PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been a Tomb Raider?

vavavant
21-01-07, 16:28
Hello,

That may sounds weird but, have you ever been a Tomb Raider? I mean, did you ever copyed Lara Croft? I already copyed her, even if I am a boy. And when I said copyed it means like jump like her, imitate her...

Soo...did you ever copyed Lara Croft?

*~.:Vʎvʎvʎnt:.~*

tombraiderluka
21-01-07, 16:30
erm...No,I didn't,but I have two silver pistols :)

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 16:32
When I was little, my brother and I would pretend to fight. I was Lara Croft (and I'm a guy, so that's a little odd...I know) and he was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Naturally, Lara (me) always came out victorious! :D

vavavant
21-01-07, 16:34
How funny it that!:jmp: Tell me more!!!:jmp:

george_croft
21-01-07, 16:34
I don't exactly dress up as her:rolleyes: :D
But Lara inspires me every day, in many different ways :)

Legend 4ever
21-01-07, 16:37
Of course I did! Jumping, doing side jumps, jumping beneath the gate of the garage while they are closing, and many more things like also organizing adventurous explorations to the near woods and mountains!

vavavant
21-01-07, 16:37
I like the way she talks; "If that is the phrase..."

Greenkey2
21-01-07, 16:49
I've dressed up as Lara for charity, and I suppose I have a certain Lara-ish turn of mind when it comes to determination etc (thought I'd probably not resort to shooting people who get in my way ;)).

Geck-o-Lizard
21-01-07, 16:51
Nope, can't say I have. :)

in these arms
21-01-07, 16:52
I've dressed up as Lara for charity, and I suppose I have a certain Lara-ish turn of mind when it comes to determination etc (thought I'd probably not resort to shooting people who get in my way ;)).

Not to mention a stunning Lara voice

NightWish
21-01-07, 16:52
I have - the talking, And I am seriously trying the physical stuff.....Buuuuuuut that part doesnt really work :mis:

Ampersand
21-01-07, 16:53
No, I haven't really. People who copy Lara too much disturb me. :pi:

Tomb Raider Master
21-01-07, 16:56
Yes, I have. :D I love/do most stuff Lara does too.

Hyper_Crazy
21-01-07, 16:57
I have her dual pistols.

BlackGrey
21-01-07, 17:02
I have her dual pistols.

Well I suggest you give them back :mad:

MiCkiZ88
21-01-07, 17:05
yes.. but but thank god I got past that phase.. Dual pistols, jumping like her, shimmying around our garage, saying ''hop'' etc.. totally embarassing :pi:

Jo269976
21-01-07, 17:05
Whe I was little I wanted to be an Archaeologist with two pistols, I wanted to go wander egypt finding priceless artifacts, ahh those were the days :D

Hyper_Crazy
21-01-07, 17:06
Well I suggest you give them back :mad:

:vlol: I gave them back after AoD :vlol:

danitiwa
21-01-07, 17:12
Oh God, when I was like two or three, I loved Lara Croft, ( I watched my uncle play a lot, he even let me play a bit sometimes, and when a scary moster came I was too scared to watch. lmao) I used to run around in the living room with my plastic cowboy pistols and bump into walls on purpouse and grunt like she does. :vlol: And then sometimes I'd go "no". (like when you try to insert a key into a keyhole and it doesn't work)

Bullethail
21-01-07, 17:13
Nah, can't say I have.

Hyper_Crazy
21-01-07, 17:14
And then sometimes I'd go "no". (like when you try to insert a key into a keyhole and it doesn't work)

How did you say it like TR1? I always thought she said it best in TR2

laracroft2122
21-01-07, 17:14
Somehow I naturarly make the "huh" sound when jumping, and that wasn't from Lara Croft (although some friends think I do)

That's it really.

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 17:17
I love rock climbing and visiting caves!!!

Hyper_Crazy
21-01-07, 17:21
Do you think its possible to do the 180 flip/roll ?

dox online
21-01-07, 17:23
Hello,

That may sounds weird but, have you ever been a Tomb Raider? I mean, did you ever copyed Lara Croft? I already copyed her, even if I am a boy. And when I said copyed it means like jump like her, imitate her...

Soo...did you ever copyed Lara Croft?

