PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop How to..

clexy
21-01-07, 13:51
How do I recolor something faultless in Photoshop? I looked at the Photoshop help centre and tryed to do that , but I have no idea still.
How do I remove the background and get only the image figure?
Basically how do I make/ edit pics like most people already know how to do.

Example: Recolored Lara , like it was released that way.

I have used Ulead Photoimpact 11 and IfranView and I do understand the filters and some more but all others are mystery in Photoshop.
Dont aswer if you dont know what I ment. And dont tell me to use the help centre , its confusing.
And yes I already hear someone laughing how easy it is.

I have : Adobe Photoshop CS2 version 9.0

Tomb Raider Master
21-01-07, 14:03
You can remove the background by selecting it with magic wand or lasso tool and deleting it. About coloring, maybe you could try selecting a part you wish (again with the already mentioned tools) and adjust color balance or color/gradient overlay under "Layer Options".

Geck-o-Lizard
21-01-07, 14:32
How do I recolor something faultless in Photoshop? I looked at the Photoshop help centre and tryed to do that , but I have no idea still.

Press CTRL+U to get the hue/saturation window. Adjust the hue slider til it looks good.

How do I remove the background and get only the image figure?

Choose the Freehand Lasso tool and select the outline of the figure. If the figure is against a plain or simple background, try using the Magnetic Lasso tool, as that will automatically clip to the edges of the thing you're selecting. Once it's selected, press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer, then delete the first layer.

Basically how do I make/ edit pics like most people already know how to do.

With practise. :)

Lavinder
21-01-07, 14:38
Here is my mini help thing. And of course you can change the options to suit your needs ;)

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5299/untitled24py.png

clexy
21-01-07, 15:05
Magnetic Lasso tool is overlapping the lines, and the brush thingie i have trouble finding the color replacement tool.( I saw it something at image > Adjustments)

EDIT: I used the magnetic lasso and my other lasso dissapeared.

EDIT: Whats with the Magic wand tool? says its "could not use the target is a fill layer?". Oops lol, got it to work again.

Thanks for the tips.

Chug a Bug
21-01-07, 15:16
Magnetic Lasso tool is overlapping the lines, and the brush thingie i have trouble finding the color replacement tool.( I saw it something at image > Adjustments)

There are different selection tools, and none of them are perfect. Switch to Quick Mask to clean up. The color replacement tool is in the Toolbox, you can see it in Lavinder's pictures.

clexy
21-01-07, 16:58
Here is my mini help thing. And of course you can change the options to suit your needs ;)

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/5299/untitled24py.png

Thanks a lot, finaly find those things! Thanks for everyones help, im getting my clues now.

Geck-o-Lizard
21-01-07, 17:05
EDIT: I used the magnetic lasso and my other lasso dissapeared.

Press & hold the SHIFT key when making selections you want to add to the currently selected area. If you mess up a bit, press and hold the ALT key and trace round the selected area you want to deselect.

clexy
21-01-07, 17:28
Press & hold the SHIFT key when making selections you want to add to the currently selected area. If you mess up a bit, press and hold the ALT key and trace round the selected area you want to deselect.

Thanks got it back.