PDA

View Full Version : If TR2 was remade, whatt do you think we'd "Just get"?

Phlip
22-01-07, 15:44
Because for legend it was Ghana, Ghana, Ghana and more Ghana and with AE, we're getting ridiculas amounts of lost valley pictures, so If TR 2 is made again, what do you think we'll "Just Get"?

I think it'll be the stage at Opera house.

Angelus
22-01-07, 15:45
Stop making pointless threads! :D

MiCkiZ88
22-01-07, 15:45
^
ditto -.-

Phlip
22-01-07, 15:47
It's not pointless!

Oh I understand why you think it's pointless, it's because you didn't read my first post!

If TR 2 is made again, what do you think we'll "Just Get"?

Angelus
22-01-07, 15:49
Why would I reply to your first post if I didn't read it? :confused:

This IS a pointless thread. No-one can say what we'd "just get", because TR II isn't getting re-made atm.

Lara's Boy
22-01-07, 15:49
Maybe this thread should be in the Future TR section, but there is already a thread kinda discussing a TR2 remake... :pi:

At any rate, I doubt we'll see a TR2 remake (I certainly don't want to see one), so I don't think that this is a question most people will/should give thought to.

dream raider
22-01-07, 15:50
Leave him to do what he wants, I don't think its a nice thing to say to someone. Anyway my view of Tomb Raider2 Anniversary is negative, I want Tomb Raider Anniversary to be unique. And what we'll 'just get'? Tomb Raider Anniversary didn't come out and who told you about Tomb Raider2 Anniversary anyway...

Lior_K
22-01-07, 15:50
I think first we should play TRA, compare it to what we had in Legend and they peculate on what could TR2 remake be like.

raiderfun
22-01-07, 15:51
@Rex : That i just what i wanted to say :) , it should be in next games section ;)

Phlip
22-01-07, 15:51
Leave him to do what he wants, I don't think its a nice thing to say to someone. Anyway my view of Tomb Raider2 Anniversary is negative, I want Tomb Raider Anniversary to be unique. And what we'll 'just get'? Tomb Raider Anniversary didn't come out and who told you about Tomb Raider2 Anniversary anyway...

There's been threads about it.
and thanks for sticking up for me, I'm really young.

dream raider
22-01-07, 15:53
I don't want anymore Anniversaries because then everyone will say "It's so different. Crystal D made the worst job ever! I don't like Tomb Raider anymore!" then Lara goes in the gutter just like before. We're playing with knives here and your every word counts.

domina
22-01-07, 15:54
Like I said in another TRII remake thread, I don't want to see it happen even though I love the game. I think it will cheapen Anniversary and possibly the series on a whole.

Phlip
22-01-07, 15:56
I'm scared CD are going mental with rage with hatred for core that they whant to remake all of cores games and bury cores lara under ground (literally) (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=84223)

domina
22-01-07, 15:58
I doubt that'll happen. I think your obvious bias against CD is making you somewhat paranoid. ;)

Lara's Boy
22-01-07, 16:02

lmao...so he's entitled to an opinion, but I'm not because mine was "mean?"

Anyway, I was simply pointing out the obvious :)

I do agree with you on your view of a remake, however; not only would it make TR:A less special, but imo it means that CD can't really do anything original outside of assigning new moves. After TR:A, I want CD to continue with original games that contain at least somewhat original ideas. I think that after CD is finished with TR:A, they'll have enough insight on what TR is to let their creative vision run unfettered (at least, I hope!) :D

Eddie Haskell
22-01-07, 16:05
You'd get Lara spilling a river of blood running through a simplistic tunnel-like game, wearing a wide assortment of outfits. I mean, that is what the new players want isn't it?

Ada the Mental
22-01-07, 16:09
Personally I wouldn't want TR2 remade.Why bother remake it,anyway?
I'd rather they concentrated on the next TR games.

Rivendell
22-01-07, 16:09
Nope Eddie - new players = no blood, remember? ;)

I think we' get lots of 'Great Wall' media.

dream raider
22-01-07, 16:12
lmao...so he's entitled to an opinion, but I'm not because mine was "mean?"