*~.:Vʎvʎvʎnt:.~*i know someone who used to put tights on his head

Rivendell
21-01-07, 17:24
Well, I made the FPS's and acted a bit Lara-ish in them :whi:

And I've also been to lots of archaeological sites, been in Egyptian temples and tombs, greek and italian ones too. :D

amitabha
21-01-07, 17:34
I'm a tomb raider at heart. ;)

AmericanAssassin
21-01-07, 17:46
I'm a tomb raider at heart. ;)
Ditto that! :tmb:

Night Crawler
21-01-07, 17:50
i know someone who used to put tights on his headWas that someone you? :whi:

Terminatorvs
21-01-07, 18:08
You mean grave-digging? No. Never did that.
OK. Just joking.
Hm. Well I have done some swan-dives on P. E. back when I was a school-boy. I also did the bullet-dodging (That looked more like Max Payne, but still, the move was there in TR5). And the forward-sumersaults. And the side-flips. That's, perhaps, it.

Kamrusepas
21-01-07, 18:09
I've never raided a tomb, no.

But I've done some Lara-ish stuff [I have an obsession with climbing].

dox online
21-01-07, 18:19
Was that someone you? :whi:
no a 6 year old

xcrushterx
21-01-07, 18:21
no a 6 year old
erm...:whi:
Yes i have. The result wasn't and still isn't pretty. Ever since...no:wve:

Rivendell
21-01-07, 18:22
^ Lol :D *Had to bite my tongue*

Oh dear Crushter, what did you break? ;)

xcrushterx
21-01-07, 18:23
^ Lol :D *Had to bite my tongue*

Oh dear Crushter, what did you break? ;)
well nothing... thank god, but i did hit my nose of something (nearly broke it) and there was blood everywere. I had to get stitches :yik: my nose has a horrible scar now:(

Rivendell
21-01-07, 18:25
Ouch!

That scar will forever remind you of Lara :D

xcrushterx
21-01-07, 18:26
Ouch!

That scar will forever remind you of Lara :D
hmph... well it did put me off TR for a few weeks, but then i went :yik: and got my act together:whi:

Lara Croft!
21-01-07, 18:43
I used to when I was in 6th grade.I used to dress up like her and I raided tombs.Only the tomb was more like my house and an old storage room in the basement....It was fun though!:D

In high school when I went scuba diving with my brother,I always wore at my left foot a knife pocket my dad used to have as a diver in the past and pretened I was attacked and other lame but fun at that moment scenarios...:D

And finally,last summer that I went to Cambodia,I was alone (well my sis was 2 minutes away,but I told her to leave me alone...lol) in a big ancient temple and it really felt like being Lara....It was such a great moment.

da tomb raider!
21-01-07, 18:45
Nope, I don't think I've ever pretended to be Lara Croft. I've got Tomb Raider 1-6 for that. :D

Pablo.CT
21-01-07, 18:47
Im very Physicall. I do alot of excersising, Wieghts, running, ect.

I also do:
Kickboxing
Ju Jitsu
Karate
Rockclimbing.

But thats just me, I dont think Lara inspired me, although she does in many other ways :)

StUdEnT rAiDeR
21-01-07, 19:39
well, nope not really but when the the tomb raider Wii versio comes out (WHICH IT WILL!!!) :) we will all start jumping, shimmying and shooting liek lara mwuahahha! :)

BlackGrey
21-01-07, 20:15
I've never raided a tomb, no.

But I've done some Lara-ish stuff [I have an obsession with climbing].

If you think like I do, you'd imagine Kam, clambering on roof tops and replying to shouting crowds below ''I have an obsession with climbing, now **** off before I loose my concentration''.

I've once been to a roman ampitheatre, adjacent to a dug up, small roman town. There where small tunnels, which you could commando crawl into :whi: If of course...

