli's Hideout", I made a swan dive from the little bridge and pressed save instead of load:o
But thank god the game was fun, so I didn't have any problems playing it from the start again:D:jmp:

EDIT: And oh yes, one more thing: playing with Kurtis, kurtis in cutscenes, Lara interacting with Kurtis, Kurtis Talking etc.

jarhead
21-01-07, 10:04
Spending an hour figuring out how to use the switch on that level.

xcrushterx
21-01-07, 10:05
when i saved whilst lara was sliding down a slope to her death (tomb of ancients) and in Ankor wat it took me 20 mins to get past that rope jump:whi:

Alive_and_Funky
21-01-07, 10:11
I kept on missing a jump in Palace Midas. The thing was, I'd have to reload my save crystal which was very, very far away from the jump. Then I'd finally end up getting to the jump and then I'd miss it again. :hea:

Another annoying moment was one time when I was complaining to myself about there not being any save crystals in the Great Wall of China level. A few weeks after I played the level I found out TR2 has a save anywhere feature.
There is a good part to this one though. I got to spend a lot of time on my favourite level in a Tomb Raider game (out of the games I've played). :D

Legends
21-01-07, 10:14
Saving as she dies oops have to go back a whole level!!!
I hate that! I've done that too many times..

danitiwa
21-01-07, 10:28
Saved over a the place I last saved while falling off a london house in TR3. :whi:

Lara Croft!
21-01-07, 10:28

YES TO ALL!!!!!LOL!!!!:D :D :D :D

Tomb Raider Master
21-01-07, 11:00
When I screw up in TR, I always screw up in the same ways. For example, I either save instead of load, constantly fail/die on some obstacle/task or I'm not able to see something so obvious that'll make me say "Doh!" when I notice it. :whi:

Thorir
21-01-07, 11:06
Running off cliffs. And I´ve accidentely saved instead of loading sometimes, too. :p

Geck-o-Lizard
21-01-07, 11:06
The race against Von Croy in the training level in TR:TLR is the most embarrassing bit of TR for me. I always run into walls, fall down giant holes, hit doorframes instead of going through the doors... I think Von Croy laughs at me each time.

jjbennett
21-01-07, 11:16
Most embarassing bit, playing TR4 when a lot younger and the mummies driving me to tears!

J.

Lavinder
21-01-07, 11:20
In AOD I had spent about 2 hours trying to get the painting thing off the ghost and I got so exited that instead of saving I loaded on accident :o

Laras Backpack
21-01-07, 11:47

Yes, yes and yes. :D I was playing TR2's Temple of Xian level in the early hours of the morning one day. Lara slid down a ramp in the area with the large dragon statue and was hanging precariously over the lava pit. There was no way for her to get out of it as climbing up would mean sliding down again. So I brought up the inventory and went to re-load my game. But I must have clicked 'save game' insted. :( I had to start the level all over again.

star girl
21-01-07, 12:50
One was spending 100 rounds on Brother Obscura, then after I got the painting, I though "Hey, he stopped like that six times before too ! :o"

Another one when I forgot to save when I got through the gate in "the lost domain" then I died 6 seconds later.. :)

danitiwa
21-01-07, 13:04
I hated bro ob too, I had the problem that I didn't know when he was stunned and when he wasn't. :vlol: So I just kept shooting at him lmao.

in these arms
21-01-07, 14:00
I don't really have any moments.

It's just that I can't do a part on a level, then ending ripping my room apart and throwing my PS2 out the window.

Chug a Bug
21-01-07, 14:21
Most embarressing moment: playing AOD on the PS2. Controls don't work, too many bugs.

Worst moment: watching the movies.

Trigger_happy
21-01-07, 15:42
I was playing TR2 with my friend, who annoyingly is good at every gma,e including TR and we were in venice. I climbed to the top of the building and jumped onto the wooden bit at the top. To my horror, a bacon man appeared, so i back-flipped away from him, off the wood and onto the floor, with a crunch.

Another time my frind was playing the same level. We shot out the window and jumped through. the men and dogs attacked, so we thought "we'll climb onto those boxes, the men cant climb!" But they can, so we ran back through the level and jumped across the water at the strt and spent 10 minutes shooting them as they walked past!

vavavant
21-01-07, 15:51
Always cracks up when a enemi comes and Spooky Music comes! AH!!!!:( :(