Anyway, I was simply pointing out the obvious :)

I do agree with you on your view of a remake, however; not only would it make TR:A less special, but imo it means that CD can't really do anything original outside of assigning new moves. After TR:A, I want CD to continue with original games that contain at least somewhat original ideas. I think that after CD is finished with TR:A, they'll have enough insight on what TR is to let their creative vision run unfettered (at least, I hope!) :D

Of course not but maybe a mod or admin can sort that out, so whatever you want I was just pointing out my opinion.:)

dream raider
22-01-07, 16:13
Nope Eddie - new players = no blood, remember? ;)

I think we' get lots of 'Great Wall' media.

Who ever said that?

Ward Dragon
22-01-07, 16:33
In the PSM3 scans thread, the magazine article interviewed one of the guys working on TRA and he said he wanted to see Venice on the new engine. I think that the media would focus on Venice :)

I don't particularly want to see a TR2 remake, though. I'd rather have a new game :)

StUdEnT rAiDeR
22-01-07, 17:14
In the PSM3 scans thread, the magazine article interviewed one of the guys working on TRA and he said he wanted to see Venice on the new engine. I think that the media would focus on Venice :)

I don't particularly want to see a TR2 remake, though. I'd rather have a new game :)

well, mybe they could make it after they made TR8, i mean i know that its 2 different teams working on it but i mean two hand are better than one so i think they should start making 'remakes' after TR8 or the legend 'triology'.

BlackGrey
22-01-07, 17:25
I think first we should play TRA, compare it to what we had in Legend and they peculate on what could TR2 remake be like.

That's what I said but nobody listened.

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 17:26
I think we'd get a few picks of Venice and the Great Wall.

No thread is a waste of time. Those people are just being rude!

Mad Tony
22-01-07, 17:30
Who ever said that?
It was never stated by anyone.
But just compare Legend to all the other Tomb Raiders, and you'll see where we're coming from.

I think this thread is pointless really, it's been discussed countless times before.

Ward Dragon
22-01-07, 17:36
well, mybe they could make it after they made TR8, i mean i know that its 2 different teams working on it but i mean two hand are better than one so i think they should start making 'remakes' after TR8 or the legend 'triology'.

Well, I'm hoping that they gain a lot of worthwhile experience about what TR should be like from remaking TR1. After that, I'd rather see a new game from each team than one new game and one remake every other year:)

Lara'sLover
22-01-07, 18:21
Venice:)

Evilkipje
22-01-07, 18:25
Leave him to do what he wants, I don't think its a nice thing to say to someone.

funny how he just said the same thing to vavavant

"These questions are pointless!
And anyway, I already made a thread a lot better than this here"

Hyper_Crazy
22-01-07, 19:40
Most probably Venice or maybe Opera House.

fondantcookie
22-01-07, 20:36
Venice :wve:

Laras Backpack
22-01-07, 20:37
Venice and the Great Wall I think. They'd keep the underwater levels, Tibet, the Temple of Xian and especially the Floating Island level underwraps until the release. :)

Eddie Haskell
22-01-07, 20:42
Hopefully they'll leave this classic alone. Who knows what abominations and abortions would result from their "good intentions". Perhaps an interactive dvd with all the fluff and Lara in various outfits to satisfy those who wish to see here situated in these locations.

The game is great and challenging. Leave it alone.

aussie500
22-01-07, 21:19
Well, I'm hoping that they gain a lot of worthwhile experience about what TR should be like from remaking TR1. After that, I'd rather see a new game from each team than one new game and one remake every other year:)

Toby Gard came up with the original idea and concepts, as well as working on Tomb Raider 1, l think he knows how to make a Tomb Raider game. Since the middle of the year people have been saying Crystal Dynamics were working on a remake and if they had time they would like to do Tomb Raider 2.
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/bydate/2006/05/
The only 2 games CD are interested in remaking are the first 2, nothing else. l still doubt Eidos would go ahead with the remake if it is not already done for the Anniversary Edition though, but hope they would. If they were to do the remake, it would be all the levels same as the remake of Tomb Raider 1, and they would most likely concentrate on releasing media and later a demo for the Great Wall level. Even if they never had time to do it for the Anniversary Edition, they could still have time to do it before Tomb Raider 8 comes out, and then both teams could work on Tomb Raider 9, and still have it out in 2009 :)

Eddie Haskell
22-01-07, 21:34
Toby Gard came up with the original idea and concepts, as well as working on Tomb Raider 1, l think he knows how to make a Tomb Raider game.