(a) No one was around
(b) You didn't mind confined spaces
(c) Mind huge italian ants crawling over your backside

Then there was metal walk ways that surrounded pits, sometimes the walkways would have gaps between one and the other. On either side there would be ladders to access the pits bellow but er... you could act like a complete retard and throw yourself across. In fact this year when I go to italy, I'll take me some photo's of my acrobatic stunts :vlol: If you can call them acrobatic! :D And finally you could climb up a small rockface at the back of the town, of an old bakers house, which me and my friend Donato would not recommend as your likely to fall off and end up with severe bruising :cln: And I did all this in.. not Lara style clothing... but Kurtis trent :D

FireStorm
21-01-07, 20:16
Running And Jumping Over Gaps And Onto Skinny Little Sticking-Out Platforms Hundreds Of Meters Above Spikes, Flames And Lava Etc.

:p :p :p

Ikas90
21-01-07, 22:23
Of course I do that stuff :D

I'm more of an Explorer than a Tomb Raider though, but I guess I kind of imitate Lara's moves, in a way.

I explore a lot of bush land, and I also explore the drainpipes that run throughout my city. Pretty dark and scary in there.

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 00:29
I try to make large jumps sometimes. LOL! :D I usually make it actually, but every once in a while I'll fall on my face!

Ikas90
22-01-07, 00:31
I try to make large jumps sometimes. LOL! :D I usually make it actually, but every once in a while I'll fall on my face!

Ouch! That happened to me once, when I jumped off a 5 metre high block... I landed on the concrete, slipped, and scarred myself :vlol:

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 00:41
Sometimes I even try jumps so large that I have to run and jump. I rarely make those. The sounds that result from that are similar to the crack and thud in the classics! :D I used to try and tight rope walk. I made it once, but one time I almost broke my neck. I haven't tried it since!

viper456
22-01-07, 00:56
i fell headfirst into a bush once when i was drunk and it was really hard to get back out! does that count? lmfao

Ikas90
22-01-07, 00:59
You think that's bad? My friend once fell headfirst into a bush of Stinging Nettle :yik:

viper456
22-01-07, 01:04
You think that's bad? My friend once fell headfirst into a bush of Stinging Nettle :yik:

lmao my female friend was REALLY desperate for the toilet and we were in the woods/forest and she tried to squat (being so very lady like) and sat on some nettles LMFAO

I just heard a scream from the bushes and birds flew away LMFAO

im in hysterics just thinking about it now ! lmfao

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 02:12
I did that once...not pretty.

Dav
22-01-07, 02:13

Yes it's called a "Barani". It's an intermediate trampolining move (for those who attend classes with a proper instruction and competition size trampolines, not advised for those who have a "toy" trampoline in the back garden!!) but is sometimes carried over onto advanced floor gymnastics (especially tumbling)........but you'd have to be pretty good! It's basically a half twisting front Somersault. (A somersault being what some people mistakenly refer to as a "flip", although a real "flip", a.k.a the "handspring", should involve both hands touching the floor as you go over - same reversed for a back somersault which most people mistakenly call a "backflip").

Apparently the Barani is named after Italian circus acrobat and tumbler Alfonso Baroni who "invented" it around 1881.

I used to coach gymnastics as an after-school job you see. ;)

ok......don't look at me like that.....it was much better than doing a paper-round!

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 02:14
It seems like it would be painful!

Legends
22-01-07, 02:33
I remmber when I was little I got my friend to dress up like Lara so I could kiss her :p

mizuno_suisei
22-01-07, 02:36
When I was little (No, not at my present age :whi: ) I used to GRUNT like lara, At the pool at the hotel im at now, there is like a metal ladder for the kiddies to climb and jump into the water, I was ladder climbing like lara and doing her "heh" sort of grunts xD And yes, I am male :p

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 02:47
I got my friend to dress up as Lara Croft too. I will not post the videos we made! They're a little odd.

BoyTRaider
22-01-07, 03:37
Well, I made the FPS's and acted a bit Lara-ish in them :whi:

And I've also been to lots of archaeological sites, been in Egyptian temples and tombs, greek and italian ones too. :D

NO FAIR! :D

I wanna go to Egyptian tombs so bad! :)

vespertea
22-01-07, 04:03
Yep!

Yuna´s Wish
22-01-07, 04:16
Of course, I picked some toy pistols and posed a bit:p
Sometime, it was raining a lot, and I had to get to a friend´s house. It was dark and there are some rottweilers and dobbermans behind the fences of factories in the way. I ran a lot that day, while making long jumps to avoid big puddles (as if they were rivers) while I pointed the dogs with my imaginary dual pistols. It was quite an adventure...I was even singing the TR1 song (including the chanting monks) :D

michaeldt
22-01-07, 05:45
well I use to dress up as her.

ivannnnn
22-01-07, 07:33
When i was child i always copied her :D..but now it's embarrasing ;)

I performed pistols style :D

Thorir
22-01-07, 10:44
Well, I´ve never stolen anything from historical sites, but... I have of course pretended to be Lara. :D

Climbing, jumping, gymnastics, running around with a softgun... :o

I felt a lot like movie-Lara escaping from the cave after killing Powell when I went hiking in the wintertime in -17 celcius and I strained my ankle and had to crawl/slide down to sivilization, hours away. :D

I was in Egypt and Hatchepsut´s temple, recently. And there wasn´t too many tourists and I was all alone in a part of the building, no guards or anything... And I was running around in a big room with beautiful colomns and hieroglyphics on the walls... It was fantastic!:jmp:

TR freak
22-01-07, 12:00
When I was little I always used to hang and shimmy off things like lara. I also had an obsession with lucozade because of the lara adverts.

Ada the Mental
22-01-07, 15:47
Well I got dressed up like her a couple of times and starting posing and pretending to shoot!:vlol:

And sometimes I try some physical stuff like climbing(when no one's around of course :whi:) but it doesn't seem to work!:p

I also wanted to be an archaeologists.Not really because of Lara.In fact her being one was a thing that made me instantly like her.I've always had a mania for ancient times and mythology.My career plans changed,though,when I found out that about 46% of Archaeology graduates are unemployed.:hea: Anyway,I could always take up archaeology as a hobby!:)

Phlip
22-01-07, 15:48
I always copyed her, with loads of stuff when I was younger.

domina
22-01-07, 15:51
I was going to do a photoshoot as Lara with a friend, but our plans fell through. But other than that... I dunno. I've been hiking and caving and things of that nature which are TR-esque, but that would probably be it.

MiCkiZ88
22-01-07, 15:54
I was in Egypt and Hatchepsut´s temple, recently. And there wasn´t too many tourists and I was all alone in a part of the building, no guards or anything... And I was running around in a big room with beautiful colomns and hieroglyphics on the walls... It was fantastic!:jmp:

I so badly wanted to run around the temples and tombs in egypt.. but I just did have to visit them during rush hour :hea:

I did jump in karnak temple though.. you had to jump if you wanted to get over to the sacred lake area :D it was fun and I imitated Lara :vlol:

Rivendell
22-01-07, 16:04
You're lucky Thorir! When I was in Hatshepsut's temple, I nearly passed out from heatstroke! I can just remember a long walk from the bus, a huge flight of stairs, hardly Any shade, and a courtyard of columns with heiro's on the wall, and pictures with their noses rubbed off :D

(Not my picture) - See the triangle of shade? That's where I stumbled to a halt shortly before nearly passing out!
http://www.nileriver.com/nile/images/hatshepsut3.jpg

Ada the Mental
22-01-07, 16:12
^Whaaaaa!I've never been to Egypt!:(
(Actually I've never been anywhere abroad...)

MiCkiZ88
22-01-07, 16:33
@rivendel.. You were there too? When were you there. I was during the winter time so it wasnt that hot. But it still was hotter in the valley and the sand reflected the sun shine so it made it even worse. I didnt have anything covering my head except my think hair :p but I had lots of water with me so it helped. I have few pictures from Hatshepsut's temple and from valley of the kings. Did you see the pyramid shaped mountain there?

star girl
22-01-07, 17:59
I've never dressed up as her, but sure a few phrases, styles and other stuff like that I've copied...