That's all well and good, but ideas and concepts are one thing; implementation and interpretation are another. Obviously it's his baby, and one can only hope that any future remake project shows sufficient respect for the original(s). Throughout history we have seen how remakes in all media's are received; not to well. The standard has been set, and it is always difficult to surpass (or even come close) to the original.

AmericanAssassin
22-01-07, 21:39
Toby Gard came up with the original idea and concepts, as well as working on Tomb Raider 1, l think he knows how to make a Tomb Raider game. Since the middle of the year people have been saying Crystal Dynamics were working on a remake and if they had time they would like to do Tomb Raider 2. :)
I hate him with a passion. He, supposedly, doesn't want the games to be connected. Only the first couple and Legend!!! TR3-6 happened too!!! :mad:

Roddy100
23-01-07, 02:31
I hate him with a passion.

And yet without him Lara would never have existed.

AmericanAssassin
23-01-07, 03:00
I don't hate him for that. I just hate his more current actions.

Eddie Haskell
23-01-07, 03:02

Touchè! ;)

Ward Dragon
23-01-07, 09:05
Toby Gard came up with the original idea and concepts, as well as working on Tomb Raider 1, l think he knows how to make a Tomb Raider game.

I was referring more to level design and gameplay, which I don't think Toby Gard had too big of a role in. Besides, from what I read, it was Toby Gard's idea to change everything in Legend from what Crystal was doing (which sounded pretty good) to what we got (which I did not like). I would rather CD get the experience themselves and not rely solely on Toby Gard to tell them what TR is, because he left after the first one and seems to hate everything that happened since then :(

Kiss-Bite
23-01-07, 09:54
If some think this is a pointless thread then simply don't post in it. Some might argue that it's pointless for some people to keep pointing out that they think this thread is pointless.:rolleyes:

I also think if there were a TR2 remake the first screens would be most likely of Venice.:) The canals & wonderful architecture with next-gen visuals would showcase a TR2 remake well. I love TR2 & so I'd be be quite excited if a next-gen re-creation of it was announced.:D It has great locations that would look stunning with next-gen visuals.

If a remake ever happened I don't think it would happen until after Legend gets its next installment. It would also depend on how successful TRA is, which I think will do amazingly well.:D

Ward Dragon
23-01-07, 10:02
If a remake ever happened I don't think it would happen until after Legend gets its next installment. It would also depend on how successful TRA is, which I think will do amazingly well.:D

Very true. I sort of want to see a TR2 remake, but I would want a lot less human enemies. That might ruin the magic for the people who love TR2 as it is, so I'm reluctant to say it should happen that way. Anyhow, what will be will be. I'm much more focused on the TR1 remake right now :D

Supernova
23-01-07, 12:13
If some think this is a pointless thread then simply don't post in it. Some might argue that it's pointless for some people to keep pointing out that they think this thread is pointless.:rolleyes:

I also think if there were a TR2 remake the first screens would be most likely of Venice.:) The canals & wonderful architecture with next-gen visuals would showcase a TR2 remake well. I love TR2 & so I'd be be quite excited if a next-gen re-creation of it was announced.:D It has great locations that would look stunning with next-gen visuals.

I agree 100% :)

krycekuva
23-01-07, 15:23
i go for venice,..

hope they show only venice,.. as you have plenty of places to show, and they are not, IMO, the best of all the enviroments or stages,.. so i would put the worst of them,... venice,...

i would love to play TR2 remake too

Alex Fly
23-01-07, 15:26
I think they will show us Venice... :)