*AOD style vault* ^.^

Thorir
22-01-07, 18:31
I so badly wanted to run around the temples and tombs in egypt.. but I just did have to visit them during rush hour :hea:

I did jump in karnak temple though.. you had to jump if you wanted to get over to the sacred lake area :D it was fun and I imitated Lara :vlol:

I didn´t have much time in Karnak, the local guide used 75% of our time there to explain a single statue. :mad:

You're lucky Thorir! When I was in Hatshepsut's temple, I nearly passed out from heatstroke! I can just remember a long walk from the bus, a huge flight of stairs, hardly Any shade, and a courtyard of columns with heiro's on the wall, and pictures with their noses rubbed off :D

Were you there in the summer? :D
I hear it can become 55 celcius in the SHADE in the summer in Valley of the Kings. That would be uncomfortably hot. It was around 30 when I was there. Bad thing was, that it was illegal to take pictures inside of tombs, because the flash ruins the paint on the walls. Not even mobilephone cameras were allowed. :( But I took plenty at Hatchemsut´s temple. :D

My pics.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/629/bilde1170an.jpg

I should have jumped over the rope that blocked us from entering that room, it looked very mysterious and dark, as apposed to the other open area... :cln:
http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/1322/bilde1045ig.th.jpg (http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bilde1045ig.jpg)

The mountains in the background were actually almost as stunning as the temple.

Rivendell
22-01-07, 18:58
I went there in October 2002 (I think) - If I can find the pics, I'll scan a few! :D
It was unbelievably hot - sweating visibly even in the shade, trying to drench myself every 10 minutes, and drying up really fast.

Karnak temple is one of the most stunning places I've been to, got some cool pictures there. (I think I may actually have worn a TR tshirt that day ;) ) Went to a 'sound and light show' at night there before visiting the place in daylight, and the temple in sillhouette is one heck of a sight.

DMC
22-01-07, 19:13
Well I never imitated her,or dressed up as her,but her adventures inspire me to go to different countries,and explore different civilisations.Which is kinda like Tomb Raiding.I'd like to be a archeologist like her or Indiana Jones(without the whip,or the blue tanktop(or braid for that matter)though I wouldn't mind the guns....).;)

Rivendell
23-01-07, 21:19
Well, I searched for my Egypt pics, but can't find them anywhere! :(

However, I did find other archaeological places - among all the pics of ruins and greek temples, I did find the following which felt very TRish:

The Necromanteon - where pilgrims would stop and ask the spirits of the dead for guidance. It was a big stone maze (ruins) that led down into a single cavern:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5854/necromanteon0wb.th.jpg (http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=necromanteon0wb.jpg)

It was dark, and dingy - and as I stood against that wall - Iknew there was something behind it (it felt too much like a seal, blocking something off) and whatever it was it had a church built directly on top of it.

Dr evil
23-01-07, 21:20
I Bought 2 pistols and Real Gun Holsters with straps :vlol:

Kangaroo poo
24-01-07, 02:04
lately i seem addicted to shimmeying and swing ing on poles i do it on my bannersters they al most broke:o

Mary CF
24-01-07, 06:25

I think the one thing everyone admires about Lara is her determination.

She's my inspiration in that respect. She was my first role model (my mom was mostly absent). I never really thought about it until now, but I think I got that from being a fan (I started playing at age 10). When I was younger I used to try to climb things, in imitation of what she did in the game.

I thought about dressing up as Lara, but I could never find the right clothing. :(

I also have plans to travel the world, whenever I have the time/money. I've had these plans for a long time, but being a student burns up a lot of both. So far, the only place outside Canada I've been to is the Philippines. But personality is probably the closest I'd ever try to become like her.

Anyway... I have to admit, I was ALWAYS freaked out by the girls who got all dressed up and posted pictures and bios on Lara-lookalike pages, comparing themselves to her... most of them didn't ever really look like her. That was what totally turned me away from the idea of going as her for Halloween. And soon after I stopped any active imitations I might have been attempting.

the hooliganz
24-01-07, 09:16
So far, the only place outside Canada I've been to is the Philippines.

you've been to the philippines. how did you find it??, what place did you went exactly

cbragg09
24-01-07, 10:30
Well, I bought the holsters and pistols from the TR movie and when I go to the shooting range and holster up and take them with me, and sometimes when Im hiking alone I'll wear the guns and holsters to :o

kryptonite23
24-01-07, 11:16
Yes, when I and my uncle are finding treasures.
We are like treasure finders!

EscondeR
24-01-07, 12:01
- wall climbing
- performing long jumps/with grabs
- running like LC

If you count that, then I am a Tomb Raider a bit :)

Lara Croft!
24-01-07, 14:01
Lot of "Tomb raiding" guys....Lara would be proud!